Batteries are essential, if Solar panels installed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I’m glad to be able to store power from Solar panels. To use off peak hours.
I have 4 Enphase batteries, working well on sunny days, to save sending my power to the Grid.
My Enlighten App is excellent. Easy to use to check production and saving. Easy to read. With follow up from Solar Service Group.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

We were offered an opportunity to service our panels. We installed our system and effectively forgot it - except to check how much solar power we generated. Lucky for us we accepted the invitation for a service. We found out that our system was not operating properly and the consequence was that we lost some solar generated power. The inspection was thorough and the technicians both friendly and informative. Thanks Solar Service Group - very helpful.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Barb, great to learn that your service brought your solar PV system back up to full operation! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, if you find anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Belgrave, Victoria, Australia

Great Product Great Service Great Result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I've had a system installed (16 panels and 1 battery) for nearly 12 months now and I can say without any hesitation In would recommend Solar Service Group as the go to installation company.
The whole installation process went very well and the monitoring application on your phone/tablet or computer is an excellent addition. They also do a cleaning program and the benefit after the clean was very noticeable.
The cost benefit in my instance is excellent and I am saving a lot of money that would otherwise got to the electrical retailer.
All in all a great and beneficial experience in my instance.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Stewart, thank you for your review, we're thrilled that after the panel clean that your solar panels are making a noticeable output difference. If you find anything that you think we could improve upon please let us know.

Verified Customer

This is perfect and it is great to be able to monitor it with the MyEnlighten app

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

The installation of 16 solar panels, providing 4KW of energy from the sun, was a good idea. The only problem was the loss of solar generated power when the sun went down, I needed some way of storing it economically and that is where Solar Service Group provided the solution. By having reliable advice about the needs and installation I could not fault them. The installation was quick, tidy carried out professionally with constant regard to my, the customers, needs and it was great to be able to monitor the system from Perth, where I was on holiday, back in Melbourne. I could not fault them.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Frank, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad that you are enjoying the benefits of remote monitoring of your solar system! If you ever find anything that you think we can improve on please let us know.

Great results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

My 7 year old solar system was carefully tested and compliance issues were clearly explained. I was very pleased with the subsequent efficient service and compliance resolutions and the final prompt, meticulous inspection was most gratifying. My telephone inquiries have all been professionally and pleasantly conducted.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Sue, thank you for providing us with your feedback, we're glad that we've been able to assist you with your solar system to ensure its up to current safety standards! If you ever find anything that we could improve on please let us know.

Cannot wait to see the savings

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

All went well the installation was seamless, the installers were great. I was a. Bit disappointed after paying that we had to wait a bit
To long, I do understand we are in a country town. Asham you don't have more installers. The office back up kept us informed at all times.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Cathy and Tony, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad that your installation was great, we appreciate your patience with the unexpected delay. If you ever th... read more »

Saving $$$$$$$$

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

We installed one battery and the savings were very impressive, sowe have ordered two more which should just about take us off the grid.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Brian and Nerida, thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is great to see that you have received great savings from your solar battery. If you ever find anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Very good product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Had my system installed some six weeks ago and already seeing signs of saving money, may have to look at a second battery as I’m still selling back to the grid where I could be using it myself, excellent product and very good back up service

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Joe, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad that you're already seeing the benefits of solar battery technology! If you ever find anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Taylors Hill

Professional and Appropriate Advice and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

The Solar Service Group specialists provided professional and appropriate advice on my battery storage needs taking into account solar PV panel output capacity and power consumption pattern. The high quality modular Enphase batteries supplied will allow for easy expansion if needed, and the Enlighten monitoring system via the internet provides near real-time viewing of the total system power flows including solar panel power production, household power consumption, grid and battery power flows, and battery state-of-charge. Solar Service Group will also be providing follow-up monitoring and maintenance services for the total solar power system.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your experience with us and your solar batteries. We're glad that you have found the Enlighten monitoring syst... read more »

Verified Customer

installing battery back up.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

We had solar service group install a back up battery and were very pleased with the service.
2 servicemen came and installed battery near our switch board,they cleaned up after themselves and we are hoping it will dramatically reduce our energy bills.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Belinda, thank you so much for your review, we're glad that our technicians were able to provide you with a high level of service. If there is anything that you think that we could improve on in the future please let us know.

Narre Warren

Trustworthy and Helpful Company

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

I am a blind or vision impaired person and have been misled by another solar company who made false claims and did not live up to their promises. I have to trust people and companies to be true to their word and to do what they say they will and in return for the money I pay I also ask that they show understanding to my disability and things it may prevent me from reading or doing. I was initially invited to apply for a discounted or subsidised battery solar system and was disappointed when I rang up and spoke to Trevor who advised their were no more subsidised systems available. as I had been struggling with recent power bills that have gone up dramatically I asked what a battery system would cost and what it would do for me? from that point on I was extremely impressed and in some ways surprised at how professional, open and honest Trevor appeared to be with me because he corrected wrong assumptions I made and he did not try to hide any problems or disadvantages or things that the system would not do.

Before I ordered with him he spent a great deal of time on the phone explaining what was required and what I would need to do if I purchased a system and what others should do to maintain it or they could maintain it for me. I may have been foolish because I tend to try and verify what I am told as I have been taken advantage of by different kinds of businesses as soon as they knew I had a disability resulting in a loss in one case of $26,000 and in another case where a very substandard and unapproved building extension was erected by a building company I lost $40,000 as they had pretended they had got a building permit. I decided that based on what Trevor had told me and the open communication that he had with me it was likely that he was an honest and trustworthy person and I decided that it would be on the balance of probability a good idea to spend the money and if I was being used or exploited I would learn another lesson but if not I may be able to reduce the pressure I feel with each power bill I get.

After ordering the system from Trevor there was a number of things that needed to be given attention and when I contacted the company these were attended to or I was carefully advised as to what to do and the situation was resolved completely. as I have little or no knowledge of technical things and computers I had a discussion with another extremely helpful and professional member of staff (Dean) and when I explained that I could not see the meters or lights and that I had no knowledge of how Wi-Fi was set up with just a short time to check it was approved he offered to send out a technician who was another member of staff at no charge and that he would have a look over the entire system and see why it was not being monitored and try and correct what the issue was. I was very grateful to dean because it was not his fault nor that of the company if my Wi-Fi or computer was not working properly and the good will he showed by getting a member of staff to come out and assist me was very much appreciated.

The final impression I will relay is that a technician/staff member who was superb (Ben) came out and spent a good amount of time looking over my power board and meter and at the installation and then also at my computer and Wi-Fi and when I said that I was sorry I did not know much about setting up Wi-Fi or even what my password was he was very compassionate and did a number of things and then announced that it was all working and that all i needed to do was ask my friend when he next came in to do some work to load an enlighten app on my phone. I admire the professional and honest approach of Trevor and Dean and I can only say that after the disappointment of being told I could not have a subsidy on the system the company still deserved to win my business and I am glad that i deal with them.

Having met Ben I must say that Solar Service Group is very fortunate to have Ben working for them because not only is he friendly, helpful and honest but I genuinely cannot remember when I last had somebody visit me from an company who was as professional and understanding as he was and as a result of his willingness to assist above my expectations I had nominated him as well as Trevor and Dean as part of a Vision Australia recognition award that is presented by the state governor of Victoria each year at government house acknowledging exceptional services that are provided to those who are blind, vision impaired and may also have other sensory disabilities. I congratulate the company on being honest and matter of fact and I congratulate, Trevor, Dean and Ben on being helpful, approachable and friendly.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi John, Thank you for your review! We are extremely touched that you had such a positive experience from installation to technical support. All of our staff are grateful for your kind words and Vi... read more »

Saving money straight away.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I had a battery installed to my existing solar panels on my house from Solar Service Group a couple months ago. Since been installed I saving $1.89 per day off my first electricity bill since battery was installed.
Solar service Group was great to help me explain and understand how the battery works and savings can be saved. The enlighten app is great and you can track your hourly usage. See when the battery cuts works against the grid.
All a great experience to deal with this company.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Will, thanks for the review! We are glad to hear your solar battery is helping you save on your electricity bills. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve on.

Paralowie, South Australia

• 1 helpful vote

Solar System Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

I have a total of 17 solar panels on my roof which have been there for about 6 years. They have never been serviced. After seeing an ad for SSG I decided to have my panels serviced for the first time. It took a while for an appointment but on the due day the tech arrived. He explained what he was going to do and went ahead. After a short while I decided to ask some questions about my service with which he replied to me in layman's terms, things I did not totally understand about Solar energy etc. I also asked whether a Battery would help my situation. He told me that with the feed-in tariff I am receiving it would not be worth the cost and would not benefit right now. Once the feed-in tariff decreases in a few years, then the need for a battery. The tech was totally honest with me, and very polite and professional. I did have to wait a while for the on-site report to be sent but after a quick phone call it arrvied by email that same day. I have called SSG a few times and have had some difficulty getting through but just tried later and got straight through. All in all a great experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with one of our technicians. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve on.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Didn't install product correctly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I got a battery installed on the 21 8 2017 and it has not been connected so I am saving on electricity and it is now the 28 9 2017. They good at taking your money but not turning the battery on straight away. There putting the blame onto someone else that connects it to the grid. What a joke one very unhappy customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Loza, thanks so much for the feedback, and our apologies on the service you have received,. Call you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply below with your order number and I will ... read more »

Brunswick Heads

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

They are there for the customer not for there pocket!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

We have signed up for the battery trial. The people we spoke to were easy to understand, patient, polite and willing to answer all questions we asked and if we didn't understand anything they were happy to explain in a more simplified form. They were not pushy or rude but happy to let us decide in our own time. We are eagerly awaiting the installation of our batteries. Would be happy to recommend them to others.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Marj, thanks for such a lovely review! I am glad to hear your journey with us has been a pleasant one! I will pass the positive feedback on to the team. I hope the rest of your experience with u... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Field Trial? Really?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Congratulations reading this review before signing up and avoiding this con just saved you thousands. If however, like me, you've already signed welcome to hours on hold on the phone and ignored emails asking simple questions. If $4k is not a lot of money to you then the pre install and install service is great...read all the 5 star reviews!!!what's not taken into account is life after the installation, its not so good ...really..."we're experiencing a high volume of calls" wears a bit thin after a couple of months. Plus it appears I probably paid twice what I should have to shave a fraction off my power bill:sad but true. I was then offered an extra battery for $2500 to help shave another few bucks off my power bill(what a joke!). My advice is to move on,there's worse things in life than blowing a few grand and the Enlighten ap is fun for us oldies to play with anyway.

September 28th 2017 Update: Got my bill saved $100

I actually have had a power bill since installation unlike the 4 or 5 star reviews and found it saved just under $100 this sunny quarter. $400/year saved means 10 years to break even and that's if there's no hassles and lots of sun.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Silversurfer, thanks so much for the feedback, and our apologies on the service you have received after install, that's certainly not up to the level we want people to receive. Call you please e... read more »

Saving the world

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

I must congratulate the technician who installed our battery. he was polite efficient and answered all my questions no matter how ridiculous they sounded.
I had one battery installed and was so impressed with the service that I am having two more batteries installed.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Bill D, thanks for the review! We love hearing about positive experiences our customers have with our installers. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve on.

Love the battery!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

We've recently had our new solar battery installed and can't thank the company for the support we received from day 1!!!! With a lot of unexpected hurdles in our family we were able to go through our install without any questions asked and now loving the benefits we're receiving from our stylish Enphase battery

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Perfection, thanks for the review! Glad to hear you are happy with your solar battery purchase from us. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve on.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 4 questions
  • 11 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

As far as I can tell, not a real field trial-wish I'd read reviews before signing up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

We got sucked into getting one of these batteries installed for a so called "field trial". I always wondered how they targeted us, but thanks to another reviewer (lyonwiss) I now understand how they got our address.
I started to get suspicious when, after filling out the form, we were contacted almost immediately to be part of the trial. And they wanted a large deposit (20%) up-front to "process the order". They then organised for the installers to come out and wanted payment in full before that happened. We were also told we would be given information about the trial, but the installers had no idea. I made part payment after the installers left and informed the office, via email that's what I had done. They then emailed back to encourage me to make the total payment by another method.

Apparently you are supposed to download an app and register so you can get the details and readouts from the unit. Bit hard to do that though when Solar Service Group won't send you the relevant info, despite repeated requests
I also asked a number of, what I thought were, relevant questions about the so called field trial - like how many people have signed up, how many are needed for the trial to be relevant and worthwhile, what the actual aim of the trial is and are our personal details kept private or sold on to a third party?

None of these have been answered, I was just directed to the website, which is just PR and answers none of these relevant questions

Now, I have no technical expertise when it comes to these types of units ...but as far as I can tell, this "field trial" appears to have been a way to get people hooked on what they thought was a half price deal...so my advice would be do your homework first.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lilly Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time to write it. I am sorry to hear that you feel our field trial is not legitimate. I can confirm for you that this is not t... read more »

Cant fault battery instulation yet waiting on my next full bill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

When we had fiert contact with sola service every question we asked was answered . Instulation was carried out on date and time promised am very satisfied with service

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Dia, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to write it. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve on.

1 of 4 pages

Hi My name is James I received a letter from your firm suggesting Vic Solar battery subsidised field trial I have tried to put an enter code you gave on your website, but i cannot open it Please contact me on jamesnnhuong@yahoo.com.au. Ia m interested in participating the program. I am thinking about putting a battery at my home in Mount Elisa. Wait for your reply. Thank you James

james asked on Aug 22, 2017

Hi James

Thanks for your enquiry. I have sent your email address on to our sales team. Someone will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 40 41 42 anytime.

I received two letters from your company today claiming to offer subsidised solar battery storage. Saying almost half the total cost - but no examples given. Sorry, but I'm wary after claims from companies for different things, giving similar "discounts". Why can't you give cost examples openly? I won't be calling, or registering interest, without at least some idea.

simply asked on Aug 02, 2017

Hi there

Thank you for raising your concerns.
Please see the link below to our website with further information about the letter you received.

The main reason we don't disclose our prices for this is because only a select number of homes have received this letters, and not everybody is eligible to participate. Because we are heavily subsidising our standard list price for participants in the program (in turn for participants providing feedback and information on their energy consumption), hence we cannot disclose the price to the general public.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42 and one of our Solar Specialists will be able to provide you with more information and a no obligations quote if your are eligible.

Kind regards
Megan
Solar Service Group

Rang them today to get an idea of which batteries and size they were offering - both Enphase (come in 1.2V packs so can be expanded aas required) and LG Chem 6.5V. I
I'have a 5kW PV panel system and over the last 2 years since installation I have been monitoring solar PV output, consumption and export to the grid so and how much could potentially store. While if I had a battery system, in the sunnier months possibly not need to draw from the grid, but not so in winter. Remember that a battery warranty is only for 10 year and the storage capacity diminishes to around 65% over that period. However my calculation suggests that based on current power costs and FIT it would take nearly 20 years to cover the cost of the battery. The 6.5 V LG Chem batttery was being offered at $11.75 installed which was even greater than that for a Tesla Powerwall 2 (13.8V) for which another company quoted $11.5K installed.Therefore I might have been interested SSG offer if the cost was around $6.5K

I have 12 panels and was wondering what the cost wld be to install a battery Thks Deborah Email address us: deb_owens@optusnet.com.au

deb1409 asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your enquiry.
Each household is different, as it depends on how much energy your panels are producing and what your household energy consumption is. If you could please call us on
1300 40 41 42 with your latest electricity bill, one of our solar specialist will be able to run a bill analysis and inform you on the best battery system for you.

Kind regards