Kinsman Kitchens is offering one reviewer each month (starting from March 13th 2018) the chance to win a $200 Good Guys Gift Card to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Appalling customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

A friendly sales rep attended for a wardrobe measure and quote. The sales pitch about quality and high end does not match the business model. Pressure was applied to buy on the day (although advised on the telephone i would not purchase on the day). After a 2 hour consultation i was telephoned the next day that due to their modular systems they are not prepared to provide a quote. Absolute waste of time.

Melbourne

Private message

Worst customer service, Irresponsibility...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

We have chosen Kinsman to renovate our kitchen as their show room in the Goodguys which give us confidence this big and truth worthy business. However, our bad experience as nightmare start from here.
After first consultant with promise 6-8 weeks to complete everything, (deposit on June 2018). Waiting more than 2 weeks, calling, pushing them to start measurement. Tiring from waiting, but we hope we could have nice kitchen, we patiently waiting for their measure and delivery. Drawing plan was few mistake, we asked them to fix and remind do not forgot our Stone splash-back many times. Finally, they REALLY forgot, and did not apologise for any late, mistake. Only short answer ask us to wait though timeframe. Trying to contact, complain and KINSAN answered they have done cabinet, now installer have responsible for everything, this is not their responsibilities anymore. And that installer busy all the time, leave while kitchen in process. KINSMAN and their installer did not contact each other, miscommunication, which cause trouble to their client like me.
HOW COULD IT SOUND SO IRRESPONSIBLE like that?
Our kitchen still processing and waiting, since plumber said our sink (bought from COSTCO AUSTRALIA) is not Australia standard, he cannot install. However, we provide measurement from beginning. This is mid October and have no idea what those people doing to our house?
For someone who may want to get relocation their dream kitchen, do not just believe what you see in TV, your time should be consider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Simon,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not great and that you had many lengthy delays. I have sent you a private message to gather more details.

• 2 helpful votes

Stressful experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Happy with the design and the communication up until the installer went on holidays, then ended up with someone else who didn't care was just there to do a job, no communication, charged for things not done, didn't turn up when said they would, installed the range hood crocked after drawing the line (how can you miss the line, that was just careless work) the pantry is hard to opened due to it all being 1 door instead of 4 as per design!
Cannot fault the stone or splash back people as he tried hes best to hide the crooked range hood. The experience was very stressful and took more than the time the designer stated it would.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Matild,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I will send you are private message to obtain further details.

Kinsman Kitchens

Very happy with new kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I am very happy with my new Kinsman kitchen. The whole team, were excellent. They arrived when they said they would. They called to advise if they were going to be held up. They were very quick from demolition through to installation. Even the rubbish and old kitchen were removed from the property quickly. And they swept up the sawdust before leaving!

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Janine, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a 5 star review. We are happy to hear that everything went smoothly and that you were kept updated through out the entire process of yo... read more »

We love our new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We were very happy with the installation, Dennis worked a 12 hour day to complete the installation in one day...this was a feat as the kitchen is quite large. I liked the messages I was able to access back and forth because I work full time and was able to read these messages and reply at midnight. The samples were almost exactly as they were in the showroom at The Good Guys at Tempe...however the lady at Tempe was super helpful until I told her I was just coming back to match paint samples as I had already bought the kitchen...she walked away and gave me no help after that. The trades people have been brilliant and worked in with our timetable. Our kitchen was moved into a different room in the house and this was a huge task for them all to undertake. They were patient and smiled even when it looked like (to me) it was going to be a tricky installation. Thanks to all the team.....

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Sara, Thank you for your amazing review. It sounds like you experienced the amazing customer service of our team that we pride ourselves on. I will be passing your review onto Dennis and his t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Wrong business model, great installer and tradies.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2018

The business model puts all responsibility back onto the customer through their website where the customer is compelled to ACCEPT that all measurements etc are correct. For someone liked me taught in the time of imperial measurements and nudging 80 this is a difficult task and I think their measurements should be their responsibility. Unlike many my age I am somewhat computer literate but what happens when one is not or does not even have a computer? The designer was somewhat helpful but I would not be able to say that at the finish of her design it was the end product. Frank the installer was experienced and gave some very helpful suggestions, he uses a team of tradesmen who also gave some useful advice and ensured, despite three easily resolved issues, their work was done properly. With the designer's advice I chose a reasonably large glass door cupboard to store some overseas memorabilia which needed at least 4 glass shelves but only two shelves were supplied, this was corrected by Kinsman who agreed to provide 2 more shelves as a goodwill gesture. Without Frank and the tradesmen he chose I do not think I would have had a kitchen that pleases me. I also think for the money paid that I should not have been the project manager, I thought someone from Kinsman should be project manager. A big thanks to Frank, John, Adam, Chris and Greg.

Ballina

Not impressed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

1. So on my first phone call to kinsman I was informed that I could get a flat pack kitchen made up within a few weeks and they will send a rep to my home to have it measured up in around 2 to 3 hours. Great I think. Until they send a rep with no experience which takes about 4
Hours. Then to get your business they inform me if you sign up on the day you will receive 20% off. At the end of the consult he was unable to supply a price as he had no price list. I was then informed it would take 6-8 weeks from when plans were complete.
2. The next interaction involved going to the showroom to look at the display cause let’s face it trying to pick a full kitchen off few samples
Is near impossible. Another 3 hours at the showroom with the rep who clearly doesn't know his way around and then quotes us on a kitchen with cupboards instead of drawers. Waste a bit more time then he scribbles down a price on a piece of paper. So at the end we pay a deposit hoping we are going to get the right kitchen.
3. After thinking about the previous interactions I finally get a phone call after 5 days to let us know how it progresses. I voiced my concerns to the manager about the newly appointed rep. Her comment was ‘well he has to start somewhere’ and basically dismissed my concerns.
I've still not received any email on how to log onto there portal after nearly a week.
Not happy so far.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Matt, We are sorry to hear that your new kitchen renovation has not started in the best way. I have sent you a private message asking for some more details, so we can then pass this onto the r... read more »

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Had the designer totally change our plans for the kitchen and it was perfect. After the final measure up the kitchen only took about 4 weeks to be delivered. The tradies were all very nice and helpful and did an awesome job.

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Lee,

We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your review. We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your new kitchen and that it was a quick turnaround for you.

We are impressed with Kinsmans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

We were happy with the way they kept us updated the quality of work was Excellent the delivery dates were all met and the new kitchen looks great

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy to hear that you kitchen looks great and that everything ran smoothly for you. We hope you enjoy your new kitchen for many years to come.

Gold Coast

Private message

Lucky it was early cancellation

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I was browsing around at good guys and as already was planning to do kitchen renovation I was approached by sales person at kinsman kitchen.
Been told to book designer for free and if I wanted to install being a handy man, DIY kitchen I should go with that option and also when I asked average kitchen price have been told starting from $3.5k average.
I was happy with that, my budget could extend to $5.5k and with their offer of 20% I could get a kitchen for say $4-4.5k. They sent me an email for appointment, I confirmed and designer rang me asking a few questions.
1. What type of bench would you like?
I said laminate as I believe my budget won’t let me go with stone
2. What is your budget?
I said, I would like to be guided by design as I know what I need and then we can discuss budget
3. As you said you have limited budget, are you talking about $15-20k or less?
I said , definitely not that much and if I am using DIY kitchen I won’t be spending $15-20k
4. How much?
I said around $4.5-5k
She said then nothing, because our DIY kitchen starts from $7k
Then I asked what about your promotion applies from $4.5k and salesperson told me average price from $3.5k
And respond was that must be for a few laundry cabinets not kitchen!!!
I was shocked!!! Not with price, but with response!!!
But definitely in their special states from $4.5k and not from $7k - hence I don’t understand that poor service
At least I didn’t waste my time on Saturday afternoon, so extra star (two in total) is given for early discovery of true offer, but I was mislead until then in two occasions- sales person and their special promotion orrrrrrr designer didn’t want to waste her time on “cheap” kitchen.
Happy I didn’t swallow a bait.

My fantastic laundry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

My new laundry looks fabulous the trades did a great job with the installation.

The experience dealing with Kinsman has been fantastic from first going into the Good Guys store at Penrith to inquire about a laundry and all through the process to installation the staff have been very professional and efficient, 10 out 10 for customer service. The system used to communicate with progress, payments emails etc is fantastic. Thank you so much for making the process so easy, will definitely be back when I am ready to update my kitchen.

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Bev,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a 5 star review. We love getting the positive feedback and are thrilled that you are happy with your new laundry.

MELTON SOUTH

An extremely disappointing experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

We chose Kinsman Kitchens after a very convincing sales pitch and nice designs from one of their designers. Unfortunately the positive experience ends there.
1. Until you make your final payment, expect frequent reminders that you have a payment due and then... nothing. Not even a call to confirm a delivery which was booked 8 weeks previously in an effort to curb the incessant calls and messages.
2. You can only view messages by logging into their online system. An unnecessary step when dealing with time-poor individuals.
3. The delivery guys are factory workers, delivering kitchens is not their day job and some of them are not up the challenge. As a result both my pantry and bench tops had to be unpacked in the driveway. Not ideal when you're not ready for the kitchen and still demolishing walls!
3. The instructions are confusing and most cabinets require some from of improvisation to put them together. A few more drilled holes would go a long way.
4. There are no installation instructions, infact they don't even tell you how to attach the side panels, nor do they provide enough screws.
5. In response to my enquiry above, I was told to consult a licensed tradesperson - isn't the whole point of DIY that you can do it yourself?
6. My email to the manager last week has yet to receive a response, hence posting in a public forum.
7. At the end of all this, let's hope the damn thing fits.
Disappointing experience, not to be repeated. From what I've heard, Bunnings do a decent job, provide adequate instructions and charge less. Wish I'd read some reviews prior to purchase. Avoid at all costs!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Catherine,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. I have sent you a private message.

Kinsman Kitchens

Good experience and a great result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

The designer was very helpful and guided us so well. The installation process was smooth and we had a lovely installer with excellent skills. We’re very pleased with the quality of the materials and how our beautiful kitchen meets all our needs.

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We love hearing about a customers 5 star experience. We hope that you enjoy your kitchen for many years to come.

Kinsman Kitchens.

Copacabana NSW

Verified Customer

The entire process from 'go to whoa' was easy, pleasant and professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

At the outset from an enquiry in Goodguys, the Kinsman team—whether from sales, design, administration or their selected tradesmen/services—were a pleasure to deal with.
Our designer spent a considerable amount of time in offering potential design solutions in what was a relatively difficult room layout to accomodate our requirements, but what we wanted was achieved.
From there, all proposed timelines in the process were met or beaten.
The online personal portal was a valuable tool for enquiries and other communication. All of the physical work was performed by tradesmen who were well coordinated by by the Site Checker and they showed up when expected and produced excellent workmanship in all cases.
We are very pleased with our new kitchen and most happy with our choice of Kinsman Kitchens to provide the service!

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Graham R, Thank you for sharing this five-star review! We love hearing stories of satisfied customers like yourself. Receiving comments like yours really make us love what we do, and we’... read more »

We are thrilled!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

We are thrilled with our new kinsman kitchen. The designer was extremely helpful and patient in helping us achieve the vision we had. She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our final decision. From start to finish everything went as smoothly as possible and everyone that was involved in the process was friendly and professional. We would recommend using kinsman to anyone wanting to take the stress out of a renovation with the guidance of professionals.

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Erin and Greg, Thank you for you amazing review. We love hearing all the amazing kitchen stories from our customers and that their kitchen experience was quick, seamless and professional with ... read more »

Canberra

Utterly hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Where to begin... The CAD design wasn't physically possible to install as drawn, which left us with a suboptimal installation. Their installer charged $2,000 for a single day's work for one person... One of the cabinet fronts isn't the right colour and a month after raising it they still haven't done anything to rectify it. Some warranty. Avoid at all costs.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi James,

We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been as expected. I have sent you a private message.

• 1 comment
Private message

Can’t even keep an appointment!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

After visiting their showroom, and explaining about being let down by another designer, the Kinsman sales assistant assured they would be a far superior service so we booked an in home appointment, they advised they would contact the day before the appointment to confirm, however no call was received. We had the appointment booked for 7PM the following evening and expected to see the designer feeling fairly excited about the potential design. We decided after an hour that obviously the Kinsman designer had decided not to show.
From this experience, I believe either Kinsman have a very low respect for their potential customers or their employees don’t believe in the companies values and ethics.
My major grievance is that I explained how frustrated I was with a previous experience with a designer and even though my concerns were written down by the sales assistant, it made no difference to how I was treated. Frustrated and disgusted with the whole experience.
I have now contacted the head office to explain the situation and the excuse I received from a uncaring employee was that the sales assistant in the store had failed to confirm the appointment booking on the computer. Her way of apologising to a potential customer was to recommend another booking, but offered no assurances that this would definitely happen. She failed to show and remorse or understanding of how we felt and just reiterated that another appointment could be made.
Very poor customer service, I shall advise my friends and family not to entertain Kinsman.

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi pwastie,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Kinsman. I have sent you a private message.

Kinsman Kitchens.

Verified Customer

A company that work with you!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I had an interstate tight budget and time-framed kitchen renovation. They were able to accommodate my last minute booking with a designer, fast-track the process and, when demolition reveal pipes in the wrong place, provide cost and time effective solutions which did not delay the installation with minimum added cost. The design and installation teams did a great job resulting in a bright spacious and functional kitchen.

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Grace, Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that we were able support you in your new kitchen journey and that we rectified any concerns that were raised. We wish you the best with your ne... read more »

Perfection!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I have nothing but praise for all involved with my new Kinsman kitchen. The design is great, fits perfectly and is fabulously functional. Turnaround from delivery, installation, stone measure and installation, to me being able to cook again was extremely quick. One cupboard door had a small mark on it which was replaced within a couple of days. Our Installer and his tradies were fabulous, when they advised a time, they were there and cleaned up after themselves. A Big Thank You Kinsman.

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Jillian, We appreciate the time taken to review our company and service. We are happy to hear that you have a functional and fabulous kitchen. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a qua... read more »

Melbourne

• 5 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Wasted time - because they can't keep an appointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Made appointment two weeks before to get a Saturday appointment. Turned up for my appointment to find out there is no designer or anyone who can help me. Drove over an hour to get to the appointment where I could see the wardrobe only to be met with a really useless sales person and no designer.
They said they called the day before - when I was working and couldn't get a hold of me - so they cancelled. My only day off is now wasted.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kinsman Kitchens Official

Hi Ally,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our company. I have sent you a private message.

Regards