Berry

• 1 question
Private message

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Chris Bell inspected the contents of our 3 bedroom rural property for a move from NW Tasmania to the South Coast of NSW. The quote was provided and accepted with the packing to be done by Bells on the 15th November 2017 and uplift on the 16th November. On the uplift, the Bell's employees were unable to fit all of the contents into the container which they had brought and it was arranged to collect the balance on the 18th November, the day that we were leaving our sold property and booked onto the Spirit of Tasmania. The slats and central support for our bed were left in the bedroom and separated from the bed with the bedhead, foot, side rails and mattress going on the truck on the first pickup.

The second load was collected on the 18th as arranged, however, all items weren't labelled because the workers had run out of labels. They reassured us that this would be rectified later in the day and that everything would be Ok when both loads would be amalgamated into one.

The Bells' semi trailer arrived at our destination in NSW on the 25th November, however, our second load hadn’t been included with the first. We were unable use our bed because the slats and supports were still in transit.

Chasing them up, advice was given that the missing second load was to be delivered on the 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, and finally 22 December but none of these deliveries eventuated. Information was given that our goods were apparently loaded onto the front of the truck and couldn't be delivered in time for the driver to meet his commitments back in Melbourne after travelling to various destinations in NSW and the Qld border.

The second load was finally left in a depot in Sydney and picked up by a contractor who arrived in a courier-type van from Sydney on the 27th December. This delivery was incomplete however, with cartons broken and missing and other items still missing. We did receive the bed slats however, the central supports were missing and we were still unable to use our bed. Bells had lost part of the load (some of which was later found at their depot in Hobart) and the bed slats delivered to us had too many slats for the bed. We never did receive the central supports for the bed.

The whole situation became a farce costing us much time and expense in countless phone calls where “stories” were told, blame aimed us, and necessitating many emails to be sent by us attempting to get some follow up. This is not to mention our personal inconvenience and distress at the loss and damage to some of our (valuable to us) contents. Those items have never been found. By June 2018 we were given a small sum of money in recompense, however, this did not come anywhere near covering our losses and this settlement was only reached after much effort on our part just to get rid of the stress and worry.

I would not recommend this company at all. Take care.

Do yourself a favour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

As veteran relocators, we could not have been happier with the service that we received on uplift, and equally as pleased with the delivery team. They were extremely efficient, very careful with all our goods, and also very polite and friendly. We have experienced many removalists in the past who were a nightmare to deal with (it is already a stressful event for the customer), but we can say that this team made the move as stress-free as possible. This is not the first time that we have moved with Bells and have highly recommended you to others already.

Verified Customer

Couldn’t have been a better experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

We couldn’t have been happier with our experience using Bells Removals. We were moving a 2 bedroom house into a new house, 24kms away.
The online quote form and inventory listing was easy to use. Other removal firms just provide a spreadsheet to fill in and email back, whereas Bells have an online form (JavaScript) with a fairly intuitive user interface, so you just click to add/remove items to each room in the form.

Someone then got back to me within 24hrs with more information and to organise an in-home assessment which was booked for 2 days later and all confirmed by email quickly. The in-home assessment was done quickly and professionally and the gentleman (who owns the company) was excellent.

The blokes who moved us on the day were awesome; precisely on time, very polite, careful with our stuff, organised and so fast! They had trouble with our steep driveway initially, but dealt with the situation calmly and without fuss, solving the issue in no time. They called in another crew to assist and the house was empty in less than an hour of actual moving.

The truck arrived at our new place and before we knew it, they’d unloaded everything and were done. They didn’t stop moving from the time they arrived to when they left.

Not only was the experience faultless, the price we paid for the service was much better than two other quotes we got from the big moving firms. Couldn’t recommend Bells more highly. Thanks so much

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I used Bells to move a piano. Everything happened when they said it would and more importantly the removalists were friendly and helpful. Rhonda

Untrustworthy Cowboys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

We moved our furniture from NSW to Tasmania. When we received our furniture at the other end, we found that they had damaged our bikes (pulled the break and gear wires) dented our fridge and washing machine. punched holes on our couches and left scuff marks and dents on our chars and tables. They also snapped the lid off our bin. Despite the fact that the people who delivered the furniture witnessed the damaged they refused to even apologise when we complained to the company and they denied it all. They even said the furniture was in the exact condition it was when uplifted, which is rubbish.
We chose them because they were cheaper than others however, it is clear there was a reason for it.

Why choose anyone else?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

I work on the rule “If it ain’t broke, why fix it “. This sums up my experience I have had with Bells Removals every time I have needed their services. Friendly, polite, punctual, thoughtful and careful regardless of whether they are packing and moving a priceless antique or an old garden table. I wondered if the service would still be so “stress free “ when I found that Linley had retired, but Chris (son) has filled his shoes perfectly. Thank you - a very satisfied customer

Fantiastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

Using Bells to co-ordinate a delivery for our customer from Melbourne to Tasmania was very easy, great communication from the team with a price that was unbeatable. Small move with only 1 KSS mattress and Bedframe.

Thanks again from the Bevmarks Nunawading Team.

Reliable and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I have used Chris Bell Removals for previous interstate and local moves. This time around we required storage prior to moving into our new home. Every move has gone without a hitch. This time around, Chris was spot on with the estimate of household goods to be stored and moved. The removalists certainly know their business. Nothing was too hard or a problem. Pick up and delivery was incredibly well organised and our household goods arrived safely.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

My partner and our two kids used Bells removal to relocate from Hobart to Brisbane. We took everything in our house with us so it was a big move. Pick up was as arranged as was delivery, and everything arrived in undamaged and in full. Easy, stress free, efficient and friendly service!!

Very efficient service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Moved a 2 bedroom house with so many boxed items to furnitures and appliances. It's our first time to hire a removalist and glad I choose Bells out of all the other companies I have inquired! The staff responds very fast to all of my inquiries whether by email of over the phone. All our things came to Tasmania without any damages in such a short wait! We had our things collected on the 6th of July and was delivered on the 13th! Just 7days! Amazing! Thanks Bells! And please, extend our thanks most especially to Mark who collected and delivered our things for handling everything smoothly!

Sydney to Hobart

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Bells Removals coordinated my Sydney to Hobart move totally stress free. Although I had concerns re the 2nd floor apartment with no lift being a stumbling block for any removalist team I was SO wrong. The 3 man team worked in harmony with themselves and with me. From the 1st call I made to Bells all my questions were reassuringly dealt with professionally. They are holding my posessions in storage until my new home is completed, affording me peace of mind. Moving is on the lower end of any fun to do list but my move was made as pleasant as any move could be, by the great staff in the office to the well oiled team on the day. Thank you Bells.

Bell's Removals Great Service and Great People

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

We recently had the pleasure in using Bell's Removals for our move from the Central Coast in NSW to Old Beach Hobart.TAS. The truck arrived early and the guys were straight into it, working very hard through out the day. It ended up being quite a big move including many boxes a piano and lots of furniture. Everything was packed really skillfully and well for the trip to Tasmania. Upon arrival at Old Beach the guys were again very polite and professional in their work. They were unloaded before we knew it and where able to put everything where we wanted it. Not one item was damaged during move and we were all really wrapped with how easy the whole process was made by the people at Bell's Removals including the hard working guys on the trucks to the friendly staff in the office. Thank you very much
Andrew and Kim

You can trust Bell's Removals for service & reliability

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Bell's removals, organised my removal for two houses, interstate, in one move. they were approachable, reliable and on time for the removal and the staff were friendly and responsive. Everything went without a hitch.

Exactly what was needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

The Bells Removals team did a fantastic job. The whole process was straightforward, from getting a quote to having everything moved and set up. Everyone involved was professional and supportive, and the delivery was completed without incident. We would certainly use Bells again.

Move to happiness

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Bells moved our 2 separate unit contents from Sydney on the appointed days and delivered them to our new home in Tasmania on the promised date. Can't thank them enough, from the office staff to the onsite manager, who directed our packing and also the delivery. Bells also assisted in transporting our pets efficiently, safely and stress free to their new home. Amazing move that helped us settle into our new home. Thank to all.

Consumate Professionals

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

I came to Bell's in a last minute panic having had another company suddenly renege on the delivery date we had agreed on. Bells were able to help me out immediately and offered a much better turn around time. Everyone that I dealt with was friendly, helpful and professional. I wasn't able to be present for the unpack but was able to send a floorplan indicating where the larger items should be placed which was fantastic. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Verified Customer

Efficient and friendly every step of the way.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

Recently we needed a removalist to move my in-laws possessions from their 3 bedroom house into storage while they are away on a long term overseas trip. From booking the quote to closing the container up on the day of collection the team at Bell's were efficient, on-time, responsive and helpful.

TAKING THE STRESS OUT OF MOVING

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Our move with Bells Removals back to Qld from Tasmania went very smoothly compared to our original move down to Tasmania a few years ago with another company. The packing on the day on uplift was very professional and their agents in Qld delivered our goods under difficult weather conditions. From my first phone inquiry to get a quote to the delivery, all went extremely well. Would happily recommend Bells for any size move.

Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

Bells rescued me when another company failed with my interstate move. They were professional friendly and accommodating. I have used them recently for a small move, and the service again flawless, friendly on time and helpful.
Sharon

Best. Movers. Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I had 3 full shipping containers to move from a 5 bedroom house in Sandy Bay to a 3 bedroom house in West Hobart with one week's delay between uplift and delivery. The team arrived on time and with smiles on their faces. They were efficient, friendly and helpful and made a stressful time a bit more fun. Delivery was on time and their advice to delay the delivery of the last container to give me time to create more space was practical and realistic. I will certainly use Bells again and have been recommending them to anyone I come across who needs such a service. Bells is now my go to moving company - although I hope I don't need to move again for a long, long, long time!
Sarah