• 3 comments
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: May 2018

Good products

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I brought this for my partner and she has already used it a couple of times and she loves it - I also got her an attachment that goes with the Kitchen aid - this came with a promotion, whish was good - and she is that excited that we brought another attachment - now she wants to buy more of the attachments that are available.

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Poor Effort from Customer Service - Redemption Promotion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Purchased the KSM160 in April during a promotion period and claimed the redemption for an attachment online the very next day. Received a confirmation at the completion of the submission informing that I would receive my item in 8-10 weeks. Waited till now, no item received. Called KitchenAid customer service to follow up and told that my redemption was never received and there is nothing that will be done and as the redemption period is over.

Given all the details I provided during the call - all confirmed to be what occurs during a redemption claim and everything meeting the requirements of the redemption - they are not willing to look into my claim or why the redemption was not received (technical error etc).

Disappointing as I had waited to purchase my mixer on a promotion and thought that a company with their reputation would look after their customers especially considering the amount of money that is spent on an appliance.

Surely some sort of resolution could have been made not just, sorry the redemption period is over.

Purchased at: Myer

Brisbane

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Love my KitchenAid stand mixer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I bought my stand mixer almost 2 years ago and love it. It came with various beaters, whisks, hooks and an ice cream maker. Apart from using it for making the usual baking/dough mixes, I use it for making fresh pasta with the pasta press and roller attachments that I bought separately. I have also recently bought the food processor attachment, which can shred, slice, dice and julienne in no time. I’ve also bought the grinder and sausage attachments but have yet to try them. All in all, a very versatile machine with a powerful motor. It does get hot, as you would expect, but I’ve made 2 batches of pasta back to back without any trouble. There is a bit of movement when kneading firm dough, which alarmed me the first time it happened but nothing untoward happened and I’m careful with my dough mixes now. The stand and attachments are pricey but, to me, seem like a good investment as they are well made and deliver every time.

Melbourne

• 1 question

Model: KSM155 Artisan Date Purchased: Oct 2009

fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

i bought my kitchen aid in 2009 so coming up to 10 years it has been through a lot of work but still is great. So easy to use, especially if you are a baker. would highly recommend. never really needed other attachments they seem too expensive and i wouldn't use a pasta maker or ice cream maker much.

Purchased at: David Jones

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Perfect in everyway

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

My wife and myself purchased the kitchenaid after our last mixer died. The kitchaid has been through the hoops in making well over 100 birthday cakes, making bread and even mincing alot of meat and its still going strong and i cannot fault it 1 single bit. This is one unit that has exceeded my expectations and is unreal

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 2 answers

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: May 2016

More than a mixer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

It took a while and a lot of research but I bought the KitchenAid Ksm160. It comes with 2 bowls so if you need to mix two things like egg whites and batter you don’t have to muck about with transferring to different bowls and the washing it etc. Also the attachments sold me. I have the ice cream bowl, the mincer, the vegetable slicer and grater plus the spiraliser atttachment. I’ve made bread, pizza bases using the dough hook, beaten many cake batters and whisked a tone of eggs. I see this as more than a mixer and am very happy with my purchases. Looking forward to seeing what new attachments they bring out.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Aaron, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate customer feedback! Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Perfect appliance - terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

The bowl, the motor, the mixing is awesome. Customer service is the worst I ever encountered. 25 days to respond to an email and still waiting another 20 days later for another response. I would never again choose this product based on the level of customer service. Paying top dollar I not only expect a product that is fantastic (which it is) I expect a level of service.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Bonnie, we are sorry to hear about your experience, can you please forward your email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au and we will be able to help you. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Poor Customer Service Christmas Promotion

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

Purchased a mixer as a Christmas gift on the understanding that there was a Christmas promotion of a complementary attachment via redemption. Being a Christmas gift it wasn't opened until Christmas day and there was no redemption paperwork in the package. When we returned from our Christmas break I found the online lodgement and submitted the redemption claim on 3 Jan 2018. The reply from Kitchenaid 3 weeks later was that I missed the cutoff for redemption as it closed 31 December 2017. There were only 3 business days between Christmas Day and the close of redemption.
The terms of the promotion (ie stating close of promotion on 31 Dec) were not displayed on the website I purchased from at the time and were not forwarded to me via either the supplier or Kitchenaid.
Despite 3 phone calls to Kitchenaid I still have no reply so next stop is ACCC I think.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Anthony, can you please send your Stand Mixer's serial number to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au along with your contact details and we will speak to our Customer Service Manager about your redemption claim. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

The serial number and details were supplied 6 weeks ago and still resolution of the issue from KitchenAid. According to Consumer Affairs Victoria advice I have a valid claim for KitchenAid to hono... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Nov 2017

All models release a toxic aluminium powder from their components

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Bought this product 3 months ago. The whisker is made from an unstable aluminium alloy which releases a toxic powder when touched. KitchenAid are refusing a refund despite photo evidence as they do not want to admit to selling a faulty product. Would not recommend buying due to the high risk of toxicity.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Jay, Can you please forward your emails to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au and we will look into this further for you. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Perth

Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great for everything / okay for baking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Great machine, seems sturdy and well put together. It works amazing for everything pastry related.
However when it comes to dough, and more specifically dough with high hydration level, then it's not the best.
The 'hook' used for kneading works well only with normal hydration dough.
A better choice would be to get the pro or commercial which I think have a 'spiral' instead of a 'hook' which is much better for kneading.
Apart from that it's been a great machine so far.

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Serious Design Defect and Terrible 0800 Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

We bought this one two weeks ago in New Zealand and it has a serious design defect. The bottom could not clamp tightly. Few seconds later after the machine operates, it moves. So when we called the customers service, we were told there is NO WARRANTY for commercial use. However, I got a piece of paper in front of me says I have 1 year warranty for commercial use. Seems like the call taker was rush to go home and kept telling me "Sorry We Are not able to help!". I gave them a call today, 9th Feb 2018, but the 0800 881 200 line says the Australian office is closed today. Apparently, this is New Zealand 0800 line, please! Hey guys, we bought this one for $1099 and this is the customer service experience we get. Don't you guys want to improve your product a little bit?

Canberra

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Awesome for dough making

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I bought this product mainly for dough making and my experience has been great so far. Machine is quite. Cleaning is also very easy. Mixing bowl is made of steel so it’s light weight and unbreakable. The machine is sturdy and comes in variety of colours. I bought silver colour and I am satisfied with the build quality and operation.

Purchased at: David Jones

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Sam, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing from customers about their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to receiv... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Extremely Disappointed with customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Was given mixer as a Christmas present, unable to claim free attachment offer via online at the time so sent a letter with a copy of my receipt explaining this, and then lodged the online claim form on the 1.1.18 which was apparently 1 day to late. Have been told by customer service sorry we can't help you, never received your letter and you are too late, any good company who cares about their customers would have handled this situation very differently. Never experienced this bad attitude from any other big company, they won't be getting any more of my business.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments
  • 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Bad quality control - I am really surprised

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Early January, I bought a new Kitchenaid stand mixer KSM160 in Majestic Yellow. I was really excited. When I went home and pulled it out of the box, I was quite surprised at how filthy the mixer was - noting it came out of a brand spanking new box that had NOT previously opened. The stand mixer was filthy and on the back neck of the mixer it was marked, like someone had opened the head up for access to the bowl so roughly before the paint had hardened that the line was through to the silver metal underneath the paint. There was also a scratch on the top. Round that point on the neck it also wasn't painted fully - it missed bits round the edges. I am really surprised it got past quality control in St Joseph, Michigan.
I returned the product to the store and they don't have any product that is not 'damaged' in similar ways. Do I ask for a credit or it is possible get a mixer that is not faulty?

I have looked at other colours and it looks like they sent out a bad run on majestic yellow. All I want is a majestic yellow one, warranting the cost of the mixer - painted properly and undamaged - they are expensive in Australia!! The question is can Kitchenaid Australia help out, or I need to contact Fair Trading and get a refund?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, We would appreciate you contacting our Customer Service Team who will be able to help with warranty and replacement. You can reach them at enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au, or 1800 990 990 (landl... read more »

Feb 23 3:38pm - out of office voicemail is on, even though said to close at 5pm??

Voicemail has updated to shutting 3pm Friday - good start thank you!

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Fantastic product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Love this mixer, I use it every week to make muffins and bread and it is just superb! It is expensive but it it the best! All the parts are very good quality, can't live without it! Very easy to use and clean, very robust, perfect size as I bake a lot. Highly recommended, had it for almost 4 years and still going strong. Great product!

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Marih, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from customers. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to receive recipes, offers and updat... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM156 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

A kitchen essential.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

This mixer saves so much time, and it's very easy to use. The spiraliser attachment in particular is great, and so far the KSM156 has easily handled everything from making dough to spiralising hard veggies like carrots.
Its size and weight would be my only complaints - not super practical for apartment living.

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Alex, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from customers. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to receive recipes, offers and update... read more »

Crows Nest, NSW

Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Not convinced of longevity and sturdiness

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

I recently bought a brand new KSM150 to make bread regularly and was under the impression this was fit for purpose. I also purchased the matching glass bowl & spiraliser attachment. However after a few batches I am skeptical of the longevity of the product, the mixer head shakes and moves while kneading dough, the glass bowl is very hard to fit and screw to the mixer compared to the stainless bowl and the ring on the bottom of the glass bowl is almost impossible to remove once it's been screwed on then lock in stand mixer.

Purchased at: eBay

Verified Purchase

Perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I couldn't be happier with my mixer as it is perfect with all my baking. It comes with three attachments plus free ice cream maker. The unit itself is very stable and I can do other things while it's mixing. The Empire red colour also is gorgeous and suits all my red colour kitchen equipment.

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Ghia, Thank you for your review! Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to receive offers, recipes and updates. You can sign up here; https://kitchenaid.com.au/sign-up
Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2017

A pair of extra hands!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

After much research I decided to go ahead and purchase my first Kitchenaid mixer. As a homesteader, and farmer there are just some pieces of equipment I can’t live without, and this is one. It is up there with the milking machine and tractor. I have now enjoyed this machine for five months and felt it was time to write a review. I love it! I couldn’t live with out it. I make butter every day, and bread and dough every day. I now enjoy the pasta attachments and the kids love the pasta. The mincer is great when I don’t want to drag out my big machine which I use for mincing 100 kg or more. The attachment Is strong but for smaller quantities, as it would just take longer, that’s all. Today we ordered the ice cream attachment, despite some negative reviews I read. Why, well I found the customer service was so good when I first purchased my mixer that I trust that they will provide support should I have problems. I hope you enjoy and value yours as much as I do mine. It is also beautiful, and as I spend a lot of time in the kitchen it helps if you enjoy your surroundings.

Purchased at: KitchenAid

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from customers about their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter t... read more »

Gold Coast

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

I purchased my pink KitchenAid Stand Mixer last year and its been the best purchase so far!
Love my mixer, beats most of the other ones I have had!
The warranty on the mixer is better than I expected.
I would recommend this product to all my friends and family.

1 of 12 pages