Date Purchased: May 2005

The Night before Christmas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Well not exactly but just filled up the Bushman to the brim with freshly portioned Raw & Fresh mince from East Coast Dogs for my "Fur Baby" because we are heading up North on the night of the 24th December and won't be back for about 3 weeks! Turn it on and it don't sound right! A quick search and call to Bushman in Melbourne and they talked me through removing the 5 S/S screws and sure enough totally corroded from the old batteries! They have promised to pop a new circuit board into the express post and we are hoping we get it by Friday. Just wanted to say thanks for answering the phone after 5pm and helping over the phone!

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 1997

20 years old

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Just had a new panel sent to me and I put it in first bit off work done on it in 20 years, the service the best, part Sent over night, works great and service on the phone all so to the point and very helpful, again thanks Brett

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2012

Great investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2017

I absolutely love this fridge. Mine is about 5 years old now. The versality of the various size combinations using the included collars and lids is great, no collar and flat lid if you need space in the back of the car or colllars and high lid if you need more space in the fridge. Tough and easy to get at, the basket options inside are also very flexible. Recently I had a problem with the on/off switch getting a bit dodgy. I called the company to ask if I could just buy a new control unit with switches as I knew it was out of warranty. No questions the guy just said that shouldn’t have failed what’s your address I will send you a new one no charge. It arrived a couple of days later with clear instructions and I swapped it out in 5 minutes with zero technical skills. All working perfectly again. Great customer service and they deserve their reputation for standing behind their products.

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2007

Very versatile low power consumption

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

I have had this fridge for over 10 years I mainly use it as a fridge rather than the freezer which is quite capable of doing. I set the temperature at 2° which means it turns on at 4° Off at 0°. So my drinks are really cold and fresh things such as salad products I put in the baskets above. Over the 10 years I have had a couple of issues. When I called Bushman there was no issue at all the support and backup and guidance everything was back on track.

Date Purchased: Aug 2007

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Needed a part for my older bushman fridge spoke with Gary he didnt have what i wanted but took details, when an older fridge came in he rang and said he had the parts i required and sent them to me no charge for the parts or postage great service and i will buy a new fridge from him when i require a new one

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Bought our Bushman last Christmas and has not missed a beat since then.
Somehow I managed to lose the red spacer that is used on the 12v plug for the cigarette lighter connection. (Still worked but 'loose')

An email enquiry to Paul resulted in a complimentary spacer being shipped and in my hand in 2 days. Couldn't do better than that.
Well done to the Bushman team

Date Purchased: Jan 2005

Great fridge. Exceptional customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Our 35-52 is almost 13 years old its been around Australia along the gibb river road. Through the goldfields and every where in between. On our recent 2 week fishing trip up north we managed to crack the circuit board on really rough tracks. Up to this point never had a reason to complain about the fridge. Hell its 13 years old. Thought oh well new fridge. We got home the fridge still hanging on and working just. Gave Bushman a ring. On the off chance they could help. What manufacturer still makes circuit boards for fridges that old. Bushman does 2 days later new board arrives in the mail. As well as new seals and and rubber grommets. That they thought i might need since the fridge was old free of charge. So $88 later. My fridge is running smooth as. Thanks guys. Your service is second to none..

Date Purchased: Jan 2005

Had it for years and never had a problem. Value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I bought my bushman original over 10 years ago for camping and keeping the beers cold... never had an issue with it. I love how you can go from fridge to freezer and 35 lt to 59 lt in one unit. My fridge is only as noisy as every other brand, which isn't noisy in my opinion. Everything is still original and going strong .. lile a woman, a fridge will stick around as long as you treat it right! great aussie company with service to match. Cheers.

Date Purchased: Mar 2012

Buy one and you will regret it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

I have taken fridge on many a camping trip and use around home, out of all fridges I've owned the bushman causes the most headaches, cable supplied with unit is if extremely poor quality, handle broke off (fridge wasn't even full), constantly failing to start ( supply voltage is not the issue it's the unit itself, fridge is very loud when running compared to other fridges.

My money would have been better spent if I'd just brought bags of ice for my eski.

Do yourself a favour and buy an Engel Waco or arb fridge.

Comments
Bushman Portable Fridges Official

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Our apologies if you have experienced this with your fridge. Have you given us a call at head office in Research VIC? Please do. As this does not s... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2012

Problem Starting

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

This unit has been a continuing problem as it has not reliable. I have had a new temp/indicator board fitted with no improvement. Initially I had the light power cord which it was delivered with. I upgraded to the HD power cord without any appreciable difference. It appears as tho the startup current is excessive when on battery (new separate battery fitted) and the battery has been running the fridge for a few (4) hours. It tries to start a few times and then wont start even after the battery has received additional charge. I have lost faith in the unit as we only use it mainly during the winter season when travelling around WA. I am now seriously considering getting rid of it as it has not proved reliable. It is mounted in the back of a covered 4WD ute and used about 3-4 months a year during the Winter months.

Comments
Bushman Portable Fridges Official

Hi Edam, Our apologies for your experience to date. In the scenario you explain it sounds like the fridge is sensing a low current after it has been running on your battery for a few hours, so when... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jan 2007

Best fridge ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

10 years old been from 1 end of the country 2 the other on every rough road in temperatures varying from -8 to+45 still as good as the day I bought it can't recommend it highly enough lowest power use of any fridge I've had super reliable and great features

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2012

Best choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

We purchased this fridge about 5 years ago and we have put it thought all the extreme temperatures Australia has to offer and bad desert roads, dust etc with out it letting us down once. It lives up to its reputation with it been very economical with the power with great temperature control and built solid.Had an issue with a broken clip once and the customer service was great, received it in the mail the next day from Gosford dealer. Cant complain about that service.

Date Purchased: Mar 2002

Nothing but endless problems

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Bought to use as a Truck fridge, had to send back 3 times for repairs, after 4th failure with it, turfed it out & went & purchased a good old reliable Engal in which I never had 1 issue with at all, the bushman fridge was nothing but a problem from the start

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bushman Portable Fridges Official

Hi S.R, thanks for contributing. My apologies. If you are up to it, please call us at head office in Research, VIC. 03 9437 0737. We'd love to find out a bit more about your fridge and which servic... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 1997

One of the best things my wife and I have ever bought.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

We bought the original sc35 litre Bushman 20 + years ago and it has been faultless ! It has now been converted to the 52 litre with the extra baskets, which make it even better.
Now many people could say say they have had a 12 volt fridge for 20 plus years, but few could say that it has been used nearly full time in that 20 years , as it lives permanently in what ever 4x4 we have owned and runs at least 60% of the time. I have had it up in the Territory at work for me, has been left in the rain for days, have seen it tumble across a boat deck in bad seas for an hour until it could be retreived, and drowned. In salt water.
Washed it off 2 weeks later and away it went.
As you can tell I'm a bit of a fan and have had experience with other brands which were ok! But use more power and never as reliable in the tropics.
Just bought a second one to run as a freezer, so that speaks for itself.
Would love to leave my phone Number but this site doesn't allow it.
Just buy one!!

Date Purchased: Nov 2004

A great fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

we have owned our Bushman for about 13 to 14 years. it has lived in the back of our Rodeo nearly all that time, we had an issue with the mother board when in WA and saw the guy at the Perth 4x4 show about it, he took it home with him that night and we picked it up the next day. He replaced the mother board, which was about $65 he also replaced the cover and new lead as the old one was not a right angle one also replaced the handle as they weren't the current looking ones and this was at no charge to us. Great service from a great company. Since then it has not missed a beat I would replace it in a heart beat with a new one. It is also the quickest cooling fridge on the market and 4x4 Action rate it as the best fridge for its price

Date Purchased: Sep 2010

Go the Bushman

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

We've owned a Bushman for about 6 years and its the best 4wd camping investment we've made. Runs perfectly, uses very little power, very robust construction and the 3 basket design is great for separating frozen food from the rest. Would recommend this fridge to anyone. You get personal service from the company too. Very good.

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2013

service above and beyond..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

Resently had a problem with my bushman. After 3 years of almost constant use it lost it's get up and go. After a call to a few refrig repairers i was disillusioned, they all stated that it would be 5 to 6 weeks before they could even look at the fridge, one even required an $80.00 booking fee. I sent an email off to bushman that evening, within minutes i had a reply advising me to give Paul a call the next morning. A diagnosis is difficult over the phone ,but it was thought to be a voltage problem and a new mother board was despatched express post free of charge that day. Alas this didn't fix my problem. Another phone call to Paul, no problem , freight details were given and fridge was on it's way back to Bushman.The trip from Newcastle to Melbourne takes a couple of days but my fridge was repaired and back to me in just over a week. This kind of service is very rare in this day and age. Cannot praise the treatment i received enough.....from go to woo my issues were handled with true professionalism. Thank you Bushman.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 9 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2006

AMAZING QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Got my Bushman second hand. Called Bushman for parts, and a gentleman named Paul helped. He was AWESOME and I'm an old school bloke who hates bad service. After dealing with them, I will never buy from another small fridge manufacturer again. Top marks for product and service fellas!!!! I am in NO way affiliated with this company. TIM.. edit..... Received my parts today and yet again I am impressed. Not only with the quality of the products delivered...( seals, new computer, new feet, new flat lid and all three new baskets) My faith in people has been uplifted A LOT. So a big thank you to PAUL from Bushman and Big thanks to Bushman in general for making such a fair dinkum, bloody awesome Australian product!!!!!!
edit; 21 Nov 2017.... Been camping several times with it and when it's not camping it is my soft drink fridge in my shed running on solar and a battery. I would be devastated if something happened to my bushman, I love it to bits.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

the best 4x4 fridge freezer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I have no need to write a lot about the bushman fridge freezer as it is the best and being able to change size is very good design idea, love it.The amount of food and drink you put in it is great. I put a drop slide in my camper to make it all the easier it is perfect for my needs.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Feb 2001

Best Fridge ever made

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Mine is 16 years old and still going strong!!! What an amazing fridge freezer. I would replace it tomorrow. I have had no issues with the fridge. I have used it as both a fridge and frezzer and it had performed perfect. Even in the 48 degrees heat in the Simpson.

1 of 4 pages

I have a sc 35 bushman the aa battery in the control panel has gone bad and has leaked onto the printed circuit board is this panel available and how much I live in the hawkesbury area nsw is there a dealer in the hawkesbury?

Ray T asked on Dec 09, 2017

Answer this

Give Bushman a call they are very help full.

Ring bushmen they will send a new panel to you and it will fit right in where the old one was, no more battery's needed cost $ 88 plus postage hope this helps, Macca.

Hi Ray, Jeremy and Macca are onto it for you! About 5 years ago we moved over to control panels that do not need batteries. You can easily plug one of these newer control panels into your older fridge. Only $88 for the entire control panel assembly. Cheers. BUSHMAN.

I had my bushman fridge for 6 months been great but all of a sudden it won’t get cold. I have it set at -5 but it sits on 24 degrees and won’t get below 24. Any ideas?

Jesse asked on Dec 02, 2017

Answer this

Call the company head office, they are brilliant and will get younsorted out faster than anyone else.

Hi Jesse , sounds like panel, under the panel there is a toggle switch it should be on the off, if it is off turn it to the on, this is a buy set switch then it should go, you have too undo the five self tappers on the side to do this, if this sounds to much problem to do take it back, to replace the panel hope this helps you, Macca

Hi Jesse, it reads like the Compressor isn’t running. could be a few things. Try running it on your 240V transformer and make sure the cig plug is pushed all the way in. Better again, give head office a quick call for some troubleshooting tips. Cheers.

Hi My Bushman is about 9 years old and works perfectly on 240 v but the compressor won’t kick in when plugged into the car or camper trailer, green light won’t come on and compressor silent, any advice appreciated. Leigh

Lethal asked on Nov 11, 2017

Answer this

Lethal, could be a couple of things. Give us a call at head office in Research, VIC on 03 9437 0737 and well talk you through a couple of tests you can do. Cheers, Tom. BUSHMAN.

See all 34 questions about Bushman Original SC35-52