Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on

Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Yates

Pros

• Kills broadleaf weeds

Cons

• Can be difficult to use

• Not suitable for all grass types

ecas1234
ecas1234

Should be called feed the weeds..

It’s hopeless… 25 dollars one week later my clover , the most common annoying weed in Australia is looking fabulous thanks to feed the weeds. My grass has dead spots everywhere but thanks to the green clover it’s not all dead..
I say avoid and get targeted products or just thro some money in the toilet and sit back down.. I’m not gonna give it one star because I don’t think a product should be judged on stars alone so read the reviews and make up your own mind.. thanks..

Purchased in September 2021 at Mitre 10.

Andy
AndySydney Surrounds, NSW

Yates feed the weeds

I tried 2 bags of this weed and feed and now I even have more weeds than I had before in my backyard, it did kill a few weeds but there’s growing back from inside the dead weed, so this product should be called feed the weeds

Purchased in August 2021 at Big W Retail Stores for $12.99.

ash
ashAustralia

Waste stay clear !!!!!!

Did nothing to the weeds lawn looks terrible !
Followed all instructions carefully and nothing ! Complete waste of money better off using your bare hands
Better off flushing your money in the toliet !!!!!!

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.99.

Cosmic
CosmicBrisbane

Hose connection!

I have also had difficulty in attaching the snap on hose connector to the bottle. I unscrewed the bottle connection 90 degrees which allowed the hose to be connected from the side, then turned it back to its original position and “wha-la” all worked as it was supposed to. Results are happening after a few days to a week.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

DisappointedPerth, WA

Disappointing - cannot recommend

Warning on the package says that some areas of lawn might turn black but only for a few days. One month later I still have some annoying black patches. The fertiliser also 'washed' onto my driveway and some edging concrete bricks leaving horrible brown stains. I was not impressed with this product! The price is not bad compared to the competition but the product is not worth the negative consequences.

Duck
Duck

A great product

I couldn't give 5 stars, but only because there ARE sometimes issues with the hose connection and with flipping the lid open. The product itself though I have had great success with, and my lawn is looking better and better every time I use it. I will continue to buy/use it, but perhaps some tweaking of the bottle design?

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $15.00.

Andy seems a little intolerant

ANSWER: Unfortunately Andy above must have received a perfect product. Perfect it ain't. (so Andy keep your insults to yourself)
My wife had disastrous results with this as well. The problem is the flip lid on the product DOESN'T FLIP.
It doesn't flip easily and doesn't flip with a great deal of pressure. I tried and the place to put your thumb snapped off.
With the help of a large flat screw driver I manage to prize the lid up and wonders, it NOW works like a dream.
I would suggest that somewhere along the line Yates have changed manufactures of this important part and failed to test it adequately.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $20.00.

Meg A.
Meg A.South East Queensland, QLD

Won't connect to the hose

Very disappointed. The hose won't connect properly and the water sprays out the back. It is also quite heavy to be carrying around trying to keep the hose connected. Would never buy this again.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $15.00.

The G.
The G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Only half the chemical comes out

Doesn't kill clover, and you can only use half the bottle, once it get to half way, no more chemical comes out, from that point on you are just watering the lawn, terrible design, terrible product.
Never again..

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $25.00.

Garden Maintenance Products

Cannot extract more than half the chemical

Works well but after half the chemical has been dispensed , the remainder will not draw through the nozzel fitting . Continuing to sparay just waters the lawn . I have two half full/empty containers and no way of extracting the chemical .
Peter

Purchased in April 2020 at Mitre 10 for $25.00.

Lou G
Lou GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect Product for Weeding and Feeding - Tall Fescue Grass

This product is amazing for weeding and feeding my tall fescue grass. i find that it gets a good majority of the weeds and i use it on an 8 week cycle. I also compliment a Paspalum Killer for crabgrass in between these cycles 8 week cycles with great success. Highly recommended and i have been using it successfully for the last 3 years.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $15.37.

Paul Thompson
Paul ThompsonSydney, NSW

Lawn will be nice

Found product easy to use. My hose connections another story.

Bought at Big W. Size larger than supermarkets for the same price.

Worked as described.

Can't wait to see the results.

Will use again.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $12.00.

Jaye
JayeSunshine coast

Dud hose fitting will never buy again

The hose fitting fought me every inch of the way and i tried three (3) click hose fittings on various locations in the garden.
Recommend buy another brand to alleviate total frustration

Honest Reviews
Honest ReviewsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been using for years but problems.

Purchased in January 2020.

Colin
Colin

Does what the instructions state

Read the instructions and follow these.

The product works really well; you'll see the broadleaf weeds start to wilt in a day or so and their death over the week.

If you're unsure about your lawn type, purchase the Buffalo Safe version (clearly labelled) to be certain not to damage your turf.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $20.00.

Robert M.
Robert M.asked

Best time of day (Queensland) to apply weed and feed

Jenny C
Jenny Casked

Every time I use liquid Weed & Feed, it doesn't spray out of the bottle. Only the hose water sprays out. Is there a tip or trick to using this product please?

Ron Stevensasked

It would seem that nearly all who use or have used the weed and feed hose on product have a problem with the hose connection not being successful I also have the same problem. By now I thought that someone at Yates would have addressed this as the product ( weed and feed liquid) is good but if you cannot connect the hose properly to the bottle there is a problem!!!! I have also tried many hose fittings gs with no success. Please ring me 0407434547

Ron Stevens

RON STEVENS.... HOSE CONNECTION PROBLEMS Ladies and Gents I noticed a post about 2years ago about my problem.. hose connection to the bottle.. I did not have any Vasoline but I used Vicks on the mail connection which is on the bottle and. YES IT BLOODY WELL WORKED and Properly.. THANK YOU..

Disappointed

I did not have a hose connection problem. My problem was that the chemicals used in the product burnt my lawn and left it looking decidedly ugly. It also stained my concrete driveway PERMANENTLY. And yes, I did use the right concentration of Weed and Feed and water. Hence W&W is NOT a product I can recommend!

See all Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on questions

Get an answer from our members and Yates representatives

Features:

• The Yates Weed ‘n’ Feed Liquid Hose-on is a weed killer and fertiliser.
  • It has added nitrogen fertiliser to help your lawn stay healthy and keep green.
  • The weed killer selectively kills the most common broadleaf weeds found in lawns, such as bindii, clover, thistles, and dandelions.
  • The formula contains a wetting agent, helping to improve the spray coverage and better penetrate leaves.
  • Plant hormones in the product are absorbed by weeds and transferred to the roots, causing them to curl and yellow before being destroyed within 4 weeks.
  • An on and off switch means you can attach the Hose-on straight to your garden hose and spray it on your yard directly. You can also dilute it in water and use a watering can for a more precise application.

What did reviewers think about the Yates Weed ‘n’ Feed Hose-on?

Reviews for this product were well and truly mixed. Reviewers who left positive feedback reported that it effectively killed broadleaf weeds on their yard, and said that the Hose-on was easy to use.

However, there were many reviewers who found that this product was difficult to use. They said that it was difficult to attach the snap-on hose connector to the bottle. Some also stated that the dispenser was unreliable, and that only water - and no chemicals - were being fed a lot of the time.

A few reviewers also noted that the product didn’t nourish their lawn or kill weeds - a few even said that it killed their grass or left it discoloured and patchy.