• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Third time lucky

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

I was just about to give up and was highly disappointed after trying 2 other foam bed in a box mattresses both described as medium firm but one was like a rock and the other too soft and both had no support for my bad back. I had decided to give it one last go with one with springs and had decided on another brand as it has many more reviews and is more active on social media... I somehow came across SR and it seemed their mattress was what I was looking for and something that didn’t need to be customised as it was good enough as it is. I am so glad I went with SR, I have only had it a week but I absolutely love my mattress and look forward to going to sleep every night. It’s super comfortable and soft but has very firm support so my back and hip pain disappears after sleeping on this mattress. It is also not hot like other foam mattresses can get. I highly recommend trialing one of these mattresses as mine will not be going back if it stays this good and it just goes to show the companies that are the loudest and have the most reviews aren’t always the best. Sleep republic does not need any showy adverts and reviews as their focus is obviously in making sure the mattresses are the best quality and comfort they can be and don’t need the hype. I am so pleased it was third time lucky and I made the right choice.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.
We're pleased you chose us too, and to hear that our customers look forward to bedtime again is our ultimate objective!
SR Team.

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

10mths in.. getting a sagging feeling

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Overall. I have to say the experience was very easy. Delivery and product was exactly as described. Soft but firm and generally comfortable.
We've had ours since February this year (2017) and I feel like the sides are really starting to sag. When you wake up and sit in edge, it really sinks. And I'm questioning what it will be like moving forward. Once you're on an settled it's fine. But given we're ten months in.. it is what it is.. I suppose. As a couple. I'm 70kg and my wife is 60. We're not big people so I had expected more sadly.

Comfortable and easy but I'm worried that I'll be replacing it at some point soon.
Maybe it's just ours? Can't fault the service though.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi D. Thank you for your feedback, it's good that you find the mattress comfortable however we are concerned to see your comments regarding the edges. No mattress should have any sag especially aft... read more »

Thanks guys. Have replied this afternoon

I wanted to update this post. Without hesitation Sean and the team arranged for the matter to be sorted out asap. We've worked it out and honestly. Their customer interaction and aftercare is 2nd to none.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

A very comfortable, supportive mattress.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Firstly, what a fantastic group of people to deal with. We had questions before we purchased, which were promptly answered. We loved the 100-day trial period.
We purchased online on a Saturday, and the mattress was delivered on Tuesday (and we live in regional SA). The box came with wheels, with a special tool for opening the mattress bag, and the mattress opened exactly as described. We noticed no supposed “new-mattress-chemical-smell” when opened, and slept on the mattress that evening. One small point: on opening, we noticed a couple of threads were loose on the stitching of the topper. Hopefully with the mattress protector on, they won’t get any worse.
We’ve been sleeping on our SR mattress for a while now. This is our third mattress in as many years, and is by far the best. Price-wise it was similarly priced to one mattress, but out-performs it in every way (comfort and support), and cost less than a third of the other mattress (an over-priced, uncomfortable, unsupportive full latex mattress).
By far the best thing about the SR mattress is the minimal partner disturbance. We assume that this is because of the many, many springs in the mattress — we barely feel the other’s movements. Although the mattress is marketed as “medium-firm”, we would rate it as closer to the “firm”. The topper softens it somewhat, but can not fully compensate for the firmness of the springs. We note that many people complain that the mattress is heavy, but we found (after our very heavy latex mattress) that it was easy to lift and turn.
Hopefully our SR mattress will give us many comfortable years of sleeping.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback, we are always happy that our customers find our mattress delivers for them, whether it's the comfort, support or low partner disturbance. We are confi... read more »

Glenwood

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

The best mattress we have ever slept on!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We have now had our Sleep Republic mattress for 10 months and without a doubt it is the best mattress we have ever slept on. It is queen sized and in the past have paid a lot more money for other brands but nothing compares with this mattress. Easy to set up, from the cardboard box it just unrolls onto your bed base. Supplied with a special tool to unroll mattress. Service from Sleep Republic was superb, could not have been more helpful. We live in rural Queensland and delivery was no problem at all. Buy the best and get yourself a Sleep Republic!!!!! Peter (aka The Bear)

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the generous comments. We set out to create not just an excellent mattress but the shopping experience to go with it and it's most rewarding to know when we hit that!
SR Team.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love my mattress!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

I was a little unsure about buying a mattress in a box. I had read loads and loads of reviews and mainly forum posts and decide to give the Sleep Republic mattress a go since I had read there had been no problems getting a refund if I wasn't happy. I had gone into Snooze before my research of mattresses to see what type of bed I liked. After trying quite a few mattresses and doing the mattress test on the computer I realised I liked a firm-medium mattress. I was a little worried about the Sleep Republic bed being too soft for my liking and was initially tossing up between the Sleeping Duck and Sleep Republic. I had gone into a store in Sydney to try out the Sleeping Duck. That was comfortable,I preferred the medium side over the firm side, but I didn't really like how you can unzip the layers and take the bits and pieces out, plus I had read the different foams were thicker in the Sleep Republic and better quality. I ordered online and it was delivered the very next day, which was great. Initial thoughts were that, the quality seemed good and cashmere was nice soft. I do think the bed is on the firmer side of medium, when comparing to other beds in Snooze, but it is definitely comfortable. The pocket springs do really make difference such that when my husband moves I really don't feel it. My husband and I are sleeping so much better and we didn't realise how much were were waking up before having the Sleep Republic. Also, I feel the bed is also very supportive. It's been about a month since our purchase and we have been very happy, so much so we have also bought a king single for my son who also love his bed!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Jane, thank you for such a detailed review! This will be very helpful to future customers, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We're so happy to hear... read more »

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love our Sleep Republic mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

We are in love with our new bed! It took a bit of convincing for my husband to get his head around buying a bed in a box, but we are sold and will happily (and have) recommended it to anyone. It’s like the mattress hugs each curve of your body without being too hard or too soft. It’s a race to get into bed each night because it’s just so comfortable. Thank you for creating such an amazing bed!

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for your very kind review, we are glad you are so persuasive with your husband!

Adelaide

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Used for a year now

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

We have been pretty happy with our sleep republic king size mattress and been using it for around a year. It is so comfortable to lie on - much nicer than our old mattress. The mattress was delivered very quickly (though box was beaten up and it literally had to be dragged around it was so heavy). The price was great for the quality that you receive.

The only issues that I have that make it less than 5 stars for me:

First, the weight - if we move house, I am not even sure how we will get the mattress out it is that heavy. Much more than a normal spring mattress.

And the second issue is how hot the bed can get. I have never used memory foam or similar materials and was surprised at how hot the bed can get through the night. I think after a year of sleeping in it, I have grown accustomed to it and am used to overheating but it was not pleasant for a few months there - I would wake up sweating. Some people might love that though!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Claire thank you for taking time to review and provide feedback. Our pocket spring core having double the number of springs does weigh more than a standard core but we believe the comfort benef... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Fantastic Service and just a superior product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

We arrived in Melbourne from NZ and needed to get mattresses for our entire family. As an experiment we bought mattresses from a very popular bed in a box supplier and also Sleep Republic. The other brand was good to deal with but the mattress itself was only average. In fact over a period of about 2 weeks we had 3 different relatives stay and test both beds and the verdict was 100% for sleep republic. The springs make a difference. The other mattress company fulfilled their 100 day return promise admirably but it was an easy choice. Further we had a slight issue with the Sleep Republic mattress which may well have been our fault or at least partially caused by us, but the company was incredibly supportive and responsive - resolving the issue same day with another brand new king mattress. So - if you're deciding between the 101 different mattress in a box suppliers either just go with Sleep Republic or do what we did and pit them head to head with your alternative choice - I bet you they'll win anyway. Happy sleeping!

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thanks for your feedback and recommendation Dan, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know your experience. As one would expect, like you we believe our mattress will compare favourably ... read more »

Strathfieldsaye

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Defective handle

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Mattress literally just arrived. Once the handle goes, you're going to have trouble. The handle broke from the box before I even got it in the front door. The box looks rather beaten up and the handle installation seems quite vulnerable, as it relies on the integrity of the cardboard encasing the mattress to retain the plywood panel to which the handle is attached. I'm sure the mattress is going to be fabulous, but at this point it is lying in the hallway and being dragged by inches along it :-) Will post more as it unfolds - pun intended.

On the plus side, their service is excellent and the communication likewise. Only ordered this two days ago for delivery to regional Victoria. Well done. One star deducted for box condition and failure of handle.

Graeme

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Graeme, We're very sorry to hear about the defective handle, we hope it didn't cause you too much trouble. We're glad to hear you are happy with our service and communication and look forward ... read more »

It's hard to believe that a mattress with springs could be delivered so compactly and yet bounce back to be so supportive. Very nice! The failure of the carrying handle made things difficult but no... read more »

Sleep Republic Official

Thanks for the recommendation Graeme, we are thrilled that the mattress is giving you the comfort and support you need.

Brisbane

No More Sleep Problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Ordered the mattress (Queen size) around midday 4/7/2017 and received it around 4:15 pm two days later (West side of Brisbane). I asked a couple of questions via email during the process and these were answered very promptly. I had been putting up with a hard mattress for over two years and had realised that I needed a soft to medium mattress as I sleep on my side mostly. The S/R mattress stopped the hip / shoulder pain that I had been getting with the old mattress. From the first sleep onwards it has been wonderful. It is great to actually get out of bed feeling refreshed by sleep, rather than feeling sore. I have now had it for just over 2 1/2 weeks and I'm impressed !

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you for your review and feedback, taking the time to let others know your experience is appreciated. May there be many more weeks of comfort ahead!
We aim to add Brisbane metro to our same day delivery service soon.
SR Team

Update: now had the Sleep Republic mattress almost 3 months. I'm still loving it. It still looks as good as it did on arrival and gives a great night's sleep. I have been making sure that I rotate ... read more »

Amazing sleep!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

New bed for almost a week now and all I can say is that it's been great! No more lower back pain. Friends who have come over and tested it have said its great too! Was a bit on the heavy side (came with a handle and wheels to move) but it makes sense - has both coils and foam so you get the best of both worlds. Worth the extra money from other beds in a box.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Geoffrey thanks for taking time to give feedback, we are happy that the mattress is doing the job for you.
The 2,250 individual springs (King) compared to around 1,000 in a standard mattress are well worth the difference we think!

Date Purchased: May 2017

BUY THIS MATTRESS ! Forget the all the cheaper foam ones !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

My wife an I are in LOVE with our king size mattress. There are loads of the cheaper all foam mattresses on the market so well trialed one of the well know brands for over 2 months. There is absolutely no comparison with a pocket spring and double foam layer. Spend a little more and and buy a Sleep Republic mattress. It only took one sleep to realise the difference. You will not regret it ! Fantastic product !

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thanks Adam, our mattresses do their best work in a loving home!
We are of course pocket spring biased too so really agree with your comments.

The perfect mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

I love my new mattress. I have many problems back and this mattress make me sleep so good. Perfect back support, excellent for everyone. Customer service is excellent also, very helpful.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Millie, thank you for your feedback. We are really happy that your back problems are no longer an issue. happy sleeping!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

Perfect mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I am so happy we decided on this mattress the service was quick delivered after 11/2 days as we ordered on Saturday arrived Monday
It is the best sleep I've had in ages no more sore back my husband could only stay in bed about 4-5 hours now he is managing about 7
I feel like when I get into bed it hugs me and welcomes me, soft when you hop in but still firm
I'm loving it best decision I've made

Purchased at: Online Computer

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Lora thank you for your feedback and review, we are thrilled that it's working so well for both of you. As we all know, hugs make the world go round!

No more back aches

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

We ordered our Sleep Republic mattress because I was having a very sore back from our old one. After only one week on our new mattress, my back felt so much better. It's kind of soft but firm at the same time, which sounds kind of weird, but it's true.
We ordered it on a Wednesday and it arrived on Friday, such a quick delivery, just fantastic, and unwrapping it and unrolling it out of its box was like magic...very cool.
I honestly think this is the best product and the best service from a bussiness that I've ever known, just excellent

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thank you so much for your review, Helen! We're very happy to hear that your back is no longer sore and you're sleeping better. Soft but firm is exactly the way we wanted the mattress to feel- so... read more »

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

This is not a dream

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Somehow this mattress makes you feel like you've had a really good day even when you haven't. The minute you jump into bed, everything turns around and it's almost like you float away from your problems on a fluffy cloud. Seriously, my pillow used to be the highlight of going to sleep in my old bed but when I got my Sleep Republic mattress, I had to buy new pillows because mine were just so darn uncomfortable that they weren't doing my new mattress justice. It's also done wonders for my back as it's soft but supportive.
Best investment ever. So glad I didn't hesitate. How could you when Sleep Republic provides so much information about the construction, shipping and unboxing of their mattresses - not to mention the 100 night free trial.
Seems like it's been a dream from the get-go with an amazing price, freebies, fast delivery and ease of unpacking. It's now been 6 months and I have no complaints!

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Leana, thank you for your wonderful review! We're so glad you're enjoying the mattress and getting a better sleep. - SR Team

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

This was perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

At the moment I can't comment on my sleep republic mattress because it just arrived today. However I was thrilled with the service I have received so far. I've had emails letting me know when to expect my parcel. I was lucky enough to get a free mattress protector and a lovely box of chocolates. They all came today, the delivery men were wonderful, the packaging was fantastic on it all but I was so impressed with the chocolate packaging cos it was in a foam box with an ice pack wrapped in a chux to keep the chocolates cool. I can't praise sleep republic enough and I'm looking forward to trying out the mattress tonight. I very happy customer.

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Hi Lou, so glad you liked the chocolates, hope you love the mattress too!
SR Team

Loving it so far, so it hats a very good and positive sign. Thanks

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

I can't even review the bed because Sleep Republic's delivery service is dismal!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

So far reading all the reviews i felt I was pretty safe in purchasing a Sleep Republic mattress. They are right here in Australia! My 73 year old parents were coming and I needed a better mattress and did all the research and decided after being assured with the guys on the chat that I would have the mattress in 5 business days right before my parents arrived. Its been 10 days since I ordered and (7 biz days) and since found out that Sleep republic paid a lousy 3rd party delivery service to deliver the mattress to my place on the Sunshine Coast Queensland (1 hr north of Brisbane) because apparently I am too far away I guess from their normal delivery company. When my Sleep Republic mattress did not arrive 4 Days ago, I was forced to purchase a rather expensive blow up mattress for my 75 year old parents visiting from Canada. I called Sleep Republic and they did apologize and gave me a discount off the bed to say sorry and assured me that the bed would be here for sure on Saturday. I waited all day and repeatedly called the company responsible for my lost mattress "All Freight" with the number provided by Sleep Republic. I must of called twenty times and no one answered and no where on the website was an actually way other than this one number to contact them! What kind of freight service has no emergency contact? I waisted a whole Saturday waiting and no one showed. I would love to have given a great review, but its Sleep Republics responsibility to make sure if they are going to use 3rd party delivery services, that the least they would have is an emergency contact to them for this very reason! Not a good start Sleep republic. So I sit here typing this on a very uncomfortable air mattress while my parents sleep on my bed, hoping Sleep Republic will somehow make right and get that mattress here tomorrow. They offer a refund, So do I now have to go to a shop and start over? Waist more time and more effort that I shouldn't of had to experience had Sleep Republic ensured a reliable company entrusted with their product? One of reasons I bought this bed was it was from Australia, so didnt think this would be an issue. Stay tuned for the rest of this so far disappointing Sleep Republic story. Hopefully they can make things right so I can actually review the mattress and the conclusion to this delivery mess... I would be surprised. :-(

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Chris, As advised are extremely sorry about this delay on the part of Hunters and All Freight. It isn't acceptable service and both of us have been badly let down by them. In some locations becau... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Excellent value and comfort...

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

We've had our sleep republic mattress for about 6 months & I purchased it after doing much research on what would be best for my husband & I. I made the decision based on the way the mattress is made with 1850 pocket springs for the queen size as I thought it would be very supportive & it is giving us a better nights sleep than our 5 year old very expensive orthopaedic mattress ever did, I suffered so much pain I used to roll on my side & use my pillows as support to sit up & get out of bed in the morning as I have a pre existing condition but now I don't suffer nearly as much back & hip pain.. The only small issue is it is a little on the heavy side & would be benificial to have some handles on the sides to help rotate it as it needs 2 people to do this but other than that I'm definitely very happy with our new mattress & have recommended it to friends as it is definitely value for money for a good nights sleep.. Thankyou Sleep Republic

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thanks for your comments and feedback we appreciate them. We are glad it has helped with your back pain, the design purpose of the added springs is to give that better support in these circumstance... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Exactly what they promise.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I was so skeptical buying a mattress online. But knowing that I can return it if I'm not happy made it much easier for me to decide. I was looking at mattresses around $5000 in stores with no return policy. I can not get over how such a big supportive mattress fits into a small box.
Customer Service is excellent. Mattress is excellent. I am so glad I tried it out and will be recommending sleep republic to everyone. No regrets what so ever.
Best investment I've made in a long time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleep Republic Official

Thanks Sam! We appreciate your feedback and review. Like you, we never cease to get a buzz out of seeing a mattress 'magically' grow out of the box!

1 of 5 pages