Rockhampton

• 9 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Magnesium part is fabilous. MagnaPool control centre failed after 3 years.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

We converted our saltwater pool to a magnesium pool in July 2015. Very happy with pool. Water feels soft and silky, leaves no sticky residue on your skin and pool has been easier to maintain. However, the MagnaPool control centre and cell are another story. The equipment was more expensive than other brands but we chose to install the complete MagnaPool/Zodiac system. The equipment warranty is 3 years. Toda y - 3 years and 5 months after installation - the control centre failed and needs to be replaced. Yes product worked well - until it failed - just outside the warranty period. So if you have a spare $2500 to spend on your pool every 3 years, choose MagnaPool. We have complained to MagnaPool and are waiting for a response. However, we are one of many in this area whose MagnaPool equipment failed around the 3 year mark. Any product that just makes its warrantied period before it fails is not good. Would recommend you look around at other brands of controllers.

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI Deb, Are you able to send a DM with your contact details? Thanks.

Hi there
What is a DM?
Deb

Hello
Thank you for your reply. Happy to send contact detaild but what is DM?
Deb

Sydney

• 1 answer

Best Ever Pool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

We've had our MagnaPool for a year now and can't get over how the water is amazingly stable and soft, least amount of salts/chemicals we've ever needed, considering it is in full west sun it is quite incredible and the water is crystal clear - best pool we've ever had!!! Best pool cleaner too.

The water is wonderful on skin, hair and eyes, the standard comment from everyone visiting is how amazing their skin feels and you don't need a shower or wash your hair afterwards, which is great for long hair. Regular swimming manages psoriasis as well. Just love it :)

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi there, Great to hear that you are loving your Magnapool. Happy Swimming!!!

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Great pool system

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

We love our Magna pool. Wonderful soft water and never burning chlorine eyes. Don’t mind the taste of the magnesium either. Pool water is always clear and inviting.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the great Review. Happy Swimming!

katikati Bay of Plenty NZ

• 2 answers

Just the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

After going from a old concrete chlorine treated pool to a new Maga-pool we have nothing but praise for this system.
Everything so simple to test and maintain,
We have many more spare hours now for swimming!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the Review John. Great to hear that your time is now enjoyed in the Pool

On balance - Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Water feels great on the body but takes a little getting used to on the taste! Also less hassle with constant additives compared to the salt chemistry. Wish we had done it sooner.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi David, fantastic to hear that you are enjoying your MagnaPool. Happy swimming!

Everything I dreamed of.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Works fantastically and very easy to use and it’s nice to know that a simple check of water once a week is all that is needed. No of this adding extra chemicals or salt once a week to get the ph right.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Kev, thanks for the 5 star review. Great to hear you are happy with your MagnaPool! :)

magnapool control centre and cell

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

As a past magnapool customer I've had my fair share of issues with the original equipment (OEM) to the point where the 2nd Cell within 5 years stopped working recently. After conducting a market scan there are now many different salt / mineral compatible units available at competitive prices to consider however the latest magnapool zodiac control centre and cell are top of the range in terms of value for money, easy to install and straight forward to operate. I strongly recommend considering the new magnapool zodiac system especially if you have children where the magnapool chemicals provide advanced health advantages (to all ages). Thanks to Zodiac for keeping such a great product going with the advanced innovation and technolgy and making our job as pool owners easier having peace of mind in a solid product. Great work! Regards Tyson

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you for this 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you are loving the Magnapool system. Happy Swimming!

Fantastic system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

We love our new pool and love the Magna pool system even more. It's the best and we highly recommend it

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the great 5 star review! Happy Swimming!!!

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Magnesium is your friend.. eczema gone

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2016

I've been using magnesium as a recovery tool after hard training. Now I just jump into the pool and I feel relaxed.

My daughter suffers from eczema and with our salt water system it would flare up. With Magnapool we've never had a drama.

The water appears so much clearer too.

Great product.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

So much better than salt water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2015

We had our pool upgraded to a Magnapool 9 months ago, and it's the best thing you can do for your body. The feel of the water is smoother, it is far more refreshing. Honestly the best thing you can do for your pool.
For me and my family, we have found that it has made an outstanding difference when it comes to the enjoyment while we're in there. It just feels better!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hi, I am a new pool owner with a magna pool. It has a strange taste and uses 800ml of acid per week to keep it balanced. Its around a month old. Is this normal for a 50,000lt pool??

rob asked on Nov 24, 2018

Answer this

Hi, that’s definitely not normal, ours is very stabile in full sun, we use about 500ml acid in last 6 months. Are you using magnesium test strips and mineral level is correct? We put about 15 x 10kg Magnapool mineral bags at start up. And is the chlorine output high enough or too high (“5in one” test strips test PH and chlorine levels )? Hope that helps

I find that as suggested by Magna Pool you always take a sample into a pool shop that has up to date testing facilities every three months and they will advise just what is needed, as well as regular testing with test strips.
This also takes any guesswork out of the system

Hi, I have recently gone to another pool shop, as the first keeps telling me nothing is wrong. They have got me to put 40kg extra minerials and stabiliser. Chlorine and ph were in normal readings... I'll give another week and see. I do have a pool cover, not sure if this would make any differences. It does come off at least once a week...

I have a new Magna concrete Pool commissioned In October, it has PH perfect fitted. It appears to use a lot of acid eg about 15 l (this is broken down with water) in 12 days is this normal? How often should it be backwashed? It has glass filter all zodiac. When you google this you get different answers from weekly , monthly to when pressure gauge reaches certain pressure.

Greg H asked on Nov 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi Greg, I am sorry I am unable to help as we installed a new fibreglass pool, and have not had any problems to date.
I do receive great help from the pool shop who test the water every three months as recommended by Narellan Pools to cover pool maintenance.
John T Wilkins

Hi Greg, My I ask if you are referring to the Magnapool? Thanks.

I am usisng MagnaPool for few months, I notice that the metal greed at the bottom of the pool has oxidize in the corners. This has never happen before with the other systems. The MagnaPool could be the reason? Any solution?

Gil asked on Jul 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gil. Our National Product Manager would be happy to speak to you regarding this? Can you please send your details via a DM or through our Inbox on Facebook? Thanks.