Narangba

lose weight at a cost

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I was at wits end with my weight and decided on Cohen's eating plan. My goal was set at 50kg over 6 months. I managed 45 but was told I didn't achieve the goal so would no longer be supported unless I paid more. However a regular colonoscopy showed the results of a diet severely lacking in fibre with my coleorectal surgeon aghast that an eating plan like this exists. Within three years i put back on all the weight plus an additional ten kg. One really needs to get their gp to sign off on this as Dr Cohen made no direct contact with me over the time frame to discuss the lack of fibre. My only contact was with front end staff who lacked support and understanding.

The program works remarkably well! Staff vary in supportiveness

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

The program is effective if followed 100% and is life changing. My health has improved tremendously. But it requires a complete commitment to a lifestyle change. Also it is very easy to put the weight back on and the body becomes very sensitive to food which isn't part of the program.

Ideal weight success

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Followed the plan easily, had to be inventive with the limited range of food but the results were well worth the effort. I had support to follow the plan, i.e meetings, on- line and the provided resources. I would recommend this diet to any one that has tried all the other diets without success- this one really works!

Verified Customer

Changes body, mind and health!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

I did not expect to be this much more healthier and being able to wear beautiful clothes again. Following the program to the T was most important and easy. Cheating was not an option. Meal plan, online support and one on one support. Meetings and reminders of the important rules to stick with. Help when you feel lost.

Making food my medicine was the foundation to my new life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

From the free information session provided (where I went with a full A4 page of questions, which were all answered) at the start I knew Cohens was for me. I had the right mind set, the motivation and now the support I had been longing for to help me see it through.
I found the program very easy to follow, and I love the organisation of the meals. With food plans provided and a well written, easy to read handbook to guide me through I was able to work things out for myself however when I did have a question I knew my support person was only an email away and she always seemed to know what to say or have the right inspirational quote attached to the end of her reply email. All of this together with my own will power saw me lose over 50KG in 10 months! Thank you Cohens for being my rock and part of my journey.

A Proven Winner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

My expectations were achieved, which is shown in the results I got. The weight loss has been steady and done healthily, after 12 weeks I have reached my goal weight plus a little more. I did my plan via online support as I am in a state that does not have a clinic. I found it very supportive, helpful and friendly. Thank you for helping me achieve my dream.

Best consultant ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

My results have blown my mind! Linda has been there for me all the way and kept me on the straight path since day one! I am absolutely loving the experience with this program

Perth

Excellent Program

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

I had previously done the Cohens Lifestyle plan and thought I would really battle being older but with all the meal plans and guidelines and an excellent support consultant, I have finally reached my goal once again. A great way to lose weight and maintain it

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

This is a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

'Dr Cohen' lives overseas
There is no actual office - Chatswood
There is no scientific diet based on individual blood tests
Of course it will work, so will any other very strict diet
The 'great reviews' are perhaps from the staff themselves

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Great results, very helpful staff, extremely happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I lost my weight quickly (I,m back in my old clothes), the program was easy to follow, you just have to stick to it 100%, very helpful staff, and it was well worth it :)

Geelong

Private message

I feel like a new woman!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

My expectations were to lose weight rapidly and my observed results were exactly that!
The program requires strict attention however if you are prepared and read the program properly before commencing it is easy to follow and once you get into the routine of it it gets easier and easier. It is difficult in the first few days to follow the diet as your body is detoxing and therefore you feel hungry however after this it is easy to follow as you don't experience hunger in between meals. I found eating the same sort of food boring after a few months and craved different tastes however the recipe book provides some good recipes that help you mix it up a little bit. My support person got me through these moments by telling me that it was not that I could never have those foods it was just that I couldn't have them now, which helped me to work through those cravings.
I was offered to attend the clinic for a face to face appointment however due to my geographic location as well as being home with my young daughter I decided it was easier to have skype sessions. As soon as I signed up I was sent my program via express post and had a skype session scheduled to go through the program. I had monthly skype sessions with my support person which were always so helpful and I was also offered support via email or I could call if I was struggling. If I sent an email with a question or needing support my emails were replied to within the same day and pretty much within the hour. My support person was so great, so understanding and supportive which helped me to achieve my weight loss.
I would recommend this program to anyone who has a lot of weight to lose and would like to see results quickly!
Cohen's is exceptional, it worked for me and I would recommend it to anyone! It definitely does require discipline however if you can stick to the program 100% then it is definitely worth it and I am so glad that I made the decision to join. It may seem like a lot of money up front however if I calculate all the money I have spent over the years with gym memberships, other diets etc then I would have spent far more than Cohen's cost!

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

You don't need this weight loss program.. 'you will lose weight if you want to '.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

I heard about this program and three years later, as a last resort, I did contact the Cohen's Weight Loss Centre and spoke to [name removed]. I was on holidays at this time and was able to meet with [name removed] the next morning.

Before meeting [name removed], I had read the on-line reviews and thought CWLC could help me, I have struggled with weight loss for many years. [name removed] showed me a picture of herself before the CWLC program and told me ' you will lose weight if you want to', I thought this comment should be followed with ''with our help'. I signed up and paid in full, I thought this was very expensive, and for me it was a ' last resort 'in terms of paying good money for such programs. I do not suggest you pay in full if you are considering signing up as you will see what it is all about and [name removed] will have no reason to call you.

I took the first blood test and a few days later I received an email from [name removed] saying that the result came in and I am permitted to start the program. Being back at work, I was only available on Tuesdays, Friday afternoons and weekends. [name removed] would not make herself available to see me and insisted on sending the program information in the mail and she made quite a fuss for waiving the postage charges (showing $3.30 on the envelope), when I felt it was essential to the success of the program to meet with her to discuss any queries. The envelope included 6 months blood test results and a very old fashioned cook booklet and a welcome package.

I delayed the start date twice due to illness, and [name removed] told me she was not going to restart the program for the second time, it had started. At no stage did she ask me if I was ok and ready to start. I wrote to [name removed] saying that I feel I had made a mistake, in that it appears I have simply paid for a diet cook booklet and I am now on my own, (and I haven't forgotten her comment : 'I'll lose weight if I want to' which now I understand - it is only up to myself without her help). The emails I feel are not personalized and I had the understanding the meal plans were based on the results of blood tests, but in fact, the blood tests are for electrolytes and it appears the meal plan is 'one for all'.

This is a six month program and 3 weeks before the end [name removed] sent me an email asking for the first time 'what was my weight?' I replied telling her my weight to which she replied 'you have put on weight'. I replied that this program was of no help to me, as I told her in the beginning (I just paid for a booklet and there was no interaction, just reminders to have blood tests). I think you would have more interaction with someone from Light & Easy than I did from [name removed]. I told her I was going on an overseas holidays and that I would be back on the 6th June to which she called and left a message saying I could call her back if I wished to. I didn't see the point. I have not spoken to [name removed] since that first day.

I thought about the reviews I read before I started this program, and wonder about those reviews that say ' The best Diet Ever ' etc. because anyone can find a diet program on the internet or in a diet cookbook, perhaps the payment was the motivation to complete the program, but I was not motivated by money, I actually needed help.

I am happy to remove this review if I receive a refund, as there was absolutely no assistance and I will return the booklet, further, when making an appointment, you turn up at an address to an office in Chatswood that has multiple businesses and I think CWLC rents a room when there is an appointment, which is perhaps why she refused to make it possible for me to meet with her the second time.I was ripped off, and since posting this review which I am grateful for this site allowing me to do, I noticed a few bad reviews and one which raises the point of bogus positive reviews posted, and I think this is a possibility. I expect they will change the business name soon, perhaps it is just one person, no such doctors etc..running this. So, if you are still considering starting this program, I recommend you should only sign if you know someone who has actually done this program to success, or try finding a weight loss diet on the internet / or another source.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

Achievable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

The program was easy to follow, with foods available at normal Supermarkets. Support throughout was good,with monthly meetings and online follow ups available. I achieved my goal weight. I would recommend it to anyone with a bit of patience.

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Basic lab test made out to be comprehensive. No support when needed, just condescending emails from my support person. Did this waste of money diet years ago and don't recommend it to anyone.

Melbourne

Feeling fabulous!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

The program was easy to follow and the support and honestly I have received from the Melbourne ladies has been great.
Follow the program get results its pretty simple. The food is clean and easy to prepare I also found drinking the water is critical.
I'm looking forward to doing my refeed and really believe I can keep my weight off. I feel great and so happy I have done it.

The best diet plan ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I still can't believe that I reached my lower goal weight in less then 4 months,
I lost 27 kilos.
The plan is very clear and easy to follow, I loved planning ahead for the following week.
Linda was a great support and inspiration and made the process much easier.
I will definitely recommend Cohen's diet plan to my friends.

Awesome program

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Awesome program , very easy to follow with great results ! Would recommend this to any one ready to loose there weight ! Great food to choose from and very easy to prepare !

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

It worked but it came back.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I did the diet a few years ago it was easy to follow and I didn't feel hungry. I feed my husband the same food just double the amount and he also lost weight. We did drop around 25kg each.
I had friends in it as well and strangely there diet was exactly the same as mine even though we were different sizes and ages. Out of the five of us that did it we all lost big numbers but every single one of us put all the weight back in after we reached our goal weigh in relative short periods of time. I honestly believe we didn't go crazy with food after we stoped the program. Plus side it did give us a idea of portion control.

Private message

Don't be critical until you try it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

The cohens program is hormone and insulin driven program. The facts above are not entirely correct and whilst I paid $600 for the program and then approximately $200 for the total blood tests (4 weeks, 8 weeks, then at 12 weeks etc) then after u reach your goal weight u r then introducing other foods back into your diet. I actually spent less money on food because I knew what I was eating through planning and you eat considerably less and much more healthy food. It is tough. I will admit it was hard but so so worth it. I have lost 35 kilos and kept it off. Never felt so good and all my aching joints no longer ache. I don't eat as much much as before and feel great.
It's not for everyone but I won't have people knocking it unless u have tried it.

• 6 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Okay, I'm a genuine reviewer (mostly on TripAdvisor but a few times on here) and I know a bogus review when I see one.

Of the 90 'excellent' reviews for the Cohen Weight Loss program, around 85 of them are first time reviewers. Isn't it funny that even the 'good' reviews are also written by first time reviewers ... I smell a rat.

Hmmmm. I wonder why that might be?

Could it be that staff and associates are in fact posting fake positive reviews to bump up the star rating here on Product Review to counter the damning 'terrible' reviews?

Now for my review.

I was curious about this Cohen weight loss program and called them recently.

It became quickly apparent to me during this phone call that it was a slick sell operation that pushed information sessions (which make selling easier), gave vague details and then there are the non-Medicare funded blood tests which you are required to do at various stages throughout 'the program'. You are literally BLED by each round of non-claimable blood tests at $150. Apparently you need atleast 3-4 of these.

So the diet plan is around $900, the blood tests will cost you atleast $450-600 or more and you provide all your own food. So basically, you're given a portion controlled eating plan and they claim it is based on your blood tests.

Listen everyone, I have lost 30kgs over the past couple of years through sensible diet, eliminating wheat and a lot of gluten products, reducing dairy, portion control and exercise. This program and others like it is a scam that preys on vulnerable people who don't have the knowledge to do what I did.

Please don't hand over $1500 to this nonsense. Invest that money in good runners for long walks, pilates classes, fresh food, some books to educate yourself (I strongly recommend the Dr. Michael Moseley books such as The Blood Sugar Diet) and perhaps a gym membership to help motivate you on those cold or extra hot days.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes