Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Awesome Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

The food is heated efficiently and quickly with a nice even heat throughout the meal the texter is great and when I need a quick feed on the run it’s great and efficient and makes life easy sometimes especially when I’m busy so buy one and enjoy the benefits for sure

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Cooks to perfection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

As there are only 2 of us now and we needed a new Microwave for our newly refurbished kitchen. It cooks everything to perfection as is easy to use. We needed a Microwave that opened out to the left and this was the only one that did. Pleased so far with this purchase.

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Converted to loving my microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

I'm normally a microwave skeptic. Patchy reheating, half-cooked meat when defrosting.. basically a pretty average experience and I mostly used it to melt butter, reheat leftovers and heat up wheat packs.

I'm pretty much converted to using this thing all the time. If you use its smart settings, it actually does a really great job. Cooks fresh veggies well, defrosts without half cooking meat, reheats without destroying the texture of everything. The keep warm function is excellent and really handy too. And finally, a microwave door you can open and close without waking up the baby! It's easy to clean, too. I like the feature of opening the whole front of the unit and concealing most of the buttons.

I could do without the little jingles it plays at the end, while defrosting, and those regular reminders when it's finished (I'm not likely to forget I put something in there for 2 minutes!). But ultimately at least it's a cheerful tune and even though we all end up whistling it randomly, it's much quieter than our old microwave and far less annoying. It would be excellent to have the option to mute it.

If you're trying to decide whether to get this one, go for it. I doubt you'll regret it.

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

To easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

This microwave is by far the easiest one to use on the market. It’s so simple and with such a sleek design it’s the best. I’ve had this microwave for a couple of years now and nothing has broken or stopped working over the time that I have had it.

• 1 answer

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

This replaced a very old microwave of the same capacity. What we first noticed was the smaller footprint. We were then pleasantly surprised by the many functions and found the sensor so easy and convenient to cook and reheat. The noise was not a problem because our old model was much worse. 24 Month warranty is a bonus that competitors were not offering. The instruction book is comprehensive and easy to read. The interior is well lit when in use. I found the touch pad on the door a little small and needed to train myself to find the right spot but this is a minor inconvenience. I did my research first and am very pleased with this buy. We wanted the Black model but got the SS for the same price when Black was unavailable. It looks good and is the same except for the exterior.

Walkerston

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: May 2018

Perfect amazing

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Great easy to use sleek design great product highly recommend works well and fast The self cleaning function is amazing it would be awesome if u could see the food cooking through the glass or if the glass could be removed to clean it doesn’t use much power and it’s perfect

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

l bought this microwave last year from kmart as it was on sale. it works all well with no dramas at all. couldn't be happier with it so far. it is reasonably quiet and work efficiently, it heats foods evenly hot and it is very easy to clean. it is also very stylish with its whole body in black.

Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Looks good and works well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Bought this at Harvey Norman, bit pricy but everyone who has been over at our place has mentioned that it looks pretty nice, works well and size is good too. Latest technology, heats food evenly, fast heating as it's powerful. Buttons are easy to operate and safe around kids too.

Ballarat

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

It matches our dark cabinets perfectly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

Just for new dark cabinet finishings in our renovated kitchen pack and our silver standard microwave just didn't match so went to Kmart and bought this as it was on sale. It heats the food up like it should and is super easy to clean out of it gets messy

Purchased at: Kmart

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

reliable quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

very quiet and the heat was very reliable as the temperature was very accurate. I said this because the previous microwave we had was really horrible and it would make loud noises. This one is also very environmental, no waste on electricity. the price was really good too. highly Recommended!

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Just a perfect microwave!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I'm using this advanced design LG microwave for over 5 months for now, couldn't be happier! This is the best microwave I have ever own. It warms up the food evenly, not like other ones that leave the core of dish cold and the edges are boiling! Also, it has a pleasant alarm (music) rather than annoying beeping!

• 2 answers

Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

It is Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

It has all the Features I need Like Different Country Meals Settings E G Australia,
Italian, Middle Eastern and French It Cooks Fast the Meals are Perfect when Cooked in my L G NeoChef
it has a child lock ,you can grill in it you can even steam cook all vegetables

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

A good microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

This microwave is powerful and quickly heats the food. It doesn't make to much noise and is reasonably quiet. It is easy to use, and the buttons are very easy to press.
Has to separate control panels: the external one is very simple with basic functions and the internal one with more options.
It has a good look and we like its nice and simple appearance.
It is also easy to clean.
It's been a few weeks we are using it and haven't noticed any issues.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

brisbane

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Highly recommended!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

I have never bought LG machines in past and bought washing machine, fridge and microwave when I moved into my new house. Highly satisfied with all machines really. Microwave in particular is very quiet, warms up to the centre of the container (the centre can remain cold with other machines), very easy to clean and very energy efficient machine. Well worth the money.

perth

• 1 answer

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Sleek and sexy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Love my new microwave, its modern looking with a sleek design. 42l perfect for families. Inverter Defrosts meat perfectly, no cooked edges. Just add the weight for defrosting and cooking and the machine works its magic. It even plays music at the end (instead of the boring beep). Works faster than my previous machines. Highly recommend

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: May 2017

what a microwave OMG

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

let me start this review off with the smooth look finish this lg microwave has that LG are renowned for the beautiful sleek edges its amazing, the features of this microwave are endless from melt to defrost and yes thats by weight too ! it has a converter which means it heats everything up as evenly as possible it really is smooth sailing with this microwave!

• 1 review

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

This style seems perfect for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

This style seems perfect for me. I brought it 1 month ago, which seemed all good! Works pretty fast and I love how quiet it is compared to my earlier Panasonic one. The fact I can adjust the heating temperature without having to open the door is really handy too.

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Great Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Although the size is a little big, it's really good for heating. Works pretty fast and I love how quiet it is compared to my earlier Panasonic one. It's spacious and love the light - not the dull yellow ones the previous machines were using. The fact I can adjust the heating temperature without having to open the door is really handy too.

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Apr 2010

Works well

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I have experienced no issues with this product however i cannot find any features which would make me look towards buying this microwave again. My food heats up as expected however it could be more powerful.
the stainless exterior also scratches easily showing wear and tear earlier than I expected.

Brisbane

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Happy with the purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Pretty happy with it and easy to decrease and increase the time using swaping motion with a finger.. Defrosts very well and the melody is a bonus rather than the traditional beeping sound that used to make me press stop button quickly before the time is done as it used to wake my babies up. Sometimes food doesn’t get hot enough as quickly but happy with what I paid for.

1 of 11 pages

MS4296OBS (Black)

Hi All, We had a National that died and resurrected our old Sharp and were reminded why we changed. The Sharp has a very annoying 'feature' that keeps beeping at you if you don't respond (open door, turn product etc) within one minute. They still advertise it as a feature. No, it's just plain annoying and let me turn the feature OFF. My question is: Does the LG beep just when the heating time has finished or does it continue to remind you because apparently we're thick? There's nothing in the manual about end time. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers Ken

Ken Benson asked on Mar 28, 2018

Choice says one of the bad points of this microwave is that it has 'Only OK visibility through door'. Is anyone finding the visibility through the door an issue ?

Jo_L asked on Feb 06, 2018

Answer this

You can't see through the door at all. But why did you need to see through the door? Im sure you remember what you put in there, by seeing through the door, i dont think you can judge how hot is the food. Dont be lazy, just open the door and check.

Jo_L.. We recently purchased one and find that having the settings hidden behind the door is just a pain and downright stupid.
Even the controls on the outside of the door are difficult to see if the room is not well lit.
I am a big fan of LG products but seriously regret buying this microwave.

MS4296OWS (White)

Is a cavity 563 W x 335 H x 500 mm D suitable for housing this microwave oven? Ie what are minimum clearances required? Thanks, 08Skyway

08Skyway asked on Jan 02, 2018

Answer this

50mm Front, Sides and Top. Rear needs at least 125mm. This is generic specifications, you would need to consult the manual if you wish to use lower than this.

See all 5 questions about LG NeoChef MS4296

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

MS4296OBS (Black) MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) MS4296OWS (White) MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel)
Price (RRP) 319 349 319 379
Capacity 42 42 42 42
Power 1200 1200 1200 1200
Height 434 434 434 434
Width 540 540 540 540
Depth 310 310 310 310
Grill No No No No

The main difference between these models is colour