11Zodiac CX Robotic Pool Cleaner Series

4.3

AmySouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Verified Top Review CX20

Very short life - twice needing motor replacement in only 3 years

Bought in 2018. In less than one year, the motor needed replacing which luckily was covered under warranty. In the first year we also had issues with the wheel tracks constantly falling off so the company we bought from gave us replacements for free. Now a couple years after, the motor has gone again, not covered under warranty this time. This cleaner cost us $940 and is now useless. A new motor is $450.

Purchased in at Best Pool Supplies for $940.

• Pool Size: Large
Zodiac   DM

Hi Amy, We would like to apologise for your negative experience and we'd like to learn more about your situation and see if we can provide you with a better solution. Could you send your details (Phone number, email and address) via private message? Thank you

Regards,
Zodiac & Astral Pool/Fluidra Support

Amy

I rang Zodiac Manufacturers and was told there is nothing they can do. Just a loss I have to accept as it is out of warranty.

Alex W.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Verified Top Review CX35

Died after two years

This robot pool cleaner was good whilst it lasted, but 2 months after the warranty ran out, it stopped working.
For a device that cost $1300 when new, this is woeful. Not recommended due to bad build quality.
My experience with Pool and Spa Warehouse trying to get them to care was similarly sad.
Pool and Spa Warehouse where the unit was purchased, refused to provide any help.
I went to the manufacturer - Fluidra they were also unhelpful and didn't answer emails for two weeks.
I have now bought another robot from a different brand and a different shop.

Purchased in at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for $1,311.

• Pool Size: Average
Zodiac   DM

Hi Alex, We would like to apologise for your negative experience and learn more about your situation and see if we can provide you with a better solution.

Please reach out to us via LIVE CHAT and one of our Customer Care team members will be able to assist you. We can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: external link

Regards,
Zodiac & Astral Pool/Fluidra Support

Alex W.

I reached out and was not assisted via both the chat system and email. They just say that the warranty period is over and they can't (won't) do squat.
I recently read that the EU is starting to require companies to provide 10year warranties on consumer electronics... Bring it on.

willlotto
willlottoSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
  Verified Top Review CX20

Better than cleaners that cost four times the amount, but fragile

Before we got our CX20 for $850AUD, we had a dolphin that cost $3,200. It had fifty fancy features on its wireless remote, four ridiculous paper filters that filled with dirt in about 5 minutes which were made of flimsy plastic that broke in the first 2 months and a caddy that took up half the shed to move it since it weighted an absolute ton.

For 1/4 of the price, the CX20 is hands-down the better cleaner. The large capacity plastic basket is a dream to use, the no-frills design means it's light & easy to carry, and it does a great job of cleaning our pool.

Zodiac fixed our control unit under warranty when it failed due to rainwater incursion, despite this being arguably a failure due to misuse (do not leave the control unit in the rain. It is not as waterproof as it looks). I'm very pleased with the Zodiac after-sales support.
We just had it fixed again (in year 3) due to an issue with the cable - again, most likely due to children playing with the cleaner/cable while it's in the pool doing its job. (about a $250 repair at the pool shop)

Reviewing what's on offer in the market now, when this CX20 eventually wears out, I would replace it in a heartbeat with another CX20. Even though I have had to fix it a couple of times, I'm still well below the price of most competing pool cleaners; and as I said - this one is as good as the best of them.

Having had a fancy cleaner that you could drive around your pool, or choose from 20 different cleaning cycles - I can tell you it's all useless features for the sake of profit. If you want a robotic cleaner that just cleans the pool - with the choice of focusing on the floor of your pool, or doing the whole pool including walls, waterline and steps... well, the CX20 is hard to beat.

The only thing it's really missing (that other robot cleaners have) is a swivel attachment on the cord to prevent it twisting it's floating cable into knots if you don't manually untwist it between runs.

... But you have to take care of it: It's fragile, and needs to be treated gently, like a robot - not left in the elements or thrown around, like a marine vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in for $845.

• Pool Size: Large
Zodiac   DM

Thank you so much for your kind words, Willotto. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers,

Zodiac AX10 ACTIV

Noal A
Noal ASouth-Eastern Region, NSW8 posts
  Verified Top Review CX35

A magic cleaner makes my life so much easier

Purchased this cleaner due to a disability which stops me from lifting heavy loads. It is highly efficient and picks up the leaves and bark that accumulates in the pool with ease. I was very impressed with the way it dealt with the fine dust blown in from the west. I normally put it in in the morning early, occasionally in the evening after dark. As it is completely silent my neighbours never hear a thing.

Purchased in at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $1,326.

• Pool Size: Average
Liz S.
Liz S.2 posts
  Fair Incentive CX35

Zodiac motor won’t turn?

The motor has stopped turning, any help to get the motor to work would be helpfull Show details ·  1
Jan
Jan
  CX20

Only used this the once but very impressed, cleaned the whole pool 12M x 3M up the walls all in 1.5 hours, lots quicker than my last more expensive one.
Easy to clean after it has done its job. Highly recommend this product Show reply
J I.
J I.2 posts
  Verified CX35

Known fault with control panel

Had this machine 12 months and control panel stopped working , under warranty control panel was replaced now just under 12 months from replacement control panel went again , zodiac have arranged for new control panel , hopefully this one lasts as machine is a good solid machine. Show details
FixitSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Exhaust Valve Fix

If you find your CX35 is not cleaning the best it could be the exhaust valves need replacing. They are easy to check. Pull the filter out and see if they are starting to break up. I’ve attached a couple of photos to show the fix. Just need to remove four screws from the bottom and pullout the panel. Replace valves then reinstall with a Phillips head screwdriver. Show details
Dominic Gardiner
Dominic Gardiner2 posts
  CX35

Way better then having the old baracuda flaping around in the pool all day

The CX35 has acumeilated more deadbrie in 2 hours of operation then the old Baracuda did. So much more economical !! Show details
Paul R.
Paul R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  CX20

Hard to fault, easy to use

Does exactly what it is designed to do. You can opt for purchase finer filter for dirt/dust particles which also works well Show details
Paul Harrison
Paul Harrison

A fantastic pool cleaner

A fantastic pool cleaner. The CX20 does the job perfectly. It picks everything up from large leaves down to fine grit. Our pool has never looked better. The CX20 is easy to use,easy to clean & has a large waste basket.
I would definitely recommend this pool cleaner. Show details
Mick Hogno
Mick HognoMurrumbidgee Region, NSW
  CX35

Didn't last long electronics packed it in

Worked well while it was working had to purchase another filter to pick up fine dirt.
3 years and it packed it in.
Looks like electronic.
Called manufacture not very helpful. Show details
Stephan
StephanSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's been great . The pool has never looked better

Easy to assemble and use . The pool has never looked better . Much better than creepy crawler . And can now run the pool filter less because it is now more efficient. Show details
Dave Nelson
Dave NelsonHunter Region, NSW3 posts
  CX35

With a choice of walls and/or floor

...... this cleaner and its wheeled caddy is just perfect for most domestic pools. Show details
Kim
Kim

Spot on

Pool has never looked so good
Picks up a lot of finer dirt that our old cleaner missed
easy to move around using the caddy Show details