Massive Fail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Where do I start? Hidden fees & failure to disclose, worst finance company ever! Biggest mistake ever choosing this option when I was purchasing interest free at Fanastic Furniture.

FRAUD

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

My partner and I purchased our first home in March of 2017. After a lot of research, we decided that the kitchen had to be redone and that Ikea provided a reputable and comprehensive package, supporting all the way from design to installation.

As part of the support offered by Ikeas North Lakes team we were encouraged to use GMC Stone to measure, supply and install out stone bench tops. It was here that our experience took a very nasty turn. An employee at GMC Stone stole our credit card details and fraudulently made several large purchases at our expense. These being in May, June and July 2017. A criminal investigation was made against GMC Stone and the employee convicted of credit card fraud in October 2017.

Since October 2017, even with the guilty party identified and convicted, we have been in a battle with Lombard Finance to have these purchases removed from our credit card and interest repaid. Again sadly, we were encouraged by North Lakes Ikea employees to utilise this particular finance company.

Today, the 8th of January 2018 I called Lombard finance for an update on our case and was shocked to hear that the original ‘up to 90 days’ to reverse charges had been extended to ‘up to 120 days.’ I shudder to speculate what the increase the next call will unearth.

As first home owners renovating a property, funds are tight and cash flow is important. Ikea’s links to these two irresponsible and faceless companies have soured the reputation of a brand that promotes ease, convenience and a safe family environment.

I am truly disappointed with our kitchen experience this company has and is continually placing my partner and myself under financial strain and considerable stress.

Isabelle

Not right for interest free credit card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Very bad company. I got interest free credit card and they were charging 3 percent on balance remaining. They are not following the interest free rules taking more money. Do not deal with this company at all

adelaide

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

No good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

I thought was good but this people want to make money out off you! Even if your card cancels they charge you even if the account is closed they still charge if you can get out A S A P.

Comments

No Good please Pay and get out no good

Disgusting attitude from customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Both times I had rang to close my account the customer service representatives were speaking to me in a disgusting manner when I was not even using aggressive tone or even came across as angry. I was simply trying to find out why money was being taken from my account after my total amount borrowed was paid, including annual fee even though I had previously called to cancel the card. The customer service representatives both times kept telling me different outstanding balance amounts even though both times I went through bank payments that equalled to total amount borrowed. They both gave different reasons for outstanding payment amounts that had no relation to the 9 month interest free value amount I paid off by the 9 months. Today I rang again to try and resolve and the man was speaking to me with an aggressive personal tone like I was stupid and kept saying "yeaahh" loudly and rudely. I tried to explain to him I had nothing left to pay and he just kept aggressively saying "yeh" and trying to justify where the extra payment amounts had come from. Was very unprofessional. Flight centre should not recommend this company. They have caused nothing but grief.

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

I recently paid an overseas trip with Lombard Credit Card and got the worse customer service every. They charge you to bpay a payment every month which is ridiculous. You have to organise a direct debit with them, I filled out the form and faxed it to them and they didn't process it for 2 months meaning I missed a payment and ended up with a late payment fee and than had to do a bpay payment and got fee for that as well.

Very professional & easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

We used Lombard Finance when having our air conditioning installed. Very quick and easy process; online and over the phone customer service also A1. Highly recommend this product!

Application easy peasy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Easy process from the beginning. Very helpful with information. Interest free was very enticing. All fees etc were presented up front. Pretty good service.

Free Interest? Sure, but there are still fees associated.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

I signed up for a 12 month interest free credit card with Lombard so I can buy a overseas holiday, which effectively gave me 12 months to pay it off. Knowing I was coming into a bonus eight months in, seemed like the smart thing to do. WRONG!
Each deposit incurrs a $2.50 'Handling Fee' and you need to pay each month the minimum or you will get a late fee of $35. There is also a annual fee of $99, with interest on the $99 because that is what the consider a 'purchase' even though you got a interest free card...which was interest free on the actual travel purchase. Fine whatever.
I've paid nearly $150 in fees since February.
This is all because I'm poor and couldn't afford to pay for a trip outright.

If I could do it all again, I would go elsewhere.

Such a quick and easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

I found the application process simple, and had an answer immediately. I bought our next family holiday on a really good deal, but being xmas and we are about to have this years holiday I couldn’t have purchased at such a great price without the credit. As we paid for it on the card we will be able to pay it off in the interest free period. Win win!!

Really assists people being able to go on holidays that don't hgab e th d money up front.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Love the experience as it assists people that don't have a lot of money up front. Easy sign up and opportunities in placing additional purchases 12 months interest free.

always handy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I find Lombard's easy to use and no glitches when making purchases and staff are easy to talk to. Thanks Lombard's you make life easy.

Helped make 2 boys Christmas wishes come true

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

It was extremly quick and easy.
The sales person Kellie Solomon at ultra lube Moree was amazing! From start to finish she looked after us and got everything we wanted and needed.

Perfect card

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Its a great card with no interest if you keep a track of your payments etc. I have gone now for 2 hoidays which is great and the staff our very helpful.

Absolutely!!!! awful after sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

The initial setting up of this account was relatively easy and the customer service was fantastic, that was 12 months ago this week. Let me just say that since then the last 12 months have been a nightmare. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had to experience in my entire 51 years. By the way this is the first customer/product review (good or bad) that I have ever written and I have had both good and bad experiences in the past but nothing has even come close to this sort of poor level. I am a firm believer in people formulating their own opinion based entirely on their own experiences but this is just too much of a poor level of service that something needs to be said and people deserve to be warned about it.
After reading other customer reviews I opted out of the direct debit payment choosing instead to pay the extra $2.50 per month to pay off statement and that was my mistake. Every second month I am on the phone requesting my statement to be sent out, IF (god forbid) I forget 1 month, I get slugged with interest and late payment fees. Every time I call them, they say the same thing, I will get my statements each month from now on and yet 12 months later it hasn't happened.
Also you have to do your own calculations on what to repay so as to avoid interest charges because the minimum they set will incur interest.
Another thing is whatever you do don't ask to speak with a Supervisor or someone of authority I personally think it would be easier to get hold of Malcolm Turnbull
OMG I cant even submit this without giving it a star rating and this company has to be negative, if I even give it a half star I would be lying, as that would be acknowledging that they at least do something right and trust me they don't. Ok so I am lying but I have to give it a star just to get this review posted but I definitely don't mean it. Terrible doesn't justify how bad they are.

Understanding support over the phone!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Lombard has returned my callr to re-arrange my direct debits within hours of me placing an inquiry on their website and I have spoken (twice) to very helpful staff who understand that our financial commitments fluctuate throughout the year and are happy to increase or decrease my direct debit amounts over the phone, as long as my monthly minimum is met. They are very 'human' about it all and can update your details then and there on the phone.

Quick easy payment system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

Was in the car doing my application one minute then 15 mins later booking my holiday. Very Quick and smooth

Excellent Product that makes travelling easier.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

I initially used this product to book a family holiday through Flight Centres and to take advantage of the interest free period. I found the application process very straight forward and easy to understand. I used it again recently to book another holiday, again utilising the interest free 9 months, and adding on the additional booking was amazingly simple. Top marks for ease-of-use.

Amazing product with excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

I applied for a product online which seemed like great value and it certainly was. Best of all was the online application process which was simple, efficient and fast. Highly recommended

Holidays

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

I can take a holiday & then pay it off over 9 months Through Flight Centre. I love it. Yahooo

1 of 28 pages