Melbourne

Happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

Easily placed an order for a book online at World of Books. Excited to find an online second hand bookshop. Good price, free delivery. Book arrived in the expected timeframe and is in good shape.

Verified Customer

Great customer service and products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I bought four books at the end of May and they arrived in two different parcels within 10 working days. Had concerns in the beginning as no tracking number was provided. It turned out that they have changed to no tracking post service. I am very happy with the customer service provided by Alan Cooper and the condition of the books. Great experience! Will recommend them to others and will buy from them again.

Comments
World of Books Official

I'm happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

All of my books arrived and in good condition. It took just over 1 month, longer than expected so was a bit concerned at first, but the staff very accessible and helpful. I would recommend WOB as long as you are not in a hurry to receive your order. I will buy from these guys again.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello, Thank you for your review. World of Books

Equal pros to cons (would repeat buy but not first choice).

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Pros:
The condition of the books I purchased were termed 'very good'. This assessment held up and then some. The books were 'like new' despite being children's' flap-books (hard cover).
Delivery took less time than the quoted maximum of 10 business days (to greater Melbourne) with 2/3 books arriving within 6 business days.
The company boasts a large range of stock.

Cons:
There was no follow-up email to notify me when my books left the warehouse as promised in the confirmation email (and indeed, no further contact was made, leaving me uncertain as to the success of my order and the legitimacy of the company).
The Australian site and street address on the website seem purposefully misleading. I did not know the books would be coming from overseas.
There was no tracking number even though the confirmation email implied that I'd be able to track my order.

Neutral:
The 3 books I ordered were shipped and arrived in 2 separate lots (the company does warn this could happen and the practice is not entirely uncommon when in comes to online book buying)
Many of the products are not significantly cheaper than buying them new - you may get a good price, you may not.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We will pass your feedback onto our relevant departments.

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 14 helpful votes

Avoid UK World of Books Advertising through Abebooks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

Regrettably I purchased a book from World of Books (WOB-UK) via Abebooks. Confirmation of sending came from Abebooks nothing additional from World of Books. The book was supposedly sent to New Zealand... it did not arrive within the expected time (they rarely do due to customs delays!) . I contacted Abebooks who in turn contacted WOB-UK. I did not ask for a refund as I have been experienced delays before but never a book that simply did 'not arrive'
My first correspondence from WOB-UK was; "It is our company policy and the marketplace that we operate a 61 day cut-off period regarding any orders. It is a customer’s responsibility to contact us regarding any issues with an order within that time frame as your order has now been archived by our systems and the marketplace." I should point out that Abebooks did not make known this '61-day' cutoff rule and WOB-UK did not contact me independently until after I asked 'where's the book?'
No effort to provide a possible reason for the delay, further details of the shipping - just a 'Hello' to a non-person and a ramble about 'our company policy'.
I have used WOB on two occasions and they managed to mess up both orders - in the case of the Australian operation they were helpful and rectified the problem.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear of your disappointment, please can you provide us with your order number and we can look into the responses further for you.

Very good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

After realising that the order i received in the mail was not the complete order i quickly contacted the World of Books Customer Service team.

I'd like to send my thanks to a Mr Alan Cooper for handling my problem. He made sure to respond to my emails in a timely manner and also ensured that i was notified regarding the status of my correct order.

Although i received the wrong order at first, the efficient customer service experience that i got from Mr Cooper was effective and efficient. Thank you to Mr Cooper for his help and keep up the good work.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass your comments onto our customer service team.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Still have not received my book after 12 days and No reply yet

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

No reply yet from email communication, No phone number to contact.

Still waiting for my refund for book not sent.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this We do respond to emails within 48 hours. Our email address is au@worldofbooks.com. We do not have a phone number to contact on, but we... read more »

Your order number is c7d1cd30-e8d5-45d5-94bc-c222cfac1813.

Horrendous customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Do not purchase from this company. I've never experienced such terrible customer service in my life. After purchasing it states that you will be emailed once your item has shipped but this never happened. After 9 days with no contact I tried to contact the company only to find that they do not have a phone number and their mailbox is full. When my item arrived it was not what I had ordered. I addressed my concerns to the company and received a response saying thank you for your email we are glad that your order arrived. This company is a joke, save yourself the frustration and purchase from a company that has at least some concept of the idea of customer service.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment, sadly our inbox was found to be full and was rectified within a couple of hours of the fault bei... read more »

I feel ripped off !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

After ordering and receiving no confirmation email for posting, a small book arrived which when advertised on your site was a picture and description containing a set a book and 78 tarot cards being the The ancient Egyptian tarot, so l paid a lot of money for something worth a quarter of the price. I should have looked at your customer service rating, at least l can warn people who are looking at buying decks from you that your merchandise is not accurate in picture or description.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment, please can you provide us with your order number and we can look into this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

First time ordering through this business. Found a complete box set of novels for an extremely good price. The books are meant to be second hand but are in excellent condition! Received order within a week. Thank you.

Comments
World of Books Official

Private message

World Of Books is AWESOME!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I received my last book today. I am very happy with the professionalism and very fast service from World Of Books. The books were in very good condition as I ordered. I will MOST DEFINITELY be ordering from World Of Books again. Thank you, World Of Books

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Maria,

Thank you for your review, enjoy your books!

Received my book today!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Second hand book in very good condition. Was a little concerned re the few returned emails initially. Book received within the the 10 working day period. Will buy from World of Books again!

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

So happy with my purchase. My order came in just over a week- less time than advertised. Books are in great condition. Will definitely use again- cheaper and less wasteful than buying new.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hi Jess,

Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

I ordered three books from here that I was unable to find anywhere else for a good price. They came in the condition described and within a reasonable time frame. I know that worldofbooks has been getting a lot of bad reviews, but my experience was extremely positive. Would recommend/shop from again.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Bon,

Book not received after more than 10 days of shipment

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

I did not receive the book that I purchased from World of books. Sent them an email and their email inbox is full and so my email bounced back. Looks like they are dodgy or unorganized or both.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hi Saji, Please provide us with your order number and we can look into your order further. Review sites should not really be used for customer service issues and you can also contact us through F... read more »

Thanks. I finally received the book that I ordered. Even though it took a while, I did get it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

This company sent two heavy, hardcover books through the mail with no protection of bubble wrap or being boxed. The corners were damaged but they offered no refund and were not interested in assisting me.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear this, please email au@worldofbooks.com with your order number and pictures of the damage and we can look into this further for you.

Melbourne

• 2 comments

Have I been had?

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

Over 10 days ago I placed an order and paid.
I was sent an order and shipment number, but no book arrived.
The phone number I managed to find is incorrect.
My email is unanswered.
I have never been caught online before. Is this the first?

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello Judy, We appreciate your review and can assure you we are a genuine company. We respond to emails within 48 hours. You can also reach us on Facebook. Please provide us with your order num... read more »

I only wrote this after providing you with all the order and despatch numbers and receiving no joy. Your firm is uncontactable in Australia and i have just read that you are overseas. I would not h... read more »

I finally received the book, in excellent condition and really good value for money!

perth

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Great service and delivery.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

First time i have bought a book on line and I found the book I was after. Got the book a week later in perfect condition to me it looked new. I dont really care on the quality i.e marks stains,etc.All I want to do is read the book that I want, and is at good price and not having to search all over Perth to find that particular second hand book.
So now I have ordered the sequels. The only thing i dont understand on the website is why the book changes prices form $9.99 to $99.99 further down the list. It seems to happen in most books recently I have researched. Would love an answer.

Comments
World of Books Official

order

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

i would like to know when my book is arriving,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
thanks
my order number 121000075598
placed on 20 april 2018

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello, Thank you for your review, please refrain from using review sites as a customer service tool. You can contact us on Facebook and via email. Your item was posted on 2018-04-20 19:19:07 so ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

on second thoughts

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

I received the book that I had ordered. I was initially put off because there was no link to tracking as the site said they would provide. However I got a response from the company that explained why there was not a link and a few days later the book arrived. Upshot is that I will use the site again.

Comments
World of Books Official

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

1 of 8 pages

Hi I'mSandro Briglia and I ordered a book on Sunday 10 June but up to now I don't received anything yet .So this is my e-mail [email removed] Any update? Fell free to ask me evreything, my regard.

Sandro asked on Jun 19, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your message, please can you provide us with your order number as your email address has been censored out for data protection reasons by Product Reviews.

Where is my book? Invoice ID: 121000080742

Amy asked on May 15, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your question. We can confirm that your item was posted out to you on the 2018-05-07 20:24:03 so this will arrive within 10 working days, so the 21st May at the latest.

Many thanks, World of Books

Has anyone been able to get in contact with the company ... just concerned at the facebook page lack of attention and both emails i have been given are coming back as "MAIL-DAEMON" "failure to notice"

Tamarra.T asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

Tamarra, go to World of Books UK, although I doubt the UK is necessary and see what response you get from that company which appears to be the parent or associate of World of Books Australia. I'm sorry that I can't give you a person's name, but it might help, just don't hang up by the thumbs waiting.

Robyn A

thank you Robyn i decided not to buy through them but went through another site .... the risk was way too high. saying that the ebay store is the uk one and apparently they are great .. the AU one is clearly shut down and instead of still accepting money they should probably close the site as i read a horror storry about a teacher buying books for her class and not having anything and it being mths later :S

Good morning Tamarra. I think you've made the right decision. I was unaware that WoB UK had an eBay store, but I am not surprised. I have always ordered from them through ABE and wondered why the books came so quickly. It does seem as though there should be a complaint to the ACCC about the Australian one, although when I hadn't heard from WoB Aust, I ordered again from WoB UK, with a request for cancellation from the Australian depot, only to receive an email saying that the Oz order was on its way, and in the end I received two books.

What a dreadful thing to happen to the teacher...do hope she received some satisfaction in the end.