Service and faults

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

The service on the car was excellent. Fault correction was good with one replacement pert yet to be installed and tested. Time taken was longer than anticipated.

Brisbane

Fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I brought my C200 for annual service at Brisbane Merc. Arrived in the morning greeted by a person looked more as sales than mechanic. He tried to 'sell' me everything that would cost $3000 for a scheduled Service A. It's ridiculous that he could recommend to change/replace this and that without checking anything. I rejected most of the offer. In the afternoon 'the sales' called me telling me that the coolant connection at cylinder head leaking, front sway bar links leaking and other things not so important (minor). To fix the two major problems and the regular service would cost me over $3000. I rejected and asked to just do the regular and AC service and paid almost $1100.
The next day, I brought the car to another mechanic to check on the two major issues found by Merc Service. My mechanic could not find anything wrong.
So, Merc service centre is a fraud and very unprofessional. Shame on the reputable brand!
Be careful everybody.

Good dealership - Wollongong Mercedes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have bought 2 vehicles from Wollongong Mercedes and they have been very professional in their approach and were extremely competitive in their trade-in's and their sale prices. Their service has been exceptional. I would recommend them to anyone who is contemplating buying a Mercedes Benz

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Mercedes Benz Brighton would not know a customer if they fell over them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I purchased a CLA 250. Took it in for first service. Arrived to find the loan car was not ready, waited 1/2 while they got it ready. Did not call to tell me my car finished - then complained I was late. Did not test anything. None of my issues were fixed. Complained in first dealer survey - no response - complained in second MB survey - no response - called and asked to speak to service manager - no response. My advice: Don't buy a car here. They would not know a customer if they tripped over one.

Was I taken for a ride?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

I was told I am getting a discount. But when I checked online after I purchased the price was almost the same with Permaguard exterior / Interior. Next time, I will not be fooled by their discounts. But very comfortable car and we love this car. Hopefully we will buy many more Mercedes in the future.

They are a liar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

My parents bought a wagon at Doncaster Mercedes. They were told that they have to order in a new one as not many people buy them. We just found out after a few years when we are thinking of trading in to buy a new one that they were sold a 2 year old model though a new car for the price of the new model.

SYDNEY

Verified Customer

Terrible post sales service from Mercedes Benz South Melbourne and Mercedes Benz Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

My car was falsely advertised as keyless go - but the keyless start ignition component is missing.
I still only have 1 key 11 weeks after collecting the car.
Upon collection I was asked to waive my consumer rights to a cooling off period - That's not what you'd expect from Mercedes.
The car failed its NSW roadworthy test due to a faulty airbag. (Perhaps the reason for the waiver)
Refunds were hard to get processed leading to delays. (Took weeks to get any funds back - claimed they couldn't pay to credit card or EFT - Sent me a cheque. It's 2017!)
There was undisclosed damage to the car. Minor but had been hidden using polish or something.
I've waited weeks to get any sort of callback from the dealership. Then I have been lied to and ignored. No-one has taken ownership of the issues. More-so I've been passed around various people who have all backed each others lies. They have sort to deny any responsibility and have implied I damaged the car and somehow effected the airbag system!!!! They are now refusing to honour their promise of providing a second key.
I've had to get legal advice and I'm about to lodge a claim with consumer affairs VIC and VCAT to try and get resolved.
My losses for slow delivery, lack of keyless go ignition option and lack of second key means my losses are into the thousands. And that's without my lost earnings given the days I've now spent on this.
Do not deal with mercedes benz south Melbourne. They are not to be trusted. Check other reviews which substantiate my complaints.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Disappointed with Tynan motor service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

My car has problems with steering wheel and I brought in to have the problem sorted out. Few hours later, they told me "it's been fixed " and after that, I found the steering wheel still has problem. And I rang them, they said "It's normal!"

Sydney Mercedes sales experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2017

Visited the above dealership today 3/9/2017 at 9.50 am .
Told by staff we do not open until 10:00 am .
My interest was in C63s coupe .
Sales experience non existence e.g. No introduction , little product knowledge or enthusiasm..
Valuation price pathetic ( about 2/3 of wholesale price , new vehicle full retail price.
Sadly would not recommend this dealership and will not buy a Benz.
Off to place an order for a new Porsche.
Please note had my own dealership for twenty years and therefore have some idea how things work.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mercedes Benz Brighton (Vic) Servicing Horrors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

Bring car in for annual warranty servicing pointing out issues that were ignored previously. Of course the problems raised were ignored again, Written questions are either ignored totally or answered in such a convoluted manner as to make "Yes Minister" appear sane. Unfortunately this reaches up all the way to the service manager. (I write asking about an issue, the reply goes off on some unrelated tangent. If you draw attention that the question remains unanswered, service manager decides its 'not even worth a response"... now that's customer service for you...NOT.

Of course the car was returned with existing issues, but as a bonus, they saved me wasting my money/time dealing with this belligerent mess they call a service department in the future.

Other than FREE warranty servicing, be wise and take your business elsewhere.

Pick the right dealer. Mercedes Berwick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I read with interest the problems people experience when buying a Mercedes. Have purchased four cars over several years from Mercedes in Berwick Victoria I can only assume people are buying from the wrong dealership. Having just had my car serviced I am still treated as good as the day I purchased my first car from them. Their are extremely professional, attentive to my needs and promptly address any rare issue I may have. I highly recommend Mercedes in Berwick.

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

The whole Mercedes journey a joke !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I purchased a Mercedes SLK 250 two years ago with agility finance ! The dealer at Marshalls Parramtta were nice warm and fuzzy ! Once I purchased it the car they didn't want to know ! I wanted to re finance with agility , forget it ! They have no interest in helping anyone out at all and talk to to like your some sort of low life . I wanted to backtrade my car and Marshalls they wanted me to add onto. $50k car another $20k shortfall . I applied for hardship with agility , they are pathetic ! Again as helpful as tits on a bull ! Do not buy a Mercedes with agility finance you will never get out of it or refinance with them as they don't allow it . Aglitys hardship process is a joke ! As for Mercedes Parramatta I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ! Once you purchase hey don't even return calls unless they want you to pay for a service then they call you !!!
I wish I had stayed with BMW ! At least a little Better service , but not much !

• 13 helpful votes

1) Contract 2) Wheel alignment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

1. Do not enter into a contract with Mercedes-Benz for the purchase of your Merc unless you are absolutely sure that you will go full-term. If you apply for early termination of contract they just ignore you.

2. Ensure that your new Merc has a front suspension design that allows for a FULL wheel alignment (not just toe-in, toe-out adjustment). If not, then you have to pay $600 for the suspension modification plus the cost of the wheel alignment. Be warned. Have it written into your purchase contract.

Berwick

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

The sales staff Tong is very good. Due to my loan delay,these guys do help me a lot..Also people are very professional and friendly. I would definately recommond to everyone

Melbourne

Mercedes Melbourne

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Ordered a brand new vehicle and was told that the vehicle was a newer model. We waited a number of months before being told it was the older model and that the new one was still being built. We paid a price believing it was the new one. In the end it was a poor and disappointing experience as our expectations weren't properly managed. Perhaps a communication issue between the dealership and Germany but I wasn't happy.

Brisbane

Private message

Brisbane Service Center- Arrogant & Condescending Staff, No Customer Loyalty, You Pay For Mistake!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Recently i took my parents 4yr old C250 for its annual service and also to have the parking brake looked at as it was bit sticky and required more effect to release. The car was picked up same day with no drama's, We were told the brake had been fixed and we needed new tyres, we declined as the car does not get much use and could get them cheaper at UltraTune at a later date.

A week after the service i decide to go for a longer trip with the car since it has been just sitting in the garage unused but 30 minutes in as i was on the highway the whole dash started to vibrate as if a tyre had punchered accompanied with loud engine noises. This lasted about 10 minutes and i pulled over to check the car, beside lots of heat coming from one wheels and burnt rubber smell i returned home safe and booked for a follow up service.

We informed the service center of what happened along with the brakes where still not really fixed and the engine revs at idle were bit higher then normal. My parent were concerned because of the noise and consumption of more fuel. A staff member called my parents to inform them they could not find any issue with the car (I suspect a junior mechanic did not assumable wheels correctly the first time and thus the vibrations.) and was ready for pickup in the afternoon. They reminded them to check the parking brakes and Revs in case.

So on arrival we were not expecting any charges since the service center did not do it right the first time but to our amazement they wanted to charge us ~$1100. This was for replacing a part in the parking brakes, as the original lost some tension. We had no knowledge of this and complained to the Service Manager who pointed to a report indicating we authorized the replacement. My parents denied they did as we could have lived with a sticky parking brake. I debated the issue with the Service Manager who kept insisting we approved the repairs, he was arrogant, condescending at this staged and offered no solutions insisting we were in the wrong. By now my elderly parents were upset and getting nowhere so i asked to speak to the Manger. The Service Manger proceeded into the Managers office who appeared to have conversation but i suspect it was for show. After a while the Service Manager come out and we continued the debate. The Manager did not even have the courtesy to come out and apologies or speak to us. We continued for a bit longer, with the Service Manager offering to not charge for inspecting the wheels, only ~ $110. This was totally not acceptable since we just paid ~$800 for a service the week prior and likley was not re-assumable correctly in the last service.

Alternatively we could wait 2 hours as they remove the new part and replace the original of the parking brake. By now its 5pm and my parents just wanted to go home. Not happy with the outcome but generally easy going people my parents accepted the discount and finished up. Adding injury to insult as we picked up the car out front my parents noticed the Rev were still idling high and the Service Manager told us it seems they did not know too look at it as it was not on the report and they could not did anything now. Needless to say we left unhappy and i am looking for another dealer for my parents. They have been loyal customers for over 10 years and this is not their first car, and while they will not do anything about it i feel personally insulted on how they and we have been treated and hope this review leads to changes or effect their bottom line.

Like most of the reviews i read here, this Dealers makes too many mistakes due to lack of internal communications and customers are blamed or have to pay for them, finally the attitude customers get for asking for better services is disgraceful. This the first time i felt we have been cheated for being loyal and honesty customers as my parents annual service cost doubled and wasted their time.

Very poor customer service - Alexandria

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

This dealership has no idea about Customer Service.
The vehicle which had been serviced by this dealership broke down and had to be towed by Mercedes Towing Assist. What occurred once it entered the dealership was one blunder after another.
1. The dealership advised that I should ring Towing Assist and get them to bring oil. Towing Assist were surprised by this and advised that their drivers do not carry oil
2. After the vehicle had been delivered the dealership said they weren't sure that they had the car. This was over an hour after a text had been from Towing Assist that the car had been delivered. Every time I called to follow up, I had to explain the situation from scratch.
3. The dealership advised they were busy and couldn't determine when they could look at the vehicle. "It could be today, it could be tomorrow"
4. The dealership advised then after looking at the car there was nothing wrong with it.
5. Having picked up the car, the dealership again assured me there was nothing wrong. Half way home the engine problem occurred again and steam was coming from the bonnet. In the dark, I called them for their help. They said to video it as there was nothing wrong with the car.
6. Towing Assist has now picked the car up again for the second time in two days. The car would not even start by this time and had to be rolled onto the tow truck.

My advice to MB Alexandria is to know your customers. I know the names of everyone at your dealership to whom I have ever spoken. Believe your customers - Do not ask for videos when a customer is stranded in the dark, really scared with a broken down car. Give customers timeframes and check the service reports. Liaise more with Towing Assist - Their service is exceptional. They can teach you how to provide good service. They can also provide detail on delivery of the vehicle which can help with your assessment. Mercedes is an incredible brand and that is why people pay a premium. Your dealership is certainly bringing the brand down.

Alexandria Benz dealer - bad quality product

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I purchased benz c250 only few days ago but don't know why the started odo already 100km and the wipers broke down. These kinds of matter shouldn't be happened to new car, especially to expensive and famous brand like Mercedes Benz. I'm very disappointed and doubt that they possibly gave me a demo car instead of brand new one. Cheating!!!

Unsubscribe Failure

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Some kind advice: Never provide your Mercedes-Benz dealer with your email address, you are not obliged to give it to them even for warranty work. The problem is they will put you on a mailing list and unsubscribes, emails and letters to their privacy department fail to rectify this.

Mercedes W205 C250 wagon

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I purchased my mercedes from Geelong city motors & I am pleased to say that they & the car have been very good. I recommend any one in the region to visit this dealership & ask for Mark Harrison. After reading some of the previous posts I feel very lucky that they have looked after me. The car has now only 10000 kms on it & so far only one issue (the GPS display disappeared in hot weather) which they fixed promptly. Very happy with them.
Bernie