Monique M.

Monique M.Southwest, VIC

Beware - don't use if you don't have to.

I ordered a book over 10 weeks ago (mid September 2020) and was told it would be dispatched the following week. One month later (mid October 2020), still no book, I query it and am told another 4-6 week wait. I rang today (6 weeks after the last communication) and got a very honest operator. She told me that there's a 70% chance that I may have the book within the next 4-6 weeks although she doubted it as the publisher is closed from mid December and that it is common practice for Zookal to advertise books as available but they just want your money and then don't communicate with you nor actually deliver what they say they will.
Super disappointed is an understatement! DO NOT use these people if you don't have to!

Dissapointing

Bit disappointed that I ordered a book before my study began, yet it took nearly 4months to arrive with no correspondence of a delay, so I dont even need it anymore.

moosher

moosherGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too many lies

I ordered a King James Bible approx 3 months ago, was told I’d recieve it in a couple of weeks then was told the publisher has a backlog it’ll be dispatched in a week then in another week and the dates kept changing untill I said ENOUGH I’m sick of all the lies and requested a refund to which I’m still awaiting. I would definatelt avoid

Faulty book

I received a bent textbook and when I asked for a refund they advised I must return the book. The return label did not work and the book was returned back to my address. It’s now been 2 months of emails with no reply about my refund or a new label to return

Zookal S.Zookal

Awesome!!! Tbh thought maybe a scam (cause of the prices) but its fine

I ordered a textbook and it arrived in 9 days, needless to say I'm impressed. Mind you, I'm in Naam (Melbourne), so I was fully prepared for it to take a while to arrive to me. Super happy and would not hesitate to purchase from there again. They have great discounts and an awesome selection. The book was packaged really well, no damage whatsoever, and brand spanking new. I could not be happier. Glad I have something to keep my occupied and keep my mind working during these crazy times. Thanks Zookal lmao

chose this company because it was Australian and I didn't want to import book - they can't supply for weeks

will never use this company again. because of covid and delays I chose to pay extra to buy local - they can't supply the book for over a month and expect me to wait. I could have paid less and bought from overseas myself. this was deceptive as when I purchase it didn't say the book wasn't in stock.

Kim S.

Kim S.Perth, WA

worst communication and customer service ever

Store Locationonline order
Tracie J.

Tracie J.Northeast, VIC

Unreliable

I ordered several textbooks, which took many weeks to arrive, and only after several emails inquiring as to the whereabouts of my order. Even when it was shipped, there were books missing and I had to follow-up in order to get the last of my books (they even tried to tell me all of my order had been shipped). I finally received all of the ordered books without even an apology for the complete stuff around I had experienced.
I thought I'd give Zookal another chance. So far I have received only half of my order with no information on when the rest will arrive.
I will not be using Zookal in the future as I expect effective communication and efficient service, both of which Zookal seems to lack.

John

JohnPerth, WA

Advertising books not in stock 8 week back order.

Mel

MelMelbourne

Ordering just doesn’t work

Haven’t got my order delivered!!

Very dodgy service. I am still waiting for my book to arrive after a month. They took my payment straight away, and send a link for a order trucking app to download.. but... Is it a trap?

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Delayed dispatch (or not at all?) beware

17 days after paying for expensive uni book "in stock", book still not dispatched. Assured it would be sent within a maximum of 14 days after first complaint. Declined to provide refund when requested. No updates. Clear cut misrepresentation.

Store Locationonline

Has been a month with no communication

I ordered a textbook that was ‘in stock’ a month ago and it hasn’t even been shipped. It’s now week 4 of uni. I emailed them 3 days ago and haven’t gotten a reply yet.

Update: called them and they answered immediately. They let me know that the book was actually out of stock and wouldn’t be arriving until SEPTEMBER (I ordered in July). I was not made aware of this whatsoever beforehand. They are now giving me a full refund. The girl who I talks to on the phone was nice though.

Brian MacAlister

Brian MacAlisterAustralian Capital Territory

Very poor

Order a textbook and paid, months passed and no sign of it, followed up with a phone call to discover they had never ordered it for me from their supplier, requested a refund, took 2 emails and 3 phone calls to get them to process it, amateurs

Modfather

ModfatherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zookal beware

I ordered two books that Zookal listed as 'in stock' and paid for express delivery. They took my money immediately with the order, but weeks later I have received nothing, not even a tracking message. Zookal don't respond to emails, and I can't get through to them on the phone as the phone number they give is not theirs. I will have to try to get my money back from PayPal. I recommend you DO NOT order from this company.

Madi M.

Madi M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Website wrongly said 'in stock' and poor communication

I ordered a textbook online. It said 'ships in 1-2 business days.' 5 business days later, it still wasn't shipped. I sent an online inquiry and never heard back. Suddenly the website said 'ships in 6-14 business days.' I called and had my order refunded, as they would not have the book in stock for another 2 weeks. Not good enough. Still giving 2 stars as I had a helpful lady on the phone.

shocking service

Zookal, you need to advice your customers from the get go that you do not have in stock the item you are selling and that deliver could take up to 4 weeks. Will never shop here again, I have learnt my lesson. As for your customer service email bots, there broken!

Store Locationhttps://textbooks.zookal.com.au/
Grace M.

Grace M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

FROM BAD TO WORSE

I ordered two textbooks.
I never got emailed a receipt. I contacted them a number of times (3) requesting one. They never contacted me back.
My package arrived two weeks later with only one of the two book. It was damaged, and there was no access code which I paid extra for online learning access.

Kayla

KaylaPerth, WA

Paid for Express and sent parcel post! I will most probably Fail my assignment now

I paid $15 for express post and called and they assured me it would be sent express and it’s in stock as I paid for express . They sent it out parcel post and didn’t even offer me the difference back . Will be calling them this morning . Agree with other reviews , they may be cheaper than other places , but the drama isn’t really worth it and failing an assignment . I do not recommend

Simone

SimoneSydney, NSW

What a disaster! AVOID

I have been waiting for 3 weeks for my uni textbook. I have emailed, called and used their online chat (sometimes it wasn’t even working) and nobody answered ever. The queue was so long, based on how quickly it was moving it would have taken about 8 hours at least to answer me. I have sent another email demanding a refund so I can go elsewhere. You have completely screwed me for this trimester. You have affected my uni so severely it will be my life mission now to warn everyone to never use Zookal. Let’s see if they actually refund me...worst experience of any business in my entire life.

Zina H.

Zina H.asked

how many days need to be delivered to Melbourne/ Australia

unknown

unknownasked

if I would order a book today by speed post how many days it would take and how to apply for speed post option. can u please respond to my question ASAP

d a n i e l
d a n i e l

To my understanding, if you place an order with Zookal before 2pm on a business day, and the item ordered is in stock, and you paid for express delivery of your order, Zookal guarantees the order will be delivered to you by the next business day from the time it dispatches from their warehouse.

However, Zookal has advised that Australia Post does not deliver to all postcodes via it's Express Network - check if they do at this link - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/sending-in-australia/delivery-areas-within-australia.

Hi there,

As Daniel has said, express postage is 1 business day to VIC/NSW/QLD, however some post codes within these states are out of the express network via AusPost so it could take a little longer to reach you if you are within those areas.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at contact@zookal.com if you need further information!

Hilda

Hildaasked

Hi there!
It is still available the book:
"Business and Corporate Law" by Fitzpatrick?
and when it would be delivered?

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for your enquiry. We are able to help you resolve this issue, if you would like to email us at contact@zookal.com with your order number we will look into this.

-Julia from Zookal

Get an answer from our members and Zookal representatives

Other Book Shops