Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

Took 4 attempts to get the mattress delivered, so that was a frustrating start but eventually Koala came through. However, the last 10 days have been very painful sleeps. I find that the mattress is too firm. I wake up with my whole body aching and major headaches. I have not had a proper night sleep since getting it.

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Pretty firm mattress and keeps cool

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

It’s 1 week in and I’m hoping I get more used to the firmness, I bought a king and my husband loves it he’s a hot sleeper and loves a firm bed so it perfect for him... I’m usually a side sleeper so I’m waking throughout the night a little uncomfortable. Fingers crossed it gets better!

Date Purchased: May 2017

hubby and i hav never slept better its fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2018

it is the best I used to turn a lot and wake hubby up he does not feel me move I am not rolling, turning all night long any more and we have only had the mattress for just over a month

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Awful cheap memory foam, terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Purchased a king size mattress, after 7 months the memory foam collapsed in several areas. Sleeping then became difficult and painful, so I contacted Koala for a replacement. This whole process was an absolute joke! Rude staff replied to my enquiry with copy and pasted replies and I was asked to submit very specific photos using a broom handle and measuring tape to measure the depth of the defects. I did this within a few days and submitted the images as requested, within a few days Koala contacted me to say my claim was denied due to the fact that they believed that I was forcing the measuring tape down into the mattress.... Now I was furious at this as there was a visable hole in the mattress without anyone even touching it! I then sent video's of me doing the measurements and of the defect itself and these apparently weren't good enough as they only accept images exactly like the 2 stock images they provide and instead of talking to me about the issue they kept sending me the same copy and pasted replies or simply ignoring me. Long story short, I finally got them to agree to replace the mattress so they organised for the pick up and delivery to happen but they used my old address when I had already supplied the new address. When I contacted them to let them know of their mistake they said it's all fixed..... Guess where the new mattress rocked up?? To my old address! Unbelievable!! I had an angry delivery driver yelling at me on the phone for not being home when I was sitting in my front room waiting for him..... I contacted Koala about this to which the girl said it's not her fault! To top it all off the new mattress smells so bad it gave me an asthma attack last night! I'm absolutely disgusted with Koala and if I could get my money back and never have to deal with them again I would 100%!! God knows why they offer a 10 year warranty when their cheap, nasty product won't even last 1 year!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: May 2018

I'm sleeping better than I used to

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Our Koala mattress is super comfortable and I'm now sleeping right through the night -- I don't notice if my partner moves about or gets out of the bed. The foam seems to not feel hot when we're lying in bed (unlike memory foam).

Aspley

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Very good mattress!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Very comfortable but had to put a memory foam top mattress to make it better. Would have preferred an option of firmness. Also, the mattress top from koala would have been appreciated.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Absolutely love love love love love the mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

The mattress is freaking amazing. Took me a couple of nights to get used to it, but it just feels so supportive, while still firm, but sleeping in a cloud. I would recommend to anyone looking for a new mattress. Hubby and I absolutely love it.

Awesome mattress, awesome company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

We love our new Koala mattress, and have slept so well since getting it. We went away a week after receiving it and couldn't wait to get home again for a decent sleep! I love that they offer a trial period, and they have very flexible delivery times, meaning I could choose a time I was at home, rather than having to take time off to be home. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Thank you Koala!

Perth

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Best mattress I have ever owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

This mattress offers perfect support without being hard or uncomfortable in any way. I did not have any issues with it being too hot. I sleep so well now no matter what position I am in and after having recent surgery I spent a lot of time on my new mattress with no pressure marks or sore spots commonly encountered. If my mattress was gone today I would buy another Koala in a second. I can't rate this product highly enough and with their trial period there is nothing to lose and a good night's sleep to gain - not to mention all of the associated health benefits. Thank you KOALA I love it.

its fabulous!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My Koala mattress is extremely comfortable and supportive and I am now getting a great nights sleep and my aching shoulder is feeling a whole lot better. Thanks heaps Koala!!!

brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Gives me hip and back pain

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I don't think this mattress is suitable for people with small frames and who are side sleepers. I wake every morning with hip and lower back pain. The only reason we didn't return it is because my husband finds it fine. I will likely revert to the cheaper mattress we bought from super a-mart for myself. The delivery is super fast.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Koala Official

Hey Li! Sorry to hear that you're uncomfortable, send us a message at support@koala.com and we can sort you out :)

Fantastic mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

This mattress is a very comfortable, sturdy and well worth the price. I love my sleep, so it killed me having to sleep on the cheap, used mattresses I could afford. Once I started earning a decent wage, I wanted to buy a new mattress as soon as I could. I now don't need any padding under me and I don't rock the entire bed frame when I roll over!

Very happy with this mattress, and with the company. Always happy to support a local business!

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

I love sleeping on this mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

My new mattress is comfortable a perfect fit for me. The bed doesn't get too hot like pillow top mattresses but is soft enough to feel like sleeping on a pillow top. There is no partner movement in the mattress which is wonderful. Best mattress I have owned in years.

Comments
Koala Official

Kezza thanks so much for the great review, wonderful to hear you are sleeping so well :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

So comfortable and great for sitting on

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

My previous spring mattress was getting old and when I sat in bed watching movies my back would be in a bad position. This mattress gives great support sitting up and lying down. It's so comfortable and I wake up wanting to stay in bed. It's hard to leave my mattress.

Comments
Koala Official

We find getting out of bed a little hard too Fiona haha! So happy to hear you love your Koala :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Finally, a comfortable mattress.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Our Koala mattress has lived up to it’s reputation. It’s firm but comfortable, adjusting to your body. The most winning thing for me is that I’m not woken up when my partner turns over.

Comments
Koala Official

Thats great to hear Heather! Sweet dreams :)

Great bed and service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

comfortable bed and great service by this company. would highly recommend to others. great service and easy to deal with. ads do the product justice as it is exactly what you get and easy to set up.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks for the review :)

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Fantastic can't wait to go to bed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Have had koala mattress now for one month and enjoying it tremendously. It shapes to my 73 year old body. Looking forward every night to take my koala to bed

Purchased at: Appliances Direct Online

Cooks Hill

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love my Koala

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I purchased a queen size Koala Mattress about 8 months ago and loved it almost immediately. It is firm enough for my liking, and at the same time hugs and supports me to perfection, offering excellent comfort levels.
I had looked at other mattresses and was totally confused with firmness rankings and the exorbitant prices of the better known brands.
I love my Koala so much I recently bought a single Koala mattress for my 2.5 year old granddaughter. She loves it too.
In terms of price, quality and comfort, I believe Koala mattresses are miles ahead of the opposition.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks so much for this great review! So nice to hear are loving your Koala and its wonderful that you have gifted one to your granddaughter as well :)

Finally gave in at bought a Koala Matress - haven't looked back

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I had been debating on whether or not to buy a Koala mattress as I had been seeing them online through social media. I finally gave in and bought a queen. Delivery was next day, and found it on my door step in the box. First few nights I found it difficult to get used to (coming from a super soft spring mattress). However, 3 weeks lying on it I can safely say that I'm a big advocate for it. Even my partner is obsessed with it - if it weren't for already spending $3k+ for hers she would be getting one too. The price, the service and the comfort have all been positives in my books and I have no regrets. My advice is, if you want to try it - do it, because if it really isn't the mattress for you, they have a 120-day trial and you can send it back. No harm done.

Comments
Koala Official

Tom! So great to hear you love your new mattress

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Has made a huge difference in well being

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Purchased this for our daughter who has special needs and who needs Chiropractic work done regularly. This mattress has made a huge difference to her well being. Our Chiro suggested it to us and we have both noticed that she doesn't need as much of an adjustment as before. She sits on her bed alot and usually her hips (she w sits) are out and very lopsided. This has improved dramatically. I have slept in the bed and I find it very comfortable. :)

Comments
Koala Official

Jojo this warms our hearts to hear and we really appreciate such honest feedback :)

1 of 121 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

How can I roll my Koala mattress for transporting or storage?

Jackie asked on Jul 19, 2018

Answer this

mattresses can be easily folded in half, and bound with tape or rope for moving. The mattresses are also extremely lightweight (single: 18kg King single: 22kg
Double: 27kg Queen: 31kg King: 39kg) so it's light enough for one person to move :)

How long does it take to get rid of the smell? I’m not keen on using bicarb on it and mucking with it. Three nights in and still making me nauseous!

Deb asked on Jul 15, 2018

Answer this

The smell didn't bother me but it was noticeable briefly for a few days. Maybe you are very sensitive to the particular odour.
I definitely wouldn't put bicarb or any other product on the mattress to reduce the smell. Just let it air through the day and it should be fine after a few days.
If in doubt contact Koala Mattresses and see what they can recommend.

Thank goodness the smell is slowly becoming less. I’m still having to have the windows open whenever the kids aren’t sleeping to get it to dissipate. The mattresses are too heavy for me to move them outside (up and down stairs). So will just have to put up with it till it goes.

My mattress has a bit of a dip in the middle from when I brought it out of storage folded in half. Will this go away?

SarahG asked on Jul 14, 2018