Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Amazing! So comfortable and luxurious!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

This is the best mattress I have ever slept on !

Comfortable night sleep! Very peaceful. I'm a light sleeper and often sense when my partner moves in the bed- I no longer feel any movement.

Amazing!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Best mattress I've ever owned. Fits my body perfectly. I've only had it a couple of week but so far so good. I also bought the pillow which is the best pillow I've ever owned. First time I've ever used a new pillow and not woken up with a sore neck. Would highly recommend.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Was great but 12 months in sagging!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

We loved the mattress to begin with. Bought just over 12 months ago, arrived quickly to the rural area where we live. I like a soft bed my husband likes it firm, this is a great compromise! We have been happy but the last 3 months there is a mountain between us with an obvious saggy/dent on either side where we obviously sleep the most. Super disappointed

Best Pillow and Mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

very comfortable mattress and love the pillow. i didn't woke up with sore hips as i slept on my side. the mattres has maintained the shape when i lay on it.

Comments
Koala Official

Yay! Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying you Koala.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Nice at first, but short lived

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

It's an ok mattress provided you don't need it for more than a year. After that, it starts to sag, fails to support and aches and pains return. The price was ok, but it's clear now I wasn't getting a great deal on something unique within the market, I just got what I paid for. I wouldn't buy it again.

Comments
Koala Official

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We really do appreciate it. It sounds like you have had a manufacturing/warranty issue. If you would like to send an email to support@koa... read more »

So comfy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Comfort and supportive for my hips and back which I suffer from arthritis. I no longer toss and turn but get a restful sleep, waking up refreshed and not tired

Purchased at: Online Computer

Comments
Koala Official

Hey Shell! I too suffer from arthritis and have noticed a marked improvement since I got my Koala. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours too.

Frankston South

• 1 review
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

It’s the ultimate comfort!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Ultimate comfort, high density foam, with no springs - I’ll never buy a Spring mattress ever again.
Even proportion; positive effects on sleep quality.
Cannot feel my partner rolling/turning over.
Peaceful sleep.
100% durable.
Medium to Firm.
Conscious company; we were offered old mattress pick up from house for a ethical cause. And a koala adoption- another conscious shopping experience I’m thrilled with.
I feel like I’ve made an amazing contribution to my health and beyond.

Comments
Koala Official

Wooo so glad you're happy!!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Just can't wait to get to bed each night

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

This is the best mattress I have slept on in the last 40 years of my adult life. I have noticed a huge improvement in quality of sleep. Packaging is a totally unique experience, make sure you have it placed over the bed when you roll it out.

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Great short term mattress - disappointing after one year

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Seeing as all the glowing recommendations are from those who have had the mattress for a few weeks, I wanted to share my experience. The first few weeks it was lovely, however after a year, my partner has completely stopped sleeping on it as it offers no lumber support. Also, a very hot and sweaty feel in the warmer months as It doesn’t breath. Prefer to spend more money on a mattress that will last for more than a year or two.

Comments
Koala Official

Hi LJM, Sorry to hear you're finding the mattress is too hot. We would really like to look into this for you, to see if what you're describing is covered in our warranty and see if there is anythin... read more »

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Love it! Never slept better and customer service was beyond amazing, very happy to recommend it you wont regret it! Even had same day delivery (and was delivered on time!)

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you, James!

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Decent, not cheap for what it is

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Decent foam mattress, good build quality. On the pricey side considering its just a bit of fancy foam at the end of the day. Definitely much better value out there. Wondering when Amazon's private label mattresses will be coming to Aus... Can't yet comment on longevity.

Comments
Koala Official

Hey Adam, Thanks for the review - we really do appreciate it. We like to think part of our point of difference is that we are 100% Australian made, as you might be aware it costs more to produce t... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

So disappointed with the bed frame and customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I bought the koala bed frame and one of the legs was broken. Not from delivery handling for sure but a defect maybe from manufacturing or just poor materials. On the same day of delivery I contacted Koala to report and had shared photos. The following day I called the customer service to arrange for pick up and refund which I had been assured of. On the day of the collection, no one came then I again called Koala to arrange for another schedule and make sure that it’s collected and guess what, nobody came to pick up the bed frame. I had arranged my work schedule based on the date and time twice but I guess Koala is only prompt in giving you excellent customer service when you are buying or just purchased the item but not when you are returning and asking for a refund!!! I need my money back to buy a new bed frame as my heavily pregnant body is in dire need of flat bed surface. I’m so disappointed with the service!

Comments
Koala Official

Hi Niz, My name is Genevieve and I am one of the managers here at Koala. I am so sorry to hear that you have had this experience. I would be disappointed myself if I had received the same. We rea... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Uncomfortable + terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Have had my Koala mattress for about 6 months and have woken up with a really sore back every day. There is also a sunken area where I usually sleep. I recently completed a warranty form online and was told I'd hear back within 3-5 days. It's now 2 weeks and I've followed up several times with the same promise of someone getting back to me and am yet to speak to a customer service consultant who can help. Extremely disappointed.

Comments
Koala Official

Hi PLR I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a delay with your warranty claim, this is not right at all, and I am wondering if you would be able to send me a message g.smith@koala.com with ... read more »

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Mattress is the best I’ve ever slept on, although I was extremely dubious when I unpacked it! My back and neck issues have virtually gone away since sleeping on the mattress, and I love the fact that my partner no longer disturbs me in the night with his tossing and turning! Great purchase wonderful delivery and returns policy. Would highly recommend.

Comments
Koala Official

Hi Di!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review we really do appreciate i. Glad to hear you are enjoying your Koala.

Sweet Dreams

#no.1mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

The Koala mattress is extremely comfortable and completely supports by back. I was a little hesitant to purchase the product but after reading hundreds of positive reviews on the product, I decided to give it a go since the current mattress I had was causing me so much grief. I have noticed a dramatic change in the quality of my sleep since using the Koala mattress and I would highly recommend it to anyone would has neck, back and hip pain and need the ultimate support and comfort.

Comments
Koala Official

Hi Mika,
So glad to hear you have noticed a positive change. Thanks for taking time to share your experience!

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Let down after a few months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I wrote a gushing review about the koala mattress a year or so ago but after a few months, it has developed a sag in the middle and is no longer as firm.

Purchased at: Koala and Tree

Comments
Koala Official

Hi Nat, Sorry to hear this is happening. If you haven't already, please get in touch with our customer support team. We would like to look into this for you and resolve the issue. 1800 K SLEEP OR ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great mattress, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I find the mattress very comfortable. My partner no longer disturbs my sleep and the pains in my hips I was getting from our old mattress have gone. I have been sleeping so much better. The feel does take some adjusting to but it doesn't take long. The mattress has also maintained it's shape perfectly. The mattress arrived within the stated time frame and was delivered direct to our door. I would definitely recommend a Koala mattress.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you, Robyn.

best nights sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

have been so comfortable and best nights sleep I've ever had since I unrolled the mattress from the box, highly recommend to people work as tradies and are sore, also those who are restless sleepers,

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks for your review! So glad you're sleeping well.

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Confusing start but excellent sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

The mattress is fantastic to sleep on. So it lived up to the advertising. I was a little frustrated with the delivery process, but this was manily third party related however still reflected on Koala (I am regional). But I would still order from them again!!

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks for your review and feedback, Terry.

Darwin

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Never slept better I absolutely love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

The Koala was recommended by a friend. Could not find a mattress I liked so took a chance. I was not disappointed. It's hard to explain its firm but not hard yet it still has a bit of give without being like memory foam. Very supportive. I don't wake up in the mornings and have to straifgten myself out pain free. I highly recommend this mattress. All my friends have tried it out with really good reveiws. I don't toss and turn trying to get comfortable. Was delivered in a few working days.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks, Eve! So glad you love it!

Indeed I do. If only there was an outlet in Darwin I could’ve sold a few.

1 of 128 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Hello, Is it possible to stack up and store 2 single mattresses at all or would it ruin them? I would like to get 2 for guests but need the space. Thank you.

Charlie B asked on Oct 18, 2018

Answer this

I bought a king size bed, and from what I can tell yes that would work fine. I think you could even sleep on top of the stacked mattresses! The mattresses could even lay on the sides and it wouldn’t compromise the quality. It’s foam, so very durable!!

Hi Can the Kaola mattress be turned over?

dmb357 asked on Oct 18, 2018

Hi there!

We recommend rotating not flipping the Koala Mattress.

Yes. It’s even got a fabric covering (machine washable) over the foam mattress with a zip all the way around for easy cleaning if needed :)

My mattress is sagging in the middle and it is causing me to have lower back pain in the mornings. I have only had it for a year. Is this normal?

Nikos G asked on Oct 11, 2018

Hi Nikos!

Thanks for taking the time to write in, this is not normal at all and sounds like a manufacturing fault. Are you able to send an email to support@koala.com with your order number and one of our team will be able to help get a new mattress out to you ASAP.

We want to get you back to sleeping peacefully all night long.

Sweet Dreams