Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Jammed beater first time used

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Well the beater is jammed on first use so not happy
What more can I say?
Irritated beyond belief now I have to take it back to shop
I purchased three at the same time so I hope when I now have to open the boxes which were Christmas presents that I can put them back in ant the beaters aren’t jammed

• 4 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Sep 2018

One month, 3 uses and it won't turn on. Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

My kitchenaid turns one month old today. So far I have made 1 batch of butter cream icing, 1 cheese cake and half a chocolate cake. I say half because it won't turn on any more.
Whemb it did work.. The motor is extremely noisy, very clunky. The speed of the blade is not consistent,, it speeds up and slows down all the time. But now it won't turn on so it's one hll of an expensive paper weight who would have thought it can't even make 3 items?

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Dec 2017

My Wife loves it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

This mixer the cathedral i call it due to it being very flashy and very, very heavy it something i am happy with. The Cheese and Kisses loves it, it does everything she want with easy. I am no longer the Kitchen Aid!
It is good for me as i can use her old cheap mixer, so win, win!

Purchased at: Kogan.com

The Entrance NSW 2261

• 2 questions
  • 5 answers

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Only one word for my KSM160 KitchenAid Stand Mixer - PERFECT!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

This mixer is certainly one to be extremely happy with. I'm so, so happy I bought mine - I always wanted one of these but I had to save for it. It is worth it's weight in gold!
I've been baking now for my family for approx. 45 years & the performance of this mixer has no comparison with any other I've ever used. This machine is amazing!!
I'm yet to buy some of the attachments, but for now I'm happy to have this mixer.
Coming with 2 size bowls makes things so much easier too!
The only negative thing I can say about my KitchenAid KSM160 Stand Mixer is, "I waited too long to buy this.
I'm honoured to highly recommend this machine. If you haven't got one yet; don't waste more of your time...go get one ASAP!!!

Palm Beach

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great for the avid cook

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I had been wanting one of these for a long time & I finally lashed out & got one. I absolutely love it, it makes cooking a breeze. It has quite a few speed options which are great, but just make sure you have the cover on if you are using a higher speed, otherwise there may be a bit of mess. There are a great range of accessories which can do almost anything & the fact that it came with two different size bowls makes baking a breeze. I highly recommend.

Springwood

• 2 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Satisfied!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I love this product, and have used it to make lots of batters and doughs. The option for other separate attachments for the machine is a huge plus, and makes everything easier. I also find myself using the meat grinder attachment often. One huge con however is the weight of the appliance, but its' functionality makes up for it. Overall it's a great stand mixer, and worth the investment.

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Purchased my machine a week ago and when I used it for the first time it emitted a loud, continuous, screeching noise and tiny shards of metal landed in my cake mix. I have waited for years to purchase one of these machines as to me Kitchen Aid has always been the “holy grail” of mixers. I couldn’t believe that I had received a “dud”! However I have been very impressed by Kitchen Aid Customer Service, extremely prompt and helpful.

Sydney, NSW

Verified Purchase Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

The best looking appliance out there!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

We purchased our gorgeous Candy Apple Red KitchenAid KSM170 Stand Mixer two weeks ago and we're in love. What a sturdy and good looking kitchen appliance. Easy to use and highly functional, we're happy with our investment! We've tried many different brands over the years and they don't seem to withstand the test of time so we're hopeful this beauty will.

We've also just purchased the meat grinder attachment (the other attachments are quite expensive and some [the food processor] don't look overly functional on YouTube reviews...) and can't wait to try that out. But so far as the mixer goes, we're impressed. It's easy to simply say "but it's just a stand mixer" yet it's really so much more than that. It's an icon and a focal point in our kitchen, and more importantly, it's helped me to uncover a new found love of cooking and baking.

Thanks KitchenAid!

Regards,
Proud parents of Ruby - she's an absolute gem! ;)

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Love this product so far. I haven't had it long but have made cakes and buns. Works perfectly both the beater and the dough hook. Have always wanted one and has lived up to expectations. My daughter in-law has had one now for 18yrs with no problems plus my daughter has had one for 2yrs, both love theirs. They are heavy, 10kgs but after all they are meant to sit on your bench. Recommend this product.

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jan 2018

easy to use, i love to use it with my grandaiughter

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

it is a very good mixer and very strong. my grandaiughter made the cookies with it and very easy to use. I hope to make more in the future. it is easy to clean and the colour is the same like all my appliances. ther are also alot of heads that i can use

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Port Adelaide, SA

Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Apr 2016

It's a tat load but mixes well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

I've made cakes, cookies and bases in this fantastic mixer. It's super easy to use and super easy to clean just lift up and out and off you go! Very pleased and love I mean really love the colour as it has that pop. The only problem we have is its a little loud

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Model: KSM156 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Works well.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

I have various attachments for this mixer and use the drum kit for grating and shredding the most. It is expensive and I would have kept adding to this, but a bad experience with aftercare turned me away from the brand so I no longer buy kitchen aid. Expensive products like this that dont followup with good aftercare are not worth the price premium

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I am very disappointed with this product.. it doesn’t work properly the top part of the machine keep jumping and making funny noise.
I went back to kitchen warehouse from where I’ve purchased it and they told me I have to deal directly with kitchenaid company. I feel just frustrated.. I still don’t know what will happen next. Tomorrow I will call them and I will see...

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

john.r.harvey@gmail.com, victoria

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Started out loving, now its just a constant reminder of poor product quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I liked the KitchenAid Artisan KSM150. It has a clunky industrial feel and is a noisy wobbly beast but I liked it. It is a great mixer for making dough and pastry and mixing liquids. I find the dough hook and bowl a bit big for smaller jobs, 500g of flour for a dough or pizza base will just end up clumped on the hook, whereas 1kg upwards it does a great job.
The attachments are good and the bowl and various hooks, whisks or good quality.

Sadly from day one the on/off speed switch was a bit tricky and lacked definite positioning between speed settings. I was assured this was normal and part of the clunky industrial feel, however it slowly deteriorated to the point that in the off position, the smallest pressure on the switch would see it leap dangerously to nearly full speed, a real finger and hand crusher. In my usual lackadaisical way I’ve put up with this as the nearest service center for warranty return is 100km away (400km round trip). I also missed the free replacement in 12months offered by Myer Bendigo who sold me the unit (I didn't know about it). So once I recover from my hand accident I have a long drive to Melbourne to get it fixed and a long dive back again a week later, 400kms to tighten a screw in the switch that should never have come loose.
So my advice, buy a mixer made in Germany or Japan , not the USA. Unless 1960 tech and build quality is the order of your day. And watch those fingers!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 9 helpful votes

Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Great Mixer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Purchased this mixer as a present for my partner. It works great and is easy to use. Haven't had any issues with the mixer so far. It also looks great in silver matching all other appliances in the kitchen. Really happy with the product it's a great addition in the kitchen.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from customers on their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to ... read more »

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

So far, excellent. But.....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

We've only had our KitchenAid KSM 160 Artisan for two weeks, and so far we're very happy with the mixer itself. The two attachments we bought: the meat/food grinder, and the pasta roller are also very good albeit very over-priced. You can buy a high-quality manual pasta machine with all the cutting attachments and extras for well under $150, but for a KitchenAid pasta roller on its own was $150 and if we want to get the various cutters, they're about the same price each, and the ravioli maker is over $220. Those are stupid prices.

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2018

So good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Super easy to use and easy to clean. Im a home baker and now I cant live without this. I would definitely recommend this mixer. When adding dry or wet ingredients on a low level, it doesn't fly out of the bowl. This is amazing.

• 6 helpful votes

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Jul 2007

Love Love Love this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My husband bought this while back.
Recently he bought a new pasta maker attachment and mincemeat attachment.
Love the machine. Last long, durable and multi-task with the new attachments.
Good mixes for cakes and dough hook is fantastic.
Additional attachments are around $200 each.

Only negative thing is I wish the bowl is a bit bigger.

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Highly recomend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Love my mixer just brilliant, works so well it is perfect for my needs have been using it so much and find its a lot quicker then the cheap mixer i had from Target, love the fact also i can get other attachments so will be getting them over time very happy customer here. I like having the big bowl as can make bigger batches when needed in the few weeks i have owned it i have been making cakes, icing, whipped cream, scones just to name a few could not live with out my KitchenAid now thank you

Hillside, Vic

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Best mixer ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Purchased from Myer Highpoint.Staff very helpful. Product performs a lot better then the previous Smeg. Only comes with glass mixing bowl but the stainless steel bowls were on special so purchased them also. It's very quiet but powerfully. Mixing blades reach the bottom of bowl so you can beat even 1 or 2 eggs comfortably. Amazing mixer. Wife loves her kitchenaid.

1 of 13 pages