The only company with the weekend support from my experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Had a nightmare weekend with a failure of my heating element due to corrosion, the root cause being the need to change the sacrificial anode on the tank(Solar hot water vitreous enamel- 2 collectors-300l tank TS300). My system is Conergy which is now defunct and parts are becoming obsolete, after a ring around of suppliers on the weekend, only Solargain provided the support I needed in my desperation. They got in touch and found out what I needed, sourced the part I wanted and made it available out of hours on the weekend. No other company was available including the company I bought the system from (infinite energy). All sorted now, and we have hot water with thanks to Solargain (Dominic) for going over and above. Because of this support service, I will ultimately replace my system with solargain because i need the weekend assistance and no one else comes close, I also want systems with spare parts available and Solargain are widespread with better reliability. Many companies stated I should change my 5yr old system that cost me $4,500 but I think that is poor advice, bad engineering practice, in a throwaway society-my tank internals are as good as new! Just need the parts and a reminder to change the anode from time to time!

Verified Customer

Really good and really professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Just had a 5kW system installed and am really happy with it. They are more expensive than some and cheaper than others, but installation quality and service have been great. A couple of minor issues, but the mark of a company isn't that they don't have any issues at all but how they deal with them.
Sales were good, pushed them a bit and ended up in a position that satisfied us both.
On the day of installation found that the design the salesman came up with for roof locations didn't really fit so the installation team worked a better plan to ensure quality installation and optimum power. It caused them a lot more work to install but they did the right thing so I've ended up with the correct product. They were here from 7am to 5:30pm! The worst I could find with the installation guys was a few cable sheaths beside the power box on the floor! They were great! Professional and approachable.
There was a small further issue with the remote connection of the smartmeter and the fronius server, but given it was so late, their boss resolved the issue the next morning and is been working great since.
Overall, you will find cheaper, but I doubt you will find better. If quality and service matters to you, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Love them

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

I have had my solar panel place on my roof today by a company called SOLARGAIN and must say that from the sales person Alex Barton to the 3 lovely installers Steve and his team they were so pleasant to talk to a so polite and the efficiency of their work i can't fault and I'm happy to say I will recommend this company and it people even the office people to my family and friends thank you

Excellent job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

We had compared them with about 4 others, before selecting Solargain. They were willing to fit in with our commitments, as we had other stuff that needed to be done for roof repair, and those delays, meant we had to ask SG 2-3 times to put off installation for a few days. The work on the day went well, quickly, no fuss, no mess and the tradies easy to talk to. They explained the tech type stuff so that even I could understand (mostly). Sales people were excellent, too - follow-up without pressure. Only been a few days, but we got hot water and power - bonus!

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi N & S, thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with our service and we have no doubt you will be delighted with the savings your solar power and solar hot... read more »

Great service and installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

My system was installed on 21st March in Pinjarra WA. The sub contractors used were friendly and professional. They had to work on my roof on a 36 degree day yet took their time to do a very neat and tidy job (I went on the roof and checked that day). The property was left cleaned and they explained how to use the inverter.

Organising the installation was easy, and I had no problems getting my questions answered.

As for the performance, I’m yet to get my first bill running a full cycle with solar but the inverter is showing performance that matches the estimated performance on my quote.

Reliable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

It was great to deal with a company that does what it says. They said it would be installed at a specific time and date and that's exactly what happened. Prompt and friendly service, couldn't got better service.

Excellent service from start to finish!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

Dealt with Simone from the first call. She was very knowledgeable and explored multiple options to replace our dead inverter. All possibilities were well priced and we chose the best option and had the installation day organised. Now here’s the important bit - there was a hiccup in installation in as much as only one chap attended initially to install the inverter. Glen was terribly apologetic explaining that upgrades on a two-storey roof couldn’t be completed until a second service person was available. Straight back to Simone - also very apologetic. An easy enough mistake to make. No issues though as another appointment was made a week later and as promised two guys finished the job. Simone deserves a pay rise! She is very good. Glen and his colleague equally personable and professional.

Wellard

Verified Customer

Wonderful service and quick response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

I am extremely satisfied with my solar hot water system and gas booster provided and installed by Solargain. They answered all of my questions in advance and were able to get the system installed very quickly by a professional team who were prompt and didn't leave until the job was done completely and thorough testing of the unit. They were also able to answer further questions for me. The system works amazing and is a huge savings already! I've only needed to use the gas booster once after two cloudy days in a row and it provided the instant hot water as promised.

Perth

Private message

Great to have solar hot water.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

I like Solargain product and it was purchased at an affordable price. The installation as quick and efficient. The sales person was very friendly.

Aveley

Delay in replacing invertor and Worst in Compensation Claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I got the system installed in April/May 2015, invertor system stopped working in June/July 2017 (aprrox.) got it fixed, same problem came back and it took more then 1 month for solar gain to replace the system. 1 month is not a problem when they promise you compensation claim. But that replacement was a such a struggle, all the staff member you will speak with, will promise you that you will get a call back from someone - that someone may be do not exist. In short it was frustrating to have it replace and I literally had to chase them every week 2-3 time as they keep saying that 'someone will contact you and I have left notes that that someone will call you'. I was simply frustrating and not worth it for the amount of $ i spent. So I will rate customer service as Zero star or even negative.
I registered my complaint on 12th Jan 2018 via email had finally got it fixed by 19th Feb 2018. My complaint via email was not even acknowledged until I actually called back in 1 weeks time to see what are they doing about it, and the person I spoke with confirmed that email has been received but o action has been taken. So why to have this email service if there is no one to read them.
Now for the last 3 weeks I have been waiting and following up with THAT SOMEONE that their customer service staff have been promising that SOMEONE will call me back shortly. On 9th Mar 2018 I spoke to a customer service staff and she said that [name removed] from their department is looking into my case and she promise me that she will have her call me back, as after two minutes of trying she found that [name removed] is with SOMEONE else on the phone.
I really hope that SOMEONE do exist in Solar gain.
For solar gain, I live in Aveley - just in case you may thing it is a bogus review, I am sure with my name and suburb you can track the whole case. As this is how each time, you customer service staff is been identifying me.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solargain Official

Hi Arjun, thank you for your feedback. I believe our Service manager was in contact with you yesterday and is currently working to remedy your situation.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

System works great installers could improve

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2018

We are pleased with the system. The plumbers were great however they did not advise me they had remove a sheet from my roof.
The plumbers also removed a couple of roof sheets without advising, were not very professional and left my house without showing or explaining about the switch in the meter box or advising this had been switched to the on position. I had to run down the street and managed to catch 2 guys who were chatting. Hope my roof doesn’t leak come winter.

Fast efficient professional installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2018

Installation was completed within 24 hours of calling. Very quick and professional, left the place spotless. Have ow used Solar Gain on three occasions and have had exceptional service every time.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2018

Professional and knowledgable team, detail induction by supervisor, booked with a short notice however they confirmed the job, office & admin team very friendly. Would recommend to anyone.

• 32 helpful votes

Prefessional, friendly.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

Good service. Installers were quite willing to consult and advise on installation options. Professional and competent. End result is excellent.

Joondalup

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great sales not so good on warranty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

I installed a solar system with solargain 7 years ago, the panels had a 25 year warranty and the inverter 10. The installation all went well and I have had 7 years of trouble free solar power. Recently the inverter faulted and I contacted solargain to seed about replacing the inverter, they replied first asking for proof the inverter had a 10 year warranty which I did but since then they have not responded to my emails or phone calls. I will not be using them again. When I posted on here I received a response from Solargain but once again nothing afterwards. The customer service from this company is awful, do not expect a response from them if you have issues with your system after installation.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

No Fuss Installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

The solar hot water install was booked about a month out for a time that suited me best, the install was re confirmed the week prior & the installers arrived on time.
The job was done promptly & left with no rubbish behind

Perth

Great service and setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Have had our Solargain system up and running for a year now and very happy with it. Customer service from Solargain was excellent, install team did a great job, and to date the system has been set and forget. Has made some serious dents in our power bills and overall would definitely recommend Solargain.

• 3 helpful votes

5 months later, no meter-box upgrade, higher bills, 3 holes in roof

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

It has taken over 5 months, after having the solar panels installed and the bills are far far higher because they failed to send the job to Origin to have our meter-box upgraded, but switched on the inverter before leaving and told us to keep it running anyway until the meter-box is upgraded, which it never was.

By doing this, our meter-box which is not equipped for solar has ran up our bills by hundreds of dollars instead of reducing them. I even had Origin confirm that this is what happened because we didn't have a spinning disk meter, it wasn't able to run back the bill, only add to it.

During this time, I have received appalling service from the team and manager of this company and would not recommend them to anyone. It's honestly the worst incident with a company I've ever experienced, as what they did was illegal and yet they would not admit to anything and the Manager ([name removed]) was extremely rude and was trying to place the blame back on us. It wasn't until I proved that this has happened to several other customers in the past that they then offered financial compensation, but not enough to cover all of the damages. They also have created 3 leaks in our roof, which was not previously there and we are going to have to pay for someone else to come fix them.

Please refer to reviews from Steven Moon and Meera Khan (on trustpilot) who appear to have experienced the exact same screw up from this company. There is another local man a street down from me who also suffered from the same screw up from Solargain and had higher bills also.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Excellent to date, 1 hiccup not resolved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Contacted Solargain 4 years ago on based on reviews, I got quotes off 4 companies back then and i picked Solargain. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive. At the time wasnt sold that solar was value for money. Return on investment was still a bit to long. Contacted them again in Dec 2017, got a call back straigth away. I am very technically minded and was really haply with the knowledge of the sales person i dealt with, next day had the quote. Placed the order and everything has been great to date. The Installers were great and the team organising the install communicated well. Only issue is the inverter hasnt been added to my Fronius account yet. Will update the review if anything changes.

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

New solar system

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Very happy with install, but. I am unable to use the Solarweb app to monitor the output, which is something I was really looking forward too. Have asked them to help, but they want to charge me $198.00 call out fee. I finally set up my wifi myself, no thanks to Solargain and everything is working fine. I have had 2 x electricity bills which are basically zero $$$, very happy. Bill this time last year was $233.00, this year zero. System has 20 x 290w Jinko Mono panels in 2 strings facing East & West in Perth. 5Kw Fronius Inverter.

1 of 14 pages