Private message

Don't trust Hornsby Mercedes.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Bought a C Class Mercedes from Hornsby Mercedes-Benz. The purchasing process went well and they made us feel important and warm and fuzzy. With the purchase I was told in writing that I could have a free car wash for as long as I owned the car. All was good for a while, but now I have been told That I can no longer have the free wash as I did not have the car serviced there enough. Don't trust them!!

Confidentiality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

I recently was asked to complete a survey after having maintenance carried out at MB Lismore. I gave my opinion on which I hoped you would react. I was not happy with the service for several reasons, non of which where technical, but I pointed out that to me MB service was a last resort due to cost. Within 2 hours I recieved a call from MB Lismore asking me to explain myself.
As a result I doubt I will ever resort to MB Australia again
Kev Lamb
Grevillia NSW

Mt Eliza

Silver Star Doncaster MB

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

WOW- when did a dealership become so successful the receptionist very annoyed informs you that the person you want to speak to is with a customer and cannot return the call until 2 days later and "all the sales GUYS are too busy with customers today to speak with you on the phone". I did highlight that I too was a 'customer' & wanted to buy a car I had confirmed with the consultant they had in stock. I was again advised maybe a return call might happen Monday! I advised not to bother as it all seemed such a pain to hope for a little customer service even if over the phone. I will buy the car my 4th from another dealership. MB you became a prestigious luxury brand through your exceptional product & customer service that was above all others. unfortunately this dealer has forgotten the above customer service component.

Mercedes Benz

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Read comments on website before you buy, we have a Mercedes-Benz for almost 3 year, after we had a puncture on Saturday 5pm, our car is off the road for 4 days..Sunday is Xmas Eve, Monday is Xmas Day, Tuesday is Boxing Day, most current Europeans car do not carry spare tyre in the car, if you call Mercedes-Benz Road Care, they can not fix it for you as there is no spare tyre. I had a bad experience with Mercedes-Benz when I first time took my car for a service, you arrange your own drop off and pick up. Before we bought the car, car dealer said they do offer courtesy car when you book for the car service (didn't mention IF there is any available) or you need to book few months in advance to get a courtesy car (if you are lucky). The service from Mercedes-Benz have been slipping backwards, now we are thinking of buying other brand (Not Mercedes-Benz), even my friend bought other brand after his Mercedes-Benz had a car accident (airbag did not opened), Why? they said the force was not strong enough to activate the airbag (Oh, my god), BTW, his car was written off...

Mercedes Benz Brighton....No care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

My experience here is nothing but feeling being let down continuously. In the last months of my 3 year warranty I have had 3 major issues that have taken my car off the road for several days. However the service people seem to think this is normal and that I shouldn't be concerned . I love my Benz when it is going well but feel I have got a lemon. Called to get dealer principal to discuss . Of course no answer. Other comments of Brighton MB seem to reflect my own experience.

Melbourne

Never buy a car from Berwick Mercedes's

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Drove two hours with deposit money in my pocket to buy a c43, upon arrival I was rushed through the whole buying experience by being passed from one salesperson to another until finally being intimidated if I would buy the car today, then when finally being invited into sales office had to wait again as seller was busy with other clients. When he finally returned refused aggresively not to disclose the best price I could purchase vehicle for. I politely stood up and left premises and proceeded to another dealer in Fairfield and was treated with the highest professional respect and manners there.If you feel that you would like to be devoured by a bunch of money hungry wild pigs that have never eaten before I would highly recommend going to Berwick Mercedes's and totally destroying any lovely experience of buying a Mercedes's Benz . Beware as this company won't even go to a simple effort of ensuring the vehicle was at least clean for viewing,absolutely pathetic dealership.

Service and faults

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

The service on the car was excellent. Fault correction was good with one replacement pert yet to be installed and tested. Time taken was longer than anticipated.

Brisbane

Fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I brought my C200 for annual service at Brisbane Merc. Arrived in the morning greeted by a person looked more as sales than mechanic. He tried to 'sell' me everything that would cost $3000 for a scheduled Service A. It's ridiculous that he could recommend to change/replace this and that without checking anything. I rejected most of the offer. In the afternoon 'the sales' called me telling me that the coolant connection at cylinder head leaking, front sway bar links leaking and other things not so important (minor). To fix the two major problems and the regular service would cost me over $3000. I rejected and asked to just do the regular and AC service and paid almost $1100.
The next day, I brought the car to another mechanic to check on the two major issues found by Merc Service. My mechanic could not find anything wrong.
So, Merc service centre is a fraud and very unprofessional. Shame on the reputable brand!
Be careful everybody.

Good dealership - Wollongong Mercedes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have bought 2 vehicles from Wollongong Mercedes and they have been very professional in their approach and were extremely competitive in their trade-in's and their sale prices. Their service has been exceptional. I would recommend them to anyone who is contemplating buying a Mercedes Benz

Private message

Mercedes Benz Brighton would not know a customer if they fell over them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I purchased a CLA 250. Took it in for first service. Arrived to find the loan car was not ready, waited 1/2 while they got it ready. Did not call to tell me my car finished - then complained I was late. Did not test anything. None of my issues were fixed. Complained in first dealer survey - no response - complained in second MB survey - no response - called and asked to speak to service manager - no response. My advice: Don't buy a car here. They would not know a customer if they tripped over one.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Was I taken for a ride?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

I was told I am getting a discount. But when I checked online after I purchased the price was almost the same with Permaguard exterior / Interior. Next time, I will not be fooled by their discounts. But very comfortable car and we love this car. Hopefully we will buy many more Mercedes in the future.

They are a liar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

My parents bought a wagon at Doncaster Mercedes. They were told that they have to order in a new one as not many people buy them. We just found out after a few years when we are thinking of trading in to buy a new one that they were sold a 2 year old model though a new car for the price of the new model.

SYDNEY

Verified Customer

Terrible post sales service from Mercedes Benz South Melbourne and Mercedes Benz Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

My car was falsely advertised as keyless go - but the keyless start ignition component is missing.
I still only have 1 key 11 weeks after collecting the car.
Upon collection I was asked to waive my consumer rights to a cooling off period - That's not what you'd expect from Mercedes.
The car failed its NSW roadworthy test due to a faulty airbag. (Perhaps the reason for the waiver)
Refunds were hard to get processed leading to delays. (Took weeks to get any funds back - claimed they couldn't pay to credit card or EFT - Sent me a cheque. It's 2017!)
There was undisclosed damage to the car. Minor but had been hidden using polish or something.
I've waited weeks to get any sort of callback from the dealership. Then I have been lied to and ignored. No-one has taken ownership of the issues. More-so I've been passed around various people who have all backed each others lies. They have sort to deny any responsibility and have implied I damaged the car and somehow effected the airbag system!!!! They are now refusing to honour their promise of providing a second key.
I've had to get legal advice and I'm about to lodge a claim with consumer affairs VIC and VCAT to try and get resolved.
My losses for slow delivery, lack of keyless go ignition option and lack of second key means my losses are into the thousands. And that's without my lost earnings given the days I've now spent on this.
Do not deal with mercedes benz south Melbourne. They are not to be trusted. Check other reviews which substantiate my complaints.

Private message

Disappointed with Tynan motor service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

My car has problems with steering wheel and I brought in to have the problem sorted out. Few hours later, they told me "it's been fixed " and after that, I found the steering wheel still has problem. And I rang them, they said "It's normal!"

Sydney Mercedes sales experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2017

Visited the above dealership today 3/9/2017 at 9.50 am .
Told by staff we do not open until 10:00 am .
My interest was in C63s coupe .
Sales experience non existence e.g. No introduction , little product knowledge or enthusiasm..
Valuation price pathetic ( about 2/3 of wholesale price , new vehicle full retail price.
Sadly would not recommend this dealership and will not buy a Benz.
Off to place an order for a new Porsche.
Please note had my own dealership for twenty years and therefore have some idea how things work.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mercedes Benz Brighton (Vic) Servicing Horrors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

Bring car in for annual warranty servicing pointing out issues that were ignored previously. Of course the problems raised were ignored again, Written questions are either ignored totally or answered in such a convoluted manner as to make "Yes Minister" appear sane. Unfortunately this reaches up all the way to the service manager. (I write asking about an issue, the reply goes off on some unrelated tangent. If you draw attention that the question remains unanswered, service manager decides its 'not even worth a response"... now that's customer service for you...NOT.

Of course the car was returned with existing issues, but as a bonus, they saved me wasting my money/time dealing with this belligerent mess they call a service department in the future.

Other than FREE warranty servicing, be wise and take your business elsewhere.

Pick the right dealer. Mercedes Berwick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I read with interest the problems people experience when buying a Mercedes. Have purchased four cars over several years from Mercedes in Berwick Victoria I can only assume people are buying from the wrong dealership. Having just had my car serviced I am still treated as good as the day I purchased my first car from them. Their are extremely professional, attentive to my needs and promptly address any rare issue I may have. I highly recommend Mercedes in Berwick.

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

The whole Mercedes journey a joke !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I purchased a Mercedes SLK 250 two years ago with agility finance ! The dealer at Marshalls Parramtta were nice warm and fuzzy ! Once I purchased it the car they didn't want to know ! I wanted to re finance with agility , forget it ! They have no interest in helping anyone out at all and talk to to like your some sort of low life . I wanted to backtrade my car and Marshalls they wanted me to add onto. $50k car another $20k shortfall . I applied for hardship with agility , they are pathetic ! Again as helpful as tits on a bull ! Do not buy a Mercedes with agility finance you will never get out of it or refinance with them as they don't allow it . Aglitys hardship process is a joke ! As for Mercedes Parramatta I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ! Once you purchase hey don't even return calls unless they want you to pay for a service then they call you !!!
I wish I had stayed with BMW ! At least a little Better service , but not much !

• 15 helpful votes

1) Contract 2) Wheel alignment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

1. Do not enter into a contract with Mercedes-Benz for the purchase of your Merc unless you are absolutely sure that you will go full-term. If you apply for early termination of contract they just ignore you.

2. Ensure that your new Merc has a front suspension design that allows for a FULL wheel alignment (not just toe-in, toe-out adjustment). If not, then you have to pay $600 for the suspension modification plus the cost of the wheel alignment. Be warned. Have it written into your purchase contract.

Berwick

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

The sales staff Tong is very good. Due to my loan delay,these guys do help me a lot..Also people are very professional and friendly. I would definately recommond to everyone

1 of 2 pages