Review rating:

pearcedale

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Enviroswim EC3 best water quality system available

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Prior to installing our pool we researched the type of sanitiser thoroughly primarily on the basis of the type which would deliver the most pleasant swimming .Having sensitive skin which is a family trait we were very keen to avoid the possibility of reaction to chlorine and salt chlorine .We were very pleasantly surprised to find the Enviroswim system and to read the supportive scientific testing data available .. I contacted the company to clarify a couple of questions as the local pool shops didn't seem to have much of an idea as to how good the system might be and was really impressed by the response .
Eighteen months on the water balance has been incredibly easy to maintain with little effort .It really is a low cost low maintenance system which has no obvious drawbacks . The company offered great support upon instillation and have provided an excellent resource bank if any questions arise .
frogs are regularly swimming in the pool which is testament to the water quality obtainable and what a great feeling it is to be able to keep your eyes open under water without them burning
Rob and Annette Pearcedale Victoria

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Best Pool sanitation system on the market & Equally as good after sales service! 5 Star

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

We took some time to work out exactly what we wanted with our new in-ground concrete pool, As always the pre-purchase experience was great and gave thorough information and product knowledge, so we decided to buy our enviroswim system, after setting it up it took a couple of weeks to get it spot on and the level of after sales service from enviroswim was second to none! You will not be left in the lurch trying to figure it out. Our pool has been operational for 12 months now and is so easy to maintain. When you get out after a swim you feel refreshed with no chlorine smell. Even with our old Salt water pool you got that chemical smell.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love this product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

We have had our pool for 18 months now and love our environment.
Despite the criticisms from all our local pool shops or has been a dream product.
I never knew owning a pool could be so easy. We hardly ever have to add chemicals and the water is always sparkling clean.
We now just want one for our spa.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you Malcolm. We are currently working on a spa model which we hope to have to market mid 2018.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Great system for low maintenance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

When we researched our pool sanitising system we had to clear criteria - no chlorine and low maintenance. After 3 years we can say that the Enviroswim system has delivered. We also installed a Chemigem 10, which automtaically regulates high pH. It did take some time to get the system settings correct, and the various chemical readings consistent (ie pH, copper, TDS etc.), but I invested in a Palintest Kit (about $1k) and this did the trick. Whilst I still have the pool water tested at a pool shop every few months, the readings I'm getting are almost identical to the pool shop tests. The water is crystal clear with no smell/taste of any chemicals. The other thing I did learn is, if you need to add any chemicals (ie sodium bicarb, calcium chloride or salt) then do it over a couple of days. I found that this tends to help keep all readings stable for longer. All in all, we can highly recommend that Enviroswim system!

Purchased at: Narellan Pools

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Best and simpilest pool sanitation I have come across

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Water looks Crystal clear. changing from a salt water system to an Enviroswim ES3 system was the beat thing we ever did. The cost of running the pool have dropped dramatically and it is a pleasure to swim in fresh water, there is a bit of Maintenance, but a lot less than salt water systems. we Love it.
I don't use a pool cleaner, use manual cleaning only.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Date Purchased: Oct 2010

Fantastic low maintenance pool investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I have had one of these enviroswim units installed in my pool for 7 years and it has been brilliant. The unit once up and running requires very little maintenance, just normal water tests to keep an eye on things. Buy a decent home test kit, a bottle of acid and some buffer and you are good for a year or so without visiting a pool shop.

Swimming in the water is like taking a bath in spring water, it has no smell or taste, doesn’t sting sensitive eyes, and you never feel like you need to rinse off or wash your hair afterward.

I have had to contact support a couple of times when the unit blew a fuse during a storm and another time when a contact became loose, and they were excellent. I was able to speak directly to the local guys that build and test the units in the factory and was sorted in no time.

If this unit eventually dies I will definitely replace it with another one.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you, much appreciated.

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Very impressive advancement in technology...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

I purchased a house with an 40,000 L in-ground, pebble mix pool in 2015. It had been a rental for 5+ years. The pool consisted of a cartridge filter, an old salt chlorinator that had stopped working years ago, substituted with liquid chlorine dosed manually. While it was labour intensive, it had its benefits as I could keep track of the levels and avoid needing to use "shock treatment" in the event that I woke up to a cloudy pool after a fun Saturday; potentially quarantining the pool on Sunday?! However, the post swim pain and anguish associated with kids opening their eyes underwater in chlorine pools is an issue.

When the time came to upgrade I did my research like anyone else and a sand/glass filter was the obvious choice. Sanitiser - pool shops, pool service technicians, websites; everyone suggested salt - sodium or magnesium depending on your... well budget really. We've used family and friends salt pools, and while the post swim pain and anguish for the kids is somewhat reduced, it still occurs. The kids also want to shower after swimming in a salt pool - whether that's a hangover from the beach I'm not sure, but the dripping through the house and wasted water from showers isn't ideal.

Then my physio recommended Enviroswim. He had it installed in his pool ready for last summer, and it performed as per the specifications, and no sore eyes for the kids. So I researched it - pool shops, pool service technicians, websites; most of them talked it down saying it wasn't suitable for warmer temperatures etc. etc. So I asked some more technical questions (BSc in Environmental Chemistry comes in handy), and it was obvious that (I was going to say most, but it was all bar 2 or 3) didn't understand the technology. So they classify it as an ioniser so they could understand it. Those few that did understand it provided the following feedback:
1. Enviroswim is more labour intensive compared to salt.
2. Salt water pools are more forgiving (i.e., they perform better with no maintenance) compared to Enviroswim.
3. Its more expensive than a salt chlorination system.
The first 2 points go hand-in-hand obviously, and the 3rd point I had already worked out for myself.

So I touched base with the Enviroswim team in Nerang and they were very generous with their time explaining the conversion process, and the ongoing monitoring and maintenance requirements etc. At no point did they talk down any other sanitisation system, they prefer to spend their time educating people as to how Enviroswim deals with the nasties (i.e., viruses, bacteria, parasites and algae) that sanitising systems are designed to manage.

So I bought an Enviroswim in April and it's great. Maintenance consists of pool testing (5 mins) every 10 - 14 days dependent on environmental factors (i.e., rain, leaf load, swimmer load etc.). Management includes 250 - 500 mL of acid every 10 - 14 days dependent on environmental factors. The pool is quite shaded in winter which previously resulted in green algal blooms, and heaps of chemicals (copper solution) and scrubbing. No more with the Enviroswim - just needed to adjust the controller when the copper levels started dropping and no algae.

More importantly, the swim quality is excellent - I cant stress this enough, its like swimming in a fresh water stream.

I am also recovering the backwash water for my garden - concerns regarding copper levels are mitigated as it is mixed in a 5000 L rain water tank.

You wont be disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Priestdale, Queensland

• 2 questions

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great Investment works a treat within limits

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

We installed The Enviroswim system on the recommendation of our Pool Contractors.
The System works fantastic and keeps the pool water really nice and clear.

One small issue is we have started to get patches of black Staining on our Glass finish Jewels for pools so anyone encountered this and resolved would love to hear from them.

One other point has we had a big family gathering over Xmas and over a 3 day period the pool got hammered and we had to add Chlorine to help out the system as the water started to get murky however that was not what I would call normal use. beside that the unit works great and while there maybe a small amount of chlorine in the water you would not notice it at all.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Amazing results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

The enviroswim has been life changing to our pool. After more than 3 years of minimal chemicals and using less power than ever it was worth the change over. Just swimming in virtually fresh water was worth it. Simple set up and continued maintenance anyone can do. Well done guys!

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Enviroswim does what it says.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

In October 2016, our salt pool chlorinator died and i needed a replacement. The chlorine in the pool was stinging my eyes (I like to open my eyes under water) and making my skin itch. The pool guy that was servicing our pool suggested that I replace the chlorinator and add more minerals/chemicals to the pool to help with the chlorine level. This would have increased our monthly service from around $80 to over $100. I decided to do some research for an alternative.

I researched many different systems, but nothing sounded as good as the enviroswim system. I called enviroswim and talked to Carl who was very helpful, but i am very careful when it comes to splashing out $3,800 (the normal salt pool chlorinator replacement was only $1200). After much research, which involved calling a lot of the people in the testimonials on the Enviroswim website, i finally bit the bullet and found a pool shop in Cairns who had installed 3 systems already (the install only cost $130). Nearly all testimonials were positive, but the only issue seemed to be around whether the system was chlorine free. Carl explained to me that if there is residual salt in the pool, it will still make some chlorine but at a much lower level than a salt pool, so i felt like he was being honest and upfront.

There was also a guy from a pool install company based in Townsville that said he had installed 5-6 of the units and that when he builds his own pool, he is going to use an enviroswim system because he had 2 kids and he liked the chlorine free pool water and the low maintenance side of things.

I have now had the system for 4 hot months. I no longer have to pay a pool guy to come around (saving $45 p/m) and check the pool and the use of chemicals is now down to some ph reducer (acid), calcium (pebble concrete pool) and some phosphate eliminator, since i have a few painful (neighbour's) trees around the pool that blows lots of leaves into it (saving $20-25 p/m). I have only had to shock the pool once with chlorine because i didn't check it for the first 5 weeks and it started looking cloudy and a few spots of green (PH too high was main problem).

I can now open my eyes under water and they don't sting like they used to, and I don't have the dry itchy skin or the chlorine smell after I get out. I don't need to shower after I get out either.

It is too early to tell any long term damage to the pool that may happen, but none of the local pool shops are concerned with the chemical composition except the usual ones listed above (PH, calcium etc).

At this stage, I would certainly recommend this type of system if you have any issues with chlorine, but also over time, the chemical savings will end up paying for the system anyway (I assume may 2.5 to 3.5 years with my current savings). The water is very clear and I enjoy swimming our pool again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for your valued review.

It is a pleasure. Winter time in Cairns and the maintenance of the pool is virtually nil except for all the leaves from the neighbours tree I've hardly spent any money on chemicals and very very happy with the result

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Happy as with,love our fresh water Enviroswim pool.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2017

My Name is Tony B.,I live 100kms north of Bundaberg Qld,The company has my phone no's and I am happy to talk to anyone they give my no to.

The system is easy to install.
It is also easy to use and understand,I personally like the manual control panel with no computer program to learn,and its easy to reset the time after a blackout,which we have plenty of in our area.
We are also subject to voltage fluctuation,which has had no ill effect on the system in the 21 months it has been in operation.

I have found all the support I needed was readily available either on the phone or on the website assist line.,and it was prompt in coming.
I grew up swimming in fresh water streams and the Enviroswim system produces the same effect,anybody that gets in the pool notices the difference to a chlorine/salt pool.
We have personal experience with someone in our family who has very sensitive skin and must shower after swimming in a salt pool,but after swimming in our pool several times the comment was "I dont have to shower after swimming in this pool",no irritation.
When you get out of the water you just dry off in the sun if you like,no sticky feeling.
We have a friend who was badly burnt in an accident,he he has swum in our pool and was so impressed that he is installing the Enviroswim system on his pool,apparently the silver is good for the burnt area.

In summary,I was a skeptic to begin with but have found the company has acted with total Integrity towards us as customers and this Integrity shows in the product.
It is not complicated and uses naturally occurring materials to perform the sanitation process.

The first the pool shop people say when I do go in for a test is "there is no chlorine in the water". Then I have to explain again that it doesnt run on chlorine.

The "feeling" of the water is first thing people notice.
The high temperatures and humidity in our area is not a problem either.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Fantastic Pool Sanatising System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

Installed the enviroswim system into pre-existing salt water pool when I bought my property two and a half years ago. I couldn't be happier with my choice of the enviroswim system, the clarity of the pool water and the ease of maintaining the pool water. The company has always willing to speak to me when I have contacted them for advice when I first installed the system and have been very helpful and friendly answering my enquiries. The staff at enviroswim are an absolute pleasure to deal with.

The only issue I have, and it's by no means a big issue as far as I'm concerned and that is I do get some dark staining on the pool concrete which the pool shop guy tells me it's copper staining and the product they've sold me does clean it but makes a bit of a mess of the water. However the enviroswim system cleans the water up beautify again after a few days.

As far as I'm concerned the enviroswim pool sanitising system is brilliant. I can't speak highly enough of it and would recommend it to anybody who has a pool.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Noel, Thank you for your comments and feedback, they are much appreciated. There should be zero staining due to copper at our recommended operating levels of 0.2 - 0.4 parts per million (ppm). Mun... read more »

Perth

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Not exactly chlorine free!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I have found with the Enviroswim system that after leaving on the pool blanket for a while there is a noticeable chlorine odour, Spoke to my local pool bloke who has dealt with these in the past and that they do produce some chlorine,was not what I had hoped for, rather disappointed :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Hi Terry. Sorry that you are disappointed that your Enviroswim is making chlorine with your pool blanket on. This could be expected as your pool water contains low amounts of sodium chloride and i... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2014

No false advertising here!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

We have had Enviroswim on our pool since new and its absolutely brilliant, we love it.
Easy to maintain, inexpensive to operate and fantastic to swim in.
The post re false advertising?? I have reviewed all Enviroswims literature and no where can I find that they say NO CHLORINE.
The opposite on their website they highlight that it is unavoidable that small amounts of chlorine will be produced if there is any salt in the water and electrolysis present.
I would have no doubts about recommending this product to any pool owner.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Greensborough

• 1 comment
  • 40 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

False advertising- but works ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

Short version: The unit is falsely advertised as "no chlorine sanitising system" But, it works reasonably well as the "low salt/chlorine sanitising system"that it actually is.

I've worked in the swimming pool service industry for almost 10 years, my company services three pools with the Enviroswim, and I would like to shed a little bit of light on this product.
Firstly, the unit does produce chlorine, that is the function of it's ORP/Redox cell. It is a low salt, low output chlorinator cell. So while the unit requires less salt than a standard salt cell, and produces smaller amounts of chlorine, it still functions as a "salt water pool"

Secondly, just to address two points of the last reviewer- the acid you are adding is to counteract the cell's chlorine production. While concrete pools do require large amounts of acid during curing, the regular acid dosing is required if the cell produces chlorine (as salt water pool owners will all testify to) And also- the run times for any filtration system should be the same- regardless of the sanitiser type- as it is more to do with water turnover and filtration.

Finally, i would like to add that i do not intend this to be a bad review- the unit works fine as a low salt chlorinator combined with an ionizer- my only concern is that people are being misled by the marketing around this product. It is relatively straight forward to use, and it does it's job. 3/5- for being adequate, even if falsely advertised.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy, Whilst we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative we should set the record straight for readers. Enviroswim is not simply a salt-water chlorinator/ioniser c... read more »

Dear Envioswim; From my point of view, I personally believe your product to be quite misleading to anyone with little-to-no experience with pools and water chemistry. I quote from p16 of your... read more »

Enviroswim ES3 Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy In regards to your last comment Mick, Quote “Yet you do not tell anyone that the aforementioned "öxidiser" is chlorine” Absolutely, the oxidiser is not just chlor... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Like swimming in a fresh lake (no salt, no chlorine, no magnesium)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2016

Installed a new pool (concrete).
Researched for the best system to keep family healthy & safe.
Found Enviroswim.

Based on my background (engineer) & research on the web, this was by far the best way to go.

Installed & it's running like a dream.
No chlorine (good news as no chlorine health impacts & not smelling like chlorine even after scrubbing like mad in a shower).
No salt & no magnesium (which are similar, sodium chloride versus magnesium chloride).
Just fresh water that is purer than tap water.

I had a simple "ioniser" when I owned a house previously for 5 years
During same time, my sister & friends repeatedly had "black spot" and needed "chlorine shock treatment" then flocculation then you could not swim for a while. Plus the constant cost of chemicals.
Big hassle.

With Enviroswim.
I run the pump 3 hours a day (salt/magnesium needs 8 Hrs minimum).
I have a variable speed pump so costs very little to run at 1400 rpm.
Only thing to buy is acid ($3 a fortnight) to counter the alkalinity as concrete pools always make the water slightly alkaline for the first few years.

Why so few Enviroswim systems?
If you are a pool shop with palettes of chlorine, bags of salt, UV stabilisers for chlorine, why on earth would you sell Enviroswim?
One Enviroswim sale, 4 litres of acid & you do not see that customer for 8 weeks, at which time they drop in for just 4 litres acid (if concrete pool).
Conspiracy? No.
Just economics if you own a business.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you, your feedback helps us get the message out and cut through industry noise

My pool keeps developing grey algae on the steps and surfaces. The chemical check is ok. The only thing that helps clear this is the acid. Can you please tell me what the problem is.thank you from Valerie dean

Val asked on Dec 08, 2017

Answer this

We have never had algea in the pool . The oxidiser is set to maximum of 15 and the copper reading maintained at 0.3 to 0.4 the system is running for 6 hours per day so maybe check your copper levels or increase the system run time ph should be around 7.3

Hi Val, thank you for your enquiry, we're not aware of grey algae. If the chemical check is OK it will not be high copper/silver levels so we would need more info to better assist with this. Please can you email your current test results to us at info@enviroswim.com and also a contact number if possible. We look forward to helping you resolve the issue.
The Enviroswim Team

Hi. I have a salt water pool and I am considering my chemical free pool options. Would I need to drain the pool and refill with fresh water, as from the information provided any salt in the pool will be converted into chlorine, which I want to eliminate. Thanks Violette

Violette asked on Sep 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Violette, Yes, in order to get the freshwater benefits you will need to dilute the pool. If you can send us your current salt levels or total dissolved solids level (tds) we can better advise. Please email us these directly to info@enviroswim.com or call on 1300888457

Hi Violet you would need to have around 25% of the old water present as part of the process as a small amount of salt is required. You need to test this level once you do the change over to ensure the right balance. They provide test kits etc and it is an easy process. Ours has been a very successful change over with no issues since we converted and the water is balanced perfectly.

Hi Violette,

I basically emptied 2/3rds of my water just before the wet season (in Cairns) and let the rain do the rest.

Personally, the long term benefits (virtually no chloride, cheap to run, less chemicals) makes the original pain worth it.

Cheers
Pete

Hi without giving away trade secrets, can you please specify what levels of silver is in the pool water ( as you have for copper), and other chemical composition, whether oxidation product or whatever. I think it is more than reasonable to know what environment we might be swimming in and potential for toxicity. Reassurance of government funding is not synonymous with "safe" . Impressive bacteria kill rates means that there is toxicity to bugs and therefore potentially humans. We know salt is innocuous in pool water and chlorine,whilst objectionable in many ways, has been around for a long time and therefore its safety record known (for better or worse). Cheers Samson

Samson asked on May 13, 2017

Dear Samson,

We believe we have made it clear what we will and won’t discuss on a public platform. Years of research and development has gone into Enviroswim, competitions can do the same and work it out for theirselves.

What we can confirm is that the silver levels are less than than the World Health Organisation and EPA’s non - enforceable recommendation for silver levels in drinking water of 0.01 mg/L for a lifetime exposure to drinking water. Please refer to this link www.wqa.org/Portals/0/Technical/Technical%20Fact%20Sheets/2015_Silver.pdf

Most bathers do not drink copious amounts of pool water but even if they did drink it over their lifetime, there are no known health concerns or limits for residual levels of silver in drinking water.

Traditional copper/silver ionisation systems are well documented. Enviroswim copper and silver residuals are much lower than a common pool ioniser.

It should also be noted that the government funding was used to have the system tested to NSW Health Departments protocol for the introduction of a new sanitiser (adopted by other states) where it proved to be far more effective than chlorine. In addition, similar tests were conducted in the USA for our US customers by NSF International which resulted in certification as a complete sand alone sanitised system. We don’t know of another Australian system or manufacturer who has conducted any efficacy/toxicity tests to provide these customer assurances. There is no requirement for this type of approval other than electrical safety certification. In addition, Enviroswim’s copper/silver electrodes are registered and approved with the government body responsible for the approval of pool chemicals.

If you require more information please contact our office. We have other doctors who are now happy Enviroswim customers.

Enviroswim