E63 S Lemon

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

In September 2017 l brought a new E63 S it has now done around 12000 km on the 25/5/18 l returned the car to Airport Mercedes in Melbourne because when driving the car slowly and turning the car it would jump badly. On the 1/6/18 l received a call from the service department explaining the car had been checked by their technicians and everything was fine with the car. The explanation was it was skipping and this is normal because the front tyres are wide and also they are for hot weather not cold rainy days. This is weird because when the car went back for the first service at 3000 km it was both cold and raining and there was no skipping. Also he had suggested that I might want to pick the car up for a week as they had contacted Mercedes Head Office for any information that they might have and were awaiting their reply, I declined the offer and explained that the car was to dangerous to put my wife and kids in and also offered to take someone from head office for a drive in the wet and see if they would let there family travel in this car. It is now the 12/6/18 and I haven’t heard anything from either Mercedes Head Office or Airport Mercedes. This is my seventh Mercedes and I have never experienced these problems previously.

Verified Customer

I an very disappointed too!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

This is the fourth Mercedes that I bought in Sydney. This time is a GLS 220d---the car came with electrical fault on the same day I picked it up!!. unbelievable bad experiences! ...very long story... in simple word---great sales guy but the rest team are quite disappointing!

Simply Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

June 2017, bought my first car which is the A250 sport 4matic over at Mercedes Benz Alexandria, Sydney. Car was totally brand new, had no problem the first 6 months until April 2018. I was in the middle of traffic where I shifted the gear to "N", and a while after the light turned green the car won't budge when I tried shifting it back to "D". The yellow engine break icon in the speedometer showed up. Panicked, eventually ending up blocking the road for 30 minutes before the road assist came by and the guy said he rebooted the battery and I ended up driving the car back home but still with the yellow engine break icon on. The next day brought it back to the Mercedes garage, my car ended up staying there for 2 days which I then came back to pick up and the lady at the desk told me "We had fix your issue and there should be no further problem". 2 days ago, 26 May 2018 found out that sentence was the biggest lie. The same thing happened over again, the "N" won't shift back to "D" gear, blocking the road, until the road assistant guy came and did the same procedure. Highly recommend to spend your penny on other German competitors.

Sydney, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Mercedes Benz Sydney= White Collar Pirates

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

So I go to buy a new A180, and wanting $12k finance. The finance dude tells me it's better to get the whole $42,000 car with finance and put my own money in the bank and get interest!! Only an idiot could suggest that as the bank pays 2% interest but MB Finance gets 8% interest!
Then next day he emails me the details of the finance, all good. When I go to pick up the car they put some papers in front of me and I sign them! But when I go home I notice that the finance was $18,000 and not $12,000 ! They had added 2 years of extended warranty for $4000 without me asking for it. And $900 for dealer and some other items which added $6000 to my finance!

I asked them to refund the $4000 of extended warranty. It took them 2 months to refund it and in that two months I paid interest for that $4000 to MB Finance! But when they mailed the cheque of the refund to me, it was $3995 because they deducted $5 for postage!!!

Avoid these white collar cons at all cost. Take your business elsewhere. This will be my first and last Mercedes Benz car!

Greedy manager at Fortitude Valey, Brisbane City service department

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I took my daughters car for first service to BNE MB all was booked and capped pricing was agreed before hand (my daughter is second owner) manager agreed to honor it, So I took car in the morning and people at front ticked everything as OK,
Left car with them walked to my job at Woollongabba, an hour later received call from service saying that they can not honor capped service pricing and that service will be $690 instead of $396 (managers call).
So I went back walking again (very upset) in hope they have valid reason for it, before that I checked and booked with McGregor Merc and they said no problem we will honor capped price. Got there and asked to speak to manager and here he is in front of me trying to explain they have policy (where was this policy before we booked in this service). I explained that other dealership will honor capped servicing, hes response was if they want to do service for $20 they are welcome, I responded "isn't that greed on your side".
I believe this dealership is very greedy and rude, probably because they are situated in prime area and people are easy to manipulate / rip off.
Only what I can say is who ever use this place be aware and triple check before paying or agreeing with any pricing I certainly am not taking my business to those ignorant people and will lobby everyone in my circles not to use Fortitude Valley Merc for any type of business. Imagine if my daughter 18 years old was dealing with them they would walk over her. At the end I have to admit that I was loud and rude to them too.
I will try to take this complaint further to Australasia Mercedes Benz and Consumer affairs will wait see what they have to say.

Mercedes Benz Toorak - Disorganised and abrupt

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Have had car serviced at Richmond (MB Toorak) several times (2 cars) and every time there is an issue. These range from forgetting the car was booked for service, arriving for booked service and parts not available (3 times out of 5), being told things need replacing as they are irreparable and then when part not available told they could fix it at 1/10 the cost, being told car was fixed and being quality checked only to find out work had not commenced, being told service would take an hour and waiting for over 3 and staff that really don't care.

Melbourne

Terrible, do not use Mercedes Benz, South Melbourne

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Serviced the car at Mercedes Benz, South Melbourne. Came back with a car that had a oil leak. They did more damage than good.

Got informed recently there is a recall with the steering. Can't blame them for that, but I booked an appointment to have it fixed, and when I arrived, they said they don't have the parts, and wanted to sucker me in to get my car serviced for 60km major service even though I've only done 25km instead. Now have to wait 3 weeks for parts, which they should have organised, and I've wasted a whole day.

Terrible.

Mercedes Benz Berwick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

My second car service with my new CLA200 at Berwick MB. Fully satisfied with service and information given by Aaron .
Thanks for the gift as well

4 tyre issues 1 year - NEVER AGAIN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Since January I've had to wait by the side of the road for a towtruck 4 times because my tyre had punctured. Two times were at night. Every time involved at least 24 hours off the road. MB Brisbane assures me that 'these things happen', 'it must be where I've been driving' and provides similar platitudes. The response is condescending and offensive especially as there are so many other Mercedes, BMW and Audi drivers that I work with, even a Maserati driver, and all find this amusing. I will never drive a Mercedes again. Why pay so much money to be patronised and constantly inconvenienced?

Brisbane service dreadful.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Was given a quote for repair due to miss fuelling. Had to pay $275 for ”diagnostics”. $19,000 Took the car to a specialist Mercedes Benz repairer with great reviews. $2200. Car drives perfectly. When I queried why I was quoted such a huge amount and requested a refund of my $275 I was spoken to like an idiot, and given no plausible explanation. Oh apart from well you can get your insurance company to pay, so I take it the quote was grossly inflated to con the insurance company? The service manager was very dismissive and said he would get his manager to call me. This man was aggressive, rude, condescending and continuously spoke over me and treated me as an idiot. So I’ve paid $275 for a quote to replace numerous parts that didn’t need replacing. Utterly disgusted with the blatant attempt to rip me off and the shocking attitude of the two managers.

Private message

Don't trust Hornsby Mercedes.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Bought a C Class Mercedes from Hornsby Mercedes-Benz. The purchasing process went well and they made us feel important and warm and fuzzy. With the purchase I was told in writing that I could have a free car wash for as long as I owned the car. All was good for a while, but now I have been told That I can no longer have the free wash as I did not have the car serviced there enough. Don't trust them!!

Grevillia

Confidentiality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

I recently was asked to complete a survey after having maintenance carried out at MB Lismore. I gave my opinion on which I hoped you would react. I was not happy with the service for several reasons, non of which where technical, but I pointed out that to me MB service was a last resort due to cost. Within 2 hours I recieved a call from MB Lismore asking me to explain myself.
As a result I doubt I will ever resort to MB Australia again
Kev Lamb
Grevillia NSW

Mt Eliza

• 8 helpful votes

Silver Star Doncaster MB

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

WOW- when did a dealership become so successful the receptionist very annoyed informs you that the person you want to speak to is with a customer and cannot return the call until 2 days later and "all the sales GUYS are too busy with customers today to speak with you on the phone". I did highlight that I too was a 'customer' & wanted to buy a car I had confirmed with the consultant they had in stock. I was again advised maybe a return call might happen Monday! I advised not to bother as it all seemed such a pain to hope for a little customer service even if over the phone. I will buy the car my 4th from another dealership. MB you became a prestigious luxury brand through your exceptional product & customer service that was above all others. unfortunately this dealer has forgotten the above customer service component.

Mercedes Benz

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Read comments on website before you buy, we have a Mercedes-Benz for almost 3 year, after we had a puncture on Saturday 5pm, our car is off the road for 4 days..Sunday is Xmas Eve, Monday is Xmas Day, Tuesday is Boxing Day, most current Europeans car do not carry spare tyre in the car, if you call Mercedes-Benz Road Care, they can not fix it for you as there is no spare tyre. I had a bad experience with Mercedes-Benz when I first time took my car for a service, you arrange your own drop off and pick up. Before we bought the car, car dealer said they do offer courtesy car when you book for the car service (didn't mention IF there is any available) or you need to book few months in advance to get a courtesy car (if you are lucky). The service from Mercedes-Benz have been slipping backwards, now we are thinking of buying other brand (Not Mercedes-Benz), even my friend bought other brand after his Mercedes-Benz had a car accident (airbag did not opened), Why? they said the force was not strong enough to activate the airbag (Oh, my god), BTW, his car was written off...

Mercedes Benz Brighton....No care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

My experience here is nothing but feeling being let down continuously. In the last months of my 3 year warranty I have had 3 major issues that have taken my car off the road for several days. However the service people seem to think this is normal and that I shouldn't be concerned . I love my Benz when it is going well but feel I have got a lemon. Called to get dealer principal to discuss . Of course no answer. Other comments of Brighton MB seem to reflect my own experience.

Melbourne

Never buy a car from Berwick Mercedes's

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Drove two hours with deposit money in my pocket to buy a c43, upon arrival I was rushed through the whole buying experience by being passed from one salesperson to another until finally being intimidated if I would buy the car today, then when finally being invited into sales office had to wait again as seller was busy with other clients. When he finally returned refused aggresively not to disclose the best price I could purchase vehicle for. I politely stood up and left premises and proceeded to another dealer in Fairfield and was treated with the highest professional respect and manners there.If you feel that you would like to be devoured by a bunch of money hungry wild pigs that have never eaten before I would highly recommend going to Berwick Mercedes's and totally destroying any lovely experience of buying a Mercedes's Benz . Beware as this company won't even go to a simple effort of ensuring the vehicle was at least clean for viewing,absolutely pathetic dealership.

Service and faults

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

The service on the car was excellent. Fault correction was good with one replacement pert yet to be installed and tested. Time taken was longer than anticipated.

• 5 helpful votes

Fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I brought my C200 for annual service at Brisbane Merc. Arrived in the morning greeted by a person looked more as sales than mechanic. He tried to 'sell' me everything that would cost $3000 for a scheduled Service A. It's ridiculous that he could recommend to change/replace this and that without checking anything. I rejected most of the offer. In the afternoon 'the sales' called me telling me that the coolant connection at cylinder head leaking, front sway bar links leaking and other things not so important (minor). To fix the two major problems and the regular service would cost me over $3000. I rejected and asked to just do the regular and AC service and paid almost $1100.
The next day, I brought the car to another mechanic to check on the two major issues found by Merc Service. My mechanic could not find anything wrong.
So, Merc service centre is a fraud and very unprofessional. Shame on the reputable brand!
Be careful everybody.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Kangaloon

Good dealership - Wollongong Mercedes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have bought 2 vehicles from Wollongong Mercedes and they have been very professional in their approach and were extremely competitive in their trade-in's and their sale prices. Their service has been exceptional. I would recommend them to anyone who is contemplating buying a Mercedes Benz

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Mercedes Benz Brighton would not know a customer if they fell over them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I purchased a CLA 250. Took it in for first service. Arrived to find the loan car was not ready, waited 1/2 while they got it ready. Did not call to tell me my car finished - then complained I was late. Did not test anything. None of my issues were fixed. Complained in first dealer survey - no response - complained in second MB survey - no response - called and asked to speak to service manager - no response. My advice: Don't buy a car here. They would not know a customer if they tripped over one.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes