Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I am very disappointed with this product.. it doesn’t work properly the top part of the machine keep jumping and making funny noise.
I went back to kitchen warehouse from where I’ve purchased it and they told me I have to deal directly with kitchenaid company. I feel just frustrated.. I still don’t know what will happen next. Tomorrow I will call them and I will see...

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Started out loving, now its just a constant reminder of poor product quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I liked the KitchenAid Artisan KSM150. It has a clunky industrial feel and is a noisy wobbly beast but I liked it. It is a great mixer for making dough and pastry and mixing liquids. I find the dough hook and bowl a bit big for smaller jobs, 500g of flour for a dough or pizza base will just end up clumped on the hook, whereas 1kg upwards it does a great job.
The attachments are good and the bowl and various hooks, whisks or good quality.

Sadly from day one the on/off speed switch was a bit tricky and lacked definite positioning between speed settings. I was assured this was normal and part of the clunky industrial feel, however it slowly deteriorated to the point that in the off position, the smallest pressure on the switch would see it leap dangerously to nearly full speed, a real finger and hand crusher. In my usual lackadaisical way I’ve put up with this as the nearest service center for warranty return is 100km away (400km round trip). I also missed the free replacement in 12months offered by Myer Bendigo who sold me the unit (I didn't know about it). So once I recover from my hand accident I have a long drive to Melbourne to get it fixed and a long dive back again a week later, 400kms to tighten a screw in the switch that should never have come loose.
So my advice, buy a mixer made in Germany or Japan , not the USA. Unless 1960 tech and build quality is the order of your day. And watch those fingers!

Perth

• 9 helpful votes

Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Great Mixer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Purchased this mixer as a present for my partner. It works great and is easy to use. Haven't had any issues with the mixer so far. It also looks great in silver matching all other appliances in the kitchen. Really happy with the product it's a great addition in the kitchen.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from customers on their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to ... read more »

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

So far, excellent. But.....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

We've only had our KitchenAid KSM 160 Artisan for two weeks, and so far we're very happy with the mixer itself. The two attachments we bought: the meat/food grinder, and the pasta roller are also very good albeit very over-priced. You can buy a high-quality manual pasta machine with all the cutting attachments and extras for well under $150, but for a KitchenAid pasta roller on its own was $150 and if we want to get the various cutters, they're about the same price each, and the ravioli maker is over $220. Those are stupid prices.

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

So good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Super easy to use and easy to clean. Im a home baker and now I cant live without this. I would definitely recommend this mixer. When adding dry or wet ingredients on a low level, it doesn't fly out of the bowl. This is amazing.

• 5 helpful votes

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2007

Love Love Love this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My husband bought this while back.
Recently he bought a new pasta maker attachment and mincemeat attachment.
Love the machine. Last long, durable and multi-task with the new attachments.
Good mixes for cakes and dough hook is fantastic.
Additional attachments are around $200 each.

Only negative thing is I wish the bowl is a bit bigger.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Highly recomend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Love my mixer just brilliant, works so well it is perfect for my needs have been using it so much and find its a lot quicker then the cheap mixer i had from Target, love the fact also i can get other attachments so will be getting them over time very happy customer here. I like having the big bowl as can make bigger batches when needed in the few weeks i have owned it i have been making cakes, icing, whipped cream, scones just to name a few could not live with out my KitchenAid now thank you

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Hillside, Vic

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Best mixer ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Purchased from Myer Highpoint.Staff very helpful. Product performs a lot better then the previous Smeg. Only comes with glass mixing bowl but the stainless steel bowls were on special so purchased them also. It's very quiet but powerfully. Mixing blades reach the bottom of bowl so you can beat even 1 or 2 eggs comfortably. Amazing mixer. Wife loves her kitchenaid.

Grafton

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Really disappointed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

The head hub was a little bit wobble. And the bowl was loose quite much. I dialed 1800. I was told that because the speed that I used a little higher.Anyway the service was excellent. They offered the warranty free repair for us. After they found out that there was no repair center near my town. They organised free pick up and delivery for us. It only took 2 days, everything has been organised. Excellent service.

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

An indispensable tool in the kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

This is a powerful machine that runs reasonably quietly. I have the three pasta rollers with which I make gluten free pasta, the sausage maker and the mincer. I also have the icecream maker which is fabulous all year round for creamy icecream desserts. The mixing bowls are ample for double cake batches. The glass bowl is wonderful for whipping egg whites.
My old KitchenAid has gone to the holiday house. Can't wear it out.

• 1 comment

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Like a supermodel. Nice to look at but not always practical

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

I've always wanted one of these so saved up for ages. Given the HUGE expense compared to other mixers I presumed it would blow my socks off however in reality I've been very underwhelmed. For starters I was shocked at how heavy it is so taking it in and out of cupboards is heavy work. Secondly the up/down beater head function is on one side and the speed button on the other side rather than both easy access on one side only which needs to be considered when prepping. Thirdly the bowl is supposed to twist into place however again this took real muscle power and wasn't as easy as it should be. Fourthly I noticed there was cake mix on the side of the bowl AND in the bottom of the bowl which meant I had to stop mixing and scrape down the bowl to ensure thorough mixing so the mixer attachment isn't that thorough. The machine itself looks absolutely gorgeous mine is empire red and sure looks regal however if you are disabled or infirm and don't have much muscle strength forget it - it's like lifting a tank. In summary it's not worth the big bucks IMO - the marketing and look of it hooked me in. A prime example of try before you buy if you can.

Purchased at: Groupon

• 1 helpful vote

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Best Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I think its one of the best machine it been a year now that i bought the machine from www.catchthedeal.com.au (Catch the deal) with the great deal plus bonus attachments in such a low price the machine works much better than the other cheap one it's a one time investment but such a relief works smoothly with no much noise, i mainly use it for the dough.. i saved my money specially for this and its worth it for the price $630 with slicer and shredder......SO HAPPY with the purchase. Thanks for the deal guys.

Purchased at: Catch The Deal

wonthaggi

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Not happy with this machine Wanted one for ages finally saved up enough money First time I used it the mixer wouldn't spin and made terrible noise with smoke coming out rang kitchenAid they were nice and said send it back and we will repair it I`m sorry first use and doesn't work and they want to repair it??? Rang shop where I purchased and they are swapping for a new one Hope the new one works better

• 3 answers

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Love my mixer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

I use my mixer at least 4 times a week. I find the bowls ( I have the glass and the metal) are a great size. The bowl scraper attachment is great. The motor runs smoothly even after 10 minutes of kneading brioche dough. I would be lost without it. Have had it for nearly 5 years now and it is still like new.

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2012

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

I have had this mixer for five years. I have a number of attachments including pasta maker, pasta extruded, grain mill, ice cream maker, sausage maker, mincer, fruit juicer, and so on.

Frankly it is used all the time and performs superbly. The funny thing is that a daughter bought one and I suggested there were better mixers on the market. I was wrong.

The motor is strong enough for pretty well all domestic use. The size of the bowl is adequate. The attachments are all used and save a lot of time.

I highly recommend this machine

Purchased at: David Jones

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: May 2018

Good products

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I brought this for my partner and she has already used it a couple of times and she loves it - I also got her an attachment that goes with the Kitchen aid - this came with a promotion, whish was good - and she is that excited that we brought another attachment - now she wants to buy more of the attachments that are available.

Thornlie

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Poor Effort from Customer Service - Redemption Promotion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Purchased the KSM160 in April during a promotion period and claimed the redemption for an attachment online the very next day. Received a confirmation at the completion of the submission informing that I would receive my item in 8-10 weeks. Waited till now, no item received. Called KitchenAid customer service to follow up and told that my redemption was never received and there is nothing that will be done and as the redemption period is over.

Given all the details I provided during the call - all confirmed to be what occurs during a redemption claim and everything meeting the requirements of the redemption - they are not willing to look into my claim or why the redemption was not received (technical error etc).

Disappointing as I had waited to purchase my mixer on a promotion and thought that a company with their reputation would look after their customers especially considering the amount of money that is spent on an appliance.

Surely some sort of resolution could have been made not just, sorry the redemption period is over.

Purchased at: Myer

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Love my KitchenAid stand mixer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I bought my stand mixer almost 2 years ago and love it. It came with various beaters, whisks, hooks and an ice cream maker. Apart from using it for making the usual baking/dough mixes, I use it for making fresh pasta with the pasta press and roller attachments that I bought separately. I have also recently bought the food processor attachment, which can shred, slice, dice and julienne in no time. I’ve also bought the grinder and sausage attachments but have yet to try them. All in all, a very versatile machine with a powerful motor. It does get hot, as you would expect, but I’ve made 2 batches of pasta back to back without any trouble. There is a bit of movement when kneading firm dough, which alarmed me the first time it happened but nothing untoward happened and I’m careful with my dough mixes now. The stand and attachments are pricey but, to me, seem like a good investment as they are well made and deliver every time.

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: KSM155 Artisan Date Purchased: Oct 2009

fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

i bought my kitchen aid in 2009 so coming up to 10 years it has been through a lot of work but still is great. So easy to use, especially if you are a baker. would highly recommend. never really needed other attachments they seem too expensive and i wouldn't use a pasta maker or ice cream maker much.

Purchased at: David Jones

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Emma, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from customers on their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter t... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Perfect in everyway

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

My wife and myself purchased the kitchenaid after our last mixer died. The kitchaid has been through the hoops in making well over 100 birthday cakes, making bread and even mincing alot of meat and its still going strong and i cannot fault it 1 single bit. This is one unit that has exceeded my expectations and is unreal

Purchased at: The Good Guys

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Amanda, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from customers on their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter... read more »

1 of 12 pages