Zodiac VX55 4WD

Zodiac VX55 4WD

Necessity of Choice

Necessity of ChoiceSouth East Queensland, QLD

THE ONLY TOOL FIT FOR THE JOB

This pool cleaner is amazingly effective. I have owned it for over 3 years, and yes I had a breakdown under warranty, fixed by the dealer in days. BUT it is amazingly effective at picking up those leathery gum leaves that block a Kreepy as soon as it hits one, and I have plenty of gum leaves !
In addition, with a 12 m pool, the cable length is ideal. This is an electrical appliance working under water then getting baked in the sun, then back in the pool. That the seals remain effective through this treatment year after year is astonishing.
If it packed up tomorrow I'd be buying another.

Pool Size Large

Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

It could be a perfect cleaner but it is not.

I have had this cleaner for 15 months now. There are two things I am unhappy with. The VX55 4WD will not climb and clean the steps. When it moves around the pool on the floor picking up the dirt that the wind has blown in it just blows it all out the back exhaust of the machine making the pool so cloudy you can't see the cleaner in the water at all..I purchased the 100-micron filter insert for extra dollars but does the same blows all the dirt out the back. I then have to wait for all the dirt to settle on the pool floor before we can repeat the mess. For leaves, the cleaner works well. For $1500 this pool cleaner is not fit for purpose.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,500.00.

eric

ericHunter Region, NSW

filter

what size microns is the filter cartridge that comes with the standard 55 4wd as the fine dust seems to be blown out the back i have looked at owners manual and it dosent say

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,831.95.

DanPerth, WA

VX 50-stopped working weeks short of warranty expiry.

Our cleaner broke weeks short of the expiry of the warranty. We made a claim and promised that someone would be in touch the following week. Zodiac are completely unresponsive

Purchased for $1,500.00.

Dan

Update 2: Zodiac called and have now scheduled a Technician to come out on Thursday next week. Will update after this.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dan, We sent you the reference number as confirmation that we were trying to have this actioned asap for you. We passed your details and they called you 2 hours later and booked in your call. Thanks.

TigerSydney, NSW

Great when it was new but only lasts until it is out of warranty period

By reading all the reviews it seems that this cleaner only works well for 3 years. My VX55 was 6 days past warranty period and stopped picking up leaves. Paid $1400 which is a lot of money for something that has a life of 3 years. I am a pensioner and thought this cleaner although expensive would be the last one I had to buy. Would not recommend this cleaner because of its short lifespan. I was told by Zodiac repair centre that the reason it wasn't working was because the cord had been chewed, however, the cleaner was still working at picking up fine debris but not picking up the leaves. It would also tip over on its back and not return to the upright position. I will be looking at some other brand of cleaner as a replacement.

Purchased in October 2016 at Maple Pools for $1,400.00.

Pool Size Large

Dinnie

DinnieWestern Australia

Very disappointed

My Zodiac has been brilliant for three years, and now it’s out of warranty it’s stopped working. As a pensioner, I can’t afford to replace it.
Wasted a lot of money for a product that only lasted three years
Will never recommend Zodiac

DonnaCentral, SA

Zodiac VX55 4wd. $1990.Purchased Dec 2017. Faulty May 2019. Still not resolved.

Zodiac VX55 4wd. $1990. Warranty on machine is not honoured. Customer service is the worst I've experienced to date. It's been 4 months since the unit was reported . It was then dropped off to the service centre on the 19th July and to date I have had no correspondence from zodiac. I emailed Zodiac Australia last Friday and still no response. The machine was purchased Dec 2017.

Purchased in December 2017 at Adelaide Suburban Pool & Spas for $1,900.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Donna, Please accept our apologies for this delay. Are you able to confirm your details via Inbox on Facebook or an email address so we can follow this up? Thanks.

Donna

I emailed to this address:
apac.aftersales@zodiac.com
But like always....zodiac never reply or acknowledged the correspondence.

Was working a treat and then just stopped. Er 10

Was perfect at picking up the leaf litter.
It then just stopped operating . Error 10 was the message.
Worst part is dealing with Zodiac. Very Ordinary customer service. Constantly ringing to organise repair or at least a replacement as I live remotely. Zodiac are extremely slow to respond. Still unresolved. Very different customer service. Zodiac could take some direction from Dyson on customer relations, they could learn a thing or two.
Paid $1990 back in Dec 2017.

Purchased in December 2017 at Suburban Pool and Spas for $1,990.00.

Dee Em
Dee Em

I was told that Zodiac would make contact with me today regarding the freighting of my VX55 down for repair. Once again no one has rung. To date it is the worst customer service. It will be a week tomorrow since I contacted Zodiac.

Same old story...

I've had the same experience as many have reported here. This is a good cleaner and does a great job....but only for about 18 months. After that the performance goes downhill and now that I've had it for about 2 years its essentially useless. It used to be able to manage the pool steps but has now started turning itself over and being unable to right itself. The automatic lift system stopped working etc. etc. This is not a cheap cleaner and I expected a much longer period of working at peak performance. I have treated it well, kept it clean and in good shape. But I cannot recommend it...particularly now I have to go to the pool shop and buy a new cleaner. Certainly won't be a Zodiac !!

Purchased in April 2017 for $1,500.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Your VX55 is still in Warranty based on your review date of April 2017. This model has a 3 year warranty. Please let us know if we can contact you and help with this issue. Thanks.

Geo1
Geo1
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Geo. May I ask that you send us your details, via DM or our Facebook Inbox. We will look into this asap for you and get this sorted. Thanks!

Job well done!

The cleaner was very good value. I am surrounded by trees and after I scoop the majority of leaves by hand the robot cleans up the remainder and debris with ease. The basket is simple and easy to clean. Trees are beautiful, but they make a painful mess.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,349.00.

Lionel

LionelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent pool cleaner

Never owned a pool before and sought the best way to maintain with minimal effort.the vx55 fits that bill.added the finer filter and unit does an excellent job keeping the pool clean.does a far better job than the pool filter itself based on the amount of silt and debris accumulated.only negative the top of the unit is already well scratched as it often flips over after cleaning walls and steps.it quickly rights itself.
Small gripe the programed daily cycle seems to cancel itself after around a week.

Purchased in May 2018.

Mick G

Mick GAU

Don't waste your money. Mine get's stuck on my pool's bottom step

My Zodiac VX55 4WD gets stuck on the bottom step. When it does finally manage to get off it puts itself up there again. Half the cleaning time is spent stuck on the step. This is not what I paid for? This was a $2,000 cleaner and it's pretty much useless. Have underwater GoPro video of it (see the link at the end of this review). Wouldn't recommend this cleaner. I have asked both Zodiac and the retailer for a refund. Zodiac have told me it's not their responsibility to refund I've emailed the retailer and as yet have no reply. Consumer affairs the next step I suppose? https://youtu.be/Btu0S2jpPTg

Date PurchasedNov 2017

the best

ive had this cleaner for about 2 years and find it to be the best cleaner i have ever had. ive read some of the bad reviews and cant understand them . was so happey with mine i bought a secound one for my brother who is over the moon with his..

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you Tony! We appreciate your review and taking the time to pass on this Feedback. Happy New Year!

chxzqwSydney

Disappointed. Brand new product and control box is faulty.

I bought this brand new one around 2 weeks ago and now reckon the control box is faulty.

If I change the operating time to 30 min from default one which is 1.35 hour according to other settings, it always goes back to the default value after some time or after every lift operation. The changed value is never got saved properly and is really annoying.

Also the remote controller stops working even I have done lots of sync operations according to the manual. The light keeps flashing and nothing works.

Cleaning job is ok though.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi there. Sorry to hear. May I asked if you have called us to get this sorted for you? Thanks.

chxzqw

Hi thanks for your comment. Not yet since it is during holidy time. I am going to take it back to the dealer to have a chat. So btw may I know what is the best number to call if they are not helpful ?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Please give us a call on 1300 763 021. Thanks!

Not working anymore

We have had this cleaner for a few years now. It has also just stopped working...
This is the second time this has happened.
We went back to our local pool people & they said they we would probably need to buy another.
Not happy !!
When you pay this type of money for a cleaner you would think it would last longer then this.....

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Noy. If you have not already, please call us directly on 1300 763 021 and let the Team know we asked you to call. Thanks.

Quite disappointed, no value for money

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

HI Rick. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team? If there is an issue with your Cleaner, we can have one of our Techs look at this for you? Thanks.

Don't waste your money!

We used the vacuum for 4 years and we loved it until it just stopped working one day. We were always careful to treat it as suggested and never left it in the pool for an extended period. The store we bought it from said the problem is likely the cord and the motor and not worth repairing because it will cost $800 and we paid $1100. For $1100 I expected more than a 4 year lifespan!

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Lynn, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that the cleaner is not working. May we ask if you had a quote done or a tech look at the Cleaner to give you this costing information? Thanks.

AMC

AMC

Just OK with poor warranty service

Have had it for around two years now. Generally works well but we had to buy the 100 Micron canister as it just dispersed the fine silt. Housing on the robot started to separate and we sent it for warranty repair. Took 4 weeks (literally to the day) and it doesn’t even look like anything was done. Housing is still separating and you can see the styrofoam inside. Warranty seems pretty pointless if the repairs are so poor.

For the record, we also take good care of the machine and always take it out of the pool after running, empty the canister and hose it down with fresh water. I wouldn’t say it does a superior job to our old Onga Hammerhead suction cleaner which was substantially cheaper.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi John, Sorry to hear about the Repair experience. May I ask if you have raised this issue with our Customer Care or if you would like to be contacted? Thanks.

Greatt time saver

After 8 weeks of use, I'm very pleased with my VX55. My pool faces the southeast and a rainforest. So leaves are a big issue in the pool. But the VX55 seems to manage picking up the leaves and smaller twigs. I use it every second day for 74 minutes and the pool always looks good and the water sparkles. Best of all, it frees me up to spend more time in the pool etc. I should have bought one years ago!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Suek, Thank you so much for the 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Love it!!

The Zodiac pool cleaner has really saved me time, as I am having to maintain ie back wash and clean my pool's filter system less often. Hopefully this means the filtration system will have a longer life. The leaves and other debris are collected in the Zodiac and cleaning it is easy. I am a woman and find the Zodiac a little heavy lifting it in and out of the water but apart from that I would recommend it to anyone. A great product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for the 5 star review! Happy Swimming.