Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Annoying

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

The My Genie ZX1000 is great for getting under hard to reach places like beds and desks. I however found that it would go over the same spot many times in a row and I would have to use the remote control to change the direction constantly. This actually makes it more time consuming than using a regular vacuum.

Purchased at: eBay

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Faulty Battery and charger!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Bought this at Kogan on 6 June 2018. It broke down 3 weeks ago, only used for 5 months. The charger and the battery are faulty. Tried to contact Kogan for customer service for 3 weeks already but no reply. Tried to contact the manufacturer as well, but no phone number, no address, only email. As usual, no reply via email. Poor performance of the machine, and poor after-sale service and support too.

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

So far excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I use robot twice/three times a day I have a disability and this machine is a godsend. I am 61 yrs old have problems with my back neck and legs. I have a barrel vacuum but found cords are a problem. I would go so far as to say every person who has age on them or a disability do not hesitate to buy one. It gets stuck on occasion but better than cords every where and pain. Thank you for whoever had the brain to invent such a marvellous machine.
Grandkids love it to use cleaning my unit. LOL

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Poor copy of a Roomba.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Bought this to have downstairs as I have a Roomba upstairs. AI failure. Gets stuck all the time. Missed debris often, just doesn’t appear to have sufficient suction even when it runs over it several times. Seems to completely miss areas while covering other areas many times. Support from supplier abysmal. Stick with the real thing not this toy.

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

I love it!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

I love this machine!!.. I have run it twice today after it took itself back to charging station & recharged. Of course it is going to get stuck sometimes under some furniture but I have only had to redirect it twice. It goes from hard floor to over my mats. The amount of dog hair etc it has picked up is amazing. So far I cannot fault it...

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Normal carpet and just bought today. Got stuck under my bed in an impossible place against the wall. Then in several places, just seems to go back and forward. No batteries supplied so bought some but control dead. Will get some more and see if it is the batteries. Mine doesn't go very far before it gets stuck. Not at all what I expected.

Purchased at: eBay

Queensland

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

I keep tripping over the silly thing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

I don't know why they made this black as when it stops mid floor it's a tripping HAZZARD and the light is so dim it doesn't really help! The robot vacuum dose pick stuff up but not every thing and it's charge time is very silly long and it missed areas.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Good value for money.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

After I bought it, this kind of simple cleaning work relied on it, the cleaning was clean and the cleaning efficiency was very good. Product durability, stability, and good performance in later maintenance. Can go back to charging normally. There is a remote control that allows it to help in times of difficulty.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

TAMBAR SPRINGS

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

very good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

It seems OK but it's sometimes not able to make it's way back to the base to recharge. Often we are finding it powered off in weird places. Shaggy rugs are a problem as the brushes get tangled up. Batteries are not supplied. The virtual wall device takes DD batteries. It would be a lot easier if it took AA's so I can use a set of rechargeables already owned.

NORTH JOHNSTONE

This is great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Great value for money. Easy to set up and use. Haven't had it for long and haven't tested ALL the features yet. However, have no complaints so far. Has done everything I have asked of it as per the promised blurb. So far, so good.Recommend everyone to buy at ease!

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Did the Job

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2018

Used on carpets and laminate flooring this product did a surprisingly good job at first. Over time the battery doesn't last like it did at the beginning unfortunately. The vacuum sometimes struggled to get to the home dock as well. Overall not a bad vacuum, did not try the mopping attachment.

Purchased at: Dick Smith

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Died and the worst customer service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Used it 3 times then left it for 6 months as we moved house. It died and all we got was a canned response that the problem was wear and tear. Were unable to buy a new battery to get it going again. Most expensive 3 vacuums ever!! Would not buy again.

Purchased at: Dick Smith

North Mackay

Date Purchased: May 2018

Love My Genie

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I use "My Genie" robotic vacuum to vacuum and mop timber and tiled floors and absolutely love it. I also love the spot clean function on it to clean up those occasional spills. I would not hesitate to highly recommend it to anyone interested in a value for money robotic vacuum!

Purchased at: Harris Scarfe

Apollo Bay

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Much better than the first robo vacs that came out years ago

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

The my Genie ZX is so much better than the first generation robo vacs that came out many years ago that were really rubbish. My Genie picks up a lot in the slot holder in just one run. Still dose not run very long on a charge but it's a start. Cleans both carpet and Lino but better job it dose on our carpet

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Sydney

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

After Sales Support is Terrible!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

The unit itself is OK. We have a wide expanse of wooden flooring and It vacuums this quite well but can get caught in some locations from time to time. In these situations, it seems to stay in one place and spin its wheels which can cause a wear mark on the floor. I have learnt to only use it when I am home as I wouldn't trust it to work unsupervised.

Purchased at: BDirect.com.au

Victoria

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Surprisingly a great vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

We use the vacuum on carpet, tiles and floating floorboards. Works really well on carpet but not so well on more solid surfaces as it flicks the crumbs/dust rather than sucking them up. I’m always surprised when emptying the vacuum how much dust it has sucked up! The downside is that it doesn’t really have a proper route of where to go and often repeats the same area over and over again rather than moving elsewhere so I often find myself guiding it with the remote. It’s a good vacuum for in between more thorough cleans with a proper vacuum.

Purchased at: Groupon

Hopeless

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

Hopeless, doesn’t mop well, gets stuck everywhere and doesn’t go back to dock to charge. Help desk is hard to communicate with and very unhelpful. Very unhappy with this product. Instruction manual is hard to follow and not much information. Good just to do middle of floor like kitchen. Don’t buy

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

This is a great machine for cleaning up behind a hairy cat

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

I have a polished floor with a lot of knots in it which i think confuses the sensors and turns it in circles and reverses unnecessary however you do need to maintain it by cleaning the filters and the sensors otherwise very happy with the machine unfortunately you can’t leave it on it’s own.

Purchased at: Harris Scarfe

Edwards Town

Date Purchased: May 2016

Zooms about cleaning our floor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

We have this on daily. Simply walk past and press the go button and off it goes. Haven't had to do a super clean for a long time now since having using this small little robo vac. Was a really handy great buy and cleaning it is as simple as turning it over and pulling out the small tray

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Millbridge

• 4 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Battery is the weak link

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

The unit seemed to work OK for the first 6 months, then things started to go wrong. It became more and more difficult to get it to charge up until eventually it wouldn't charge at all ( error message E008 ) . It also became erratic and wouldn't respond to the remote control . Its ability to pick up dirt was not wonderful. Insufficient suction .
I lodged a warranty claim with MyDeal who replaced the battery. That made all the difference. It is like new again.

1 of 3 pages