Extortionate after sales service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

I spent ~$20000 on outdoor electric roller blinds after a site visit and recommendation. Had wind issues immediately with pulls/ stretches in the fabric where it was dislodging from the tracks. Had this fixed under warranty twice but now the same blind has separated completely from the tracks on both sides and I’m just out of the warranty period. After the money I spent and the same fault being present more or less all along I was gobsmacked when I spoke with the ABC Blinds manager regarding the situation. She said it would be $95 for them just to have a look and confirm there’s a problem (?!) and it would be ~$300 to take them down and re-insert into tracks, keeping in mind there shouldn’t be any materials cost. When I said this was extortionate and pretty appalling after sales service considering the circumstances, it was a case of too bad so sad! I will never use ABC blinds again.

Beautiful shutters

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

We had some shutters installed in our house yesterday. We are very pleased with both the look and quality of the shutters but also the high level of service provided by ABC. Especially to Mark the installer, he was quick, efficient and very friendly. We have used ABC Blinds on many occasions and have always found them excellent.

Why did I wait so long

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

We just had an outdoor blind installed by Neil and Oliver from ABC blinds, they were quick efficient and pleasant. Same as the staff in their Wangara showroom and Alan who did the original quote. It was an awkward area because there were no walls to attach the blind to. A quick chat to the staff at the showroom and a solution was found, a straight drop form under the guttering that straps down to paving (some work on the paving was required to stop it lifting). The blind itself looks great and will definitely enhance our ability to enjoy outdoor area by blocking the afternoon breeze, which every year since we moved in (12 years) I have said I must do something about.

Very Happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Had some outdoor blinds installed yesterday by Phil Smith from Prs installations. Both himself and the young man with him were really polite and very helpful. They installed the blinds in no time and left no mess behind. The did a fantastic job and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Vertisheers - Wendy from Byford

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Jason was a an amazing installer as he had to make special fittings and Karen from Cannington was amazing assistance

Fantastic support and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I have been buying Blinds from ABC for around 17 years now. I always been happy with the blinds i have bought over the years. I find the staff in the showrooms to be very friendly at helpful every time i go there. If i have had a problem with i blind and require assistance they have been great. I would highly recommend ABC Blinds

Coogee

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Poor after sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

ABC delivered the house blinds but the main bedroom blind was missing a slat. ABC advised that couldn't deliver one missing slat for over 8 days. After discussions they agreed to saturday. Received confirmation of the booking. Cancelled my plans in order to wait for the slat as i have very limited time.
Waited for over 5 hours for ABC to deliver one missing slat for the blind .no contact at all. I would not recommend ABC to anyone given the poor after sales service.

Comments
ABC Blinds and Awnings Official

Hi Vicki, we are really disappointed to hear about your recent experience. Our Service Manager Elaine will be in contact with you very shortly to discuss.

I don't think that will be necessary. The slat arrived at 6.07 pm and was left in the meter box. A phone call was then made advising it had been delivered. I then went and installed the slat myself. The order is now concluded.

Outdoor Blinds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Had some outdoor blinds installed by Neil and he did a great job.
Clean and tidy workmanship, very professional with no issues whatsoever.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
Private message

outdoor blinds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

we had some outdoor blinds installed today and we were very happy,clean tidy installer,thankyou
Stephen and Irene McCarthy Safety Bay

Excellent price & service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

The whole ABC experience was professional, from sales staff at Osb Pk and Cannington, onsite measure, communication, ontime attendance = all outstanding service!
Jean , the installer, did a great install job-clean, tidy, polite and professional

Fantasic service , Fantasic product .!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Thank you to the staff at ABC Blinds. Blinds ordered and installed before Xmas.
Cisco measured and installed the zip screen out door blinds. He is very meticulous with the measuring, the installation was done in a professional manner, his workmanship is excellent and very tidy. The Zip screen blinds have made a huge difference to our outdoor area fantastic product, fantastic service!!

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Thank you to the staff at ABC Blinds. Rhys has been out to my home twice to fit blinds. He is very polite, quick and professional. his workmanship is excellent and very tidy.

Wish we’d done this years ago

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2018

Blinds ordered and installed on Wed before Xmas. Phil our installer was professional, meticulous and very tidy, no cleaning up required afterwards. They have made a huge difference to our outdoor patio area, vastly improved privacy and much cooler indoors after 40C+ day recently.

Service that is hard to beat.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

After lunch on Wednesday 19th December my wife phoned ABC Wangara because one of our solar powered blinds wasn't working. Before she phoned we had decided that being so close to Christmas they would only come out after Christmas. The lady at ABC told her they were so busy, but she would see what she could do. We resigned ourselves to " an after Christmas service call"
Not long after my wife received a call from the technician to say he could come out that afternoon. Needless to say he did, blinds checked and fixed with a pleasamt attitude.
So ABC, we are impressed. Thank you.

Very impressed with our new outdoor blinds The guys that fitted them were excellent very professiona

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

Extremely satisfied a great team Five Star service very professional worked well as a team. Would recommend them to everyone.

They want time they completed the job it looks really well and it's always a

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

The store was easy to navigate I had no issues regarding your product the staff was very helpful
The installers were very professional and very tidy in your workmanship I would recommend them to any of my friends who may wish to have blinds installed on your patio area.

Excellent Price/Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I recently had shutter blinds installed in my home by ABC Blinds. Not only was the price considerably lower than other well known companies, the quote process was prompt, pleasant & meticulous and the actual installation, done by Mark Noble, was so efficient and professional! He had them in place in a very short time, no mess - even had a small vacuum which he zapped around for any little bits of debris! - took away all the packaging & made such a perfect job of it! Nothing was too much trouble and again, such a pleasant tradesman! The shutters look amazing & people that have visited here since they were put in, have noticed and remarked on how great they look and what a difference they make to the rooms! If anyone is considering getting shutter blinds installed, i fully recommend ABC Blinds and their tradespeople to do a fantastic job and for the best price!

Happy happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

Both gents (Jean) who installed the awning were very professional, polite and respectful. I am very pleased with the result as it looks wonderful and gives me ample shade from the sun.

outdoor blinds & fill in flashings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

van installed blinds very well was very helpful in solving problems we had with different angles & levels but production problems & several days of management & admin bad communication we ended up with our fill in flashings arrive in 2 pieces instead of 1 which then became a problem to install. van went out of his way to come back following day to improve outcome. we still have problem with 1 blind with winder on outside where level drops considerably & we cannot reach winder apparently we have the longest there is.

Professional service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Van from ABC blinds did a really good job.
Nice friendly individual who was meticulous with the finish of a great product.

1 of 25 pages

Which bar fridge is the best?

Leticia. P asked on Nov 06, 2018

Answer this

Hi Leticia sorry we can't help you, we don't sell bar fridges :)

Hi ABC Blinds, I have a rental property and neededing blinds for the sliding doors and was asking if there is anything better than the verticle blinds on the market as I don't feel they are a great durable, functional and weather friendly product. Thanks Kevin

Kevin asked on May 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kevin, I have recently had vertisheers installed on the sliding door from the meals to patio. This door has the highest use in the home. After having verticals and a split timber venition on this door in the past. I will now only recommend Vertisheers with a wand this is the BEST option.
These are the main reasons for the Vertisheer recommendation:
. No chains or chordes;
. Can be open and still private;
. A good blockout when closed;
. A window can be open and the Vertisheers still provide privacy and air circulation with the blinds partly or fully open; and
. The Vertisheers are so easy to open, close and slide along with the wand.
As you will be installing them in a rental from my personal experience having cleaners etc operate the blinds in the past. There was frequent breakage due to misunderstanding how to operate the cords and chains.
I hope my recommendation has been helpful.

Hi Kevin,

There are a few options for sliding doors. The vertisheers are great as recommended by the customer above and further information and images on this product is on our blog here (https://www.abcblinds.com.au/blog/new-vertisheer-blinds-are-great-for-sliding-doors). Alternatively, if you are after a less expensive option you could look at Panel Blinds or Roller blinds in a durable fabric for your rental property. (https://www.abcblinds.com.au/blog/the-best-fabric-blinds-for-sliding-doors). Hope this helps, feel free to give us a call if you would like a sales rep to come out and visit your rental property for some advice.

Thanks for the tips. I'll look into the different options.
Cheers

Hello. I submitted a review for ABC Blinds late last year and included a scanned copy of the quote that I received from ABC Blinds. Are you able to email the scanned copy to me? I have lost the original and can't locate the scanned copy. My email address is: [name removed]. Many thanks for your trouble. Best Wishes, Anne Gibson

Anne asked on Mar 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Anne, happy to send through a copy of your quote, can you please email (taniab@abcblinds.com.au) or call me (08 9309 7712) with some further information i.e. property address. Many thanks Tania

See all 6 questions about ABC Blinds and Awnings