ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

at the end of the day I got nothing and you kept my deposit. Three quotes from you and still got nothing. Are you still in business

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Steve, thank you for reaching out to us and apologies for the level of care that you have received as this is not up to our usual standards. If you could please reply to our private message with... read more »

Helping the Environment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

The tradesmen were efficient after they promptly arrived to do the installation, and informative when questions arose. Feedback from the staff was straightforward and friendly.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Karen, thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent installation and post-installation support, we're very glad that we could provide you with such a high level of care. ... read more »

Central coast

Private message

Poor after sale service, no one seem real keen on sorting

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

The system doesn’t work & no one seems, real interested in sorting it out. A lot of promises but no real action, don’t return calls as promised, just a lot being palmed off.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Neil, thank you for your feedback and apologies for the level of care that you have received thus far as this is not up to our usual standards. It seems that our staff have tried to contact you ... read more »

Hoping to beat the electricity bill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

From initial contact to the installation, staff were very helpful. Happy to answer questions and intallation technician very knowledgeable .

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Tracie, thank you very much for your review, we're glad that you've enjoyed your entire journey with us. If there's anything that you would like assistance with or are unsure about, please do not hesitate to contact our team.

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Battery doesnt work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I had an enphase battery installed to compliment existing pv array mid July 2018. It has never worked and after 4 service tech visits, countless phone calls from myself, fobbing off by customer service etc, etc I now have to take legal action. $6,000 in costs have been incurred by myself - I want my money back and lost revenue
Do not use these con artists

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Richard, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and our sincere apologies for the level of service that you received as this was not up to our usual standards at all. Sin... read more »

Thank you SSG, System is working after last visit, I tried to withdraw review but it got published instead - my apologies

Power bill halved!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

My first power bill since having the battery installed and it's less than half of my previous bill. Looking forward to seeing the how summer improves these results! Also very impressed with the after-sale service phone calls from Solar Service Group to check how things are going and offering further assistance if required.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Leonie, thank you very much for your feedback, we're very happy to hear that your first power bill has more than halved since installing your solar battery with us! If there's anything that you ... read more »

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Installed an Enphase Battery and part of their offered program.
Organising was easy, consultant answered and provide all information. Installation was quick, the contractor explained what they were doing, once don cleaned up and tidy. Advised how the system would work, love the app to monitor battery and usage.
Thank you!

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lisa, thank you very much for your positive feedback, we're glad that we could provide you with a 5-star experience for your recent solar battery installation with us! Very good to hear that you... read more »

Best installer ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

The installer was great - first rate - came when he said he would, was there as long as he said he would be, very quiet, very friendly, very professional, very efficient. Left no mess and was a real pleasure to deal with. Can't remember his name but he deserves 10 gold stars!

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, thank you very much for your positive feedback from your recent installation with us. We're glad that our Technician was able to provide you with an outstanding experience! If there's any... read more »

installitation went as planned installer was great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

process was done quickly and efficiently.issues when I had batteries installed but quickly fixed by solar service group.well done by all

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Robert, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that the issues were quickly fixed by our team and you enjoyed your overall experience with us! If there's anything that y... read more »

Condong

• 2 helpful votes

Don’t be conned

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Received a letter from Solar Services Group offering subsidised Solar System and Battery and to call to see if I qualify, I already have a Solar System 6.4kw, 5 kw Hybrid Inverter and 10kw Battery Pack but called as my partner is wanting to upgrade her old 1.5kw grid tie system which was installed back 2011 hence the call, I quickly learned that there was NO subsidy or discount just hoping that you were not aware of what was available elsewhere on the market. The System they were offering is available through many other installers out in market place at a competitive price, I wouldn’t call it a scam but there marketing ploy selling “subsidised Solar is NOT correct.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Martyn, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. There is indeed a subsidy on the system, and this is for participation in the Program and providing us with information on the performance of... read more »

Can now see what I am saving every day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

The process from first contact to final payment went quickly and smoothly. Very impressed with the work quality of the technicians who did the survey and installation.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Sunil, thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent installation with us! We're glad to hear you are happy with the quality of work from our technicians. If there's anyth... read more »

Too early to comment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Panel installation process was good to early to give any further comment - no issues with installers or company or personnel

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi I Zacharias, thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent installation with us! We're glad that we could provide you with a fantastic experience. If there's anything that... read more »

Love my new battery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Throughout the entire process of having my battery purchased and installed I've been extremely happy.
On the day of the installation the installer was nice enough to call to say he was able to come earlier than originally planned. I was very happy with his work.
Since having the battery installed I've been obsessed with using the batteries online portal to track and monitor my usage, I love a good graph.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Chris, thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent solar battery installation with us! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the monitoring software!. If there's anything t... read more »

Excellent product excellent customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

fantastic - easy and excellent process. Professional, on time, quality service - very happy with the outcome and with how all the staff responded to questions

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Steve, thank you very much for your positive feedback! We're glad that we could provide you with excellent customer service. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Melbourne

• 3 comments

Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I signed up with a consultant on the 21st paid my deposit. Then learned i needed a big operation early Jan 2019.
So i called and emailed straight away to say we have changed our minds and can i please have my deposit back. Now cant get anyone to talk to me. I have rung and left messages i am now trying live chat to see how i go. The man i signed with Dave was so eager to chat then but no one wants to talk now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Since posting this i have been contacted and my issue sorted. With many thanks to Megan And Robyn Best wishes Lynn

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Sammy, apologies for the level of service that you have received as this is not up to our usual standards. I am glad to hear we were able to resolve this for you and arrange your refund. If you ... read more »

Thankyou very much.

An Eye Opener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

The installation was simple and carried out expertly, efficiently and within the time nominated. The installer arrived on time, explained everything concisely and clearly. He left everything clean and tidy.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daryll, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're glad that you're very happy with your entire experience. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Great experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

I found the staff on the phone very helpful and the installation guys were very friendly and explained sets as they were installing and very tidy

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Christine, thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent installation with us. We're glad that we could give you a fantastic experience with your installation! If there's anything ... read more »

Installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

My installation crew were fantastic
I had a medical emergency when they were about to come
They worked around me & by the time I had to go to hospital they were finished
Helen Greystanes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Helen, thank you so much for your fantastic feedback, we're glad that although you had a very busy day, our installers were able to provide you with a 5-star service nonetheless. If there's anyt... read more »

Excellent service and customer care excellent great place to get your battery and solar done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

The day of the insulation they were on time and the installer explain everything that was happening .After he finished everything was clean and showed me how to use the app . I would recommend Thi she company to other people

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Stephen, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're glad that we could provide you with a 5-star experience with your recent solar battery installation with us... read more »

So far the best decision I have made

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Very professional answered every question I asked explained what was going on. They were very good and got on to the job with no problems

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Edward, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We're very happy that we could answer all your questions and provide you with a 5-star experience! If there's anything that you wou... read more »

1 of 10 pages

Thinking of getting a battery installed. We have 5 people in he house. How many solar panels would I need to help me get the best use of a battery?

Shane asked on Nov 02, 2018

Answer this

I have a 5.1 kw solar system with a 1.2 kw battery(gov subsidised)The bigger the battery the better unfortunately they are expensive now but they will get cheaper.
only 2 of us in house.We use average of 9.4 kw hrs per day so we are virtually self sufficient.
With a quality inverter (very important) this system should cost 10-12 thousand dollars.
the amount of panels varies due to size.ie small=27 panels/large=18 panels.
Now the real savings come with how you use your appliances ie avoid overuse of ones that involve heat
ie fan heaters/ovens/electric jugs/clothes dryers/dishwashers.Use cold water in wash m/c and turn off power at power points (during day and overnight)
You can easily halve your power usage by doing the above.
Because most systems come with monitoring(laptop/phone)you can see exactly how much power you are using and this will teach you how to use them more effectively.
hope this answers your question

Hi, I would like to know if I could get the full refund in the cooling off period (within 24 hours). I have been told that i have to pay AUD450 for cancellation. Can you please let me know how?

Kah YIP asked on Sep 10, 2018

Answer this

I'm sorry that I don't have answer to your question. You may need to contact the company directly. Sorry!

Hi .I too am unable to answer your question.The staff at Solarr Group are very helpful and will answer all your questions.

Hi Kah, we're sorry to hear that you will be cancelling your order with us. If you could please private message us your relevant order details, a member of staff can contact you to discuss your request.

Hi We have a 3kw system and were recently advised by our electricity y provider that to get better value from a battery in regard to charging - that I would need to upgrade to 5kw + system; however, I note from some of the previous questions you can provide for smaller systems ....is this correct and how about efficiency? Thanks Greg

Grange28 asked on Jul 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi Greg I have a 2kw 8 panels solar sistem ,I have installed a 1.2 battery from Solar Sevice Group .I live by my self .It is working . And I use my old solar system . But like I said I am by my self .

Thanks Hendrick
Are you saving on power usage and what was the cost with installation.

Hi Greg, thanks for your question! Yes, we do provide solar battery storage solutions for smaller residential solar PV installations but can also help you in upgrading your system to 5kW with storage if that is something you would like to also consider. With all installations being different, retrofitting to your existing system may mean that there are less costs involved in your installation than others so we're very happy to give you a personalised quote on both solutions to give you an accurate idea on the costs involved in your specific installation. For further information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42.

See all 10 questions about Solar Service Group