• 1 comment

sydney

Shocker

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

I bought a Kaboodle kitchen last year and the quality of the Cupboards and Benchtops and service is unbelievably poor. I had trouble with the installers from day one, not turning up, turning up late [4pm for a 9am start] which was virtually every appointment. When they finally did start they brought warped stone Benchtops and tried to make them fit and then took them away and would you believe they came the following month with new Benchtops and these were warped also and i must not forget... the installation was for the first week of October a nd they were finally installed at the end of the next February. They left nothing underneath the benchtops for support and around the sink the bench was loose and sitting on nothing. I told all this to Bunnings Kitchen Staff and it got me no where, i even had a phone call from Bunnings telling me there was nothing they would do to help me. So now i tell everyone 'DO NOT BUY A BUNNINGS KITCHEN'

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Some cabinets change from white to yellow

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Over time some panels have changed colour,a problem that Kaboodle has been aware of for a decade, they do replace the items, but it is a huge job to replace everything, and so much hassle, I will be sending the bill from the cabinet makers to kaboodle,why should I pay for your known faulty products. My advice BUY ELSEWHERE my kitchen looks terrible but yours doesn't have to ,very deceptive company.

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Double, triple and quadruple check

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Had problems right from the start at Bunnings getting the order right and then after it all arrived and started installing it worked out that bunnings has stuffed it up and it was not going to fit,
So I had to change the layout to make it work, in the end the kitchen didn't run from wall to wall like it was planned too because it was 100mm to short.
The Kaboodle cupboards went together pretty easy,
We did find the the draw faces are slightly different widths which make the gaps look all wrong.

For anyone thinking of getting a kaboodle ki
tchen, when bunnings tells you that you will need to put end panels in some where like beside draws or somewhere you will not see the face don't buy it you can use a kick panel and save a heeps of money, I brought 5 end panels which was over $400+ and I could of done the same thing with one kick panel for $45.

Our first kaboodle bench top was bowed 35mm had to wait a week for a new one to turn up.

If I was going to do another kitchen I would just make all the cupboards myself and just buy the doors.

The best piece of advice I can give someone doing one of these kitchens from bunnings is double, triple and quadruple check everything before final ordering it.

Private message

Unacceptably long wait for cabinet doors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I purchased base kitchen cabinets from store, after purchase and build told that timber look doors and kickboard will take 4-6 weeks and no guaranteed delivery date. Where is the good service and convenience in this?

Resolution to my Kaboodle issue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Hi everyone,

An update to my review below.

I received a call from both Kaboodle and Bunnings.

Bunnings Kirrawee
The operations manager from Bunnings called me we had a discussion and after an investigations she called me me back apologised and told me that my new doors were ready for pick up. Free of charge.

Kaboodle
I received a call from Kaboodle. I must say I was disappointed as the customer service representative wanted to help but I needed to make a claim, she also asked for the following:
- photos illustrating the disc
olouration
- just two or three showing the whole kitchen
- itemised receipt

What resolution would you choose?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased a Kaboodle kitchen and installed it no problem.

Over a period of time I noticed two of the white gloss doors go yellow, I purchased 10 doors among other components.

If they all went yellow I would cope with the problem, but the two doors stand out.

Wrote an email to Kaboodle without a response, the most disappointing part of the experience is Kirrawee Bunnings. They do not back the products they sell and the lady was rude, Bunnings need to back the products they sell.

Don't waste your time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2017

I ordered a kaboodle kitchen on the 23rd or March and almost 2 months waiting it's still not complete. Upon arrival of the cabinetry and doors etc they had doubled up on hinges we didn't need and left out our soft close door hinges we paid for. We found the rangehood cabinet was damaged so we went back to bunnings to exchange that, then whilst putting the doors together we had a few damaged so had to go back and exchange those also but the absolute worst part of kaboodle is their benchtops.

So get this. After 4 weeks of ordering my kitchen m
y benchtop had arrived. 2 of the 3 pieces were fine. However one piece they had cut 350mm short from what the drawing was. We then had to reorder the piece again. It has now been almost 3 weeks from re order of my benchtop piece and whilst the staff at bunnings have been extremely helpful and empathetic they too are getting frustrated. After constant emails back and forth from the supplier with our correct size highlighted on every email and on every drawing the benchtop arrived this week only to be cut the wrong size again..

So its now been 2.5 months. I still have no benchtop, I can't install my sink or cooktop. I can't order my glass splashback till the benchtop is in and I am absolutely fed up by now and they haven't compensated me one bit for all the trouble we've been through.

I would suggest to pay a little more and get it somewhere else. Kaboodle are absolutely hopeless.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Best service I ever got

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

I had installed a FlatPax (Kaboodle of yesteryear) kitchen 9 years ago and 11 months ago. Finally getting around to renovating and decided to change the 3 cabinet doors that had discoloured.

After chatting with Gloria from Northlakes Bunnings, she reminded me there is a 10 Year warranty in the flat pax- now Kaboodle- kitchens. All I had to do was take photos of the kitchen discolouration and remember where and when we bought it ( turns out we FOUND THE RECEIPT but Gloria said she'd find the sales details from the store - a different store
than hers- if we no longer had receipts).

Within 10 days of chatting with Gloria, receipts and photos were sent to Mark at Kaboodle and, with less than a month left on my warranty, EVERY DOOR, KICKPANEL AND END PANEL WAS REPLACED- delivered to my door!!! 10 DAYS!!!!
We were also upgraded to a better, more expensive product.

Service like no other. Thank you Kaboodle. You have a VERY happy customer.

Incompetence behind belief

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

AWFUL EXPERIENCE . I ordered my kitchen at the beginning of March 2017 from Bunnings Collingwood and was told there would be a 2 week delay in getting the benchtop delivered from Kaboodle. So we arranged construction to occur in 3 weeks time (via The Inside Project) to be conservative. After 2 weeks I asked Bunnings Collingwood when I could expect delivery of the benchtop and that's when the nightmare began. Here I am 6 weeks later, after countless phone calls to Bunnings Collingwood (their staff were great) all I got was vague promises from Ka boodle on when the benchtop would be delivered. Then after escalating my complaint to the state manager, Kaboodle gave us a guaranteed delivery date (4 weeks from my order) which they failed to deliver. So here we are, on April 22nd, more than 6 weeks after I placed my initial order. I was guaranteed by Kaboodle (via Bunnings) that the benchtop would be delivered last Tuesday. I'm typing this review on Friday at 4pm, and despite being assured every day this week that the benchtop was coming "tomorrow" it still hasn't arrived. We've already delayed construction, and the actual install is happening this coming Monday. I advise people to NOT BUY KABOODLE. This company will take your money in a very efficient manner, but will fail to deliver on anything else (except broken promises). You've been warned.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mackay

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Easy to assemble but hardware is awful

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I installed a Kaboodle kitchen 3 years ago. Very straight forth for someone who is handy with flat packs. I built it entirely on my own. We opted for a metalic gloss finish (I have forgotten the name of the colour- maybe cremasala?)
We also purchased the thick stone composite bench top and I hired a router and routed the stove and sink holes without a problem. The bench top came with a stone router peice that did the job well. When installing I noticed a lack of screws. When I contacted bunnings they said that it was correct. However when I be
gan installing hinges and drawer brackets I decided to check the displays at my local bunnings. I discovered every single corner hinge had an extra screw in it. When I queried it they told me it was only due to damaged floorstock that they reinforced the hinges by fixing an extra screw.
This should have set off alarm bells however I kept going.
Once fronts where on I opted for the low profile handles which sit at the top of each drawer. These look great however are not manufactured at perfect right angles. Meaning all those perfectly spaced drawer fronts soon begin to stick when soft closing because they are hitting the handles. Very frustrating to have to rescrew all fronts to allow for this discrepancy. These handles are also quite sharp so if you have small clumsy children around be warned. They can cut you up good.
Another thing I found was the skirting boards and clips are not enough to stop the boards from moving a little. Even when silicone has been finished above the tiles. I had to get even more screws and screw down from the inside of the cabinets and into the tip of the skirting for it to be solid.
The bench top itself is fantastic. Best investment. The corner line blends well. One thing that sucks is on your island benches the back panels will have a join. This looks cheap. So cheap. Check it out in store. Unless it has changed in three years I wouldn't recommend bothering with their panels. We actually just got another peice of stone bench top and made a "waterfall" the entire length of the island. Obviously much more expensive but it's the one thing that people comment on when they see our kitchen. It also makes it much more durable..
The soft close drawers are still working well. The soft close doors however are total rubbish. Our pantry hinges stuffed up within a year and no longer soft close. Our corner cabinet door is the worst. 2 sets of hinges not to mention having to flip the door and rescrew new holes as the predrilled plugs that it came with just fell out. Awful.
All in all. If you're looking for a cheap-ish kitchen and have the skills to diy it's worth it, just expect to get what you pay for

very attractuve kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

just installed a charcoal kitchen for friends, this was my 6th caboodle, but first touch door and drawer one, had a problem setting up as normal gap between door and cupboard is around 2 mm, the drawer setup is more than 5mm with drawers standing out, we ended up getting all info of youtube. just to point out another fault with a sink base unit the front rail should be turned allowing the cut for sink, extra holes on same hole pattern would be good, my opinion is ,get an experienced installer to do kitchen as from step 1, if floor is not level your in trouble straight away,
looking forward to my next one.

Kaboodle kitchen

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Only 2 years old and at great expense (in my eyes) for a kitchen that is falling apart. Expected a but more life out of it. Doors are always falling off, taking half the cabinet with it. Need to use fillers etc so the door can be put back on. 2 years! Remember that when looking at this product. Not happy Jan!

Private message

Warranty help response update not feeling ripped off any more

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

The response from kaboodle has been great their warranty has been true to their word and have replaced every panel all 50 of them doors, panels etc big job for me though picking everything up an pulling out the old an replacing with new an oh my so much cardboard to despose of lets hope the new ones last a little longer than the ones that went yellow, a little overwhelming it all has been but kaboodle has been helpful an very nice am a lot happier than last week, from sha

White Gloss Gone Yellow

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

Put gorgeous white gloss kitchen in 2013 and noticed last year cupboard fronts going yellow. Kadoodle replaced them with their "new" white called Egg White. Which looks to me like the white ones gone yellow! Will not be replacing them with that, I do not like the colour!

• 1 comment
Private message

Still waiting to get bench top fixed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

15th May 2017 the debarcle with my bench top has finally ended. 5 months later. I found out that the person who i was dealing with had taken on too much or bitten of more than he could chew. That... read more »

Private message

Amazing kitchen for an amazing price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

We recently renovated our kitchen with a new Kaboodle kitchen. We had a quite tight budget and thought we would start by looking into the kitchens at Bunnings.

With our budget we had in mind, we went through the process of designing and planning our kitchen at Bunnings. We found the process very easy and user friendly. The design process and help we got we couldn’t fault and then it was just a matter of building the kitchen.

We had our kitchen delivered and to our disappointment 2 of the doors got damaged during the delivery. Bunnings wer
e really helpful and organised replacements doors straight away.

Putting the kitchen together ended up being easier than what we expected and we are so happy with the finished result!! We went with the Euro oak timber bench top, Alpine doors in antique white colour. All doors are soft closing. So amazing what could be done in such a tight space! The way the kitchen looks now you would think we spent 3 times more than what we did. Very happy customers and highly recommend Kaboodle kitchens!!

Total crap house

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

After fitting touch doors they fall off after use, the plastic thread is carp. Have to use a aftermarket screw. Deffo not be buying this again after the 4k $ spent.

Benchtop debarkle.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Complete muck up with the bench tops by both Bunnings & Kaboodle. Have to remake, causing a big delay. Had to go to 3 different Bunnings to get all the cabnet items needed and 2 different Bunnings to get the hinges, all said had plenty in stock but were none on arrival, were all on their display none on the shelf. Some door colours /styles not available in all sizes. In all a very frustrating and time comsuming experience. We have had to make 8 visits to Bunnings to order and then to resolve the issues each time having to go over everything ag ain as was always a different staff member to deal with and my wife also had to chase up the hinges from other stores. I do not recommend this service. My suggestions for Bunnings and Kaboodle is to have designated staff members who have been trained properly by Kaboodle in the stores and stock levels should be maintained properly do not include the displays as stock. A customer should not have to go to 5 different stores to get what they need.

Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

The planning, design and purchase of our kitchen was good. The staff advised us that our kitchen would be completed in the one order so that the colour/ finish would be consistent. Our kitchen is white high gloss and I have no complaints until now as the white high gloss finish has started yellowing. Some doors started to yellow before the others but now all but one door has turned to a creamy off white. I am totally disappointed as they don't look any good against the white high gloss tiles and splash back.

1 of 3 pages