Please note that Rent My Estate have rebranded to Cubbi as of August 2015.

Not reliable

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

Not reliable in terms of payments, often late direct debits, sometimes early. Website is quite poor, very few capabilities in ongoing administration of renting once initial and infrequent arrangements are made such as initial lease commencement.

Darwin

• 2 helpful votes

Extremely slow website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Few times trying to browse their website and I found extremely slow. Not sure what is going on with their system.

Comments
Cubbi Official

Sorry to hear that Matt. I'm just going to private message you now to find our more details. Thanks for the heads up!

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Fantastic alternative to conventional real estate agents

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

After many dealings with lacklustre real estate agents, thought I would try Cubbi. I am very pleased I did to find new tenants for our high end inner city free standing house. The online process to upload photos and floor plan was very easy. Online support was excellent and even helped with a silly error I made on the weekend. The house was only on the market for 4 days and we got 5 quality applications and a resultant long term corporate lease.

Comments
Cubbi Official

Thanks for the great review Matt!

Geelong

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

After finding a new place in the city, we rented out our old family house. Since it was our first time to do this, we though getting the services of a professional was the best way to go. We never regretted this decision since Cubbi made the entire experience as smooth as possible.

If you want to rent, then use Cubbi.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

This is probably my fourth time using Cubbi to rent and each time it has worked a treat. Excellent service.

Verified Customer

Excellent service, simple to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Cubbi was easy to access and we have our second set of tenants through the agency. It made getting our message out there very simple and had maximum coverage. My only issue was a technical one with photo storage in the Library. Accessing photos was difficult on two occasions and hopefully will be remedied soon. Response time was quick with issues and we will use Cubbi again.

It's so easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

The Cubbi team are always really helpful. Great interaction for those of us that need it

Comments
Cubbi Official

Thanks Slyv

2nd rental through Cubbi and couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

Re listing was a breeze just republish the add from last time no additional expense. The system managed the onboarding of my tenant perfectly, including the new online lease management and execution process. It literally took me only 20 mins to finalise. Then it was over to the tenant. The lease payment system works very well, with rent automatically being deducted from the tenants bank account. When the lease for my last tenant ended, you just enter the vacate date and the rental deductions are calculated accordingly. The system manages the interaction with prospective tenants automatically, if someone requests your phone number it automatically texts you to let you know. It also does the same when someone lodges and email enquiry for the first time. So you instantly know when there is interest in your property.

Tax time is a breeze simply set the dates and generate your full financial report in a a detailed cashflow statement. The system automatically logs your rental revenue you jaunt have to log any expenses as thy occur and your are set.
The online help chat tool is very effective. I have been working with the same person online and over the phone wehen required for over a year now and her service has been great. Thy also have lots of great material at your fingertips around the whole process of renting your property. In summary it is more efficient than

In summary I highly recommend It, it is way cheaper than an agent and allows you to better vet your tenants. An agent is generally not that interested in the quality of a tenant (no matter what they say) just getting someone in quickly to keep the commission rolling in. i managed to effectively vet out the questionable tenants through the process.

Comments
Cubbi Official

I think your review will really help landlords get a better understanding about Cubbi. Thanks Andrew.

• 5 helpful votes

Warning : Don't Expect To See Your Rental Income

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Absolutely hopeless. Managed to stuff up every aspect of signing the tenant, then the tenant moved in and they didn't even take money from the tenants and then told the tenant everything was fine they didn't owe any money. One disaster after another, the call centre is in the Philippines, difficult to get them to reply. I have made several attempts to talk to [name removed] (supposedly the owner) never ever been contacted back by him. Perhaps he is in the Philippines too.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cubbi Official

Sorry to hear Chris. There was an incorrect lease start date in Cubbi and therefore rent was not deducted because according to Cubbi the tenants were paid upto date :( We should have picked tha... read more »

First Time Lessor - Ad Creation-Editing-Tenant Found-Easily Achieved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

As a first time lessor,I was a little concerned about the process having always used agents.I found Cubbi easy to use and if I had any issues or needed further information it was instant even on the weekend.Ad writing is easy given Cubbi's tips as you go.I found a good tenant within four weeks without dropping my original advertised rent which in the current tight Brisbane rental market is excellent.
Thanks Cubbi

Comments
Cubbi Official

Thanks for the great review! We have recently updated our help content when listing a property for rent so we are very glad you hear you found it useful!
You can also thank Abie for the weekend support. She is a gem.

Great Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

Great service. The overall platform is easy to navigate and use. Messaging system is a bit slow though.
Definitely recommend the overall service to people.

Comments
Cubbi Official

We agree! Our old messaging system is horrible :) We have recently launched our new platform (Cubbi 2.0 we call it internally) which removes the old clunky messaging system. Everything is brand n... read more »

Verified Customer

Very helpful and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

As a first timer landlord Cubbi was a massive help. Their guides helped me learn all I needed to do and the process of advertising and onboarding was a breeze.

The one issue I had was that their messaging system was a bit slow to load, but this wasn't enough of an issue for me not to give it 5 stars.

Great service, I highly recommend it.

Comments
Cubbi Official

Thanks Chris!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

I use Cubbi all the time when I am looking for tenants, I am very satisfied with their caring attitude and professionalism.

brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Cubbi is the future in property management

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

I use two separate agencies one is national, the other is a boutique agency, to manage separate complexes, paying all the fees they request, I was under the impression, which a lot of landlords are, that property managers have super powers, that could not be matched by the average landlord. Over the years of watching and observing that impression, has been altered a lot, I noticed that they were no match for my keen interest in my rentals. No disrespect, but common human nature; I care for my tenancies like nobody else can. When things got tough in my area economically, and vacancies were high I had to act, to save my properties. I watched some vacancies languishing for months; when I called the property managers I felt depressed and disheartened, same stock answers everybody in the same boat, no enquiries, everybody is struggling, stories of how many people losing jobs leaving town. I realized that the morning ritual for some of the managers was to call acquaintances in other offices and compare the number of vacancies they were each carrying and console each other that they were not doing too bad compared to some. That was cold comfort to me, I had mortgages to feed, my banks were less understanding, and my passing on to them the stories that were given to me by my property managers, was sure to end in foreclosure. I had to do something, I knew that agencies were not feeling the pain like me, or other landlords, or had the same motivation. My biggest hurdle was access to advertising sites, I knew I would take better pictures, write better description, would constantly refine, ready 24/7 for any enquiries and hustle, like nobody could. Cubbi was my solution," necessity is the mother of all invention"; I was finding tenants and sending them to be signed up to the relevant managers, I did this many times to fill vacancies that were sitting, and alleviate some pain, I did not have the confidence to fully take over as yet, you would have thought my actions would have prompted some interest in what I was doing to fill vacancies that they could not. Not so, I was rocking the boat and setting standards that required too much effort, eg simple practices that are a required knowledge, one would think for taking pictures, like using the light to take a half decent pic. Long story short with Cubbi's support I am finally taking over and managing my properties like nobody can. I have seen Cubbi grow and improve over time I have spoken to Michael a few times and feel his passion to create an alternate platform that can free me of the old constrains and support me in managing my properties like nobody else can.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

An easy and convenient way to advertise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Great experience with Cubbi, I would use it again and recommend it. The best option for a private landlord, I live on site so this was perfect for me. I didn't need all the services, so the flexibility was awesome.

East to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

We have been using Cubbi for a few years and have been happy with being able to advertise our property through them in an efficient & cost effective way. Any queries I've had along the way have been promptly answered.

Cubbi is amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Excellent service will always use Cubbi best option for private landlord. The price is right,
Huge exposure on Domain and Realestate .com.au
Plenty of applications immediately after posting
Thank you Cubbi.

Easy and hassle free advertising methods!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Leased out our property in 2 weeks!
Received excellent support from Cubbi staffs, they're very efficient and helpful. Especially, i liked how the system works which i had full control of managing my Ads anytime i want. Certainly, i will use Cubbi service again in the future!

Verified Customer

Great service, everything made easy and prompt communication.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

I have been really happy with Cubbi. The ladies who help with the emails and instant chat were always so helpful and easy to communicate with. It seems like they are in Australia too, which assisted with communication. Loved how easy it was to set up the lease agreement. We got tenants after 1 viewing, which was amazing in the current Perth market. The price is very reasonable.

Perfect and Savings

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Cubbi provided a new way of managing my rental property which didn’t require me to pay high fees for an agent or do it all myself. They supported me right through the process from low-cost advertising across all the major websites, to creating the lease and lodging the bond. They got all the rent payments set up (which they look after so I don’t have to think about it) and I’ve got an online account where I can manage all the aspects of my tenancy such as maintenance requests and logging expenses. If I have any questions or problems, there’s always a real person on hand to help me.

1 of 12 pages

Hello - this is in relation to selling a property on Cubbi. Do you have any testimonials from vendors? Also I’ve looked up Costs for potentially listing a property for advertising & its $4k+. Isn’t that rather high? Would love to hear from someone. Cheers Heather

Heather asked on Feb 06, 2018

Answer this

Hello Heather. Thanks for your question about selling a property. We do have testimonials from vendors who have used Cubbi in our reviews which you'll need to scroll through. They are few and far between because we don't do a lot of selling listings (it's always come secondary to our main business which is on the renting side). I'm not sure of your suburb but ~$4k is on the high side, you must be in a very competitive location. All our For Sale listings are Premium (the best you can get on realestate.com.au) with international exposure and off-line advertising hence the price tag. Many of the for sale by owner website competitors have standard ads that you could choose at a much lower price tag if you wanted something basic. Hope this helps! Thanks again for your question.

Hi Cubbi Can I list, Office Space in West End Brisbane... 40sm? regards Trish

good asked on Feb 02, 2018

Answer this

Hello Trish. In terms of advertising commercial property through Cubbi it's not really possible. The only situation were you might is if you were potentially going to offer a residential lease. The other major problem is we don't advertise in the commercial section (of realestate.com.au - realcommercial.com.au) therefore I'm not confident you'll attract the tenants you need to.

Hi I would like to know if your service works for regional properties in Victoria? We currently have the houses managed by a Real Estate Agent an hour away from the property.

Sue asked on Jan 29, 2018

Answer this

Hi, I think your question should be directed to Cubbi- not me as a user of Cubbi. I noticed Cubbi have reviews on their website for interstate properties