Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on

Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on

2.5

JayeSunshine coast

Dud hose fitting will never buy again

The hose fitting fought me every inch of the way and i tried three (3) click hose fittings on various locations in the garden.
Recommend buy another brand to alleviate total frustration

Honest ReviewsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been using for years but problems.

Purchased in January 2020.

Colin

Colin

Does what the instructions state

Read the instructions and follow these.

The product works really well; you'll see the broadleaf weeds start to wilt in a day or so and their death over the week.

If you're unsure about your lawn type, purchase the Buffalo Safe version (clearly labelled) to be certain not to damage your turf.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$20.00.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Read the instructions before use & complaining

After reading a lot of reviews, I feel that a lot of deadbeats have not read the instructions properly. Have been using this product for years & it works perfectly for me

Jon S

Jon SMid North Coast, NSW

fantastic product

All the ppl on here leaving negative reviews do they bother to read the instructions properly i mean helloooo the product works fine the plastic bottle sprayes fine if you read and follow the intructions correctly you won't have a problem with Yates Weed and feed !

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$15.00.

CandycrushaddictAustralia

Killed my Kikuyu

Beautiful green lawn one week , spray this rubbish on my lawn to rid of some weeds and to feed it too. Went away for a week hoping to come back to the still, lovely green lawn only to find this it is all dead. Don't mind the weeds,they are still thriving. Contacted them and they are trying to pass the buck, asking me 20 questions. I had photos of my lawn prior to application. It is not safe on kikuyu as stated. Now I have dead lawn for Christmas. Oh and still now waiting for the outcome from them. Thanks very much Yates, I will never buy any of your products again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$16.00.

Candycrushaddict

Yep, I have already responded before Christmas and awaiting your reply still.

Useless

Just spent an hour watering this product and pack has barely reduced. There is no tube or pump to be seen inside the pack so wondering how does the product rise to combine with the hose water? I think I have just been watering my lawn. Thought Yates were good products but have a negative opinion now.

Purchased in December 2019 at Mitre 10 for A$16.00.

Shoog

Shoog

Useless

What a waste of money and time.
More weeds now than ever

Don't waste your money or time on this useless product.
It feeds the weeds and that's it.
I have more weeds now than prior to using this.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$15.00.

IT FEED WEEDS......... Useless rip off product

Bought to kill only weeds in my lawn as I wanted to re seeding it during early spring, waited for a week plus in hope for weeds to die but nothing happened wasted my time. Weeds looks more healthy. Please do not wast money on buying this useless product.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$24.99.

NOT HAPPY

NOT HAPPYMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Cheaper to buy straight water GRAP

This stuff is grap I brought 4 bottles took weeks to see any results when I did it only killed a bit of clover wasted money bunning should stop selling this rubbish and sell bottled water as weed killer would get a better result. I also emailed yates and guess what no reply, supprise supprise!!!!!!! Do not buy.

Purchased in September 2010 at BUNNINGS.

Amazing results

Beyond useless

We have a small average and we sprayed the whole lawn as per manufacture instructions. Did nothing at all except encourage the weeds to grow. Clovers, weeds and bindis all spreading.

Love it. Kills off sensitive weed and helps the grass.

Used this about 3 weeks ago on the back lawn that was covered in sensitive weed. Holy moly has it dropped a bomb on them. Grass is fine, its not buffalo grass, so its worked well.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

2 Green Thumbs Up!

Recently moved into a new place and couldn’t see the grass through all the weeds, I considered re-turfing but after 2 applications of weed n feed, I actually have grass! Would never have thought to try it if I hadn’t contacted the guys at Yates! Thank you Yates

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$15.99.

Louise

LouiseSydney, NSW

Worst product ever. Do not buy!

Followed instructions exactly. Not one single weed seemed to die, in fact we seemed to have more! A complete waste of time and money. Can I have a refund please?

Chris S

Chris SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Killed My Saphire Buffalo Lawn - Do not buy

Purchased this Yates Weed n Feed Liquid product from Bunnings in order to kill off the clover growing in my 2 year old sapphire buffalo lawn. Other than a few clover weeds turning slightly yellow (many did not), it has killed my lawn which is now 80% dead brown. I applied it as per the bottle instructions. I am hoping it will recover and repair itself otherwise it will all have to be replaced. Not buying this product again.

Louise J

Louise JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of precious time

Total waste of time. I have all the weed chemicals but to save time maintaining the sprayer etc I bought 2 bottles of weed and feed. Followed instructions to the T. Ended up watering the weeds for over half an hour , imagining the bottle was getting lighter and lighter. And that’s all it was , my imagination. Not happy Yates

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$24.00.

Ray

RayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Swap o ring

Just used this product and it sprayed fine although I noticed the o ring was perished so I swapped it with a new one worked great just hoping it kills the weeds

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$14.99.

stokesy

stokesyPerth, WA

sprayed fine

got a few litre bottle from Bunnings, clipped straight onto my hose like it was born to do it, sprayed a dream, only been 2 days so can't speak on it working but seems none of use really want to talk about that and are worrying about wet hands anyways.
providing the weeds dissapear will definitely buy again

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$22.00.

Ashraf E.

Ashraf E.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The nozzle leak, product was not coming out. Waste of money

I tried this product more than once and I always have issues while spraying. The last three applications did nothing to the weeds. Avoid this product as it’s waste of money,

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$14.70.

Peggy C.

Peggy C.asked

Does Yates Weed &Feed kill sheep sorel and yarrow????

Jaye

Idont think it kills anything, my weeds are still looking healthy

Sueasked

I am not sure of the type of lawn/grass I have =-- maybe some buffalo and some kyikuya I need to feed and weed it but the Yates Feed and Weed says not to use on Buffalo.. Help. I also have drying circles developing which may be lawn grub or another pest. It seems there are little round lumps of dirt around the areas (bit like rabbit dropping size) but I'm not sure if that is just from worms of ???? Can you please give me some advice.

Hi Sue.

When I used to use this product on my old lawn. It definitely had some form of buffalo in it - I don’t know exactly what it was. But it was buffalo like... It never hurt it. My advice is to take some of your lawn cutting to a nursery and see what they say - after all many of them have a degree in this field. And while your there, buy some of their product to support someone other then bunnings!

If your lawn has been very damp, you can get dirt mounds caused by earth worms. A sign of a healthy soil. If you have red wasps during the day, little brown moths at night, or the fluffy brown nests under your eves. Caterpillars on your driveway, or a small black beetle, You have grubs. You will need to treat for these ASAP. Army worm/beetle can devastate lawns within days.

Follow instructions, if you treat only once, you will fail to break the life cycle of the grub and they will be back in weeks. Multiple applications and preventative measures are critical for maintaining a healthy lawn.

All that being said. It can’t hurt to get a small bottle and spot spray a 2m squared section. Monitor it over a week and see how it goes. Failing that, there is a buffalo friendly version of weed and feed....

Patience is key with lawns. And remember. We are heading into cooler weather and therefore cooler soil temps. The time for lawn Reno’s is spring. A light fertilization now with some weed and grub control should get you through to spring.

Goodluck!

Sue

Many Thanks. Very helpful.

Colin D.

Colin D.asked

Is the date on the bottle a use by date?

Honest Reviews

I think there may be, although I have used bottles that have been sitting in a hot shed for years and it still worked effectively. Like any chemical keep out of UV and it’s probably going to be fine to store for a long time.

Andy
Andy

Not 100% on this but think it might be the date of dispatch & batch number.Uusually a use by date will have ( use by ) printed .

Get an answer from our members and Yates representatives