Zookal

Cheapest books of the absolute best quality

Honestly Zookal is the cheapest site I've found for all my books, and they always deliver with the best quality (new, still in plastic) books, which always arrives within 5 days. Would recommend to everyone studying at uni; you save money and still get brand new books. The best site I've found for all my text books.

Store LocationOnline

Inaccurate information and books not delivered.

I ordered my books on 27th Feb and today, 21st of March my books haven't arrived yet even though the website said it'll take approx 10 days (5-8 days to depart the warehouse and 2 days for delivery). When I bought the books they were in stock, today, on a reply of an email I sent they said that they are awaiting for one book to arrive by the end of the month!!! They provide misleading information on the website!!!!! People, don't buy on this website!!!

Store LocationZookal.com.au

Great service, product and satisfied when received

I don't usually write reviews but in this circumstance it may help those who are searching for cheaper uni textbooks like myself. I had read previous reviews and was hesitant at first in regards to purchasing through them as Zookal is fairly new to me. But overall, I risked ordering my first textbook with them and I am more than satisfied! I contacted them first to check if it really was in stock despite it advertised online when ordering (this is what was the common negative reviews that books were back ordered or not in stock although advertised they were). They confirmed this, then I made my purchase on March 8th and it was shipped straight away, had email updates to advise me and I returned home from work today March 15 to receive this book! I live in Darwin, so receiving it from NSW I know usually takes a little longer for anything to be sent/arrive. But I trusted them and I definitely got what I paid for. The book arrived in a reusable box (incase you want to send it back for book rentals which is a great idea btw and eco-friendly too). My book is still brand new, wrapped in plastic (not sure about that part but glad to know it's brand new) and then bubble wrapped to keep it safe again and some scrunched up brown paper around the empty part of the box to stop it from moving and being damaged during transport. I love books and I will definitely buy from them again!

If you are conscious about receiving them in time, be mindful of not ordering books close to when you have assignment deadlines as that's the risk you take and end up getting upset if books don't arrive if you ordered it too late. Things can happen along the way (backorders/out-of-stock/transport issues etc) but I guess everyone is case-by-case situation. Overall, I am happy and satisfied with service by Zookal. Thank you.

Store LocationZookal

Very slow shipping

I ordered a book 7 days ago and I still haven't received it!!!!! I called the main office and the lady said the book has been shipped today and I will receive the book by the end of the week. I also updated my shipping order a day after I placed the order but they shipped the book to the first address.

Atrocious service

Ordered a text book in good faith on 31st January 2019. Estimated time of delivery max 2weeks. Didn’t hear anything from them and no book delivered. Contacted Zookal on 22nd February- book not arrived from their suppliers, informed 2 hours later book no longer in print and refunded money owing.
Now beging of semester and I have to find another supplier. Their communication, customer service and transparency is atrocious.
Shop elsewhere.

Great service, very happy.

Ordered on Sunday and delivered Tuesday morning. Book very well packed. Excellent service and great buying experience.

Ordered other texts from Amazon same day and not even shipped yet (Thursday).

I’d definitely buy from Zookal again.

excellent price and service

I have purchased 3 law books over 3 weeks. each has been 30% to 40% cheaper than other sellers. The delivery on two items was way ahead of the proposed time and the third delivery was right on time. Very happy with the service.

Exemplary service

I've purchased text-books from Zookal now about five times. The first time I was absolutely desperate for the texts. I had them in my hands within about 72 hours. The bliss! The service is consistently efficient and timely, and their prices highly competitive with other text-book providers I've previously used.

Buyer beware

I bought a textbook for term three from zookal. Never bought from them before but the price was good and the website said my book was in stock. I paid and waited over a week but no email came to say my book had been sent. I sent an online message asking if it would be dispatched soon, 2 days no answer. So I used their online chat and they said that they were waiting on a shipment to come in and it wasn’t due for another week. They did offer to upgrade my postage to overnight which was nice, but disappointed that they advertise books as in stock when they are not available. I checked the website and it still says my textbook is currently in stock, so check before you buy to avoid delays.

**update - Zookal posted my book regular post after promising to upgrade me to express. When I asked why they had no answer... pretty poor. Define call to make sure book is in stock before you buy and leave at least 2 weeks for postage.

fast and polite service

Ordering process was simple. When the parcel arrived, unfortunately it was incorrect. Within minutes of notifying the Zookal team, a return label was sent, and the correct order was on the way. Impressive!

Wow I'm impressed by Zookal's service

Ordered a textbook for the course I was doing. The thing came bubbled wrapped, with confetti paper and in a cardboard box, all packaged nicely. I have ordered multiple books in the past from other companies such as booktopia, bookdepository etc. and never have their products been given the utmost care on transport and delivery. It has been quite the opposite, from cut up dust jackets, bent pages and damaged bindings due to the book moving around during shipping. Thank you Zookal.

Impressed With The Service

This is the first time I have used Zookal to buy a uni text book and I was very impressed with the service. They got my order on Tuesday and it was delivered to Perth on Friday morning. I did contact Zookal to confirm that the book I wanted was in stock before I ordered, as was suggested by previous reviewers. I saved 25% on the cost of the book compared to the uni book shop so I'm happy and will use Zookal again.

Great site for legal texts

This is my 'go to' site for legal texts.Great price, even ones out of print arrive within target time, never disappointed. Also very helpful staff when I have to ring and discuss.Prompt delivery.No hassle.

Great, very happy

Hate writing reviews but I saw a few negative reviews which made me nervous when I was deciding whether or not to order so thought I'd leave my feedback. The text book I needed was $30 cheaper on Zookal so even with the negative reviews, just decided to risk it. I'm in WA and the book arrived via Australia Post (which had a tracking number) the Friday before uni starts. Week and a half I think it was. Very happy, no problems just make sure it says 'in stock' or whatever it says. Most people's issues seem to be when the book goes to backorder.

Don't bother wasting your money, complete thief

First I bought a book and they didn't tell me it was back order. Then I get an Email telling me it was back order. 3 weeks into the new term they finally post it. "No express post" they said. so a week later my book turns up. torn corner near the seam and bent from the top right corner backwards half way down the book. $100 and lairs and thieves. Don't waste your time. You might save some money but the hassle is not worth the lies, deception and wrecked books. I will never use again.

Top Quality Service

Zookal's textbooks are always the cheapest I can find, with time effective delivery dates and top quality products. I was unable to locate a book on their webpage so I contacted them about possibly getting this publication, and within a few hours, the book was ready to purchase on the site. The text was advertised at a cheaper price than other retailers and is scheduled to arrive in no more than a working week. Very impressed with this service.

Outstanding

Zookal was easy to use. Notifications were only used to advise status of my order. Cheaper than the uni bookshop and other online suppliers.

Great Service. Thanks Tracy and Zookal.

When I first submitted my order, I forgot to specify a different address from the usual. I rang the following day and spoke with Tracy who took down my preferred address details and within 24 hours I had the book in my hand. Can't beat that. Well done and thanks!

Great customer service and fast delivery

I've used Zookal a couple of times for uni books and they have great competitive prices and great customer service. One time they couldn't get my text book by the time I needed it so they contacted me to let me know and gave me a refund. The books I have received have been well packaged and sent quickly.

Fantastic

Looking for text books someone on FB suggested Zookal, whole experience was great from price to delivery don't think could of got a better service anywhere else. I have just made my second purchase and would highly recommend then to anyone.