Melbourne

• 4 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: May 2018

Only two weeks, but working perfectly so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

This is a stylish-looking unit, with a large capacity (42 l) for its external size. It cooks and reheats evenly, with the sensor cook feature so far working well for rice in particular. The placement of the main controls inside the door is novel and takes a bit of getting used to, although the layout and operation is fairly logical. The touch keys are responsive and the display bright and easily read.

The microwave is quiet when running and the LED light bright enough to see clearly what is going on. The turntable is stable and not as heavy as my previous 20-year old microwave.

Very happy so far.

Adelaide

• 5 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: MS4296OWS (White) Date Purchased: May 2018

Love it!!! Great investment!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

Highly satisfied with the cooking results. At last change from sharp to LG. Setting and features easy to use. Love the sound when its ready. Sturdy and well built. Fit the avent steriliser, fit my square plate well. I can add multiple dish at the same time and all heat evenly. Space efficient for my family. Love everything about it!

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Central coast

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Plays a song when finished.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I love our new microwave. It is sturdy and well built. It is easy to keep clean. I love the hidden buttons so it looks great on the kitchen bench top. The food cooks really fast and plays a fun tune when its done. While cooking the microwave is quiet. Ive wasted so much money on cheap microwaves I saw this one and it's a brand I trust and also its sturdy nature made me decide. Definitely worth the money.. really happy with this microwave.

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

My wife and I we needed a new microwave we were looking everywhere for a perfect microwave but we couldn’t find few months ago we bought this product and we are very happy with it this microwave is fast in heating and being stainless steel is unbelievable and I did not mention perfect size and love it.

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: May 2018

back to store after 2 weeks

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

bought this microwave at my good friends at Domayne, and after 2 weeks, microwave failed to heat. microwave vegetables were on for 20 minutes at still frozen. returned to store and swapped for different brand microwave. looks good was ok whilst working, found cooking guide chart inside door too small. had doubts about LG when purchased, but thought after reviews here were ok, so thought to myself give it a go......I did for two weeks

Purchased at: Domayne

Faulconbridge, NSW

• 1 helpful vote

Model: MS4296OWS (White) Date Purchased: May 2018

Awesome Microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

The Good:
- Heats items quick
- Heats evenly
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Multiple heating/cooking/defrosting settings with handy key inside door
- Touch functions responsive
- Large rotating dish plate

The Bad:
- Nothing!

The Lowdown:
This microwave is excellent and to date has heated everything evenly and quickly. The inside is large and can hold our largest dish was ease. The touch controls are all easy to use and the addition of the external quick touch is convenient. Cannot fault this microwave and highly recommend.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Lg no good

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

Sparks coming from oven when cooking purchased in Nov 17 its only 7 months old could of caused a fire very disappointed looks beautiful but its not a very safe oven. Will be returning to store for full refund. I had a whirlpool before which i had for 12 years may be i should of stuck to the same brand.

Melbourne

• 17 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 69 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: May 2018

Fast cooking, Fast Menu Selections, Compact Outside Size but Large Inside

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

This Microwave has 3 Standout Features.

You can Quick Start 30 seconds and then slide up and down in 10 second increments. These Quick Start settings are separated from all the other stuff which is shown only when you open the door. This saves me about 30 seconds worth of cooking time as I'm not fiddling with power levels and entering in times.

The warranty is above normal. 2 Years Parts and Labour + 8 Years on Magnetron (Parts Only). My Panasonic Microwave died at under 2 years and it was out of warranty period. 10 years on the Magnetron shows you how well they back this product.

The Microwave has a really large internal size but minimal outside size. It fits in a space that I wasn't able to before with my old Panasonic Microwave.

So far I don't have anything negative to say about this Microwave. If it does die or perform worse I will update this review.

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Broken 10 months

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Bought this last July, while broken after 10 months. It makes quite a bit noise when turning on, which is very scary. The service is not too bad, sending back for repair and it takes two weeks. Fancy look, while I really like the design. And quiet while working, but the quality is bit disappointing.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Canberra

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

At last! A great microwave!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

After the last microwave, I was starting to despair that I could not find one that was trouble free, well this is the one.
Have had it for about a year and it has been trouble free.
I love the time slider for setting cooking times by running your finger to the right to advance or to the left to malfunction cooking times, it is a truly unique feature.
The soften feature is great for softening hard butter without reducing it to a molten pulp, like some others.
It has an accurate defrost by weight feature, that defosts without partially cooking meat and works well to defrost steak for example.
I do notice that it does seem to be a bit slower to heat some things, but at least it heats them evenly.
There is one feature that I do find annoying and that is the jingle it plays when finished cooking, if the door is not opened within 30 seconds, it just keeps playing, over and over.
I am happy to reccomend this microwave to anybody, I truly believe it is the best available.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I was very happy with my purchase and found it very easy to use without looking up or checking out the info guide that u get when u purchase it..it warms up the food exactly to the temperature that u put in and I have also looked up some recipes online and also cooked on it and found the defrosting at good temperatures..

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Very happy with this microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

This microwave is powerful, much moreso than the Panasonic Inverter that my workplace uses (takes twice as long to heat up). The settings are easy to use, and the buttons are on the inside of the microwave which might not be usual but it helps the microwave to look sleek and we got used to it in no time. There are touchscreen quick-start options on the outside as well. It's pretty quiet and we like the song that it sings when the food is done - it's a happy little tune! It's quite sizeable and you can fit a fair bit inside the microwave, it is an efficient use of space.

• 4 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 113 helpful votes

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Really good machine.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

I have had this microwave oven for a few months and it is really good. Cooks well, reheats well and quickly and does everything you would want from a microwave oven. Very simple and easy to use, the display is easy to read and everything is easy to wipe clean. My favourite thing about this microwave is the happy little tune it plays when it's finished the job....always makes me smile for some reason . I can't think of anything I don't like about the LG, it's well built, solid, spacious, doors are good, the lighting perhaps could be better but that is only a minor concern. All in all I would happily recommend this oven... it functions well and it is very good looking, good combination.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 25 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

We are very pleased with the ease of use and the quality of the food cooked in this microwave. We thought it might be more complicated to use than our previous one which was a Panasonic. However, we have been surprised at how user-friendly it is. This new LG microwave has much larger capacity than the old one too, whilst fitting into the same place. It works so quietly that I forget it is doing a task eg defrosting. Everything about this LG Neochef seems to be very well-built. I am quite happy with the chiming sounds it makes when finished as it reminds me to take the food out of this almost silent microwave!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: May 2010

Couldn’t live without one

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Satisfied and it’s loud it is well built and works really good it’s the best microwave I have ever purchased and I wouldn’t want any other one this one is perfect for my house hold and family to use and is cheap and is just real good quality .i love it

Purchased at: Harvey Norman Design & Renovations

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Average

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Not very much wattage takes a while to heat up my food it is a very nice looking microwave tho and fit in very nicely with my kitchen set up I would buy this product again in the near future it just wouldn’t be my first pick it is a very good microwave just needs a few touch ups

Preston

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OWS (White) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Innovation and Design

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

This microwave leaves many others behind when it comes to innovation and design. Easy to use and is quieter than the Panasonic Inverter. Much more energy efficient on standby mode than the Sharp. Uses LED lighting which is bright and energy efficient. Does not have an annoying fan to cool down the inverter after cooking like the Panasonic microwaves. Cooks evenly and quickly (much better than the flatbed panasonic inverter). Easy to clean. Efficient use of space - it is a 42L microwave but is about the same size as my previous 32L Panasonic on the outside. My only gripe is that sometimes the internal walls clog up with moisture so it needs a rub down every now and then.

Sydney

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Works well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

The microwave seems sturdy and well-built. It heats up well the food in less the time compared to our last LG microwave oven as this one is higher power. Most of the selection buttons are inside so you need to open the door to select your different method of reheat,defrost,cook etc. then close the door to start.
On the front door, you got the Stop and Start and a timer selection by sliding your finger along the -IIIIIIIIIIIIII+ to set your cooking time. Took us some tries to get used to.
Two cons:
1. When you chose a different power other than 100% it did not show on the display while cooking.
2. To change the time on the clock you need to power down the microwave then power up to set the time. Very inconvenient if the microwave is in a cavity and it is heavy.

Model: MS4296OWS (White) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Does the job, but .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Does the job but I am somewhat annoyed with the this LG because it doesn't have a timer. We use the timer all the time. And to change the clock time by pulling the microwave out of the cavity and flick the power point switch :( LG, what were you thinking??

Model: MS4296OWS (White) Date Purchased: May 2017

Good microwave

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Works well. I just use the basic functions such as reheat, heat and defrost. No complaints other than you can see the fingerprints on glass door but it is easy to clean. Has a nice melody once cooking has finished. Bought on special at JB Hi fi with extended warranty.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

1 of 10 pages

MS4296OBS (Black)

Hi All, We had a National that died and resurrected our old Sharp and were reminded why we changed. The Sharp has a very annoying 'feature' that keeps beeping at you if you don't respond (open door, turn product etc) within one minute. They still advertise it as a feature. No, it's just plain annoying and let me turn the feature OFF. My question is: Does the LG beep just when the heating time has finished or does it continue to remind you because apparently we're thick? There's nothing in the manual about end time. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers Ken

Ken Benson asked on Mar 28, 2018

Choice says one of the bad points of this microwave is that it has 'Only OK visibility through door'. Is anyone finding the visibility through the door an issue ?

Jo_L asked on Feb 06, 2018

Answer this

You can't see through the door at all. But why did you need to see through the door? Im sure you remember what you put in there, by seeing through the door, i dont think you can judge how hot is the food. Dont be lazy, just open the door and check.

Jo_L.. We recently purchased one and find that having the settings hidden behind the door is just a pain and downright stupid.
Even the controls on the outside of the door are difficult to see if the room is not well lit.
I am a big fan of LG products but seriously regret buying this microwave.

MS4296OWS (White)

Is a cavity 563 W x 335 H x 500 mm D suitable for housing this microwave oven? Ie what are minimum clearances required? Thanks, 08Skyway

08Skyway asked on Jan 02, 2018

Answer this

50mm Front, Sides and Top. Rear needs at least 125mm. This is generic specifications, you would need to consult the manual if you wish to use lower than this.

See all 5 questions about LG NeoChef MS4296

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

MS4296OBS (Black) MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) MS4296OWS (White) MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel)
Price (RRP) $319 $349 $319 $379
Capacity 42L 42L 42L 42L
Power 1200W 1200W 1200W 1200W
Height 434mm 434mm 434mm 434mm
Width 540mm 540mm 540mm 540mm
Depth 310mm 310mm 310mm 310mm
Grill No No No No

The main difference between these models is colour