Zookal

Very disappointing

I am very disappointed in the service from Zookal. 3 weeks and my order has not arrived. Communication occurs after I make contact. A tracking code is given but when used it states "Parcel in transit" and has been for 10 days - with no progress. Into the 2nd week of semester without the prescribed text. I would not recommend this organisation.

Incredible Service

I ordered on Wednesday night and my books arrived during the day on Friday, packaged perfectly so there was no damage to the books. I am extremely happy with the service!

Great experience getting books from Zookal.

Great experience getting books from Zookal. I was looking for 10 books from a list that my friends recommended me to read, and I found all of them from Zookal website, they are all in stock.

Store LocationRosebery

Great!

Great customer service A+ prompt work and responsive to my questions. Had just the supplies that I needed. Highly recommended to use zookal and will defiantly use again . Thanks zookal

Thanks so much for the review, Dee! We are trying our best to ensure that we are on top of what textbooks are needed for the upcoming semesters/trimesters and we are so glad that you had a positive experience with us.

From my experiences, I recommend Zookal

During my University days, I purchased, and also rented, a number of books from Zookal.

Their price of purchase was very competitive (meaning it was the lowest price in the market); this gave me reassurance I was making the right decision in choosing Zookal over other book merchants.

In relation to rentals: I found this to be a convenient alternative to purchasing - whilst the book on rent was not brand new, it was nevertheless the prescribed book I required for a particular subject. Futhermore, the rental price was reasonable, the book had no missing pages and, equally important, the rental process (including return) was quite simple.

In terms of customer service: each time I had an enquiry or an issue, the Zookal staff were polite and provided resolution with genuine care and professionalism.

Thank you Zookal and all the staff who assisted me with my requirements.

Store Locationwww.zookal.com
Thank you so much for your positive review, Daniel! Customer satisfaction and the convenience of textbook accessibility are the two things we pride ourselves on and we are so glad that we have met this mark with you!You certainly have. Keep up the excellent standard.

Awesome customer service!

I purchased a textbook which arrived very fast, I however noticed it had been damaged from the printing process (no fault of Zookals) and so they sent me a new one via express postage! Brilliant service! I’ll be purchasing all my textbooks from Zookal from now on!

Store LocationOnline
Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your understanding in this matter and we are now ensuring that the textbooks we receive have not undergone printing issues. We are always striving to have matters like this resolved quickly and we are glad that we have been able to do so with your order.

Selling books that are not in stock/falsely claiming that books had been sent by express post.

Do not purchase books from this seller unless you allow at least 3 weeks for them to arrive. I was given false information relating to the delivery on 3 separate occasions. It is now week 4 of session 1 and I still have not received by books.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. We try our best to update our customers with the updates given to us by our suppliers. Due to peak season, sometimes these aren't always as fast as what we wish to be. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss this further.

Cheapest books of the absolute best quality

Honestly Zookal is the cheapest site I've found for all my books, and they always deliver with the best quality (new, still in plastic) books, which always arrives within 5 days. Would recommend to everyone studying at uni; you save money and still get brand new books. The best site I've found for all my text books.

Store LocationOnline
Thanks Shania for your review! We work really hard to process and dispatch all orders in a timely manner and with the best quality. We are so happy to hear that this has been reflected in your order with us!

Inaccurate information and books not delivered.

I ordered my books on 27th Feb and today, 21st of March my books haven't arrived yet even though the website said it'll take approx 10 days (5-8 days to depart the warehouse and 2 days for delivery). When I bought the books they were in stock, today, on a reply of an email I sent they said that they are awaiting for one book to arrive by the end of the month!!! They provide misleading information on the website!!!!! People, don't buy on this website!!!

Store LocationZookal.com.au
Hi Alejandra, We sincerely apologise to hear about your negative experience with us. We take pride in our attention to detail and service, and we regret that we missed that mark. We are working on providing the accurate time frames on our website for textbooks that do take a little longer to come into our warehouse to ensure that this does not happen again. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Great service, product and satisfied when received

I don't usually write reviews but in this circumstance it may help those who are searching for cheaper uni textbooks like myself. I had read previous reviews and was hesitant at first in regards to purchasing through them as Zookal is fairly new to me. But overall, I risked ordering my first textbook with them and I am more than satisfied! I contacted them first to check if it really was in stock despite it advertised online when ordering (this is what was the common negative reviews that books were back ordered or not in stock although advertised they were). They confirmed this, then I made my purchase on March 8th and it was shipped straight away, had email updates to advise me and I returned home from work today March 15 to receive this book! I live in Darwin, so receiving it from NSW I know usually takes a little longer for anything to be sent/arrive. But I trusted them and I definitely got what I paid for. The book arrived in a reusable box (incase you want to send it back for book rentals which is a great idea btw and eco-friendly too). My book is still brand new, wrapped in plastic (not sure about that part but glad to know it's brand new) and then bubble wrapped to keep it safe again and some scrunched up brown paper around the empty part of the box to stop it from moving and being damaged during transport. I love books and I will definitely buy from them again!

If you are conscious about receiving them in time, be mindful of not ordering books close to when you have assignment deadlines as that's the risk you take and end up getting upset if books don't arrive if you ordered it too late. Things can happen along the way (backorders/out-of-stock/transport issues etc) but I guess everyone is case-by-case situation. Overall, I am happy and satisfied with service by Zookal. Thank you.

Store LocationZookal
Thank you so much for your kind words, Chan. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us!

Very slow shipping

I ordered a book 7 days ago and I still haven't received it!!!!! I called the main office and the lady said the book has been shipped today and I will receive the book by the end of the week. I also updated my shipping order a day after I placed the order but they shipped the book to the first address.

Hi there, We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Not all textbooks on our website have the same processing and dispatch time frame which is why some take a little longer than others. Due to peak season, there is sometimes a delay in the address' being updated in our system, which is something that we are working on fixing. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us.You have a lot of bad reviews and you only have one answer copy pasting. Try to improve your service.

Atrocious service

Ordered a text book in good faith on 31st January 2019. Estimated time of delivery max 2weeks. Didn’t hear anything from them and no book delivered. Contacted Zookal on 22nd February- book not arrived from their suppliers, informed 2 hours later book no longer in print and refunded money owing.
Now beging of semester and I have to find another supplier. Their communication, customer service and transparency is atrocious.
Shop elsewhere.

Hi Sarah, We sincerely apologise for the experience you have had with us. We are working on hard to be completely transparent with our customers and to provide all accurate time frames on our website to ensure that this does not happen again with you, or anyone else. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Great service, very happy.

Ordered on Sunday and delivered Tuesday morning. Book very well packed. Excellent service and great buying experience.

Ordered other texts from Amazon same day and not even shipped yet (Thursday).

I’d definitely buy from Zookal again.

Thanks for your review! We work really hard to process and dispatch all orders in a timely manner so we are happy that reflected in your order with us.

excellent price and service

I have purchased 3 law books over 3 weeks. each has been 30% to 40% cheaper than other sellers. The delivery on two items was way ahead of the proposed time and the third delivery was right on time. Very happy with the service.

Thanks for the review, Julie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Exemplary service

I've purchased text-books from Zookal now about five times. The first time I was absolutely desperate for the texts. I had them in my hands within about 72 hours. The bliss! The service is consistently efficient and timely, and their prices highly competitive with other text-book providers I've previously used.

Hi Polly, Thanks for this amazing feedback! We take pride in our fast delivery and we're glad we met this mark with you!

Buyer beware

I bought a textbook for term three from zookal. Never bought from them before but the price was good and the website said my book was in stock. I paid and waited over a week but no email came to say my book had been sent. I sent an online message asking if it would be dispatched soon, 2 days no answer. So I used their online chat and they said that they were waiting on a shipment to come in and it wasn’t due for another week. They did offer to upgrade my postage to overnight which was nice, but disappointed that they advertise books as in stock when they are not available. I checked the website and it still says my textbook is currently in stock, so check before you buy to avoid delays.

**update - Zookal posted my book regular post after promising to upgrade me to express. When I asked why they had no answer... pretty poor. Define call to make sure book is in stock before you buy and leave at least 2 weeks for postage.

fast and polite service

Ordering process was simple. When the parcel arrived, unfortunately it was incorrect. Within minutes of notifying the Zookal team, a return label was sent, and the correct order was on the way. Impressive!

Wow I'm impressed by Zookal's service

Ordered a textbook for the course I was doing. The thing came bubbled wrapped, with confetti paper and in a cardboard box, all packaged nicely. I have ordered multiple books in the past from other companies such as booktopia, bookdepository etc. and never have their products been given the utmost care on transport and delivery. It has been quite the opposite, from cut up dust jackets, bent pages and damaged bindings due to the book moving around during shipping. Thank you Zookal.

Impressed With The Service

This is the first time I have used Zookal to buy a uni text book and I was very impressed with the service. They got my order on Tuesday and it was delivered to Perth on Friday morning. I did contact Zookal to confirm that the book I wanted was in stock before I ordered, as was suggested by previous reviewers. I saved 25% on the cost of the book compared to the uni book shop so I'm happy and will use Zookal again.

Great site for legal texts

This is my 'go to' site for legal texts.Great price, even ones out of print arrive within target time, never disappointed. Also very helpful staff when I have to ring and discuss.Prompt delivery.No hassle.

if I would order a book today by speed post how many days it would take and how to apply for speed post option. can u please respond to my question ASAP
To my understanding, if you place an order with Zookal before 2pm on a business day, and the item ordered is in stock, and you paid for express delivery of your order, Zookal guarantees the order will be delivered to you by the next business day from the time it dispatches from their warehouse. However, Zookal has advised that Australia Post does not deliver to all postcodes via it's Express Network - check if they do at this link - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/sending-in-australia/delivery-areas-within-australia.Hi there, As Daniel has said, express postage is 1 business day to VIC/NSW/QLD, however some post codes within these states are out of the express network via AusPost so it could take a little longer to reach you if you are within those areas. Please don't hesitate to contact us at contact@zookal.com if you need further information!

Hi there! It is still available the book: "Business and Corporate Law" by Fitzpatrick? and when it would be delivered?
Hi Hilda, Thanks for your enquiry. We are able to help you resolve this issue, if you would like to email us at contact@zookal.com with your order number we will look into this. -Julia from Zookal

What will my book come to me?
Hi Suy, Thanks for your enquiry. We are able to help you resolve this issue, if you would like to email us at contact@zookal.com with your order number we will look into this. -Julia from Zookal