Melbourne

Private message

Beats my old GHD hands down

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

GHD broke down and wasn't happy with the overall performance, so read some online reviews about this Australian product and bought it on Ebay while they had a 20% off. Has a nice touch screen and a temperature lock. Also turns off automatically after 30 minutes if you forget to. Goes up to 230 degrees which is 20 more than my old GHD. Happy with purchase and under $100.

So in love with SAS!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Being a hair dresser I'm always on the lookout to see what straighteners work best. I thought I'd give SAS a go after reading the reviews and seeing the great feedback they have received. I placed an order online and 2 days later it's at my door! I was very excited to try it out on myself and clients at work. I must say the results are amazing, it heats up very quickly and maintains the heat. I love the fact that I can see the temperature and adjust it so easily as well. I'm extremely impressed with the SAS straightener and can't recommend this product enough. You'll be doing yourself a favour by giving this straightener a go! Great value for money.

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

It looks good, it heats up fast, it's very light and easy to use. Unfortunately this is the end of the positives for me.
First time I tried it (luckily on a very small amount of hair) I put the temperature too high and my hair just burnt like if it was plastic :(.
Since then I put down the temperature. The results is disappointing, it won't straight my hair as good as my previous straightener, my hair feels dry.
I started then to notice bad hair breakage. I went to the doctor and did all the tests to make sure it wasn't due to a lack in some
vitamins or something.
The only thing I have been doing differently in the last months has been using the SAS hair straightener, it may not be it but better safe than sorry so I gave it away and now purchasing another one of different brand (already tried from a friend, my hair looked so shiner and softer).
Lesson learnt, there must be a reason why it is cheaper than the most popular ones.
It may work for some type of hair, but not for mine.
I have thin hair.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Chipi, Sorry to hear this, please get in contact with us as we would like to rectify this issue. We want all of our customers to have a 5 star experience with us. All our straighteners come wit... read more »

Same as the rest

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I purchased an SAS straightener as they've received great reviews on here. The postage wasn't as fast as others claimed (a week from date of purchase). The first time I used it I couldn't figure out what to do as the instructions weren't very clear (swipe here, tap there, hold this down). I still find it easier just to turn it off at the power point when I'm done. It heats up quite quickly although again, it took me a little while to understand that blue meant it was heating and white meant it was ready (not mentioned in the instructions). It's good at curling my thick hair however the first time I used it for this I had somehow accidentally swiped and unlocked it and the temp went down to 50 degrees. Now I'm very conscious of keeping my eye on the temp. The outside also gets really hot so when you're winding your hair you can't hold the end (learnt that the hard way). One of the sales points is that it has a temp gauge from 50-232 degrees. I don't know anyone who straightens or curls on anything less than 180. I tried it at 190 the first time but it wasn't enough and I ended up with frizz at lunchtime. It doesn't seem to be any better than my previous straightener (VS).

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Tarynj80,

melbourne

Good for long hair. :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

I've used this product for about a year now and it's seriously so good. The touch screen is really easy to use and it heats up to a high temperature. Works well for my thick curly hair! Takes about 20 seconds or even shorter to heat up, in that time i just brush my hair out. If anything happens to it I'd definitely buy anther one.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Soph,

Sunshine Coast

Good Product!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my girl friend. She love it. She said it easy to use and heat fast. Really good to straight hair, especially when you are in a hurry time.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Dave,

5 star service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Purchased as a gift for 18 year old daughter, loved everything about it. She has had a few other brands in the past but this kept her hair straight for longer. After 9 months of use a slight issue occurred. One e mail sent, 3 days later a new straightener delivered to door. Service is brilliant. . Small issues can be fixed. The fantastic speedy customer service is hard to find and despite hiccup would recommend SAS to anyone.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Jen,

Glad to hear our customer service side handled the issue and resolved it quickly, after sales support is extremely important to us :) Thanks for your review!

Best-purchase ever??

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I just recently bought the SAS straightener upon hearing so many good reviews! I was hyped for it the arrive. The package was neat and nice, the instructions were clear! The heating up process was fast and quick, it runs smooth through my hair with minimum effort. It is quick and perfect for lazy days and days I wake up late but still want to look good!

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Linh P,

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate hearing back from our customers!
We think it's the best purchase ever too ;)

Easy to use, Quick to Heat Up, Thin Plates

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

The SAS Hair Straightener is one of the best hair straighteners around. It heats up so quickly and it's thin plates don't clamp on too hard onto your hair. My hair has never felt so soft and completely straight.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Tessa, P,

Verified Purchase

FINALLY! My wish has been granted.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

My new SAS straightener is amazing. I have naturally curly hair and have been straightening my hair for many years, only to find the straighteners I'd been using just weren't making the cut. Many were too heavy, awkward to hold and I would end up burning myself numerous times. The end result was never what you expected. Finally I've found a straightener that gives a perfect finish every time with the least amount of effort. It is so easy to use and heats up in an instant. It's very comfortable to hold and is lightweight and glides through the h air without snagging or pulling. Another positive is that it doesn't burn like many other straighteners and the hair is cool to touch. I love the finish it leaves on the hair, creating a great shine. Comes in array of colours and reasonably priced for the great results. I definitely won't be using another brand of straightener again. I would recommend trying the SAS straightener if you're in the market for a new one because after using it there really isn't anything that comes close. 100% Happy.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Jen M,

Perfect Hair Everyday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Purchased a SAS hair straightener when my GHD had stopped working properly about a year ago. The overall product is just excellent. It heats up fast and keeps its temperature and is so easy to use. Unlike the GHD it does not pull your hair and the end result after using the SAS is that your hair looks beautiful plus healthy. I liked it so much I brought one for my sister as well. The SAS hair straightener is at a affordable price unlike some of the other hair straighteners.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Sheena,

Fantastic!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

After initially having an issue with original purchase, contacted SAS and received a reply almost instantly! New straightener was sent out the very next day. Cannot fault the service that I received. And the hair straightener is also brilliant - quick heat up, and very reliable. Have used every day for a week - and would not hesitate to recommend!!

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Kathi,

Footscray

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Just what I was looking for

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

My wife had been using another (VS) brand for a few years, without satisfaction. I finally bit the bullet and did some research into a decent straightener and came across the SAS! Wowee! Was my wife happy! She loves the thin plates, quick heating of said plates and the fact that her hair looks amazing afterwards! A win for both of us :)

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your review, and very pleased to hear your wife loves her SAS Straightener!

Seriously amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Wow wow wow! I can't praise this straightener enough! Having always found that other straighteners just can't keep my hair straight I thought I'd give SAS a go after reading reviews here, and finally I find a straightener that works for me!! Great price and great quality product and I love knowing it's an Aussie business! Keep up the great work SAS! I'll be recommending you to all my friends!

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Efi,

Thanks for your review, very pleased to hear that you love your SAS straightener! Love hearing back from our customers!

NEWCASTLE

• 1 comment

A reasonable stand in

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I received my SAS hair iron within a day of placing an order & am impressed at their prompt service. I was looking for a "fill in" hair iron whilst my normal iron was getting fixed. For the price I think the product is good and I was happy to make the purchase based on such good reviews of the product but having such thick long hair I found the unit struggled to straighten my hair and keep it straight. After an hour of doing my hair it would be quite frizzy again. My hair reaches right down my lower back. I have my normal hair iron back now but al in all I would mainly recommend the product to people with thin/smoother hair.

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Natalie, Thanks for your review and we are sorry to hear this! Please get in touch with us as all of our SAS straighteners do come with a money back guarantee. We want all of our customers to h... read more »

Hi thanks for your response! The customer service with your company is excellent! What do you suggest I do now with regards to the money back gaurantee?

Thanks, Natalie.

Hi Natalie,

Please send us a e-mail on our website with your order number and we can assist you with this.

Excellent help!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I had an issue with my straightener after 12months of use it wasn't major but was annoying contacted the sas team and the immediately sent me a replacement dispite having an issue I would 10 times over buy an SAS Straightener over a GHD!

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Lizzie,

Thanks for your review! We love hearing back from our customers and we are pleased to hear how fast things where handled :)

Melbourne

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

From the time of ordering my SAS hair straightener to when it arrived was two days. It's fantastic, heats up quickly, very easy to use, glides easily through my hair, leaving it soft and shiny.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Jen,

Thanks for your review, really pleased to hear that you love your SAS straightener.

australia

Cant live without my SAS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Thanks so much for having a straightener that can finally tame my wild hair! Super impressed from the start with next day delivery and the fantastic price. So easy to use and heats up very quick. Words cant exoress how happy i am! Love you SAS

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Kristy,

Thanks for your review, glad to hear that our SAS straightener does the job for your hair :) We can't live without our straightener too ;)

Sydney

Love my SAS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Wow am I amazed with my SAS straightener, it heats up quickly and so easy to use and my hair is straight in no time. Does a much better job than my cloud 9 and the final result with the SAS is amazing. Can't recommend this straightener enough, and love supporting Aussie businesses. Keep it up SAS!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your review, we love hearing back from our customers and are delighted that you find it better than your previous straightener :)

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

It's O.K but didn't deliver what I expected.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
sAs Black Diamond / Pink Pearl Official

Hi Dee, Very sorry to hear that our straightener did not work well with you. Please get in touch with us as we want all of our customers to be 100% satisfied with their purchase. We have also sent... read more »

Thank you SAS for responding so swiftly and addressing any concerns I had. I must say, SAS deserves 5 stars for outstanding customer service! I appreciate the advice, tips and the way you have deal... read more »

1 of 10 pages

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Marlin asked on Mar 30, 2017

Hi Marlin,

Thanks for your interest in our SAS straighteners.

All of our straighteners are designed to be gentle on your hair thanks to the type of plates we use. Our plates are titanium with ceramic coating. The main difference between the standard size and wide plate model is, the wide plate is designed to straighten larger portions of hair at once but not recommend for curling. The standard size can do straightening and curling.

We currently have a special running at the moment which is 10% off. Use coupon code; LUCKY10

SAS Team

Just wondering when using the hair straightener does your hand cover the touch screen? Is it sensative so it may turn it self off while using it? My last hair straightener had a button on the side and when curling I always manage to push the button to go off which was frustrating!

Trace asked on Mar 01, 2017

Answer this

No doesnt turn off but i find it gets hot to hold

Hi Trace,

Thanks for your question, the straightener panel goes into a lock mode so you don't accidentally turn it off or adjust the settings. You need to swipe your finger down the panel to unlock the panel to adjust the settings.

Hope this helps :)

SAS Team

No it definitely doesn't turn off as per the answer from the SAS Team once you turn it on the panel goes into Lock mode so you have to actually swipe it in order to turn it off - it's all digital.
Hope that helps - am loving mine!!!

Hi there!! Just wondering what the difference is between the OzHead and the SAS hair straighteners. My hair is fairly long and thick - would one be better than the other? Thanks for your help!! Warm Regards, Cheryl

Cheryl asked on Feb 14, 2017

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for your interest in our SAS straighteners. The main differences are that our straighteners have a LCD touch panel and we use a different type of plate.

Our straighteners are designed to help eliminate frizz and leave a shinny silky finish. We do also offer a 7 day trial period :)

See all 32 questions about SAS Hair Straightener