Verified Purchase Model: Ring Sling

Don't buy it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I purchased a cream hug a bub mesh ring sling online direct from the company. I find it incredibly difficult to use as the fabric grabs, doesn't slide through the rings easily and gets stuck every time. I have since met some people experienced with ring slings (and baby wearing) and they confirmed I am doing/using it correctly but it's the material which is an issue as they have come across this problem with the same product many times before. I really regret this purchase as I've never been able to use it despite trying many many times to give it a go, but no matter what I do the material gets stuck in the rings. I'm disappointed as this wasn't a cheap purchase and I really wanted to love this product.

Comments
Hug-a-Bub Official

Hi Laura, we're very sorry you had that experience. It's possible that for some reason your particular ring sling is different from usual - so we'd be more than happy to send you a replacement. We ... read more »

Model: Organic Lightweight

Best baby item - a daily essential!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Bought the lightweight hugabub carrier when my second baby was born and it has been an absolute life-saver. I've used it almost every single day as it's a guaranteed way for baby to nap - so soft, comfortable and snug (but doesn't feel too warm during Summer either!). I've received so many compliments and questions from other parents and non parents about it as everyone agrees that it just looks like the most snug way to hold a baby! With a very active preschooler, the hugabub allows me to still have two free hands which is so good for looking after two kids and also getting stuff done around the house. I love love love this carrier and would highly recommend it to anyone!!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Canberra

• 2 answers

Model: Organic

Easier to use than it looks!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

I went into the shop looking for a sling but came out with a Hug-a-Bub and I haven't yet regretted it. In the short time I've had it, it's saved me on multiple occasions when dealing with a fussy bub who just wants to be held. The wrap holds him upright enough to facilitate burping etc (he often doesn't burp till twenty minutes after he's finished a bottle) but relaxed enough that he can fall asleep easily. I practised in front of the mirror the first few times I used it but can now arrange it confidently without looking.

There are a plethora of youtube tutorials out there - I found some alternate ties that were easier for me to use than the tie recommended by the Hug-a-Bub site.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Love this for newborn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Totally loved this carrier. So easy to get on and you can slip bubs in and out without having to remove the carrier. The soft material actually looks like you are wearing a top and bubs snuggles into so well that you can go about doing things like shopping and have free hands. I personally loved this carrier over woven carriers for newborn to aprox 6 months old. The pocket was great too for keeping wallet and keys. Good looking comfortable and all round winner

This saved me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Soft and easy to wear, like I was wearing a garment not a baby carrier. I can be totally hands free. Looks fantastic and does not dig in to my body at all as there are no clips which I love! Soft, wide straps that hide all the post natal flab as well.

Model: Pocketless

The snuggliest and easiest way to move around with a newborn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

I used to wrap it once then pop baby in and out as needed. It became my new mum outfit! It feels great to have your baby snuggled against you with such an unobtrusive carrier. Easy to pop in the washing machine when soiled and extremely durable. Lasted through two babies!

• 1 comment

Best wrap ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Most versatile sturdy yet stretchy wrap, used it for my tiniest prem to my big 4.2 kg newborn. Easy to use not to much fabric and even looks good on. I recommend it to all my clients and have lent it to all my friends . Would not have a baby without it

Truly life-changing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

The very first time I wrapped my baby up in our new Hug-a-Bub, he snuggled in and fell fast asleep -- normally he was a baby who was difficult to get to sleep and only slept for a short period of time, but this wrap revolutionised sleep for us! Suddenly I could be hands-free, with a contentedly sleeping baby. I absolutely love our Hug-a-Bub and have actually bought two additional Hug-a-Bubs just to lend out to new mummies, as I believe they are SO worthwhile.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Model: Original

felt like an earthmother!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

I purchased a blue & magenta hug-a-bub; the blue was well loved and just perfect - I really couldn't have done without it & my daughter thrived in it. Unfortunately the magenta was made from a different material or weave and the stretch in it was too much - I didn't feel my girl was as secure in it, so I really only used it for emergency use.
I also purchased the sling, but I didn't actually use that at all.

Model: Ring Sling

Really useful and easy to use!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

I've been using my ring sling almost everyday and it's great. My little boy loves it and he is always calm and happy when he's in it. Very easy to use and wash and the material is comfortable and lightweight, great for summer. I would recommend hug a bub to other mums.

Model: Original

Best baby carrier I ever used!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2017

Unbelievable that one long piece of fabric can hold your baby so comfortably and securely. Once you get the hang of putting one on, you'll never go back, the weight-bearing is better than any other baby carrier I've used. It's easy to throw in the wash and folds down so compact when you're not using it.

Best newborn item I owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

I used mine from when my son was one day old. The material is comfortable and light, once I watched the instructional video it was as easy as tying my shoelaces. Being able to leave it on and just slip bub in and out was a bonus! It was the only way I got anything done for the first 6 months of his life. He loved being snuggled into mumma all day. It was a beautiful experience for us both.

Model: Organic

I found it too hard to put on and therefore didn't use more than twice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Unfortunately I found it too hard to put on and therefore didn't use more than twice . I know others who swear by it but it just wasn't for me.Unfortunately I found it too hard to put on and therefore didn't use more than twice . I know others who swear by it but it just wasn't for me.

Comments
Hug-a-Bub Official

Hi Johanna, We are sorry you're having difficulty with your Hug-a-Bub. We'd love the opportunity for our Certified Babywearing Instructors on staff to help you adjust your carrier so it works well ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great baby carrier! Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

felt as though it was better for when my child was an infant. Stopped using it when he reached 6 months as he felt quite restricted. Great carrier for getting Bub to sleep and being close. Love it! Will use it with my next child. Beautiful material, excellent instructional DVD.

Saved my sanity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Love this product! It wasn't cheap, but I had a baby who screamed from 1 week of age for at lease 12 hours per day with colic / reflux. No soothing would help until I tried hug-a-bub. Wearing my baby in the hug-a-bub reduced the screaming to around 1 hour per day and enabled me to have my hands free and look after my 18 month old child while still carrying the baby. Loved it so much that I couldn't bring myself to sell it when my child had grown out of it and will be saving it for when my daughter has a screaming baby of her own! Negatives : a) is it does take a bit of practice to put on, adjust and take the baby out, but it does come with a good instruction DVD and I thought it was well worth the effort; b) not so comfortable to use for the heavier child (I switched to the ring sling predominantly from around 4-6 months). My husband found it more comfortable to use, with his chronic back issues, than the ring sling. I used both and found the pocket wrap great for the screaming small baby but the ring sling best once they got a bit older.

Mt gambier

• 1 comment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

I love my hug a Bub. With my eldest, we would spend hours sitting cuddling while she slept. I was afraid my son would miss out on that closeness. But I was able to wrap him close for a cuddle and still get on with minding my three year old. Even after having my c section, it's always been comfortable to wear. I had a winter baby who had to spend lots of time outside while his sister played. I always knew he was warm when he was on my chest.

Comments

I forgot to say!!! I love that I could put it on at home, then drive to the shops and pop Bub straight in. No standing in the rain trying to close buckles etc!! And very good for discreet breastfeeding on the go!! Can't rate this highly enough!!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

The order was sent in separate bundles and so because I was having it shipped onwards it became a hugely expensive exercise - this separate processing was done without any communication to me.

I also found the fabric is too stretchy, so after a period of baby wearing, the baby slides around and I need to keep retying. This is extremely difficult when I am out on my own and don't wish to put the baby down on a dirty seat. It was much more comfortable with an ergo - both for me and baby.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hug-a-Bub Official

Hi Jane, thanks for the feedback. We're sorry for the shipping issues you experienced. It also sounds like our Certified Babywearing Instructors on staff could have been helpful so that you could a... read more »

Melbourne

It just felt right

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Wearing my baby in a Hug-a-Bub was the first thing as a parent that really felt right. I was never certain if I was being a good Mum, but the instant I could carry her close I knew it was right for us. It was a great introduction to baby wearing.

A little too hot!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

It took us a little while to figure out how to safely wrap our baby - especially when we were on the go, such as getting out of the car. Once we figured it out, we loved it whilst our baby was very little as we could really snuggle him up. But it became too hot and our baby became quite uncomfortable too quickly. I note that you have a new lightweight edition, so hopefully this will be somewhat more comfortable to wear for periods of time?

Purchased at: Huggle Baby

Comments
Hug-a-Bub Official

Hi Kartini, Thanks for the feedback, and sorry you feel the original Hug-a-Bub is too warm at the moment. The lightweight wrap should be a bit cooler. If you wanted to try that, I'm sure we can wo... read more »

• 1 answer

I adore it except...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

The positive:

I loved the way it cradled my baby/toddler. I never felt like she would fall out and it felt very snug and put together when I wore it. I love the options though I never figured out the backpack style of carrying. I love the pocket! Love it. I can slip a few things in when I am wearing it and I have a way to fold it up and out of the way, keeping it cleaner when I wasn't using it. Love the stretch of it so there was lots of wiggle room and you can make it just tight enough. Available in a plus size.

The negative:

It was
available for plus size gals like me but only in black which shows everything! The material was great for the stretch and snug, cozy feeling but the way the material curls in on itself was frustrating when you tried to fold it up and put it in the pocket. I even ironed it to try and get rid of the curl and that worked for the first time I used it but then it curled up again. It makes it look a touch unkept.

All in all, I would not buy anything different. I wish I had it for my older children and passed it on to my daughter when she had her first. She loves it too!

1 of 11 pages

Ring Sling

Hi, I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap? Could someone please comment?

Mandi78 asked on Jun 03, 2015

Answer this

I am a certified babywearing instructor educated through Die Trageschule Dresden. I love the Hug A Bub ring slings, especially the new mesh one. It's cotton weave is cool and easily washed. I also like that they use quality rings and fabric from a ethical manufacturer. I have not seen any other mesh fabric slings out there. I also like that the fabrics used are not too thin/thick or cheap run of the mill cotton. Hug A Bub has great customer service and good instructions to help if you are unfamiliar with using a sling. I love ring slings because they are beautiful easy and compact. I feel like a natural mam in a ring sling. When I wear other types of carriers, I feel like I am going on a trip and have my baby packed in a back pack:)

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Hi,

I don't have a HugaBub ring sling. I was looking for a light cotton everyday sling as I don't want to wear out my beautiful P-Sling.

I have a silk blend P-sling in slate grey. Although I wear it casually, It's quite dressy and I have had quite a few mums stop to ask me what type of sling it is.

Also, I have a BreezeBaby (same as Taylor Made Sling. Absolutely swear by it for bathing an infant. I could never manage a bath, too awkward.

My 'Seven' sling lives in the car and is my arms free kit when holding my young bub while collecting my toddler from daycare.

Wear any sling on your shoulder and not your neck or you will soon feel neck pain. Practice without a baby in until you feel what's right positioning.

Had a Natures Sway sling and regret selling it off but, at the time, I felt compelled to minimise.

Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

Julie49 asked on Apr 30, 2015

Answer this

It's really hard to say. I've got a big baby, and still use it every now and then. My guy weighs about 11.5kg now. I can't exactly remember but he was probably 6-8kg when I bought it. You could always Google or eBay a Moby Wrap and find a cheap one to see if you like it. I didn't realize a Moby Wrap is the same as (and a more generic name of) a hug a bub. And, as good as the hug a bub is, I would have tried to find something cheaper before committing had I known what they were called :).

Hi Julie, I'd get a woven. I had a hug-a-bub and was amazed at the difference in support. Hug-a-bubs and Mobys are invaluable for small ones, but as they get heavier, more support is warranted. Wovens can get expensive. I recommend starting out by going to a local baby-wearing group. They normally have libraries and you can try varying carriers there. Otherwise, there is the "BWBSS Aussie Babywearing Support" and the ladies in that group can help you out.

I am expecting twins. Can it be used for twins?? Which model?

Warburton asked on Feb 23, 2015

Answer this

Congratulations! I'm pretty sure it could be... if you google "moby wrap twin hold" there will be some YouTube videos on how to do it. A moby wrap is essentially the same thing as a hug-a-bub :).

Hello Warburton! I'm very excited for you! Because the hug-a-bub is considered a 'stretchy' wrap, many people would say it's not the best wrap for twins. You are best purchasing a woven wrap for twins. Which brand you purchase will depend on your budget. In my research, I have found Little Frog to be the most accessible woven wrap. Don't be put off by the price because it will cost you about the same to buy a piece of cloth from a material store. If price is not an issue, I love Oscha wovens. You would be looking to get a long length (6-7 depending on your size). I recommend joining a local baby wearing group on Facebook so you can learn how to wrap twins. There would be many mummas who would love to be a part of your learning adventure! Australia has the "BWBSS Aussie Baby Wearing Support" group on Facebook. You could join even if you are overseas.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details