Helena Valley

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

We got this seat for our tall 4 year old and am very happy. Was easy to install and he is super comfy. He also doesnt get too hot like in past seats. Lots more room for a tall boy. Takes up a lot less room on the back seat which is good as we have 2 car seats in the back.

Great seat for kid

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

We have 2 kids so far, two Safe-n-Sound for each one, trust the brand and love the seats. We bought the Maxi Guard for the younger one and he absolutely enjoyed it.

It is easy to install and use, easy to clean as well. We recommend it to every parent who want a wonderful journey for the little one.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Adelaide

• 1 answer

safe and great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

I bought this chair for my son who really loves it. It is comfortable, especially for long distances. It is easy to clean. My husband installed it himself so I think it was not so hard to install!! I think it offers a good support for my baby. It is soft and it has a great design too.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Good for 3 across in small cars.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

After being in a severe accident a few weeks ago I needed to replace all three of my car seats and began doing a lot of research regarding safety, size, comfort, longevity and ease of use. These are extremely expensive seats but after looking at several others I kept going back to these due to them ticking every box. The materials, the safety, the quality, the width vs compact car issue.

My kids love them and are such happy travelers. They go to sleep with no issue and their little heads rest nicely in the recline position. The head rests ho
ld their little heads in a good position (their heads don't flop when asleep which is awesome) and I feel much better seeing them encased in such a safe cocoon. Being forward facing I am of course concerned about front impacts and just how well these seats will hold their little heads but you can only go on two things; Safe-n-Sound have been around for decades and they know their products. I felt safe knowing they wouldn't release a product that would potentially harm or kill a child.

The material on these seats is soft and comfortable and very well padded. Putting them in was relatively straight forward and after watching their YouTube video it was made easier. I have been able to fit three car seats across and even though it's tight they are all safe and sound and no one seems distressed or uncomfortable. The only small issue I've found is that if you have three across you will find you can't use the cup holders. This isn't a big issue but a disappointing one plus a small child can't reach them anyway.

All in all I think they are fantastic and hope they not only protect as well as they suggest but hope they last until my children are a lot older. Going by the quality I'm sure they will.

**** EDIT ****
After owning these car seats for approximately two weeks now, I can add that I have found significant head drop for my two youngest who are both 1 year old. When asleep, their little heads fall forward and are not supported at all. I have the seats on the recline position and are as far back as possible but it seems these seats aren't suited for little ones and maybe more suited for older children. This is of great concern due to accidents and what may happen (internal decapitation) since their little heads are unsupported and just too far forward to support them. These seats need a recline that goes even further back, otherwise stick to a rear facing seat until the children are older purely for safety reasons and your own piece of mind. Unfortunately, after spending nearly $1600 on three seats I cannot afford to replace mine but would if given a chance. I don't recommend these for babies under 2 years old.

For this reason I have reduced my stars to 3 simply because I don't believe these seats are suited to babies under 2 years of age, due to lack of head support and question head restraint in an accident.

Comments

I've noticed some people mention in reviews about it being rear facing, when in fact it isn't, it is a forward facing only car seat. Buyers need to be aware of that before they purchase because som... read more »

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Great seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

Very easy to install and use. It looks like it really supports my daughter and is very comfortable. The cloth is soft and nice to touch. Adjusting the height of the seat is very easy and can be done with two hands in a matter of seconds. The arm rests are a nice touch, but the cup holders are a bit too small to hold any of my daughters cups.

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

We love our chair. There is so much support and the baby looks really comfortable when in the car for long periods. It is easy to clean, especially with wipes and a vacuum. We had ours professionally installed so I am not sure how easy it is to set up but we would get another one for a second car.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
Private message

This is perfect! Love it for my son

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

It's easy to install and very comfortable. I love the pad guard to protect the head, it keeps warm in winter and not too hot in summer. There's also a small bag underneath, which is convenient to hold something like wipes though I don't use it much. my boy loves it and I feel his really comfortable and sometimes fall asleep.

Purchased at: eBay

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

We bought 2 of these for our 3 and 5 year olds. Easy to install and the kids think it's very comfy. The fabric is really nice too. The 3 year old sometimes sleeps in the car and this seat keeps the head in a good position. Got it on sale at Baby Bunting- worth the price

Excellent Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Recently purchased another Britax car seat for the second car as we were impressed with our first one. Britax car seats are easy to install, adjustable head rest and harness for when they grow. The fabric components are easy to remove and clean. Our child is comfortable in this seat and easy to buckle in. We recommend this car seat brand our friends if they are shopping for one.

Purchased at: Bubs Baby Shops

Melbourne

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

I bought it for my sister. Coz she has a baby. And she told me it is very easy to use the seat. And it is very comfortable. Especially it is safe for the baby and she can not care of her children and can concentric on to driving. Perfect

Purchased at: Target Australia

Really recommend to moms&dads

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

This safe-and-sound maxi guard pro is pretty easy to install in the car, baby is quite comfortable sitting in as well. Simple to wipe out with sanitation dettol wipes or wet tissue. The material feels nice for baby I could tell and not easy to retain dusts and ashes.

1 of 5 pages

Hi all does this seat recline so bub can get a bit of shut eye? :)

jaybird1986 asked on Jul 04, 2017

Answer this

To be honest I haven't tried the reclining feature since my husband installed it in. However according to the Britax website it offers 2 recline positions which provide additional comfort for your sleeping child. My baby goes it in like an 'L' shape but 45 degrees i.e. sort of sleeping position. He has no problems falling asleep in it perhaps because it is super padded.

The seat has recline options, we have ours in the middle recline, which is fixed once you install it, and bubs heads rarely flop forward. My kids usually sleep in their seat about 1.5 - 2 hours

It does recline, but only has two positions therefore I find my own 1 year old twins have a lot of head flop forward and find I need to pull over constantly to tilt their heads back into position. Based on this I wouldn't recommended the seats for anything less than 2 years old, simply because I worry about their breathing and what would happen in an accident.

Do any of you have this or the normal maxi guard installed in a commodore ? If so what is the recline like

Kizza asked on Jul 01, 2017

Answer this

Sorry we dont have a Commodore

Hello, I am looking at the Maxi Guard Pro for my 10 month old, the reviews online are quite good, but then I've also done a bit of research online and a lot of people are saying rear facing for as long as possible. If this is the case that rear facing is much safer, why is this seat targeted from 6 months+? Are they saying rear facing for as long as possible for rear facing seats only, and hence the maxi guard pro is forward facing so the technology is different or regardless it's safer to have them rear facing for as long as possible? So confusing as there is so much information out there. Thanks

mimsim asked on May 29, 2017

Answer this

It is always, always better to rear face for as long as possible, at least until they are over 2 years of age (ideally 3-4 years) when their neck muscles are strong enough to withstand the force of an accident and not be internally decapitated (!). This is a 6 month+ but that doesn't mean you need to put your child in it at 6 months. Babies and toddlers are usually happier rear facing with the recline as they can nap more comfortably.

I personally wouldn't recommend these seats for anything less than a 2 year old based on the amount of forward head flop my 1 year old twins have. If I had of known these seats were purely forward facing (and not followed many of these reviews as they were incorrect) I would not have purchased them and would have gone rear facing. I personally fear what will happen to my babies necks and head if I am in a collision.

See all 23 questions about Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO