• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 31 helpful votes

Mercedes benz brighton hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Went to Mercedes Benz Brighton to get information on accessories.
Was advised how busy they were. Next minute the epitome of the car salesman shows up. Firstly he had trouble accessing his computer, then took a phone call advising it was a customer. What was I? Was palmed off to a first week cadet, who was helpful but lacked knowledge. Salesman then came running over saying he could now take over. No thanks,
Took my business else where.

melbourne

• 3 answers
Private message

Terrible service and attitude from [name removed]. Get valuation not match I expected. No worries. H

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

Terrible attitude from one of the sales called [name removed]. It's ok to not make the deal with your customer. However saying wasting his time. Poor and terrible attitude. And arrogant.

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

DEFINITELY NOT - "The best or nothing"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I have an issue with the Command display in my 2016 GLA 180 (song title does not change). It has been three times for a repair at G Brothers Mona Vale Mercedes service (last time 9 days) but the issue is stil not resolved. Not only that they do not know how to fix this (they said new part is installed) but also no regular follow up calls (I had to call a couple of times myself to find out what is happening with my car). When looking for a new car I have decided to go for a Mercedes but now I am questioning this decision. I have expected much more from Mercedes Benz: customer service, quality and experienced and knowledgeable service team. This is my first but probably also the last Mercedes that I have purchased. Also not sure that I will recommend it to any of my friends as I don't want them to go through the same frustration as I have. Not happy at all.

Mount Hallen

• 4 comments
  • 4 answers

Verified Customer

Mercedes Toowong: A mixed bag – customer service 0/5, service department 2.5/5, parts 5/5

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

In short: I was not happy with the performance of the service department; what I asked them to do, and what they did; e.g. it took over four weeks to get answers to questions I had on day 1. Customer service department was non-existent as in non-responsive, while the parts department is outstanding in every aspect.

The story: I bought a used S350 in 2017 and took it to MB Toowong for a B/C service plus extras in June 7th, 2018. When I made the booking, the first possible appointment was two weeks later. Since the car was never serviced in this dealership (car ex Melbourne), it was indicated that they may need 1 to 2 days to go over the car. Since I live 100 km west of Brisbane, I only agreed to leave the car for a day.
I wanted most fluids replaced (while log book serviced, I could not see explicit evidence of certain items being done), however, all was knocked back with the reason “we will do a full B service first, and identify what else needs doing, and for me to come back a second time”. What?!

I brought the car in at 08:00 (as agreed), listing most error codes, observations, and things I wanted done. I was promised a call as to when I could pick up the car. The car made into the workshop at 12:00 and came out 3 hours later. After leaving a few message with regard to the pick-up, I eventually picked-up the car at 17:15. I was asking for the old parts to be put into a box in the trunk - this did not happen. I had to ask multiple times to have the cabin filter replaced, which I wanted replaced no matter what, while the service person said: we replace it if required.
Checking the engine oil level the next day showed a 0.75 l overfill. I e-mailed the service department with 13 questions/issues, which were eventually partly answered after 4 weeks back and forth.

When I received an email from MB Toowong for feedback, I reported the issues encountered. No response. Ten days later I sent a follow-up email. No response from customer service. However, the service person had called in the interim, promising to address my concerns, which also did not happen.

Mercedes Australia send an email with a link to a customer survey; I stated my experience (as I did with MB Toowong).

I eventually reduced my 13 queries to 5, which were eventually answered on July 17th, after a few reminder email and one personal visit while I was in Brisbane.

Given my positive experience with the brand in Germany, I worked there, and owned some 8 different MB cars, my last new one was a 320TE, I cannot believe the experience I have encountered in Australia to be even possible.

However, and in stark contrast to the above, the parts department, (in particular Lyndon) was exemplary in responsiveness, professionalism and expertise. I had a few parts enquiries, all of which were answered very quickly, and carefully in the sense that the latest (most up-to-date) part was quoted as replacement for the original part, even going the extra mile to indicate when a special tool is required to address special parts. Well done!

In summary: (and I said this elsewhere) “service” comes down to people. Deal with unprofessional people and you get an unprofessional outcome. I am down to earth, reasonable and factual. While I get it, that most who drive an S Class don't care about the detail, legitimate queries and concerns I had, were neither addressed timely nor sufficiently.
What strikes me most is the amount of negative reviews of Mercedes Dealerships on this site. However, based on hearsay alone, I gave Mercedes Brisbane a miss, and opted for Toowong.

At this very point in time I am not sure, whether I will continue the relationship with either, the brand or Toowong. Time will tell. In fact, a Tesla Model S is quite appealing.

Verified Customer

Pathetic Customer Service after sale of a Brand New GLE43 AMG!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Pathetic Customer Service !! No response from Geelong Mercedes or Mercedes Benz Australia.

Customer service started dropping soon after the Initial Deposit was paid. Initially the car sold to us was year 2017 and when we received our contract, the year mentioned was 2016. This was handled very quickly after I had sent screenshots of my text conversation with the sales person.

Phone calls and text messages weren't returned until days. The responses I got from the sales person were quite arrogant and rude. I do have all the emails exchanged to certify how we were treated. Dates for delivery were changed and I was advised I had the dates wrong.

It has been 12 months since our brand new car (GLE43 AMG) had a major break down. The same issue has occur numerous times. The worst part is we have sent numerous video recordings to Geelong Dealership's service department who later advised us the car is perfectly fine and offered us a shamefully offer of $1,000 voucher to use towards their dealership in return of not fixing our car worth $150,000 !!!

When we approached the service department at Geelong Mercedes Dealership again, they completely ignored us and advised to call Mercedes Customer Service.

Spoke to the Principal of the Dealership nearly 3 months ago, he was suppose to get back to us which never happened. That shows us how much they care about their customers who have spent nearly $150,000 in their Dealership.

Spoke to Mercedes Benz Australia 2 weeks ago, they were suppose to get back to us the same day which never happened.

Within 4 months of the ownership of the car, we broke down in Sydney. We had our challenges with Mercedes Benz road side assistance. Once we received our car back we had same warning signs then week later the same happened. We advised the Sales Manager - [name removed], who did not further advise Mercedes. We have tried to contact Geelong - Mercedes Benz multiple times and left messages. Every time we call the Geelong deanship we are advised [name removed] was on Holidays, is busy, can’t talk or he will call us back.

We were not at all happy with this situation as our brand new car had a major breakdown and requested the Geelong Dealership to change our vehicle and give us a brand new vehicle. The Sales Manager at the Geelong Dealership ([name removed]) advised us if we see those signs again then he will assist us to take this matter further.

Living 20km away from Melbourne CBD we decided to go with Geelong dealership, only because we were referred by a family member. Until today we have not received one courtesy Call from [name removed] and were completely ignored. This has been the worst customer service we have experienced after investing a large sum of money. We believe it was our biggest mistake to buy our car from Geelong Dealership. We also advised [name removed] we were looking to purchase 2 more cars within the Family. We are in business and we believe looking after your customers is very crucial for referral business. My brother has recently bought a C43 AMG from Berwick Mercedes Benz and had a great experience and now we are talking with the same dealership (Berwick) for our second purchase.

We also called [name removed] in the first week of November 2017 to further seek advise on our REIV membership which he applied for us. I advised this was urgent and if he can give us a call back. We left 4 messages with the reception lady at the dealership and until today we had no response from [name removed]. It’s a shame for [name removed] to treat his Customers in a very unprofessional and unethical way. He has lost referral business from us. We had to pay $660 for our first service out of our pocket whereas first 3 services should be covered by our Reiv Membership.

In summary, Our concern is the GLE 43 AMG still come’s up with this warning signs, causing me anxiety to drive the car by myself. I am concerned incase it breaks down again. The journey we had in Sydney when the car broke down was very stressful. We have advised [name removed] there are issues with the vehicle, and continue to get the warning signs. As a Mercedes Benz Customer and the amount of money on this car and this should the least of our worries.

As per Mercedes Benz Motto, we want the Best or Nothing. Furthermore if we seek no Solution to our concerns we will seek Ombudsmen and Legal Advise on how to further proceed.

Unprofessional service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

No help or explanation on problem. Got the needed answer from SuperCheap. So unprofessional on Mercedes' part! Mercedes did a complimentary birthday car wash and, after the wash, I had spots on my black plastic trim. Was told it was "outside influences". Have never had my car through a car wash, but with that all aside, it was the unprofessional way it was addressed. Shame on you Mercedes Robina!!!!!

Mercedes Benz Toorak

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

Laura Broque - Sales person - Very professional, knew a lot about the car. Was willing to spend as much time as needed answering questions and showing me how things worked. A delivery Laura spent a lot of time pre-setting up all my preferences in the car just to make it easier. Laura also worked very hard to get us the best pricing and inclusions on the car.
Sanjjivv - Finance - Worked with us to come up with the best finance option.

Private message

Mercedes parramatta- do not buy or service from there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Under trained staff no customer service what so ever. The first time I serviced my car with this mob I called in advance booked the service along with a courtesy car, I rock up on the day and my service was booked with no car, took them 1 hour to sort that out. 2 weeks later my engine light is on and windscreen wipers need changing, they charged me $600 for that service.

My car now has been recalled, I book the car in to get the part changed mind you it’s their parts that need changing I asked the bimbo on the phone to book me a car and she said there’s no option for that you just need to wait, I go to the dealer and the guy that takes your car in said “it’s going to take 3 hours go inside and book a car” I went inside spoke to the actual manager (worse than the bimbo I spoke to on the phone) and he gave me no option at all, he had attitude and very unhelpful and this guy is the manager wow!

Overall they don’t service your car properly, they don’t listen to customers and they are very unprofessional.

The sales executive , Nickolas Maras was very thorough in presenting and explaining the features and

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

See above.
The car is the 3rd Mercedes we have bought. Besides Nick all the people (Insurance, add ons etc) were easy to deal with.

E63 S Lemon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

In September 2017 l brought a new E63 S it has now done around 12000 km on the 25/5/18 l returned the car to Airport Mercedes in Melbourne because when driving the car slowly and turning the car it would jump badly. On the 1/6/18 l received a call from the service department explaining the car had been checked by their technicians and everything was fine with the car. The explanation was it was skipping and this is normal because the front tyres are wide and also they are for hot weather not cold rainy days. This is weird because when the car went back for the first service at 3000 km it was both cold and raining and there was no skipping. Also he had suggested that I might want to pick the car up for a week as they had contacted Mercedes Head Office for any information that they might have and were awaiting their reply, I declined the offer and explained that the car was to dangerous to put my wife and kids in and also offered to take someone from head office for a drive in the wet and see if they would let there family travel in this car. It is now the 12/6/18 and I haven’t heard anything from either Mercedes Head Office or Airport Mercedes. This is my seventh Mercedes and I have never experienced these problems previously.

July 6th 2018 Update: E63 S Lemon

It is now 6/7/18 and I haven’t got my car back or heard back from airport mercedes. In the last two weeks I have contacted Melbourne Mercedes and asked to speak to the dealer principal after a few phone calls I finally received a call from a [name removed]. I’m not sure of his position. He has listened to my concerns and has made some calls to airport mercedes. After I have had to continuously call him last week he rang me and asked if I had put my car on a race track because of the extreme tyre wear. He has suggested l put new tyres on the lemon whoops car. I said that I will pay them to replace the tyres but if if still skips we will be in the same predicament so I asked for a fair whole sale price for the car. We left the conversation that [name removed] from airport mercedes would contact me with a price. It has been well over a week and I have tried contacting [name removed] for the last three days and left messages for him to call me so that I can let him know that nobody has called me. It has now been six weeks. Mercedes Benz customer service is absolutely disgusting.

Verified Customer

I an very disappointed too!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

This is the fourth Mercedes that I bought in Sydney. This time is a GLS 220d---the car came with electrical fault on the same day I picked it up!!. unbelievable bad experiences! ...very long story... in simple word---great sales guy but the rest team are quite disappointing!

Simply Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

June 2017, bought my first car which is the A250 sport 4matic over at Mercedes Benz Alexandria, Sydney. Car was totally brand new, had no problem the first 6 months until April 2018. I was in the middle of traffic where I shifted the gear to "N", and a while after the light turned green the car won't budge when I tried shifting it back to "D". The yellow engine break icon in the speedometer showed up. Panicked, eventually ending up blocking the road for 30 minutes before the road assist came by and the guy said he rebooted the battery and I ended up driving the car back home but still with the yellow engine break icon on. The next day brought it back to the Mercedes garage, my car ended up staying there for 2 days which I then came back to pick up and the lady at the desk told me "We had fix your issue and there should be no further problem". 2 days ago, 26 May 2018 found out that sentence was the biggest lie. The same thing happened over again, the "N" won't shift back to "D" gear, blocking the road, until the road assistant guy came and did the same procedure. Highly recommend to spend your penny on other German competitors.

Sydney, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Mercedes Benz Sydney= White Collar Pirates

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

So I go to buy a new A180, and wanting $12k finance. The finance dude tells me it's better to get the whole $42,000 car with finance and put my own money in the bank and get interest!! Only an idiot could suggest that as the bank pays 2% interest but MB Finance gets 8% interest!
Then next day he emails me the details of the finance, all good. When I go to pick up the car they put some papers in front of me and I sign them! But when I go home I notice that the finance was $18,000 and not $12,000 ! They had added 2 years of extended warranty for $4000 without me asking for it. And $900 for dealer and some other items which added $6000 to my finance!

I asked them to refund the $4000 of extended warranty. It took them 2 months to refund it and in that two months I paid interest for that $4000 to MB Finance! But when they mailed the cheque of the refund to me, it was $3995 because they deducted $5 for postage!!!

Avoid these white collar cons at all cost. Take your business elsewhere. This will be my first and last Mercedes Benz car!

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Greedy manager at Fortitude Valey, Brisbane City service department

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I took my daughters car for first service to BNE MB all was booked and capped pricing was agreed before hand (my daughter is second owner) manager agreed to honor it, So I took car in the morning and people at front ticked everything as OK,
Left car with them walked to my job at Woollongabba, an hour later received call from service saying that they can not honor capped service pricing and that service will be $690 instead of $396 (managers call).
So I went back walking again (very upset) in hope they have valid reason for it, before that I checked and booked with McGregor Merc and they said no problem we will honor capped price. Got there and asked to speak to manager and here he is in front of me trying to explain they have policy (where was this policy before we booked in this service). I explained that other dealership will honor capped servicing, hes response was if they want to do service for $20 they are welcome, I responded "isn't that greed on your side".
I believe this dealership is very greedy and rude, probably because they are situated in prime area and people are easy to manipulate / rip off.
Only what I can say is who ever use this place be aware and triple check before paying or agreeing with any pricing I certainly am not taking my business to those ignorant people and will lobby everyone in my circles not to use Fortitude Valley Merc for any type of business. Imagine if my daughter 18 years old was dealing with them they would walk over her. At the end I have to admit that I was loud and rude to them too.
I will try to take this complaint further to Australasia Mercedes Benz and Consumer affairs will wait see what they have to say.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mercedes Benz Toorak - Disorganised and abrupt

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Have had car serviced at Richmond (MB Toorak) several times (2 cars) and every time there is an issue. These range from forgetting the car was booked for service, arriving for booked service and parts not available (3 times out of 5), being told things need replacing as they are irreparable and then when part not available told they could fix it at 1/10 the cost, being told car was fixed and being quality checked only to find out work had not commenced, being told service would take an hour and waiting for over 3 and staff that really don't care.

• 2 helpful votes

Terrible, do not use Mercedes Benz, South Melbourne

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Serviced the car at Mercedes Benz, South Melbourne. Came back with a car that had a oil leak. They did more damage than good.

Got informed recently there is a recall with the steering. Can't blame them for that, but I booked an appointment to have it fixed, and when I arrived, they said they don't have the parts, and wanted to sucker me in to get my car serviced for 60km major service even though I've only done 25km instead. Now have to wait 3 weeks for parts, which they should have organised, and I've wasted a whole day.

Terrible.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mercedes Benz Berwick.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

My second car service with my new CLA200 at Berwick MB. Fully satisfied with service and information given by Aaron .
Thanks for the gift as well.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

4 tyre issues 1 year - NEVER AGAIN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Since January I've had to wait by the side of the road for a towtruck 4 times because my tyre had punctured. Two times were at night. Every time involved at least 24 hours off the road. MB Brisbane assures me that 'these things happen', 'it must be where I've been driving' and provides similar platitudes. The response is condescending and offensive especially as there are so many other Mercedes, BMW and Audi drivers that I work with, even a Maserati driver, and all find this amusing. I will never drive a Mercedes again. Why pay so much money to be patronised and constantly inconvenienced?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane service dreadful.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Was given a quote for repair due to miss fuelling. Had to pay $275 for ”diagnostics”. $19,000 Took the car to a specialist Mercedes Benz repairer with great reviews. $2200. Car drives perfectly. When I queried why I was quoted such a huge amount and requested a refund of my $275 I was spoken to like an idiot, and given no plausible explanation. Oh apart from well you can get your insurance company to pay, so I take it the quote was grossly inflated to con the insurance company? The service manager was very dismissive and said he would get his manager to call me. This man was aggressive, rude, condescending and continuously spoke over me and treated me as an idiot. So I’ve paid $275 for a quote to replace numerous parts that didn’t need replacing. Utterly disgusted with the blatant attempt to rip me off and the shocking attitude of the two managers.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Don't trust Hornsby Mercedes.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Bought a C Class Mercedes from Hornsby Mercedes-Benz. The purchasing process went well and they made us feel important and warm and fuzzy. With the purchase I was told in writing that I could have a free car wash for as long as I owned the car. All was good for a while, but now I have been told That I can no longer have the free wash as I did not have the car serviced there enough. Don't trust them!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes