Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Loving our Koala mattress!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

We’ve had our king koala mattress for 6 months and it’s a god send! Best thing we ever bought! Love the support and firmness. Thinking about chucking out our spring mattress in our guest room and replacing it with a new koala mattress!!

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks for your feedback George :)

Fantastic mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

My koala mattress is very comfortable and is one of the best supportive mattress I have had. My mattress is made very durable no problems. This has been the best mattress purchase I have made, so comfortable and it’s not hot at all.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks for your feedback Ben :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

We Just Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

This is the most comfortable mattress we’ve bought. I didn’t believe it could be both soft and firm as advertised. But it is. We just love it. The mattress allows us both to sleep soundly without disturbing each other. I’ve never been so reluctant to get up in the morning....

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks for your feedback Jef :)

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

My tenant's words: "totally awesome".

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I bought a Koala Mattress for my tenant as I wanted a comfortable, durable mattress that wouldn't cost the earth. Her assessment "totally awesome!"
Delivery time was rapid and accurate. Great product. Great service

Comments
Koala Official

So happy she loves it!

Muswellbrook

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

No Returns Here!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Read a lot of reviews from independent sites about the Koala mattress and did quite a bit of research. The fact that Koala offer a huge 4 months no questions asked return and 10 year warranty AND help the environment/our Koalas, I thought worth a try...
It is absolutely worth a try! I wont ever go back to the typical expensive spring mattresses ever again!!
Koala mattress is cool to sleep on during hot nights, it's like sleeping on a perfect cloud and don't feel partner rolling over. Don't feel cramped shoulder anymore being a side sleeper
Recommending all friends and family
Who would have thought I could love sleep more?
The Online chat feature is very good and the staff are very polite and act with integrity. Huge Thanks, Very Happy Sleepers

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks Lauren for your feedback :)

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Comfortable mattress, however I have had a similar issue! I have unwrapped the mattress and it has a big yellow stain in the middle. It looks used.
I found the service very fast

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Koala Official

Hi Shane, that definitely sounds like a manufacturing fault! None of the mattresses we send out are used, and shouldn't have this colouring. Please email photos to support@koala.com, we'll pick up the faulty mattress, and send over a brand new one :)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Koala mattress is excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

This mattress is great. No more waking up stiff as a board. Always get a good sleep. Apart from some delivery hassle because we live in the sticks its been excellent

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks Terry for your feedback :)

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Did not disappoint!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I had spent months researching similar products all of which seem to promise the same thing. I finally took the plunge and purchased a koala mattress and am so glad i did! It is heaven. From the very first night i can confidentally say ive been sleeping better.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks Kimberley, for your feedback :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Absolutely love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I have been thinking about buying one of these for over a year and finally took the plunge. I only wish I'd done it earlier - this mattress is fantastic. Hip and shoulder pain I had been experiencing is now gone after sleeping on the koala mattress for about a week. Highly recommend! This mattress (queen size) was for my spare room and I have also bought a king size for our main bedroom it is that good. Thanks Koala, great same day service also!

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you for sharing your improved sleep!

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

It's great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

It's a great item and I saved and saved so very happy to finally be a part of the Koala family. Love how my husband and I aren't constantly feeling each other move around. It's firm but soft all in one.

Comments
Koala Official

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Supreme comfort at an affordable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I was hesitant about switching from a spring mattress but can honestly say I have had absolutely no regrets. The mattress is a perfect blend of firm and soft, I thought it felt too soft when it first arrived but it's incredibly supportive. Delivery was easy and quick and all at a fantastic price

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you Mercedes for your feedback :)

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Wow about time!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Our Koala mattress has been amazing a real positive difference to in our sleep and no more back pain. We love our mattress so much that we bought my parents one and they absolutely love it. We have recommended it to family and friends.

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you Paulette for sharing your feedback, and for your support :)

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

It's a good mattress, however there is a big problem!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

It's a good mattress, very comfortable and easy to install. The shipment is fast, after I paid in 4 days the mattress arrived. However, my surprise was when I opened the box. The mattress have two big stains in the middle. I liked the koala mattress but I can't recommend a product that arrived used or faulty. Sorry. There is a link with photos: https://goo.gl/zziFEC

Comments
Koala Official

We're so sorry to hear that you received a faulty mattress! We would NEVER sell a used mattress. In fact, all returned mattresses are donated through Givit to charities across Australia. Good news ... read more »

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Like sleeping on a cloud

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I haven't had this mattress for long but so far I'm extremely happy with it. It is firm without being uncomfortable and supports my body in all the right places. I wake up feeling rested and no longer get pain in my back and hips.

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you so much for your feedback :)

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Terrible Back Pain

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

This mattress gives me terrible back pain. Turns out the first one we was sent was faulty and had massive dents in the foam and the company replaced it with a new one quickly which was good but I’m still getting extremely bad back pain from it as it’s too soft. In the process of trying to sell it and buy a inner spring Mattress again. Pretty dissapointed as I spent $1200 on it.

Comments
Koala Official

Hi Michelle, we're so sorry that our mattress ultimately wasn't for you. If you are within the 120 night trial, you can email us at support@koala.com for a full refund :)

The amazing customer service team has offered my a full refund. Thank you :)

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

We love our king mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Support but firm. Great for side and back sleepers. We live at the beach and are very active so this is perfect to rest our muscles. Have been recommended to all our friends.

Comments
Koala Official

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Dipping :(

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I loved my koala at first but now I’m worried where me and my husband lie the mattress has developed large dips - it’s still firm in the Centre but has large dents where we lie. You can feel them when you lie down. The Centre is still firm. We are not large people :) I’m wondering if I should turn it over or something else to help ?

Comments
Koala Official

Hi Tina, this sounds like a manufacturing fault, and good news is every customer has 10 Year Full Warranty! If you email the photos to support@koala.com, we will pick up the faulty mattress, and send you a brand new one :)

Great work Koala!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Our Koala mattress was delivered to our home over 100ks from Sydney the day after it was ordered! We love our new comfortable bed which is so easy to make up.

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you Elaine for your feedback :)

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

At long last, a good mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

We are 69 years old and have spent lots of money over the years on mattressess. Koala is so comfortable and so much easier to make with our arthritic hands. We cannot fault it.

Comments
Koala Official

We're so happy you finally found koalaty sleep Marylyn!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Ummmed and Ahhhed for months....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

It's only been three days but glad I made this purchase. Ummed and Ahhhed for months and after seeing and trying it @ Myer decided and ordered one that night. Thought it would take longer to get used to a new mattress (not a great sleeper here) yet very surprised by the results. Very Comfortable so far...

Comments
Koala Official

1 of 107 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Hi, I’m looking to buy a all foam mattress but I’m concerned in buying anything with polyurethane foam? It can cause a potential health risk and this foam is an very inexpensive foam. Also how does koala mattresses wear over time? I’ve never bought a mattress that didn’t indent where my partner and I lay. All foams regardless of what they are... will compress over time. I’m worried that this will dip too much. Also all foams contain chemicals. Is koala low allergic?

Robert D asked on Feb 21, 2018

What is the weight recommendation per person for the bed as wife and I quite heavy.

James gough asked on Feb 20, 2018

Answer this

The mattress can take about 400kgs, and has been tested using a 200kg human dummy on one side and a 50kg dummy on the other. The Koala mattress will not bend or sink in the middle, it will distribute the weight evenly :)

We are concerned about the heat the mattress will generate. My wife sleep with only a sheet over her most times, I only have one blanket. Will this mattress breath?

Peter Cooke asked on Feb 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, our unique blend of foams naturally dissipates heat, and doesn't retain moisture so it is extremely breathable :)

See all 180 questions about Koala Mattress