Model: Organic

A comfortable way to wear my sweet baby.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Once I figured out how to tie this gorgeous fabric wrap it was amazing. The 100% cotton sailor stripe design looked great with my style. I wore it with my 10 week old & was so happy with how comfortable it felt. There was no back or shoulder pain. I enjoyed housework, school pick up and afternoon walks. My husband likes wearing our bub with it also. The fabric is strong and soft. Now I know how to tie it (it took just a couple of practices, don’t give up of your sleep deprived) I can tie quickly and easy.

Purchased at: Fertile Mind

Love It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

I love my new Hug-a-bub! I actually thought my stretchy-wrap days were long gone with my 10kg 5 month old... but I was wrong. It turns out the Hug-a-bub's organic cotton fabric is much more supportive than the thin modal of the other brand I was using previously.
I was able to wear him comfortably all morning at the beach, without getting a sore back.
Plus, aside from looking super cute, it was also the perfect sun protection for mummy's shoulders too!
I only wish I had tried the Hug-a-bub sooner, as I loved wearing my tiny daughter in a stretchy wrap. Structured carriers are great, but there's just something so lovely about wrapping your baby up against your body.
Thanks so much Hug-a-bub. I feel really good supporting an Australian brand and I'll be recommending your product to everyone - especially the parents with chubby babies like mine!"

Happy Baby Happy Mummy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

The hug-a-bub is a lifesaver! I highly recommend this product. The carrier material is soft and is comfortable for you and the baby. It is quiet easy to tie the wrap though it does take some time to get a hang of it but Hug-a-bub has helpful videos. Baby sits nice and cosy in the wrap. No strains on your back or shoulders either as the way it ties spreads the weight of baby equally.

When baby was much younger, he didn't like put down for naps therefore I'd be stuck on the couch all day. This carrier has saved me from being stuck at home on the couch to doing things around the house aswell going out. I'd go for a walk everyday to get some fresh air and baby would snuggle up to me and fall asleep in a matter of minutes! (I lost weight too just from walking nearly every day because baby acts as weights! :) )
Baby is nearly 6 months and we are going overseas and my hug-a-bub will defintely be coming with us.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Model: Original

Best thing I was ever introduced to!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I was lent a hugabub from a friend to try out and I loved it so much I bought my own! It was so helpful when bub was small, it kept her happy and content. It helped build our bond and was great when out and about, no bulky pram to struggle with! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with a baby!

Verified Purchase Model: Organic

The Best Baby Carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I have 4 kids and I've used my Hug-a-Bub for all of them. We started out using a popular navy carrier from Europe. This was an inferior product. The Hug-a-Bub supports the baby's head when you walk, bend over, tend to your toddler. It suppports your back and does not pull on your shoulders. It frees your hands (none of this one hand on baby's back or head while you do things); you can cook, hang washing on the line, push a trolley or pram. And shop. By God you can shop in the Hug-a-Bub! Because bub is being carried by you; they're content for hours. It's big enough for dads to use. My husband used it all the time. It's super easy to put on. It is the best baby product I have used. My youngest is now 3yrs old and I have kept mine. I loan it to friends but I'm keeping it for my daughter's to use. It's a special thing because it brings you so much comfort and beautiful bonding memories. All those snuggles. Also great if they are sick, a reflux bub (had x2 of those!). A bub that feeds a lot (can whip out your breast and bub feeds happily in there). It also protects them from the sun because of the way it fans across your shoulder. Annnnnd it's Australian made, owned and designed! Even better!!!!

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Ring Sling

Excellent ring sling.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

This review has two main components, what do I think of ring slings as a carrier, and what do I specifically think of the hug-a-bub one.

Well, ring slings in general first. I love my ring sling for certain situations and use it almost every day. It is an excellent carrier to quickly throw on to pop into the shops, or get a few chores done around the house (I use mine almost every morning to carry my daughter while I unlock and tend to our chickens. However, this is not the type of carrier for you if you intend to carry a baby (particularly a larger baby) for long periods, especially if walking or standing. I did use if for a couple of few hour stints when my daughter was a newborn. But even these were mostly while sitting (she was napping). I mostly limit it to less than about 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour or it becomes uncomfortable. For longer bouts of babywearing I use a wrap or buckle carrier, but these take a little longer to get on and get fitted, ring sling is super fast if you leave it threaded.
Ring slings can also have a slight learning curve to get them fitted comfortably (spreading the fabric over your back and shoulder is key) and I have found I had more success when my daughter was a bit older and more patient. If you are having trouble, attending a local baby wearing meet or finding a consultant can really help.

As for the hug-a-bub sling in particular, it is beautiful! I have the Eucalyptus Dreaming colour way and it is gorgeous (and quite gender neutral, not that I think that really matters in a carrier). It is comfortable to wear and didn't need much breaking in. It is well made, and still looks new, despite several months useage. The weave is quite cool and I can see myself comfortably wearing in throughout the summer. I have also received many compliments on this carrier when wearing it in public.

Lifesaver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Cant get newborn to sleep. Put in carrier. The snug fit calms burps and puts to sleep. Is so comfortable and easier than it looks to tie up. Baby was born in winter and this kept her nice and warm and could breastfeeed in it. It has a really convenient front pocket for keys amd money. Baby loved it. Keeps them nice a close to your body which is where they are used to.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Comments
Hug-a-Bub Official

Hi Laura, thanks so much for the lovely review, we are so pleased you and baby are enjoying your Hug-a-Bub. Just a suggestion - we don't encourage parents to put items in the pocket, it's more for ... read more »

Perfect for newborn. Absolute lifesaver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Best purchase for my newborn. This wrap is so quick and easy to use.
My newborn sleeps in it instantly and enjoys the closeness it provides and comfort of the soft organic fabric.
Cannot emphasise how convenient and perfect this wrap is. Would highly recommend and definitely purchase again. Perfect for both mother and father

Model: Organic

Perfect Choice for baby and mama

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

I love my Hug-a-Bub wrap! It's so beautiful having my little one close and it makes getting around so easy. My little boy Emilio loves being in it, all curled up on my chest listing to my heartbeat which is just so natural and makes the fourth trimester much more soothing for baby, also allowing you to breastfeed easily and discreetly in. Thanks to Hug-a-Bub Wrap. ♡

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

It's so light and comfy. Easy to put it on perfect for new mum and newborn .my baby boy he loves it too I can tell. Fabric is soft feel free when you wear it . Any new mum out there ! Buy them
Oh it's also good for new dad too .

Newcastle

• 1 comment
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: Organic

Perfect for a baby that just needs a good sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

It's a bit tricky the first time you use it. I'm not great at reading instructions, but you soon discover that all of the instructions and images are there not because it's super complex but because they have very good and clear instructions. If Ikea is a 1/10 for instructions, Hug-a-Bub is 9/10.

The little one goes to sleep pretty quickly in the wrap. I find it hard getting him in sometimes, but it's worth the 20 seconds of manoeuvring him in to get the one-hour of great walking (and baby sleeping).

Model: Original

Best baby product for a newborn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I have loved using my black original with both of my kids for the first 2months of their lives. It is such a comfy, gentle and yet supportive way to keep them close and get things done! I did find the length quite long, but that was great to use as an extra layer during the colder months.

Gorokan

• 1 review

One of my favorites

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

The Hug-a-bub was my go to carrier for he fourth trimester. I loved how comfortable it was to wear and how soft it was against mine and bubbys skin.
I have held onto my Hug-a-bub as I will definitely get more use out of it. Very comfortable for those little squishys(newborns).

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Model: Ring Sling

Don't buy it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I purchased a cream hug a bub mesh ring sling online direct from the company. I find it incredibly difficult to use as the fabric grabs, doesn't slide through the rings easily and gets stuck every time. I have since met some people experienced with ring slings (and baby wearing) and they confirmed I am doing/using it correctly but it's the material which is an issue as they have come across this problem with the same product many times before. I really regret this purchase as I've never been able to use it despite trying many many times to give it a go, but no matter what I do the material gets stuck in the rings. I'm disappointed as this wasn't a cheap purchase and I really wanted to love this product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hug-a-Bub Official

Hi Laura, we're very sorry you had that experience. It's possible that for some reason your particular ring sling is different from usual - so we'd be more than happy to send you a replacement. We ... read more »

Model: Organic Lightweight

Best baby item - a daily essential!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Bought the lightweight hugabub carrier when my second baby was born and it has been an absolute life-saver. I've used it almost every single day as it's a guaranteed way for baby to nap - so soft, comfortable and snug (but doesn't feel too warm during Summer either!). I've received so many compliments and questions from other parents and non parents about it as everyone agrees that it just looks like the most snug way to hold a baby! With a very active preschooler, the hugabub allows me to still have two free hands which is so good for looking after two kids and also getting stuff done around the house. I love love love this carrier and would highly recommend it to anyone!!

Canberra

• 2 answers

Model: Organic

Easier to use than it looks!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

I went into the shop looking for a sling but came out with a Hug-a-Bub and I haven't yet regretted it. In the short time I've had it, it's saved me on multiple occasions when dealing with a fussy bub who just wants to be held. The wrap holds him upright enough to facilitate burping etc (he often doesn't burp till twenty minutes after he's finished a bottle) but relaxed enough that he can fall asleep easily. I practised in front of the mirror the first few times I used it but can now arrange it confidently without looking.

There are a plethora of youtube tutorials out there - I found some alternate ties that were easier for me to use than the tie recommended by the Hug-a-Bub site.

Love this for newborn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Totally loved this carrier. So easy to get on and you can slip bubs in and out without having to remove the carrier. The soft material actually looks like you are wearing a top and bubs snuggles into so well that you can go about doing things like shopping and have free hands. I personally loved this carrier over woven carriers for newborn to aprox 6 months old. The pocket was great too for keeping wallet and keys. Good looking comfortable and all round winner

This saved me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Soft and easy to wear, like I was wearing a garment not a baby carrier. I can be totally hands free. Looks fantastic and does not dig in to my body at all as there are no clips which I love! Soft, wide straps that hide all the post natal flab as well.

Model: Pocketless

The snuggliest and easiest way to move around with a newborn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

I used to wrap it once then pop baby in and out as needed. It became my new mum outfit! It feels great to have your baby snuggled against you with such an unobtrusive carrier. Easy to pop in the washing machine when soiled and extremely durable. Lasted through two babies!

• 1 comment

Best wrap ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Most versatile sturdy yet stretchy wrap, used it for my tiniest prem to my big 4.2 kg newborn. Easy to use not to much fabric and even looks good on. I recommend it to all my clients and have lent it to all my friends . Would not have a baby without it

1 of 12 pages

What is the weight limit on the hug a bug newbie?

Angel asked on Feb 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Angel, the official weight limit is 3.2 kg. If your baby is smaller or premature, it is possible to use Newbie but you would need to check with your health professional first.
We hope that helps. Kind regards.

Ring Sling

Hi, I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap? Could someone please comment?

Mandi78 asked on Jun 03, 2015

Answer this

I am a certified babywearing instructor educated through Die Trageschule Dresden. I love the Hug A Bub ring slings, especially the new mesh one. It's cotton weave is cool and easily washed. I also like that they use quality rings and fabric from a ethical manufacturer. I have not seen any other mesh fabric slings out there. I also like that the fabrics used are not too thin/thick or cheap run of the mill cotton. Hug A Bub has great customer service and good instructions to help if you are unfamiliar with using a sling. I love ring slings because they are beautiful easy and compact. I feel like a natural mam in a ring sling. When I wear other types of carriers, I feel like I am going on a trip and have my baby packed in a back pack:)

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Hi,

I don't have a HugaBub ring sling. I was looking for a light cotton everyday sling as I don't want to wear out my beautiful P-Sling.

I have a silk blend P-sling in slate grey. Although I wear it casually, It's quite dressy and I have had quite a few mums stop to ask me what type of sling it is.

Also, I have a BreezeBaby (same as Taylor Made Sling. Absolutely swear by it for bathing an infant. I could never manage a bath, too awkward.

My 'Seven' sling lives in the car and is my arms free kit when holding my young bub while collecting my toddler from daycare.

Wear any sling on your shoulder and not your neck or you will soon feel neck pain. Practice without a baby in until you feel what's right positioning.

Had a Natures Sway sling and regret selling it off but, at the time, I felt compelled to minimise.

Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

Julie49 asked on Apr 30, 2015

Answer this

It's really hard to say. I've got a big baby, and still use it every now and then. My guy weighs about 11.5kg now. I can't exactly remember but he was probably 6-8kg when I bought it. You could always Google or eBay a Moby Wrap and find a cheap one to see if you like it. I didn't realize a Moby Wrap is the same as (and a more generic name of) a hug a bub. And, as good as the hug a bub is, I would have tried to find something cheaper before committing had I known what they were called :).

Hi Julie, I'd get a woven. I had a hug-a-bub and was amazed at the difference in support. Hug-a-bubs and Mobys are invaluable for small ones, but as they get heavier, more support is warranted. Wovens can get expensive. I recommend starting out by going to a local baby-wearing group. They normally have libraries and you can try varying carriers there. Otherwise, there is the "BWBSS Aussie Babywearing Support" and the ladies in that group can help you out.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details