Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Great Mattress!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I brought a king mattress with a base and I'm sleeping better than ever! My wife has back problems and is waking up for the first time in years without any pain!! I already have and will continue to recommend Sleep Republic to anyone looking for a new mattress!! Thanks guys!!

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thanks Lawrence, we appreciate the recommendations and are happy that the mattress is working well for you both.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Purchased a double mattress and love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Anyone who sleeps on the mattress always comments on the how comfortable and supportive it is. We recently had the grandparents stay for a few days and they commented on the support and what a great night's sleep they had.
The mattress is easy to unpack and still looks the same as the day I got it.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you Dee. Great to hear that the guests enjoy the mattress.

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

the term Sleeping on a cloud never made much sense to me till my first night sleep on a Sleep Republ

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Must say, this is the first time I've ever given a review for any product. however it was just something I had to do purely due to the fact we live in a time where quality customer service is so hard to come by.

Tom and Sean at Sleep Republic first class, there commitment to there customers where clearly obvious. patient with our 101 questions ( it's a Mattress in a box right, naturally we had heaps of questions lol) attentive and informative, these guys know bedding. big shout out to you guys Thank you!!

Took me some time to convince my wife to try this new mattress in a box idea but with the Sleep Republic 100 nights money back commitment this made making the switch pretty easy and she LOVES IT!! its not every day you can tell your wife I told you so...

We Purchased our 1st King Sleep Republic Mattress at least two years ago now, every time I jump into bed it's like the 1st night all over again, Quality is amazing, premium at the highest standard. Brilliant!

In the last two years we've purchased another two Sleep Republic Mattresses, the common conversations around the breakfast table when friends and family stay over is all about the the mattress.

Since we have also we've purchased another Mattress for my inlaws, elderly couple with constant back issues that seem have resolved them selfs now lol..

we've recommended Sleep Republic to at least 5 others who have since purchased and the results and feed back are nothing less the amazing.

Product 10/10
Customer Service 10/10
Delivery 10/10
Durability 10/10

Thank you Sleep Republic we're customers for life, so easy didn't have to spend my whole weekends at bedding stores :)

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thanks for a great recommendation Soner and for the service feedback. We're honoured that you chose us for your first product review!

Newcastle

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Sagging/back pain after 10 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

We purchased a King sized mattress, and experienced no hassles with the ordering and delivery process. However after sleeping on it for nine months it has gone saggy. There are visible divots in the top where my partner and I sleep that get more pronounced if we don't rotate the mattress once a fortnight. As a 60kg woman and a 85kg man, I don't feel that our size is a contributing factor. We are both experiencing back pain as a result of the mattress sagging. At first I thought that maybe my back pain was the result of spending more time at a new desk job, but after sleeping in a different bed for a week with zero back pain, it's definitely the mattress causing the problem. Considering this mattress cost $1400 I had expectations that it'd last us for a few years at least before needing replacement but it appears that's not the case. I'm disappointed with this purchase.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

We are sorry to hear of your concerns with the mattress and would welcome the opportunity to address these for you if you can contact us.
All mattresses have excessive body impression and sagging covered under our warranty.

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Excellent product, excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

The pillow in particular was a fantastic addition for my purchase. My sleep has markedly improved, I intend to purchase all beds/bedding from Sleep Republic in future. Customer service was outstanding - very prompt and responsive to my questions.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for your feedback. Helping you love bedtime is our purpose!

sydney

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Very good so far.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Ordered this mattress on a Wednesday and it arrived the following day.
Needed help to unpack and put on bed.
Had for three weeks now and am extremely pleased and surprised.
Sleep well at night and really didn't realise how bad my last mattress was!
Don't have any aches or pains now, which I thought were a normal ageing thing.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you Suzley, we hope the mattress continues to give you a great sleep for many years to come.

Perth

• 7 comments

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Mattress in a box

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I was very wary about buying a mattress in a box. I read lots of reviews and finally chose sleep republic.
I must say the ordering process and delivery were first class.
The box was a bit beat up which caused me some concern but the mattress was fine. It unfolded in a few hours and looked immaculate and well built. I thought the wife wouldn't like it as she prefers a softer mattress and I prefer a little firmer one. She thinks it's great as do I!
It's soft yet firm which was a bit of a suprise. We are both now sleeping well on this.
We got some free bamboo sheets which are great!
I will be buying another shortly for my daughter.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for your kind feedback Willyeckerslike. We hope you and your partner enjoy the mattress for years to come!

• 7 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

This is actually a very good mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

This is the first mattress I've had where you have NO back pain. I've been on it about 2 weeks now, but from the first night, it was excellent. When it came, I was a bit concerned that it was too firm, and when you lie on it, it doesn't have that overtly soft and comfortable feeling about it. but I sleep through the night with no tossing or turning, and often wake in the same position I was in when I went to sleep. It must be the foams, plus the zoned springs.

I have in the past suffered badly from nerve pain in my back, and pressure point soreness, and I'm getting neither from this mattress. It's on a hard slatted Ikea bed base (a Mandal bed, rigid slats).

This was a good risk to take, with the return guarantee thing. And as others say, the box containing it is very heavy. They've reinforced it with plywood, but if you need to pull it up any steps, I'd recommend having a removalist's trolley handy. And it is quite a bit heavier than a normal spring mattress in the same pricerange... I figure that means it holds the sheets in place better, but I'd hate to try and move it somewhere by myself. But it's a very good mattress, and I suspect it would suit most people.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for your review Palerang, we are glad the mattress design is working for you.
More than double the normal number of springs does add weight but the benefit of better support is a worthy one.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 16 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent mattress from Sleep Republic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Had waited 1.5 years before writing this review just to be sure to be sure. Had tried other memory foam mattress such as Koala and Lazybed, they don't suit me or my wife.This one is different as it offer pocket springs, so it feels totally different, it offers the support needed for our backbones, yet not too soft to sink in like those foam mattresses. No backache, no sore backs. It is just one excellent mattress. My wife still find it too soft for her comfort (- 1 star), however she still sleep through alright, maybe she is just being picky.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback we hope your mattress gives your wife and you many more years of great sleeps!

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Impressive comfort, wonderful service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I had a very special visitor coming (mother who'd been terribly sick) and wanted to make everything perfect. Just moved house, no spare bed.. living in regional Vic, I thought my options were limited but embarked on a mattress conquest, with days to spare. Finally purchased one, which I returned the following day, having been very uncomfortable & not what it felt like in the shop (company had removed memory foam layer in the new shipment and failed to notify the shop salesman). Retuned the mattress on the Friday morning, mum due on the Monday.. I had started to notice and research these bed in a box mattresses.. Sleep Republic seemed like the best option with its hybrid design of both pocket springs and comfort foam layers, and it's uber high spring count - well made all round and great reviews! So I rang them Friday mid day, spoke to Sean, explained my situation and asked if it was within the realms of possibility to get it here by Monday. He went over and above to ensure that I had my mattress here, despite being in Regional Vic. I asked for a mattress protector instead of the sheets and he was very obliging and then at the end, offered to throw in the sheets anyway! Sure enough, Monday afternoon the mattress arrived (15 mins early!) - the courier even brought it into the room for me. Later on when my family guests arrived, we had the fun of watching this marvel come to life as it expanded on the bed base. Great experience all round - very impressed with the service. The bed is seriously a dream to lie on - didn't wanna get off! Mum loves it and said it's like 'sleeping on a cloud'. When my guests depart, this bed will be coming to my room to replace my old thing... can't wait for the sleep it will bring! Thanks to Sean and all @ Sleep Republic for such a seamless and drama free experience. Will never buy one of those over priced big brand rip offs that are far less comfortable again!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you Shelly for your very kind feedback and review.
We work hard on our service and deliveries and it was a pleasure to try even more in a good cause!

melbourne

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Such a comfortable mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

We decided to buy a Sleep Republic mattress after trying to get used to a very firm one we had bought elsewhere. It had no guarantee so we were stuck with it. After two months, we couldn't take it anymore, so I started researching beds again. A friend had purchased a bed in a box, and although she wasn't happy with hers, it was an interesting concept so I checked it out. I bypassed the company my friend bought from and looked at the other alternatives and reviews. The price was right and the 100 day guarantee was the clincher. I was also happy that I wouldn't have to wait for the mattress to be made and then hang out at home waiting for it to be delivered. Our mattress came within four days and we were very intrigued as to how such a big mattress could fit in a little box, and opened it up. It was easy to pop onto our frame and was expanding in no time. We slept on it that night, and it was absolute heaven! I love the pocket springs and how the bed doesn't move every time my husband turns over during the night. It's just the right firmness and height. I would highly recommend a Sleep Republic mattress to anyone. Also, their customer service is fantastic. If I could give it more than five stars, I would!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for your feedback and review Andy. Hopefully you can now put the mattress shopping behind you for quite a few years!

Mount Gambier

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Great mattress, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Over a year ago we bought our SR mattress. Still no complaints. By far the best mattress I have slept on. We like this mattress so much yesterday we purchased another for the spare room. We were going to buy a cheaper branded mattress but couldn't bring myself to throw way the money when I could invest in another SR mattress. We live in rural SA and the mattress was delivered to our door in less than 24hrs. I know everyone has preferences to firmness, I always preferred plush, but although this is medium to firm it just feels comfortable and there is no movement or roll in when the partner moves on their side of the bed. Thank you SR for an amazing product and though the price mybe a couple hundred dollars dearer than some other brands it is by far more superior.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for your kind review and buying from us again! We couldn't agree more that when it comes to sleep don't cut corners on quality.
SR team.

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Sleeping Excellence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I'd like to note that I'm a bit of a nerd so before making a purchase I like to dig as deep as possible into the ins and outs of the products industry and make my decision from others and my own experiences rather than what a salesman tells me irrespectively.

Experience:

Ordered the King on Tuesday evening arrived in Brisbane Wednesday morning free delivery a plus. Although unexpectedly fast it was a welcome surprise as I've just moved into a tri-level apartment and an inflatable wasn't cutting it. Having my bedroom on the 3rd floor there was no way physically getting a king bed up the tight corners so the bed in a box idea for me was well received. So the mattress arrived at my door first off is this box is heavy! It's tightly packed but you will need a hand getting up a flight of stairs but on the flats the inbuilt wheels helped. So mattress in room, removed from box, opened the vacuum seal with the opener provided and voila! The bed expanded like a transformer and began to decompress; left it for the afternoon and was ready by evening.

So from experience to product itself, bed feels beautiful to the touch being knitted cashmere. The design for me was well thought out and tasteful, from the embolden motto on the facade "Where Dreams Are Made", a well placed side tag in navy with raised white lettering "SR" for me echoes quality that I felt in my first nights sleep.

So the mattress itself, you feel the initial softness which is amazing then underneath supportive pocket springs which provide backbone. For me the firmness is just right about 6.5-7/10 think medium rare, soft with substance and plenty of it.

Lying down I had no points of body tension where I typically do sleeping on a traditional mattress, namely my lumbar-sacral region (vertebral disc issue) and shoulders. The mattress contoured to my body yet didn't give me that sinking sand feeling that I was afraid of with other foam/latex composites. Partner wise no disturbances which was a quality feature so no waking each other up with tossing and turning or midnight mictruition run.

I'm happy my bodies happy and it beat the 3.5k mattress I was going to buy at sleepmaker out of the park so two thumbs up from me. :)

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you Derek for taking the time to share your review. It is always great to hear our customers loving bedtime, and saving money into the bargain!

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great Mattress :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

I did quite a bit of research before taking the plunge to buy a 'bed in a box' mattress. As we wanted pocket springs, it came down to Sleep Republic and Sleeping Duck. After realizing that Sleeping Duck pay for their reviews (hence why there's over 1000) and seeing what one of their mattresses looks like after a couple months of use, we decided to go for Sleep Republic.

In a nutshell, it really is a great mattress. It is a bit firmer than I was used to, but it has a great pillow top and as soon as my wife started sleeping on it she noticed a lot better nights sleep and less back pain. I was a bit more skeptical at first, but can now say it's a pleasure to get into bed every night. The 90 day money back guarantee was also fantastic and offered peace of mind while we tested it out.

Delivery was very quick, however as others have mentioned the mattress is heavy, so unboxing is a two person job! But I'd prefer a heavy pocket spring mattress over a light piece of foam any day and unboxing isn't hard if there's two of you.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thanks for the review Callum, to help you love bedtime that's our driving purpose!
SR team

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Works for us 6 months in

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

TL~DR

- Check your base can support this heavy mattress.

- Reconsider if your a renter and will need to move this often.

- Supportive yet comfortably soft.

- Wife’s leg pain has reduced from the pillow top, and I no longer get pins and needles in my arm.

- Material seems as good as my old mattress which cost $1000 10 years ago.

- It has quite deep valleys in the pillow top, about 2.5xm deep, which annoys my feet not being flat, but don’t notice it on the heavier parts of my body.

Ok into the full review...

Mattress delivered on time. Would have been nice for the delivery guys to take it up stairs.

Unboxing was uneventful. Kept the plastic as a convenient cover for kids art projects, but the wrap did smell for a while!

Left mattress to air out in lounge overnight, and off gassing was not noticeable when we used it the following night.

It’s heavy and there were no handles on the mattress to help move it like my old one has.

Slept with a pillow top for the first time. It was nice. I felt supported yet light, but the valleys where the stitching was really annoyed me for the first two weeks.

The springs on the side are noticeably firmer. I don’t like when half my body is on the edge springs and the other half on the softer center springs. Feels like I’m slightly leaning to one side.

The above two point are why I’m not giving this mattress a 5 star rating.

I do fine I’m sweating in it a lot, but last night got rid of the mattress protector my wife used when baby slept with us, and it was great!

Am thinking of getting one for my daughters bed, however she has a solid base, not slat base, so this mattress is not appropriate.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi James,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We are glad the mattress is working for you. If we can help with your daughter's mattress and base please don't hesitate to contact us.
SR team

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Third time lucky

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

I was just about to give up and was highly disappointed after trying 2 other foam bed in a box mattresses both described as medium firm but one was like a rock and the other too soft and both had no support for my bad back. I had decided to give it one last go with one with springs and had decided on another brand as it has many more reviews and is more active on social media... I somehow came across SR and it seemed their mattress was what I was looking for and something that didn’t need to be customised as it was good enough as it is. I am so glad I went with SR, I have only had it a week but I absolutely love my mattress and look forward to going to sleep every night. It’s super comfortable and soft but has very firm support so my back and hip pain disappears after sleeping on this mattress. It is also not hot like other foam mattresses can get. I highly recommend trialing one of these mattresses as mine will not be going back if it stays this good and it just goes to show the companies that are the loudest and have the most reviews aren’t always the best. Sleep republic does not need any showy adverts and reviews as their focus is obviously in making sure the mattresses are the best quality and comfort they can be and don’t need the hype. I am so pleased it was third time lucky and I made the right choice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.
We're pleased you chose us too, and to hear that our customers look forward to bedtime again is our ultimate objective!
SR Team.

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

10mths in.. getting a sagging feeling

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Overall. I have to say the experience was very easy. Delivery and product was exactly as described. Soft but firm and generally comfortable.
We've had ours since February this year (2017) and I feel like the sides are really starting to sag. When you wake up and sit in edge, it really sinks. And I'm questioning what it will be like moving forward. Once you're on an settled it's fine. But given we're ten months in.. it is what it is.. I suppose. As a couple. I'm 70kg and my wife is 60. We're not big people so I had expected more sadly.

Comfortable and easy but I'm worried that I'll be replacing it at some point soon.
Maybe it's just ours? Can't fault the service though.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi D. Thank you for your feedback, it's good that you find the mattress comfortable however we are concerned to see your comments regarding the edges. No mattress should have any sag especially aft... read more »

Thanks guys. Have replied this afternoon

I wanted to update this post. Without hesitation Sean and the team arranged for the matter to be sorted out asap. We've worked it out and honestly. Their customer interaction and aftercare is 2nd to none.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

A very comfortable, supportive mattress.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Firstly, what a fantastic group of people to deal with. We had questions before we purchased, which were promptly answered. We loved the 100-day trial period.
We purchased online on a Saturday, and the mattress was delivered on Tuesday (and we live in regional SA). The box came with wheels, with a special tool for opening the mattress bag, and the mattress opened exactly as described. We noticed no supposed “new-mattress-chemical-smell” when opened, and slept on the mattress that evening. One small point: on opening, we noticed a couple of threads were loose on the stitching of the topper. Hopefully with the mattress protector on, they won’t get any worse.
We’ve been sleeping on our SR mattress for a while now. This is our third mattress in as many years, and is by far the best. Price-wise it was similarly priced to one mattress, but out-performs it in every way (comfort and support), and cost less than a third of the other mattress (an over-priced, uncomfortable, unsupportive full latex mattress).
By far the best thing about the SR mattress is the minimal partner disturbance. We assume that this is because of the many, many springs in the mattress — we barely feel the other’s movements. Although the mattress is marketed as “medium-firm”, we would rate it as closer to the “firm”. The topper softens it somewhat, but can not fully compensate for the firmness of the springs. We note that many people complain that the mattress is heavy, but we found (after our very heavy latex mattress) that it was easy to lift and turn.
Hopefully our SR mattress will give us many comfortable years of sleeping.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback, we are always happy that our customers find our mattress delivers for them, whether it's the comfort, support or low partner disturbance. We are confi... read more »

Glenwood

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

The best mattress we have ever slept on!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We have now had our Sleep Republic mattress for 10 months and without a doubt it is the best mattress we have ever slept on. It is queen sized and in the past have paid a lot more money for other brands but nothing compares with this mattress. Easy to set up, from the cardboard box it just unrolls onto your bed base. Supplied with a special tool to unroll mattress. Service from Sleep Republic was superb, could not have been more helpful. We live in rural Queensland and delivery was no problem at all. Buy the best and get yourself a Sleep Republic!!!!! Peter (aka The Bear)

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the generous comments. We set out to create not just an excellent mattress but the shopping experience to go with it and it's most rewarding to know when we hit that!
SR Team.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love my mattress!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

I was a little unsure about buying a mattress in a box. I had read loads and loads of reviews and mainly forum posts and decide to give the Sleep Republic mattress a go since I had read there had been no problems getting a refund if I wasn't happy. I had gone into Snooze before my research of mattresses to see what type of bed I liked. After trying quite a few mattresses and doing the mattress test on the computer I realised I liked a firm-medium mattress. I was a little worried about the Sleep Republic bed being too soft for my liking and was initially tossing up between the Sleeping Duck and Sleep Republic. I had gone into a store in Sydney to try out the Sleeping Duck. That was comfortable,I preferred the medium side over the firm side, but I didn't really like how you can unzip the layers and take the bits and pieces out, plus I had read the different foams were thicker in the Sleep Republic and better quality. I ordered online and it was delivered the very next day, which was great. Initial thoughts were that, the quality seemed good and cashmere was nice soft. I do think the bed is on the firmer side of medium, when comparing to other beds in Snooze, but it is definitely comfortable. The pocket springs do really make difference such that when my husband moves I really don't feel it. My husband and I are sleeping so much better and we didn't realise how much were were waking up before having the Sleep Republic. Also, I feel the bed is also very supportive. It's been about a month since our purchase and we have been very happy, so much so we have also bought a king single for my son who also love his bed!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Jane, thank you for such a detailed review! This will be very helpful to future customers, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We're so happy to hear... read more »

1 of 5 pages