Redsbaby is offering reviewers that review the Metro2 the chance to win one of 150 Accessory bags. Reviews posted between May 10, 2018, and May 31, 2018 go into the running to win one of these bags. This is open to reviewers that post either a positive or negative review. The reviews below may have received this incentive.

Melbourne

Model: METRO2

Great features. Just a slight creak in frame.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I've had this pram for approx 1 month for my 6 month old, and using the bumper board for my 3 year old.

Pro's:
- Love the pouches on back of seat (I put a pack of wipes and spare nappy in it, which is super handy if I've popped out without the nappy bag).
- Really like that you can click each piece of the 5 point harness in individually!! With a fidgity baby, this feature is a big plus when trying to buckle him in.
- Love that you can purchase a pram liner (cheapily) that clips into place so it doesn't slip about.
- basket is huge and durable.
- Extendable hood is amazing, especially with the summer venting options.
- Extendable handle bar is great. My hubby is over 6ft and finds the pram reasonable to push.
- Love the leather finishes on the handle and bumper bar.
- Smooth to push.
- light weight.
- Folds easily, and can fold as one piece with seat facing forward.

Con's:
- can't fold as a single piece when seat is rear facing (although I always just quickly change the seat to forward before folding, so not a huge issue).
- Not sure if this happens to everyone, but 4 weeks into using the pram and the frame does have a slight creaky sound to it when going over bumps, or round corners (basically any movement that puts some pressure on the frame). To be fair, my previous Baby Jogger pram had creaky wheels, and that cost double what this Metro2 did, so I guess all prams will make some noise. Just wasn't expecting it after only a month of use.

Overall, the creaky noise aside, I genuinely love the pram and plan to continue using it!

Love my Redsbaby

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

The Metro2 is such a stylish and easy to use pram. It folds up and unfolds so quickly and with no fuss. I love all the features and different pram holes etc. The basket is a plus and the reason I chose the Metro over the Jive. We have been so pleased with this purchase, great value for money.

Canberra

It does the job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

I attended a demo day since it’s a direct to consumer online store only. It looked the part online but it really makes a difference if you can actually play with it. I appreciated the weight, convenience and simplicity of the design. I know quality pram as we owned a bugaboo pram 10 yrs ago, yes it’s a huge gap that’s why our bugaboo had been disposed, thus, the quest for a similar featured pram. One selling point aside from the lightweight is the one fold feature with the seat on (no removal needed). For the price, I’m not expecting high quality material and finish but it’s not too far off. The clever design assisted with the purchase decision. Awaiting for the delivery of our pram in August.

Model: METRO2

Love it!!! Great quality and value :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

I did some research comparing different strollers, spent the many hours in Baby Bunting trialling different brands.
After bub growing quickly out of our Yoyo bassinet (Selected for its awesome light weight, one arm assembly and travel friendly properties).

I was after a stroller that included:
- convert front and rear facing
- position laying down to upright angles
- extended hood
- peep window in the hood
- mesh segment in the hood for ventilation
- sturdiness to accommodate significant storage
- relatively light weight in consideration with all the above mentioned functions.

My Redsbaby Metro2 proved value for money! It met all of my desired attributes and was less than half the price of many other competitive brands.

The only other stroller I contemplated was the Cybex Mios as it contained the mesh seating (which would be great for Australian summer... I hope Redsbaby obtains inspiration from this feature) and was lighter in weight. However, failed to meet the storage requirements.

I hope a skateboard with a seat becomes available in time for 2nd!

I had an issue with the brake not releasing, but was able to get this fixed ASAP by attending the contracted service centre. Great customer service & great product!

Amazing amazing amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Literally was so unsure what pram to buy I was weighing up between this pram and a $16000 pram. I am sooooo glad I made the decision to go with Reds Baby. Literally the most perfect pram. Has all the expensive features at the amazing low price. It literally folds up so small which means more boot space which is what I wanted. My favourite feature is the click on and off wheels and the massive storage basket at the bottom. It is light and easy to manouver. I recommend this pram everyone. So glad I went Redsbaby

Maroubra

• 1 helpful vote

Stylish and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

3rd baby so I've been through a few prams/strollers. This one ticks all the boxes. Affordable price (seriously you could buy a 2nd hand car for the same amount some prams cost!) Easy to assemble, collapse and maneuver. Lite weight, great storage and canopy, comfy for baby with 4 point safety harness. Looks good too. Very practical. I love it.

Model: METRO2

Disappointed with packaging but customer service at management level was great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

I received two huge boxes for the pram and bassinet and set about ripping off the packaging (cardboard and foam) while reading the instructions. It was my own stupidity but despite a sticker warning I removed foam from bassinet support rods and part of support board (it wasn’t specified in instructions booklet though to not remove). Once I realised what happened, I was very disappointed that I had ruined the new pram.

I emailed then called customer service to let them know what happened, requesting replacement foam to repair. I was told they did not stock spares and could not help. Very disappointed that I wrecked my baby’s new bassinet, I posted a review of my experience.

I was then contacted promptly by customer service at management level that evening and had a new bassinet sent to me because removal of foam at support board then makes it a faulty product. It was not the company’s fault so I was then impressed with what they did and so quickly too.

I hope that we will now enjoy use of the pram when baby comes.

Wonderful pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I always get comments on how nice my pram is, it has a great storage tray underneath, and lots of helpful features. The brake is a little awkward to unlock however I noticed on the newer model it has changed so that would be my only criticism of the first metro model.

Verified Purchase Model: METRO2

So glad I found this pram!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

After a trip to B.B. I was torn between prams and thinking in need to compromise one way or another. But then after attending the Redsbaby demo I was over the moon to get all the features I wanted and more! AND all for a much better price! I find the metro sooo easy to fold and has all the cool features of the new bugaboo Fox. At less that half the price it was a no brainer. I am soooo happy with pram.

Great pram, great value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

The functionality of the pram is great. Haven previously had a Bugaboo, I love how I can fold the METRO with the seat attached, how compact it is and how easy it is to fit into the boot of the car. The basket is AMAZING, so easy to access and I LOVE that I can put so much stuff in it.

Model: METRO2

An impeccable pram across any metric

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

My wife and I have been using a Redsbaby Metro for nearly 1.5 years, and as such have now been able to use all the functionalities across the bassinet and chair setups. Under either configuration, the Metro is a truly exceptional pram.

The build quality is first class and after many many months of use, still operates as it came out of the box..... no rattles, gaps or squeaks, and it glides beautifully across all surfaces that you'd usually encounter when pushing bub along. The profile has also been very well thought through, as we've never had any serious issues manoeuvring it through tight spaces like the supermarket or car park.

The design is also very unique and arguably class-leading....... The basket is the biggest one you'll find on any pram of similar (and probably larger) size, which makes carrying bub's needs AND weekly groceries for 3 people a breeze. Protection from the elements has also been extremely well thought through, with the very innovative hood extending a long distance and, combined with the excellent UPF50 mesh sun cover, protects all of bub's body from the sun and heat. The hood is also very well ventilated via large zip-down windows revealing a similar mesh material to aerate the seat. Reds baby have also been very clever in considering the colder seasons, with accessories such as leg covers to nicely envelope bub's legs from the cold wind. Lastly, the 5-point harness seat belt is a genius design, with each belt clipping neatly into the central hub which is in contract to the relatively more fiddly assemblies seen on other prams.

Lastly, it has been a very easy pram to transport. The drop is seamless and clicks into its compressed position quickly and easily. It's light enough to lift into the boot with one hand and small enough to store away in a cupboard at home when not in use.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the Redsbaby Metro to anyone seeking an extremely well-built, highly-functional and easy to live with pram, that's very comfortable for both parents and bub across any metric.

Model: METRO2

The best decision we ever made

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

My wife and I purchase our Redsbaby Metro about a month before our first baby was born. We went with the Metro as it was light weight, and so easy to operate. We were looking for a pram that we could walk the streets for hours with, and the Metro is the ideal choice.
We love the large basket under neither that fits all our shopping, and the bassinet is so comfortable for our little one, she sleeps in there better than in her cot.
I could not be happier with our choice in pram's and would highly recommend these to anyone who asks me (and I have to many).

• 1 helpful vote

Very good pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Excellent quality, had no issues with it whatsoever. Just switched from bassinet to stroller mode and hopefully bub will continue to enjoy it. Easy to maneuver except for when pushing it in reverse. Easy to fold and carry though I still wish it were lighter . The only thing I think needs improvement is the basket underneath the seat, the bar is somewhat of a problem when trying to fit bulkier items in it. Overall, a great pram.

Need a large boot

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

Was really excited by this pram but it did not meet expectations in terms of easy for daily use - this pram takes up a lot of boot space.
Pros:
- Large storage basket
- well made, with nice finishes
- Steers and handles well
- smooth ride

Cons
- Takes up a lot of boot space - especially with bassinet
- can't fold in rear facing in one piece have to remove seat first - becomes tedious
- foot break hurts in open toe shoes - would benefit from a side to side (left/right) brake as opposed to a forward/back brake to save your feet and shoes!

Model: METRO

Amazing pram for first time mum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

With our first child on the way, we did months if research for the right pram. We wanted something light and durable for me to put in and out of the back the ute, with out any assistance from the hubby. And something that was small enough to get in and out of shops with out knocking things over (like giftshops and small cafes) but big enough for our daughter to grow into. After looking at the Joolz in shops and looking at all the reviews on line about the Metro Redsbaby (as we missed the demo day before bubs was born) We took the risk and got the Metro. And it was the best risk ever!!
I love our daughters pram. It's been extreanky light and durbale going in and put of the back of the ute. It's easy to move around small shops and cafes, with out getting into a pickle and needing to do a 3 point turn. Hehe. And our daughter loves being in it. When she was little she would fall asleep for hours in the bassinet. And now at 7 months. She love sitting up in her seat, watching the world go by as she plays.
We have found this pram wonderful to push on concrete and gravel footpaths, grass and even snow...yep snow (we live near Mt Buller)
The basket in the Metro is also wonderful. I can fit our daughter's nappy bag (backpack), bunch of flowers and a small food shop all into it.
Alot of my friends are jelouse of how big the basket is on our pram, compaired to their other brand prams.

We did have a slight issue with the pram frame in the first 4 months. The frame started to make this funny rattle noise when you pushed it. And it would be rather loud at time.
I informed the headoffice of Redsbaby and they didn't question anything. They sent me put a brand new frame. The customer service was wonderful!!

I can't fault this pram at all.
For a first time mum and dad, this pram has done nothing but impress us.
We recommend it to anyone looking for a light and durable pram. With a large basket.

We just wish they brought out the metro in the olive green before we ordered our navy one. ;)

Model: METRO

Ok pram but poor steering

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I find this pram really hard to push up curbs and changes to pavement heights etc. The front wheels lock and the pram comes to a halt, almost throwing your child out of the pram. I just had an accident where my pram fell over (with child inside) because the wheels locked. I like the look of it - but I wouldn't purchase if you are after an easy to wheel pram around the streets. It looks likes it's discontinued anyway, so hopefully this problem is fixed with the new model.

Comments
Redsbaby Official

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re very sorry to hear that you’ve had this experience with your METRO. It certainly isn't normal for the pram front wheels to lock and stop ... read more »

Model: METRO2

Love my pram. It is just perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Very light, easy to fold. Very good quality, I can easily travel with it by public transport and taxi driver does not get irritated to put it in the car as we can fold it in one piece. the only thing I don't like is that I have a black colour pram and it easily collect dust from everything.

Comments
Redsbaby Official

Hi Priyanka,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :) We are thrilled to hear that you and your family are loving your METRO! Brooke - RB Team xx

Sydney

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Fantastic pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

We really love our Metro. The pram is so easy to use, fold and maneuver. The basket underneath is huge and accessible.
If there was anything to improve, I would say having a handbrake instead of a foot one which can be tricky to unlock with open shoes. It's a minor detail and the pram is still worth five stars.

Comments
Redsbaby Official

Hi Julien, Thank you for your review and we are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the METRO and getting out and about with bubs. We find that the best way to engage and disengage the brake i... read more »

Love my pram!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

So happy with my Metro2. It’s just easy to set up and fold down. Lighter than all the prams I tried out. I LOVE the basket size and shape - it fits so much!
I looked at every brand pram and tried them in store multiple times. None ticked all my boxes except the redsbaby Metro. It’s stylish, yet easy to use, good quality, easy fold down, light weight, large basket and easy break (even in open toe shoes or heels) Would definitely recommend! Just love it!

Comments
Redsbaby Official

Hi Jens,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing how our customers are enjoying the different features of the prams. Thank you for recommending us and supporting our Australian company :)

I love my metro pram!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I was looking at the Redsbaby Metro pram in black as I saw a post on Instagram and was in the market for a pram. Then I found out the price... boy was I impressed! For other prams like this, you’d be looking at paying over $1000! I received the pram recently and my husband loved it more than me! He can’t wait to use it! It is super easy to manover and is lightweight! It will be easy for me to fold and put in the back of the car when the baby comes! I cannot wait to use my REDSBABY!!!!

Comments
Redsbaby Official

Hi Danielle,

1 of 21 pages

METRO2

Hi, just wondering which of the two prams baby seats Jive2 vs Metro2 sit higher? Eg. I'm 5'8 and am hoping i won't be bending too low to put baby in pram. Also, is the pram sturdy and won't flip when putting pressure on back wheels? Eg. Have a dog who pulls hard when sees another dog and turns my 3 wheeled pram on its side.

Cassie T asked on May 27, 2018

Hi Cassie
I’m not too sure on height difference with the 2 prams, but I find the metro2 sturdy! I have 2 dogs I take walking and they pull a lot as well and haven’t had any issues! I’ve also hung my baby bag off the handle and it hasn’t tipped at all.
Hope that helps!

METRO2

I noticed that the Metro2 has both front and back PU tyres but the rear tyres on the JIVE2 are engineered rubber. What is the difference betweenness the tyres and do the ER tyres give a smoother ride on rougher terrain?

Katie asked on Apr 02, 2018

Hi Katie,

Air wheels provide an excellent solution for customers that desire an exceptionally smooth ride from their pram. However, this comes with maintenance (pumping and inner-tube replacement over time). While air tyres are an excellent solution, based on feedback from our customers that requested a puncture-proof, low maintenance solution, we have engineered our new ER/PU wheels to provide the highest performance for the products they have been specifically designed for (Metro² – extremely lightweight, JIVE² – to be able to carry two children, while still being as lightweight as possible).

Redsbaby 2018 ER wheels are made with an engineered composite of rubber and plastic. They are more durable and higher performance than our previous models’ puncture-proof wheels which were EVA (a solid plastic). The addition of rubber to the wheel composition provides greater shock absorbency for vibrations and bumps, and also provides a wheel that will last longer. 100% of the wheel is the ER composite material.

I hope this helps :)

METRO2

Hey whats the Metro like for daily walking (of about 3km), mainly on foot paths , is it durable enough to last? also much trialling on gravel foot paths? I'm tossing up between redsbaby or another more suitable all terrain style pram. Thanks in advance!

Kat asked on Mar 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi ! I walk it around our local lakes everyday that have one concrete path and one gravel and it works fine for both although a little bouncy on the gravel :)

Hi Kat,

The METRO has been designed for Urban everyday use. The METRO performs well on all terrain and our new ER Rear wheels provides greater shock absorbency for vibrations and bumps, and also provides a wheel that will last longer.

We have engineered a narrow ridge on the widest point of the front and rear wheels which minimises the surface area of the wheel that has contact with the ground. This also minimises bumps and vibrations, while delivering a more durable and hard-wearing wheel.

I hope this helps :)

See all 22 questions about Redsbaby Metro

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details