Strathpine, QLD

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
Private message

Wish I could rate it more, but design is unsafe!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

The button is a magnet for my kids to lengthen the straps to remove themselves from the seat/compromise the safety of the harness because it's been made too loose. The recline can only be set or not, no ability to adjust in-the-car, and the seat length is terrible for kids hips and legs (and therefore overall comfort) as it's like being perched ont he edge of a stool with legs dangling.

The colour and fabric is nice - I wish that was enough.

Feels so safe and comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

We love our maxi guard pro, not only does it feel very solid and safe but it's also so easy to adjust and install. Along with it feeling safe and comfortable but it looks great and has the added features of cup holders and arm rests! I would highly recommend the seat to anyone. I also live that it's harnessed until 8 so I can keep him as safe as possible for as long as possible ☺

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi, thank you so much for your time to write us the above review. We are delighted to hear how easy you find our car seat to adjust and install! If we can assist you with anything in the future, pl... read more »

Sunshine Coast

Verified Purchase

A Great safe carseat

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

It did take a bit of fiddling to install but once done it has been great to use. Our now 1 year old is very comfortable, with the bottle holder being extremely handy. The belt clips can be a little difficult to use when you are in a hurry though.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi, thank you so much for your time to write us the above review. We are delighted to hear that you find our car seat comfortable. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Ok

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

We purchased this car seat for our third after a lot of research. This car seat was top of the list with all the features for comfort and especially the safety features. Unfortunately we had to return it as it did not fit in our car with 2 other seats which was such a shame. It was too wide and we have a jeep compass. Very sad as it looks awesome!!

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Tazy, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Such a shame that the Maxi Guard Pro did not fit your car. In future, the specifications of our products can be find on each product webpage. ... read more »

Private message

Brilliant seat - worth the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Easy to install and with all the padding, the baby looks very comfortable. It's easy to use with lengthening the seat as well as loosening and tightening the seatbelts
Excellent safety features, the padding on the headrest provides excellent safety for smaller child's head and smaller children are very well protected.
Great features such as cup holders,
Seat protector etc.
CAnnot fault this seat.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Great seat, terrible material

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

The seat itself is fantastic, although the material is terrible and snags and picks very easily. Don't be fooled by 5yr warranty - Britax refused to fix it, and blamed me for the problem with the material, telling me it must be my jewellery (which I don't wear!). I also have the older model (3yrs old) and the material is so much better. I wish they had left the material as it was

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

The Perfect Car Seat/ Booster

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

My son loves this seat- he has used since he grew out of his Safe n Sound tilt adjust at 4yo the Maxi guard is comfy easy to adjust as they grow and the two cup holders are great- one for a drink and one for a snack in a tub!

Purchased at: Bubs Baby Shops

Wamuran

Best car seat ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

The car seat is easy to install and remove; its easy to adjust - with simple pull leaver
My children fit well and good height
Cleaning is simple the cover comes of easily
Plenty for of storage with pockets and cup holder either side and comfy arm rests on both sides.

Purchased at: Bubs Baby Shops

Private message

Comfortable and good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

We are very pleased with this seat. It is very comfortable, fits well in our car and was easy to install following instructions. Cleaning is a breeze as well, and does not require anything special, just wiping with a damp cloth is enough. The material used for the seat is good and lint and dust do not collect there easily. This seat can be highly recommended

• 2 answers
Private message

Excellent seat: comfy and high quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I love this seat! The safety features are excellent and the seat is stylish and made from quality materials. It seems much sturdier than our first car seat (infasecure) and was easy to install. Many of my friends have this seat too and I've heard nothing but positive feedback. I'm really glad we bought it.

Nsw

• 2 helpful votes

Lovely and comfortable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

I love the car seat because of it comfortability and durability. Whenever my baby sits there she sleeps immediately until we get to our destination. It is easy to install and also easy to clean . It is also comfortable with enough security. Attachments. I love it and cant wait to get the second one for my next baby

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

• 3 helpful votes

Nice and comfortable!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

My daughter inherited a baby car seat from her cousin which she used for a year. Then we upgraded to this brand/model. And she's very happy with it. She looks comfortable a also doesn't get upset on hot days. It also looks n feels great. However, the seatbelt unfastened on one occasion. Not sure if my daughter did that or it happened due to any fault in it. Will have too see that. If it happens again, I'll have to come back and update you all.

Private message

The best and safest forward facing car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We have the older Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard and decided that we needed to get another Britax Safe-n-Sound car seat for our second car. After reading reviews and visiting the stores, we decided to purchase the Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO. The six point harness makes it very safe for my child. Adjusting the height of the seat literally takes only two seconds. The material also keeps my child comfortable and cool, which is essential in our Australian summer! The car seat is a lot to pay for at once, but considering that I will be using it for my child from 4 (we were rear facing before that in another Britax Safe-n-Sound car seat) to 8 years old, the high safety standards, and how comfortable it is, I think it is money well spent!

Private message

Most safe and comfortable seal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

We had lot of market research on car seats and found this product in baby expo.
We had this since 1 year and it's amazing.
Very good and much comforting seat for baby .
Have all the sefty features and mark.
It's above the Australia standard.
Must have this for your baby.

Purchased at: Baby Train

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

This is a fantastic seat I now own two. So simple to take out and clean then put back in when needed. My kids love their seats. And tell me that they are very comfy.
I washed them for the first time the other day and was very surprised how well they washed up compared to the other seats I had.

Brisbane

Well-made and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

This car seat has a great built quality and seems to be very comfortable for our baby. it is easy to install, adjust, and clean. It can be used for six months to approximately three to four years, depending on the child's height and size. It take minimal space and is easy to store. It has a useful cupholder and a small storage area.

• 2 answers

Love this car seat

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Bought this because it looks fancy and safe. It's so comfy with all the extra cushion. My son loves it.
And it can be used up to 8 years of age. It was a bit expensive but worth the money ($418). #loveit I wish they have more colours like all black or all white? Or maybe not white cause kids with white doesn't go well together isn't it.

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Great car seat.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Great seat. Son seems comfortable in seat. Will be buying 2nd one for our other car. Don't have to take seat out to adjust straps.

Drink holder doesn't fit our drink bottles but we do have them in the car so not a big deal.
Wish it could have isofix.

Very happy with this car seat and would recommend.

Purchased at: Baby Mode

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Comfortable and safe

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

My daughter is very comfortable in this seat and I'm relaxed knowing it's one of the safest seats available. We chose it because it can remain rear facing for longer. It's got useful pockets where you can put the seat belt buckles out of the way when getting your child in. I'm lazy and leave the main strap tightened and just lift my daughter over it but it's not hard to loosen and tighten. Also very easy to remove and wash the lining. I haven't yet tried it front facing. A friend installed it and it took him about half an hour.

Purchased at: Baby Bounce

Sydney, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Analysed and voted against Maxi Guard PRO but ended up buying its peer Millennia SICT

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

This car sear is all that you can ask for. We had compared it and our purchase was almost final but we came across Britax Safe n Sound Millenia SICT.

Maxi Guard PRO car sear is better in all terms as compared to its peer Millennia SICT except that Maxi Guard PRO is a forward facing car seat. There is no way your 6 month old bub will sit in a forward facing car seat starting their 6th or even 7th month. The bub is just stabilizing their senses and I feel it is too dangerous for the bub to sit in a forward facing car seat at least before 1- 1.5 years of age (may be more).

The best part is the age group and most of the people that have bought give good reviews about it. It also gives certain seating positions but I did heard a lot of parents complaining that their bub throws their neck while sleeping. We though that would be dangerous to even a 2 - 2.5 year old and unfortunately, we decided against it and bought its peer over it. Yes, the peer is upto 4 years of age unlike Maxi Guard PRO but that is the cost we are willing to bear in order to see our bub safe and sound.

It would be worthy to note that we were upgrading from Maxi Cosi and our bub was 5 months when he was a bit uncomfortable in the maxi cosi capsule. However, the padding seems much better in the Millennia and we cannot be more happier.

1 of 4 pages

Is the Maxi Guard Pro suitable for a very tall 4 year old? He's only just turned 4 but looks 6 at 117cm and I am struggling between wanting to put him in a harness when a booster without harness probably makes more sense in the long run; i.e. don't know how long he will actually fit into a G type harness seat. Anyone else with experience in this regard with tall children please?

Jussi asked on Dec 10, 2017

Answer this

Yes! This would be perfect for a tall 4yo as a booster isn’t anywhere near as safe as a harnessed seat.

Hi, does anyone have multiple MaxiGuard Pro's in their car? Just wondering if they would fit 3 across? We have a 2014 SnS AHR Compaq for baby and have purchased a Maxi Guard pro for our 3 year old since it is comparable width to other narrow car seats which boasts fiting 3 across in a standard sedan. I would be interested in a response from Britax on this too. Thank you.

Sarah asked on Aug 10, 2017

Answer this

I am wondering the same. I hope someone answers your questions soon. Good luck.

Hi all does this seat recline so bub can get a bit of shut eye? :)

jaybird1986 asked on Jul 04, 2017

Answer this

To be honest I haven't tried the reclining feature since my husband installed it in. However according to the Britax website it offers 2 recline positions which provide additional comfort for your sleeping child. My baby goes it in like an 'L' shape but 45 degrees i.e. sort of sleeping position. He has no problems falling asleep in it perhaps because it is super padded.

The seat has recline options, we have ours in the middle recline, which is fixed once you install it, and bubs heads rarely flop forward. My kids usually sleep in their seat about 1.5 - 2 hours

It does recline, but only has two positions therefore I find my own 1 year old twins have a lot of head flop forward and find I need to pull over constantly to tilt their heads back into position. Based on this I wouldn't recommended the seats for anything less than 2 years old, simply because I worry about their breathing and what would happen in an accident.

See all 25 questions about Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO