Filter By:
  • 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Professional and excellent team. Smooth transfer from Sydney to San Diego!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

OSS moved my household belongings from Sydney to San Diego recently. From the first meeting, at the office in Sydney, the boys who packed the items, the international transferring team, shipping agent in Los Angelis and the team who delivered the goods were fantastic and very professional. Mike from the Melbourne office was exceptional in handling some insurance issues and nothing was a problem. The entire moving process was a breeze. I highly recommend OSS World Wide!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 13 answers
  • 46 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Smooth, professional, disciplined and friendly.World class service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

OSS moved a large portion of the contents of our three bedroom house and two dogs from Sydney to London. They stored the remainder of our stuff very cost effectively in Australia while we lived in the UK. The whole process was incredibly worry-free. An account operative was assigned to us. Colleen was always available to answer our questions and advise us of our responsiblities as they unfolded. She was very professional indeed. Every stage, from contract signing to delivery in London was on-time and seamless. The removals guys were fantastic.T hey were careful, considerate and efficient. OSS's spectacular performance was a relief given all the other stresses involved in taking up an expatriate assignment. OSS also managed the freight of our car and its contents from the UK to Australia. Again, this was very smoothly handled with all promised events ooccurring on time. This business is a winner. My wife and I would absolutely contract OSS again and strongly recommend them to anyone moving their belongings and or pets somewhere.

Very Professional!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

OSS oversaw receipt and delivery of all of our personal belongings from the United States here to the Gold Coast. Everything was handled in a very efficient manner, with all effects delivered on time as promised. Will not hesitate to use them again!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Fantastic friendly and seamless service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Move from Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne to Singapore 3 bed condo
Overall a fantastic experience from the initial quote, to the collection and packing of items, the handover to the local company in Singapore and then the drop off here. Friendly service, everything well communicated along the way and overall very well priced. I can highly recommend OSS.

Very Happy With OSS Move from Brisbane to Vancouver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We recently moved our things from a one bedroom apartment in Brisbane to Vancouver, Canada. Door to door it was approx. two months, which was much better than we expected. The entire process was cost effective, professional and organised - I would not hesitate to recommend OSS. OSS packed our goods, which was done efficiently and streamlined the Canada Customs process. My brother used OSS for a shipment to London from Sydney a couple of months beforehand and he was very happy as well.

Easy and Inexpensive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

After paying astronomical storage fees for years, I finally had the funds to return to Melbourne to clear and sort my storage and ship it to Vancouver, Canada. OSS Made the process easy. 13 boxes of household goods - mostly photos, clothing and a few knick knacks cost me $1066 to ship. OSS picked the boxes up from the storage facility and 3 months later, the transport company in Vancouver contacted me and emailed me the customs documents. A quick trip into the customs office to get it stamped, and my goods were delivered to my home a few days later. Since there were no large items and no new goods, I didn't have to pay a customs fee. I was very stressed about this process, but OSS made it seamless.

Glasgow

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Brisbane

Will use fine print when it suits them

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

We recently moved 10 boxes from Australia to the UK. All the OSS staff were courteous and mainly attentive but we had a few issues with additional charges and lack of communication. Firstly we were charged £85 for a random customs inspection and told we had to pay this straight away or risk being charged storage fees. We did so as we had already been waiting just under the contract specified 3 months but when the boxes arrived there was no sign that any had been opened, no customs stickers and we still have not received any proof of the charges from OSS even though we have asked repeatably. This has left us wondering why we were blackmailed to pay before they provided proof and why they have not provided that proof. Secondly we were asked to pay an additional £50 to deliver the boxes 2 extra flight of straits which turned out to equate to a rate of £300/ hour for the additional 10 minutes work. When we complained that it felt like we were being held to ransom we were told these charges were in accordance with the contract. However, when the boxes failed to be delivered on the due day there was zero communication, even though the contract specified that this had to happen. This does not recognise that people work and have to rearrange there day to receive goods but they can't even be bother to pick up the phone - presumably because they are unable to charge extra. So while the staff are courteous we feel the company will use the fine print to make unreasonable extra charges when it suits them.

Comments
OSS World Wide Movers Official

Hi Bruce, Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the issues you’ve experienced in the UK. Your comments are always appreciated even if we would prefer that your experience had been more... read more »

Awesome International/Local Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

OSS are fantastic...they took ownership of our shipping container from NZ and the team that delivered and unpacked it was very professional, funny and efficient. Then we decided to move back to NZ and they came and packed up a 3 bedroom home in less than a day and it was delivered to NZ complete, undamaged and within 10 days of it leaving Brisbane. I would very highly recommend using OSS for organising transport of your household good. THANKYOU OSS :)

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Best removalist services!! Don't look further

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

I would recommend OSS as it is the best experience I had with removalist. I moved my two bedroom apartment from Melbourne to New Caledonia. Moving is stressful enough not to mention moving overseas. OSS made the move very easy and stress free from the first phone call. Their services are fantastic and the staff very friendly, patient( had a lot of questions) and professional from the office staff to the removalist. The New Caledonia removalist when delivering were very impress by the quality of the packing and so was I.. nothing broken and delivered in time . A big thank you to the OSS entire team for making my move feeling like a holiday.

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Exceptional Service! Very professional and efficient.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

I would highly recommend OSS for moving overseas. I moved a one-bedroom apartment from Melbourne, Australia to Colorado in the United States and the move went smoothly. From the moment I contacted staff in the Melbourne office, until the time the shipment was transferred over to their US affiliate, I have nothing but great things to say about them. Renee, Jodi, Yvonne, and Dragana were efficient, professional, helpful and friendly. Most of all, they were so incredibly patient and understanding with all my questions and my levels of stress that go along with moving one’s worldly possessions overseas. The packing crew that showed up to wrap and box all of my items were equally efficient and professional. They were on time and completed the pack out within a few hours. OSS certainly knows how to do customer service! I was also able to track my shipment from the time it left Oz until it arrived in the US, which was great! When I move again I would 100% use them again. I had a wonderful experience.

Melbourne, VIC

Excellent services!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

I moved about half of a container from Melbourne to Auckland a few months ago. Renee was really good and kept following up on things during the inquiry stage as well as covering when I had requests on correcting the form at a later stage. Melinda and Susan are also very helpful and understanding. The 2 packing staff were very efficient as well. Overall - excellent services!! Sorry I have been so busy with work and family, just didn't have time to sit down and write review until now. I'm sure you guys will keep up the good work. Thanks very much!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Everything handled with utmost care.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Moved 10 boxes from NZ to Melbourne & everything arrived in perfect condition thanks to the very careful packing service provided. Kept informed every step of the way, shipment arrived a little earlier than expected which was good also. Would definitely use this company again in the future if needed.

Outstanding Professional Movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Moved a 2 bedroom apartment from the Gold Coast, Australia to Hawaii, USA. The experience was entirely stress -free. The excellent service extended from Australia and continued all the way through to the OSS Partner in Hawaii (M Dyers and Sons). OSS met and exceeded all expectations.

UK to AUSTRALIA

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

Fantastic & Seamless Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

Highly recommend OSS for any move. I was moving back home to Ireland after living in Sydney for over 20 years so had accumulated a lot of items. From the initial contact with the team in the office, to the team that came to pack up all my belongings in Sydney & the team that delivered them to me in Ireland, they could not be more helpful and professional. The entire process was exceptionally easy and I was able to track my shipment when ever I needed. The team also kept me informed of the process and assisted in all the paperwork for customs and insurance needs. Would have no hesitation to recommend and use OSS again.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Goods shipped from Brisbane to Auckland

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Was extremely impressed with the efficient service received from the office (Jacqueline)and the sales person (John) prior to packing day. Jacqueline promptly responded to all my queries and nothing was too much trouble. When the packers arrived we were impressed with their personable approach and the care they took in packing all our goods, especially the fragile items. OSS have delivered outstanding service and certainly reduced the stress associated with a very stressful time.

Quality Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I recently used OSS to transport some antiques from the UK to Australia. I was very happy with all aspects of the service provided by OSS, and the helpful attitude of everybody I interacted with. My shipment (by sea) went without hitch. When the goods arrived I was very impressed with how well they had been packed. The unpacking and rubbish removal service was superb.

Blenheim New Zealand

Boxes from Melbourne to Auckland

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Highly recommend, from first contact where I was trying to find prices, etc. they were very helpful, Packed myself, the pickup happened when Aaron said it would, and the follow on service i.e being kept informed was excellent. Took away the worry of moving country completely.

1 of 10 pages

Hi Would you offer moving house hold items in Melbourne?

kev asked on Jul 23, 2017

Hi Kev,

Thank you for your question, we are a specialist international company meaning we a specialise in moving people either to Australia from overseas or from Australia to overseas. If you are moving into Melbourne or from Melbourne to another country we would be happy to assist, please feel free to contact our Melbourne sales team [email protected]

We do offer local and interstate removals although generally only to our corporate/company paid clients as we only internationally wrap and pack (as if your effects were going overseas) and this is generally more expensive than normal local moving services.

If we aren't able to assist you with this move we wish you all the best in finding the right moving company

Regards,
OSS World Wide Movers

Hi there I want to sent some boxes of personal belongings to Auckland New Zealand from Brisbane qld Where about is your office in Brisbane as I live in [personal detail removed] And what time the office close Thanks Ajesh

Raj asked on Jun 07, 2017

Hi Raj,

Yes we can certainly help with your relocation to Auckland.

Our Brisbane Branch address is W3, 8 Osprey Drive, Port of Brisbane, QLD, 4178.

Our office hours are 7.30am - 5.00pm and we can be reached on 07 3348 2500.

Regards

OSS World Wide Movers

Are their members of staff trained? Who by?Are their staff uniformed?

melbourne asked on Nov 11, 2016

Answer this

Yes all staff members are put through rigorous training programmes both internally and externally. This includes but is not limited to Customs & Quarantine Training courses, AFRA & FIDI packing, wrapping, and safe handling courses, FIDI Academy Courses, as well as training by accredited Australia providers specific to the roles our staff are performing. More details are available on our website including short videos of our packing crews in action.

Beautiful question, Thank you OSS for answering this question and thank you for answering this question.

Training is so important for customer service, but the more important thing is how we incorporate this into our daily work route. We will always deal with different situations during our day that may not be as straight forward as our training. This is where a combination and understanding of our own abilities, knowledge, team support and communication comes into play when giving a quality of service. Understanding each other both internally = within a team and externally = each an every clients needs, will help each individual experience to be a pleasure. This also goes with customers being professional towards the business you are dealing with.

We are all people wanting our days to be happy and joyful and to succeed in our daily commitments and challenges with as much ease and support as possible no matter whether we are a customer or a person serving another.

Know that it is ok not to know something and or want to know something. There is always someone or something out there that will support you and give you the answers you are seeking.

Thank you for taking the time to read my response to the initial question asked.

See all 13 questions about OSS World Wide Movers