Zodiac VX55 4WD

• Pool Size
Steve Kavanagh

Steve KavanaghSydney Surrounds, NSW

And oldie but a goodie

I’ve got a Zodiac four-wheel-drive pool cleaner it’s about six or seven years old now yes it has had a few faults through its life but it’s even still cleaning the pool with one of its wheels broken off it’s like a terminator that won’t give up and I must admit if you take the time to go to Zodiac at Weatherall Park and sit in the reception they always fixed the pool cleaner for me without charging me I thought they were amazing even though the product does have a few faults there after sales service for me over the last couple years has been faultless

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Do not by Zodiac

So many people with so many complaints about the same issue yet Zodiac did nothing to resolve the issue.
On the dot three years and the unit failed like the rest of the reviews, going backwards on its roof. DO NOT BUY ZODIAC

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,500.00.

Abdullah

AbdullahPerth, WA

cable damage after 3years

cable damage after 3years and 5 months, the The repairs cost 40% of a new one, it's not worth the repair as I was told to expect more faults.
Not happy at all with zodiac

Purchased in January 2015 for $1,500.00.

Marina

MarinaMid West, WA

Leaves my pool cloudy.

My VX 55 Cleans the debris (mainly leave litter) from the bottom of the pool but spits out a hazey mess leaving the pool very cloudy. I can’t believe I spent over $2000 on a pool cleaner that leaves my pool looking worse than when it went in!!

Purchased in March 2020 for $2,280.00.

StuartSydney, NSW

No after sales support

My Zodiac VX55 worked well for a while but it keeps tangling the chord. Even once I replaced the chord with the swivel joint, it still tangles. Its a software problem. Cant over-rotate in one direction. Put a kit though it a year ago, worked well again. Now it stopped I suspect after a lightning strike nearby. Now literally NOONE want to try to fix it - just buy a new one? UNACCEPTABLE. How can you sell a product and then not service it afterwards. AVOID ZODIAC.

Purchased in December 2015 for $1,900.00.

Tarek

TarekPerth, WA

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

3 years and 1 month on the dot it stopped working. Error 10.Zodiac refused to fix it. Never again I would buy from this company.
Spending $2000 on a. Item that dies 1 month after warranty is not good enough.

Purchased in August 2017 at Bestpricepoolequipments for $2,000.00.

Vx55 great cleaner, until 3yrs/800hrs

Purchased in April 2017 for $1,900.00.

popogolf

popogolfSydney, NSW

Life span is around 4 years only

Purchased in November 2016 for $1,500.00.

consumer

consumerSydney

Great while it lasted

4 years old and very expensive but only used once a month after heavy storms/winds.
So probably used 50 times.
Controller gone, the part that has no moving pieces so can't be worn out!
$500 to replace it.
No thanks will seek another solution.

Purchased in December 2016 for $1,500.00.

Scott

ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not last, and Zodiac don't care after warranty ends

Similar to the last reviewer, my unit is around 4 years old too and constant Error-10. This is after it was fixed about 18 months ago with a tune up kit and new cable. It also had a new motor in its first 12 months. So constant issues. Contacted Zodiac for support, and nothing. Its out of warranty and no concerns for ACL.

Purchased in February 2016.

Roel

RoelSydney, NSW

After 4 years stops working and I'm told just to buy a new one!!!

Bought the Zodiac 4WD 4 years ago. It always did a great job until this week it shows an Error 10. Called my pool shop and they told me to buy a new one as this error likely means the Motor needs to be replaced and would cost a lot of money to repair. They actually recommended not to buy a Zodiac but a Dolphin. Also called Zodiac as lifespan of only 4 years for a product of this price is not what I expected. They did not provide a price but confirmed that sending the product to them, the labor and the margins of the pool shop will potentially make it look like buying a new one is a better option.

Purchased in December 2015 for $1,650.00.

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed! Didn't clean our pool as we thought it would

We tried out the Zodiac cleaner based on a the advice of our pool shop and we were not impressed. We have a few trees around our pool and this cleaner didn't pick up the debris very well. It was also quite clumsy to use. Not impressed. Ended up going for a different brand, which happens to be awesome. Make sure you try before you buy!

Purchased in June 2020.

Anne

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Pool Cleaner I have ever had.

Our Zodiac VX55 has been used very regularly in a pool that gets a LOT of gum leaves for close to 3 years. It has always done an amazing job, better than any other pool cleaner I have ever had. When we did have an issue with the motor, the service I received was prompt and a technician arrived at the time arranged and fixed the unit. It truly was "service with a smile".
I could not be happier - I even call the unit "Pool Boy"

Purchased in March 2017 at Best Pool Supplies.

Yar

YarSydney, NSW

Significant drop in performance after 2 years...

4 months after the 3 year warranty, the exact same issues as many other reviewers: Device slows down, operates in reverse; and flips upside down in the pool. Avoid at all costs.

Purchased in December 2016 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $1,600.00.

Brazz

BrazzAuckland

Could have designed it better

For me, a man, don't need it to return to parapet, don't need remote, never works or not worth the effort, and how about the poor design of the corner of the hood catching on the power lead when you open / close it to clean the filter. Amazing what it finds in the pool, some finds when you clean the easy clean filter.

Purchased for $3,200.00.

Brazz

BrazzAuckland

Review after three years

Still has no idea where its going next,
Yesterday it skidded on it's back across the whole width of the pool..
It had fallen off the wall onto it's back!!!
I have noticed this several times and wondered how long (like a turtle) it had been cast there...???

Purchased for $30,000.00.

Phil

PhilMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

The worst

Error 10 - I’ve lost count how many times I’ve had this. Just too frustrating to give a positive review. I’m beyond accepting a ”I’m sorry to hear about your experience”

Purchased at Narellen Pools for $2,000.00.

Barton Cha

Barton ChaSydney, NSW

Can I return it?

I bought this VX55 today and found one issue. It seems that I have to take it out every time after I use it. If cleaning job takes 30 minutes, I have use about 20 minutes to put it in the place and get it out and store it somewhere. It is not automatic at all. How can I mange it? Can I return it? I miss auction cleaner now

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,900.00.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

800 hour unit has errors and repaired myself.

Purchased in January 2017.

Necessity of Choice

Necessity of ChoiceSouth East Queensland, QLD

THE ONLY TOOL FIT FOR THE JOB

This pool cleaner is amazingly effective. I have owned it for over 3 years, and yes I had a breakdown under warranty, fixed by the dealer in days. BUT it is amazingly effective at picking up those leathery gum leaves that block a Kreepy as soon as it hits one, and I have plenty of gum leaves !
In addition, with a 12 m pool, the cable length is ideal. This is an electrical appliance working under water then getting baked in the sun, then back in the pool. That the seals remain effective through this treatment year after year is astonishing.
If it packed up tomorrow I'd be buying another.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Thank you for your kind words, we welcome all feedback and are always happy to receive a positive product review. Have a great day!

susan d.asked

My cleaner is two years old, vx55 and cost $2000. it flips over and no longer cleans the pool properly. This is pretty disappointing to say the least. I was wondering whether a Vortex Motor Tune-Up Kit - R0746700 would help. Any ideas?

Stuart

Mine only flipped over when it was overdue to empty the leaves from the basket... having said that, the tune up kit could help,

Hi Susan,

Please reach out to us via LIVE CHAT, once we've obtain some information from you, one of our case management team members will be able to assist you further.

We can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: https://www.zodiac.com.au/service-my-product

Regards,
Fluidra Case Management Team

susan d.

I did reach out to live chat last week several times. What happens is that the live chat times out because the people at your end are not doing their jobs (or are they?). I have spent quite a long time on live chat and it is a complete waste of time. I still am none the wiser as to what is going on with my unit. Your case management team are useless. I have checked that the power is plugged in and I have unplugged the box from the power supply. There are no kinks in the swivel cable. I have checked the chemicals. The Zodiac will not follow a floor only mode. I won't waste my money even on a tune-up kit. I will buy another brand as this product review page is not helpful!

Susanasked

my vx55 4wd will not clean part of the bottom of the pool anymore and seems obsessed with climbing the walls. I checked the pH and replaced the tyres to no avail. any suggestions?

Susan

My Zodiac Robotic pool cleaner VX55 is not working properly and is having the same symptoms as described below - flips on it's back, not covering the the pool properly. I was planning to buy a Vortex Motor Tune-Up Kit - R0746700 and have it installed by a Zodiac technician. Would this make a difference? I paid $2000 for mine only two years ago.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Hello Susan, if you water chemistry is in balance then I would suggest you to unplug the ebox from the power supply and unplug is from the swivel cable and then reconnect is once more. Also if the cable seems tangled, wet it and lay it out straight in the sun and let it dry.

Try running your cleaner in floor only mode and once the cycle is finished, convert back to floor and wall, we hope this will resolve your issue.

If you need further assistance, we can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: https://www.zodiac.com.au/service-my-product

Regards,
Fluidra Case Management Team

susan d.

Hello Fluidra I had already tried those suggestions and my water chemistry is in balance. More specifically I was wondering if it was worth spending the money on tune-up kit or just buy another system e.g. a maytronics dolphin, which I hear are superior to the Zodiac, but I will be guided by any suggestions. Thank you

Dave

Daveasked

I'm getting ER008, I came down from the pool to researched it on line on going back to the cleaner it had moved in the pool, I pressed the PRG to clear the Error, restarted but it appears to be slow to move and get its bearings in the pool.

Edited it is dead in the water

Later found out the cleaning fins (rollers) move, the geared wheels don't. one side freely rotates the other moves under tension (gearing), it looks like one set of wheels gearing may have failed.

Warranty expired 1.5 months ago, will ring Zodiac directly ti see if they will honour a repair

Any ideas?

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners