adelaide

Model: GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

very efficient fridge

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Very happy with my lg w450uplx. Relatively quiet and keeps things fresh for longer.The water dispenser is a bit cumbersome to use and i would not recommend buying the fridge with a water dispenser as it takes up space inside the fridge where 2 bottles would fit.Overall a great fridge and uses very little power compared to my old fridge

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: GB-450UPLX (Platinum) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Happy with fridge!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

I bought this fridge over 6 months ago and I'm happy with it. I think it big enough to accommodate at least 2-3 people per household. I like how the shelves are removable and adjustable. You can change the temp of the fridge or freezer and also turn of the open door sound. Its pretty easy to clean and it doesn't make much noise at all only sometimes late at night but you can't really hear it unless your in the kitchen. I also like how it has its own ice tray as well. It does leave finger marks on the surface but so does most stainless steel fridges you just wipe it off daily.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Purchase Model: GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Easy to clean
Quiet I change the temperature if I need to
It’s spacious
So happy that I bought this fridge
A lot of people told don’t buy Lg but trust nothing can beat this fridge it does have a nice finish
Bought it from Harvey Norman Taren point with the washing machine so many thanks to Andrew.

Model: GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Shocking discusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

I got this fridge in January 2018 on rent to own basis nothing but problems food in freezer kept filling with ice rang lg they sent tech guy out he took photos and said there is a problem left it for a few days rang them and the tech guy told them there wasn't a problem I argued the point with lg because at that point I had to throw all food out so lg sent another tech out, he said motherboard needs replacing job took few days to be put through. I rang lg they kept brushing me off and after all week of ringing lg they told me basically it's not there problem it is the rental company and to further add salt to my wounds they sent me an email stating they would be compensating me but renigged and are not going to compensate me I am discusted about how I've been treated by LG I will never buy an lg product ever again lg shame on you.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: GB-450UPLE (Graphite) Date Purchased: May 2018

Love my new fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

It's huge, the compartments are spacious for what we need and its easy to clean. It's not noisy and I love how you can adjust the Fridge and Freezer temperatures at the top of the fridge. You can also turn off the alarm for the door if the beeping annoys you - brilliant. I also like how the freezer as temperature settings. I've never seen that before.

Doonside

Model: GB-450UPLX (Platinum) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great fridge very versatile & value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

The fridge is great & great temperature in all compartments especially the fridge : freezer component
It’s very quiet & dont really heat it
Very easy to clean &enjoy cleaning it coz it’s a great fridge
The storage is very good & works good with a working busy family with so many different dietary requirements

Model: GB-450UWLX (White) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Great fridge . Easy to clean easy to use . Would recommend this product to everyone . Huge savings on power , maintains really good temperature thru out . Very quiet fridge . Heaps of room in both the fridge and freezer compartments . First time buyer of this particular brand , very happy

sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 question

Model: GB-450UPLX (Platinum) Date Purchased: May 2018

Absolutely perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Temperature is consistent throughout the frig and freezer. It is designed for easy cleaning and functional storage. I love the lever handle that closes the door smoothly at all times. Fantastic value for money especially with water dispenser feature. It is much quieter than any other frig I ever had

melbourn

Model: GB-450UBLX (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Amazing freez

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I bought this recently upgraded from a smaller Philips fridge which couldn't hold a lot of food the shelving is a great source of space I mainly love the temperature my old one is not to cold but this is really nice, I recommend it for anyone with a big family.

Glen Waverley

Model: GB-450UPLX (Platinum) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Just perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Yes, the vegetables, fruits & meats are kept fresh in all compartments. The chiller compartment keeps cheese, sausages and bacon lasts much longer
The condenser is so quiet that you don't hear it at all.
Each part or compartment is easily detachable for easy cleaning and it is easy to attach it back with no difficulty at all.

Model: GB-450UPLE (Graphite) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Fantastic freez

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I have used the same model at overseas and it is really one of the best refrigerator ever. LG = life is good. I teally love to use as it is combined with Inverter compressor. Excellent performance. Thanks LG. If some one really wanna buy , go for it. .......

Purchased at: Radio Rentals

Brisbane, Queensland

• 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Disapointed, very disapointed in LG

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

In the last 10 - 20 years Korean goods improved so much that now they're first point of consideration for many. I can't call myself loyal to any brand, but most of the time would give Samsung and LG priority when considering appliances as it is hard to beat their value for money.
We were looking for medium size fridge for small family (3 people). And it was hard to pass LG GB-W450UPLX for value for money and energy efficiency, and perhaps some aspects of warranty. The price was right. We ordered one.
It arrived in time and we were all excited. That was short-lived. Next day my wife pointed out that all vegetables in crisper frozen and need to be disposed. That's around $40 of produce. I jumped on LG website to call service department, but there is troubleshooting logic you need to go thru before you can log a call. Fair enough. The procedure recommended to increase temperature in the fridge. Lovely, this model has beautiful, shiny electronic temperature and other functions panel at the front and I flipped fridge temperature from +3 to +4C. On the weekend we did all our weekly shopping again and on Monday my wife tells me that all vegetables are frozen and she had to dispose them. Going thru LG guide again, increasing temperature by 1C to 5C. Well, after a month of LG recommended troubleshooting, approx $200 to $300 worth of lost food I reached maximum configurable temperature in the fridge: +7C. Nah, everything still freezes. By now LG site let me proceed thru and register alleged fault. Week later, on Saturday I got a call from someone whose English wasn't that easy to understand and was "not friendly" in general claimed that they're from LG and asked me all questions that I've already provided while logging call on LG site and said that someone will arrange an inspection within a week. Within a week LG tech came in, literally pulled the whole fridge apart and said that there is a part that is broken, was never working and he need to order one. I suggested that I waited long enough and lost enough money to actually get a new fridge as the one I got is DOA. He said that he is only a tech and I need to contact LG. Mind you, it is not that easy. After I had enough I contacted Appliances Online - the place I bought fridge from, told them the story and asked for replacement. Well, that was another rocky road as LG would not talk to them as well.
After 3 months of losses and numerous amounts of communications Appliances Online took ownership of situation and credited the purchase. Big thumbs up to Stuart from AO!
I know, we should not judge an appliance by single fault... However, I did not expect LG to be that bad in honouring something that is basic of consumer rights in Australia.
My review score based not only what I think about this particular fridge model which may not deserve that poor rating, but LG as corporation that is ultimately responsible for their products.
Based on my experience with LG I will think twice next time before considering their product. Funny I say that, because Samsung which was in my eyes not that different from LG has awesome support (from personal experience). We ended up buying similar looking Samsung fridge from the Appliances online and happy so far.

• 5 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Smart Use of Storage Space

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

We needed to replace our reliable old Samsung 488 litre due to broken shelves. Not many current model fridges would fit in our kitchen's fridge cavity without protruding excessively into the room. This was one of the shallowest we could find, but had 38 litres less volume. Our big concern was, would we still be able to fit as much into it?

Well, we can fit more! The interior storage is very smartly designed and maximises use of the available interior volume.The freezer bins store pretty much every thing we need, and a little bit more. Ideal for a family up to 4 people.
The fridge is quite, access is excellent, temperature control is easy to use, stainless steel doors do not mark. Ours does not have the water dispenser.

• 5 helpful votes

Model: GB-450UBLX (Black) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great Fridge

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

In my experience this fridge seems like a worthy investment, each compartment is equally temperature controlled and it is a quiet fridge. Personally I have had to unplug this fridge multiple days in a row, and thankfully this fridge has not short circuited or been damaged in any way, which I think shows the quality of this appliance. It is not the easiest thing to clean inside, however I don't believe it effects fridge value too much.

Model: GB-450UPLX (Platinum) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Good

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Good for household purposes. Time to cold stuffs on each compartment varies moving on from place of A/c units.It does not generate noise in closed condition .Cleaning each compartments is in midst of difficulty.It can have flexible shelves to accommodate different size of fridgable items.Upon leakage,it may harm to health.

Purchased at: Personal Best

Verified Purchase Model: GB-450UBLX (Black) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Very good - energy efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

We have had this fridge for six months. We have noticed a reduction of the energy bill.
The reason we purchased this fridge is because of the warranty and the energy usage.
The fridge is run on eco mode, very quiet, very sleek, and doesn't show up finger prints.
We purchased this on appliance online via eBay. Wait for 10% off on ebay to purchase to save some coin.

Frankston

• 3 helpful votes

Model: GB-450UPLE (Graphite) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Love the design and the stylish look of my fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

This fridge is excellent and looks very stylish. I am able to adjust the temperatures of the freezer to freeze things really quickly. It beeps at you if you leave it open so there is no threat of leaving the doors open. Very quite operation and comes with a 10year inverter warranty.

Verified Purchase Model: GB-450UPLX (Platinum) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Sleek-looking fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

We bought this fridge a few months ago and have had no problems with it. It has a sleek design, good energy rating, and the retractable drawer is really handy when we need to store taller items upright (like a tall cake). It maintains a consistent and good temperature in every compartment and is exceptionally quiet. We've enjoyed the little touches, like having the temperature bar across the top when you open the fridge. We've only had to clean it properly once when there was a liquid spill which was a little difficult since liquid gets everywhere but for daily cleaning it's pretty simple.

Banora Point

Verified Purchase Model: GB-450UWLX (White) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Love this fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

This fridge is so quiet, and I love the freezer at the bottom. It's easy to clean, and has maintained a good temperature. Very happy and would buy another LG fridge anytime. I particularly like how it has a clean clear outside but the great temperature panel inside the top of the fridge when it's opened.

Model: GB-450UBLX (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great fridge.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

I like this fridge. Looks great, nice and sleek, energy efficient and it's easy to manipulate the insides to suit big or little things. The freezer freezes and the fridge fridges. I am happy with it and so is my house mate. One day I will have to move and it will be heavy, but for now it's in a good spot

1 of 13 pages