Great books, great condition, great reading.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Thank you for the great books, really enjoying. Will order again and again. Love biographies and true stories.medical of doctors and nurses lives.

Beautiful book

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

The book is in very good condition and the vintage posters I illustrated are wonderful. I am really enjoying looking at it.

Comments
World of Books Official

Books as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

My purchases were delivered within the time frame and in very good condition. I would purchase from you again!

Comments
World of Books Official

Prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

All the books were reasonably priced and arrived in excellent condition. I will use World of books in the future

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for your review. Happy Reading!

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Great service, speedy, fair price, great condition, wouldn't hesitate to shop again for more great books at great prices, thank you

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Many thanks for sharing your review with us, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Newcastle

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Great shop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I have ordered a fair few books from you and they are all excellent. Postage is quick and book prices are great. Always a pleasure to deal with. Thank you

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

World of Books

Good value for the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

The books come exactly as described, the quality was expected as for the price paid. No complaints. Will certainly be a return shopper

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fantastic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Prompt delivery and perfect condition. Arrived by the due date. I have ordered more books from them and looking forward to buying more.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Many thanks for sharing your review with us.

• 2 comments
  • 59 answers
  • 136 helpful votes

Thrilled

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

so pleased with every aspect of your company's purchase, pricing and delivery processes - will certainly purchase from this store again

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Many thanks for your review.

World of Books

Very happy with my purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Book arrived in as advertised as new condition.
Looks new. Postage was in the time that was promised
Very happy with the service.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Book received was disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Still waiting for the reply after numerous emails no contact number for these people. Ok the book i took it out package oh dear lord it looked like sticky vomit on cover back and front went to open book all pages were stuck together with what i can only imagine to be the substance all over cover, how they could have taken money for this book. I'm going to pay pal.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Elaine, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear of the condition of your item, this most certainly shouldn't have been sent out to you this way. Please can you provide us with your ... read more »

I just want to return the books for a full refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

How many emails should it take to get the information for how to return the books for a full refund? I am currently up to 3 email plus the original claim requesting return of the books. The condition of the books received were not "very good" as stated at purchase. Two of them were ex library books, one had pages ripped out and several others had damaged spines, covers or pages.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of the condition of the items. Please can you provide us with your order number and we can get this looked into further for you. Many thanks, World of Books

Verified Customer

Haven't received my book set yet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I ordered a book set in June and its September now and I am still waiting for the delivery. They don't have any phone number, so i emailed them twice but they didn't response. This is the worst online purchasing i have done so far.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hi Kui,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, please can you provide us with your order number and we can look into this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Verified Customer

Good, but delivery, communication and customer service can be much better.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

The condition of the books is as described and delivery time was not that bad. But still I had an issue with delivery. I ordered 3 books as part of the same order. I got the standard "Your order is on its way" email mentioning all the books I ordered had been dispatched. But only 1 book showed up. I was really concerned so I wrote an email about the other 2 books. I got an automated reply right away with a case number. But no human contact for 2 days. I emailed again, got the same automated reply with the case number. I decided I will try to contact them another way. So I sent them a message on Facebook. The same evening when I reached home I found the other 2 books. I had no idea I would be getting my books separately when they are part of the same package and same order. Later that night I got reply on Facebook. They told me they have multiple warehouses and each book as a parcel can come on a different day. It is described in their FAQs. But I think they should mention this info in their "Your order is on its way" email. Overall I am satisfied. But I will suggest improving customer service.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello, thank you for leaving your feedback we will pass this onto the relevant departments so we can further improve our service.

Terrible service; no communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

My books haven't arrived after a month and the company will not get back to me after 8 emails to date. If I could put zero stars I would. Another colleague bought a book in "good condition" that was in very bad condition. Do not buy books here.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Pip,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear this. please can you provide us with your order number and we can look into this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books

Failed to provide goods, then refused refund (which is illegal)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2018

I hadn't received my book after many months, so I emailed them. Their 'customer service' representative informed me their policy is that: i) it is the customer's responsibility to contact them if there are problems, and ii) they refuse all refunds after 90 days. I explained repeatedly that refusing to provide any remedy after failing to provide goods is a breach of Australian consumer law (refer ACCC warranties and refunds policy), but they have continued to refuse any refund or remedy.

Steer clear.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Scott,

Do you enjoy the feel, the smell and the quality of a real book?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

World of Books is by far the best place to buy a book. The prices are great and the delivery is free. I cannot thank the owners enough. Take my advice peeps. Buy that book from World of Books. You will be delighted.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Kevin,

Misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

The "very good" quality is awful. Smudges and sticky goo on the cover, wrinkles everywhere, warped spine, ripped and folded pages, cover separating.

Would not recommend.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Karan,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of this. Please can you provide us with an order number so we can look into this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books

Send you damaged books classed as "Very Good" condition - Hah - what a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

I was expecting the books I ordered to come in a reasonable condition and it certainly didn't mention that stickers would be on the books etc, and when I queried the 'condition' of the book I received and when I provided examples they just fobbed me off and said that the condition matched the standard they said it would arrive in.
Very poor posting quality, they just put the books in a plastic bag and they can actually get damaged even more when being sent. If you don't care about your purchase use them; if you do care stay away from this terrible company.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We are a used book sellers and although we try our best to remove stickers from front covers, there are some that ... read more »

Affordable and better alternative for the environment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I have been very happy each time when I received the books I have ordered. Yes it's secondhand but all the books were in great condition (when buying it tells you a brief category of the condition it is in). I like the fact its affordable and it's reducing waste with providing a secondhand option. There was only one time I didn't receive an item but as soon I emailed them they apologised and promptly re-sent the order and I received it. I think if you are environmentally conscious and looking to save money I definitely recommend purchasing from world of books.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Sophie,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

1 of 10 pages

Where is my book?? It is 6 days now, this is the worst company, cheating, everyone need to avoid!sent email, no any reply! order number is 6b11a89f-15aa-4ee1-b7de-e6d5d702af1d.

Aaron asked on Sep 06, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review, your item was posted on the 1st September and can take up to 10 working days to arrive. This should have arrived with you on the 14th September at the latest. Please let us know if this hasn't arrived and we can look into this further.

Many thanks, World of Books

Hi, I only recived one book from the 3 books I ordered. I emailed but I got no response. Can you help? Order Number: 2b7f017b-f119-4316-85d0-8cea6700eeb0 Case Number (from auto email): 3904200

Zain asked on Sep 03, 2018

Hello Zain,

Thank you for your question. We can see your items where processed from three different warehouses, so these would have been packed in separate packages. We are pleased you have now received these as per your review.

Many thanks, World of Books

Hello my name is ujjal and ive been trying to contact your company via email however they havent responded nor taken any action.My request is very urgent as i have ordered an abudance of books due to an error which i want to cancel.Could you please cancel my orders as they are too much?

Theone718 asked on Aug 05, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your message, please can you provide us with your order number so we can look into your order further.

See all 6 questions about World of Books