Finally hot water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I have been without a fully operational solar hot water system for 4 years. Contacted Solargain and within a week they have been out and replaced the pump and I now have lots of hot water. Every other solar company I contacted didn't want to know. I would highly recommend them every day of the week..

fast, well priced and stood by their promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Solar hot water system replacement was $700 cheaper than the other quotes I got. They installed within two days and didn't even break a roof tile (other tradies always seem to). On time too. A genuine, straight up deal.

How good are this Crew, second time they ahve come to the rescue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

This is the second occasion the Solar gain has replaced a worn-out solar HWS for me the first time I was on holiday in Bali, no problem for the crew here. Second time I'm away at work no issue they say we will be there tomorrow. Problem solved
Well done and thanks again

Awe some product, Great service from start to finish and beyond!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Great levels of service and kept informed the whole way through the installation process and always there for you after.
Thank you and Cheers!

Verified Customer

Four years of solar HWS so far - excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Efficient installation in May 2014, have never run out of hot water (family of four including teens/20s). Comparing it with our previous non-solar off-peak electric HWS, it has saved 81% of what we used to use. We now use an average of 1.08 kWh per day (past 4 years) vs 5.82 kWh/day (previous 12 years). The only issue ever was a fuse in Jan 2016, but it just meant that we got hot water via the off-peak booster instead of the evacuated tubes for a couple of days until we noticed - Solargain quickly came out and diagnosed this and replaced it. From the spring equinox to the autumn equinox the booster hardly ever kicks in - the evacuated tubes provide everything. In the winter the off-peak booster helps out. It has survived temperatures as low as -8 here in Canberra in winter and over 40 deg in summer. It just keeps working with no fuss. Love it!

Verified Customer

Excellent service. Great Product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

From the first contact with the company to installation, everything went perfectly. Now amazing hot water. Thank you to everyone involved.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Nola, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad you're happy with your experience :)

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

The Office Staff were friendly and efficient. Solargain advised my quote was still valid after a couple of weeks.
Installation was within 2 days! The Installers were very particular in product advice and installation procedure. The job was completed within 2.5 hours and you wouldn't even know they had been there in the way of their tidiness. It was windy and showery, the job still went on.
Thoroughly recommend this company in Perth. So happy with my choice.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Deborah, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We value your feedback and so glad we could make this an enjoyable experience for you.
All the best,
Solargain

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Very impressed with the service from the office and the installers. Our previous Edwards Solar HWS broke down after 16 years and Solargain came to the rescue with a loan hot water system to use pending installation of our new Solargain system which was done a couple of days later. They also replaced a corroded sheet of roofing for us. A very neat job thanks to Frank and his team.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Ian - thanks so much for your review! If there's anything we can do, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Warmest, Solargain

Brisbane, QLD

• 1 answer

Excellent PV System, Quality Components

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

We have had our system installed in February 2018 (Fronius Symo 8.2 kW dual tracker inverter with 34 x Q-Cells Q.Power 270 G5 panels) and commissioned in March 2018. It has now been in operation for six months and we are very happy with the system. It has been exceeding the estimated daily output since installation.

I appreciate the time spent with me at the initial stages of my inquiry and the professional manner in which queries were answered.

The staff who installed our system did a neat and tidy job of the installation. They clearly explained how the system would be installed and answered any queries I had with regards to the installation and operation of the PV system.

The administration side was handled very efficiently.

We would happily recommend Solargain to anyone who is considering installing a PV solar system.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Neil, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and glad we could make this experience enjoyable. All the best, Solargain.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

the installer put the hot water system on in a storm and never complained about the weather, the hot water system work great.
Many thanks to the team.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Matthew, thanks so much for your review! Kind Regards, Solargain.

Mandurah

• 1 review

Fast and honest

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Was a surprising change to deal with a honest solar company , they were great from the first point of contact right through to the install. Would highly recommend to anyone

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Nyree, thanks so much for your feedback. We value honesty and transparency in an industry flooded with options. Please let us know if you need anything. Warmest, Solargain.

melbourne

Repeated failures

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

I have had a Solargain Solar system installed in October 2011. Could not have been happier with the reduced electricity bill....but then it failed in 2012. I had a new "Grid Connect Solar PV" put in. Under warranty, this was replaced as new again. But now in 2018, it has failed once more. Solargain want me to sign up to a 2nd hand replacement system with no guarantee that it will work once replaced (again)
I ask myself "it is worth taking that risk"?
Perhaps try another supplier?

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Randy, we've sent you a private message to discuss your concerns.

Solargain hot water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

We ordered our new solargain hot water system on Monday, it was installed on Tuesday and we had hot water that night. Our experience has been a really good one and based on this we would have no hesitation recommending solargain to friends and family. The true test is now to come ie any faults etc but in the meantime thank you solargain, it's been great so far.

Comments
Solargain Official

Thanks so much for your review! If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call our team on 1300 73 93 55. Warmest, Solargain.

Couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Nothing worse than having no hot water in the middle of Winter! So we needed something fast but didn't want to make the mistake of a hasty decision...

We did some research online, including via SolarHotWaterQuotes.com.au. We shortlisted two companies that seemed to be at the top of the feedback lists - UrEco and Solargain and both contacted us immediately (before we could contact them) to provide quotes and answer any questions we might have. Two comparable quotes for the same vitreous enamel (glass-lined) flat panel rooftop system. Excellent service from both (and would recommend both in that regard), but Solargain was able to fit us in with less than 24hrs' notice. Ureco were also pretty quick but would have meant an extra night without hot water, so that's the only reason we chose Solargain ahead of UrEco on this occasion.

Erick, Anton, and (Jeff?) arrived slightly earlier than promised and finished within 90 mins, replacing the system and all in-line valves etc. The only sign that they'd been here was the presence of the new HWS on the roof (i.e. they took all the rubbish and the old system away, but were happy to leave any specific bits behind if we wanted). It was like watching a well-oiled machine. Samantha in the office also did our warranty registration and government rebate paperwork etc for us. That was a week ago and everything seems to be working very well at this brisk time of year. No leaks or evidence of shoddy installation.

Of course the real test will be to see how long it lasts, but that'll only have to be 5 years to beat our previous rooftop HWS - a Conergy Stainless Steel system (which costed twice as much). Next time I wouldn't mind seeing what Solahart can offer (they claim to use thicker steel and double lining, and have obviously been in the game since Adam was a boy!), or perhaps look at how the Euro 444 Stainless Steel systems from UrEco today have lasted by then (it was only $500-$1000 more than the vitreous enamel option and higher grade stainless steel than our Conergy system). Mind you, if the vitreous enamel system from Solargain/UrEco lasts 10-20years, a more expensive unit would be hard to justify...

Thanks Solargain :-)

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Kim, what a well written and comprehensive review! We loved reading this and hearing your feedback. Should you need any assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us directly. All the best, Solargain.

Solar Gain

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Very happy with the prompt service that we received and all our dealings with the company. The staff were extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Maria, thanks so much for your review! We'll pass this onto our team. All the best, Solargain.

The install was poor the panels work good

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

The installers show up 2 hours late after a few hours they said they had to leave to go to a priority job this happen for next day also then I get a call to say they are busy and can not come back until the next week. After much complaining and wanting to speak to the manger witch I never did get to. They will do me a favour and rearrange there appointments and can come the next day to finish the job. Ok got that done then first heavy rain there is water coming out of my air con duct. When it stopped raining I get on the roof to have a look it is coming though a tile they broke putting the support brackets up they must have seen it this is fitted before panel's go on also they did not fit brackets that holeds one side of the panel on. I fixed it my self. Maybe this what you get for complaining. I accept that I was just unlucky my brother got them to install solar and was happy with there service and no roof leaks.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Peter, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please send us your details in a private message or e-mail (sg.info@solargain.com.au) so we can have a look at your case? Alternative... read more »

Solargain poor experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Signed up for a solar system with solargain, when the installers came to fit the system I was informed that it would not fit on our roof. Installer said this was common as salesmen designs the system with a picture from Google earth. installer said that the salesman should have organised a site visit prior to installation. Phoned salesman and got all the apologies in the world. within half an hr got another system design that felt very cobbled together. We were extremely disappointed and decided to hold of and look at different systems.
Finally picked a system, asked the salesman if the 'interest free terms' were still available he said that the price we were given was a cash price. Interest free would be more. Clearly NOT interest free, in fact was $700 more which equated to approx. %15 of system price.
Very disappointed and would not recommend Solargain to anyone.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Owen, we wish to apologise for the experience you described. Please contact our team on 1300 73 93 55 to discuss your situation.

Best replacement Solar Hot Water System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Courteous and efficient. Anton explained everything in detail in terms I could understand and the clean up was immaculate. My system is up and running perfectly!! Excellent job completed by two guys who know their trade inside out. We went with the Baby Boomer Unit as the sons are grown and flown the nest, it's well big enough and more for the two of us.

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Billy, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We'll be sure to pass this onto Anton so he is aware. Should you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards, Solargain.

Verified Customer

New Solargain solar hot water system.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

We bought a two panel on roof system to replace a Solar Edwards (they don't exist anymore) that failed after only 6 years. It had been leaking slowly for over 2 years. We went with Solargain on the recommendation of 2 familly members who both rave on the performance of this same system. We haven't really experienced this yet as the weather has been cold and the booster has been on the whole time we have had it. Everything is great so far. the 5 star rating is mainly for the service. Superb. Our old system died on a Thursday. I called Solargain that evening. the came and installed a small temporary electric storage system the next morning the came on Monday and installed the new one. All at no extra charge. Great service.

Great to have hot water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

So far we are very satisfied with the solar hot water system, even though it has only been a week or two.

1 of 16 pages

Anyone had any issues with this company substituting quoted products with others of 'equivalent quality and performance'? It seems to be an annoying part of their terms and conditions that two other quotes don't seem to have. Their quotes are substantially cheaper, hence the concern.

jimbojames asked on Sep 13, 2018

Any body have a 10kw system and on a cliplock flat roof .approx cost and do they tell you the rebate amount ?

head asked on Jun 30, 2018

Answer this

Sounds like an installation more suited to commercial sized properties rather than residential, unless you live in a rural area. There may be power limits imposed by your local electricity grid operator but in WA the upper limit seems to be about 7Kw. Hope this helps, regards the merrieminer

Our original inverter was replaced due to it being faulty under warranty. Now the replaced inverter is faulty and Solargain says the warranty on the new inverter starts when the original inverter was installed. Is this right? The replacement inverter is less then 3 years old but Solargain says not under warranty.

Rit asked on Aug 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi, Unfortunately its standard practice across all sorts of industries that when parts are replaced its only covered for the balance of the warranty from the original supply or install date. Solar gain can only extend what the manufacturer offers so you have to be very careful when purchasing. It can be so hard to figure out what your entitled to.

Yes, it is right. We had exactly the same issue with 2 inverters not lasting out the warranty period.