Date Purchased: May 2018

Best thing ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Amazing product. I have not touched my regular vacuum cleaner since I started using this robot. Product quality is fantastic and definitely very good value for money. Cleans perfectly. Only issue is its ability to vacuum rugs with black patterns (gets confused and considers rug as a cliff). However this was a very minor inconvenience for me.

I cannot imagine my life without this anymore. Thanks robot for making my life so easy!.

Adelaide

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Solid house (wife)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Was a bit reluctant to buy another robot vacc. My last one always got stuck under a cupboard and 'ate' ny floormats. So continued manual cleaning until that stopped working and spare parts mio longer available for that model.
Rather than buying a corded vacc ( they are fast becoming extinct) and wary of battery life on a cordless unit, I turned to this brand. A friend has one and seemed very happy with his.
It has been great! App on phone works fine and is helpful if you want to pause or sriop the cleaning. The quiet mode is very tolerable. No getting struck. Great on my timber floors-and mats, which so far have remained intact. As I have pets I only run when I'm at home, in case they leave any 'nasty' surprises!

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

This was the firstever robo vacuum i bought. It takes a lot of dust than my other normal vacuum. Its been only a week now but what a useful technology. Saves time in cleaning. makes life a lot easier and streesfree. I dont about other vacuums but certainly this has become a vital member in the family. WHY TO SPEND THE WHOLE LIFE IN CLEANING?. LET THE MACHINE DO THE JOB...

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

So convenient!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Not the most user-friendly appliance, but it's absolutely worth spending some time getting it set up and working. The vacuum works really well and gets into almost all the hard-to-reach spots, which makes Spring cleaning a hell of a lot easier. Nothing better than getting home and the vacuuming has already been done! Works pretty well with the Mi Home app too. I definitely recommend it!

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Unreal better than the rest

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Was skeptical buying a cheaper robot vacuum but after reading a few reviews decided to bite the bullet. Wow is all i can say has made the wife very happy it exceeds expectations, we have a house with carpet, tiles and floor boards as well as fluffy rugs and the xiaomi mi tackles all perfectly even goes up the 40mm lip from tiles to floorboards perfectly. The connection via wifi is also unreal maps out the entire house and using your phone has a lot more features and benefits to get the real use out of it. The real difference is how much cleaner the house is after using a dyson triple the price of this the xiaomi still cleaned and picked more than 3 times the amount dorectly after using the dyson if your thinking about buying one do yourself a favour and buy it. The only negatives i see is the baslet is a little small but adequate if your using it once a day . Time will tell if it lasts the distance id be happy to get a few years out of it .

Purchased at: Kogan.com

• 8 comments
  • 11 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Rather this than a washing machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Takes the best from a number of robots and combines them into one.
Much smarter AI than my previous robot does areas once in a logical order.
Has a big bin that doesn't clog to easily.
App to update language settings.
Scans so doesn't bump into everything.
Springs on wheels could be a little stronger to lift the body a little more. It doesn't clear thick rugs as well as a neato. But is better in every other way.

Warwick

• 7 comments
  • 85 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great companion for the home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I purchased this vacuum cleaner via eBay. Specially I have 2 year old drop food,cereral everywhere. This vacuum cleaners does really good job in cleaning floor including under couch, tables beds etc. the iPhone app also great. I cleaned carpets, tiles really well. Only draw back is it clogged sometimes due to some toys, however once it is clogged it turns sleep mode rather than keep spinning.

Australia

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

life changing cleaner (according to my wife)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

This cleaner is used mainly on hardwood floor with about 100m3 in about 40 mins..i'm assuming tiles would be similar..

it does a solid job but wouldn't say exceptional, but given the price and especially how much time it has saved our family household (2 adults, 1 toddler & 1 labrador) in having to maintain the household it is a blessing.. Wish the dirt tray was a bit bigger or that the tray would not get clogged at the inlet (need to spread the dirt/dust over the entire tray rather than collect at the inlet)

We have bar stools with round aluminium base which it does have trouble with occasionally and get stuck.. but overall low pile rugs shouldn't present an issue..

the laser mapping of this machine is the bees knees and goes around household items well.. seems to navigate chair legs well also.. the app that allows you to see what the machine is doing, activate, maintain the machines brushes is also very good.. love that you can schedule the vacuum to start at certain times during the day and also not clean during certain times also..

Our machine has completed over 525 cleanups, 550 hours of cleaning.. that is 28k m3 of space...

We only do 1 serious vacuum with a more powerful machine to keep things in check.. don't forget to manually pickup items that could get it stuck especially if you have kids leaving their toys n stuff..

wife has already warned that we need to prepare for a replacement..

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Works well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Cleans well including cat hair off carpet. Quietish. Has a pretty good cleaning pattern and cleans a 2 bed apartment with one charge no problem. Only down side is you need wifi to use the app to change language from Chinese it won’t just connect to mobile broadband with a smart phone.

Purchased at: RoboGuy

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

WONDERFUL

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

This sweeper is really amazing to me. It is so cute and small, and it can work by itself without human operation. It is really great. For the hair dust can be swept very clean. When it runs it will automatically avoid objects, and this smart design is great. I use it every day because it keeps my home clean.

Subiaco

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Best Robot Vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I’ve had several other versions of the Robot Vacuum systems and this is by far the best I’ve ever had. Brilliant navigation easy to use and a nice looking machine. This one cleans for a much longer period of time and cleans really well. Always finds the home station without any problems. It’s a bit noisy but I cannot complain just put it to work when I leave the house. Fantastic machine.

Adelaide, South Australia

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Surprised how well this performs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Very shocked how well this cleans our house. We vacuum first then get this mini robo vac to hit spots we may have missed and found in the dust dirt tray loads of dirt and dust so it dose a really good job. Charge time is long but lasts a very good time

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

It’s not so noisy, easy to use. You can control and monitor it on mobile App. It can adjust the power and you can trace how it goes in your home. Works well on both tiles and carpet, I found the performance to be great on both surfaces and great coverage with the vac not missing many areas. The dust pan is easy to remove and insert. Highly recommend

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

We Love this Vacuum Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

We bought our Xiaomi Roborock S50 about 3 weeks ago, and have since used it on a daily schedule to vacuum our house, which has tiled, carpet and timber floors.

We are still amazed or distressed (not sure which) at how much dust it collects on a daily basis. It breezes through picking up my daughters hair, the odd leaf or dirt bought in on shoes, an even the odd piece of Lego.

I've got some automation running through our Home Assistant instance, and will eventually have it configured to clean certain rooms on certain days of the week.

Cannot recommend this appliance highly enough - If I could rate it 10 stars I would!

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Best thing I've bought in ages

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

My Xiaomi Mi Robot vacuum is one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's very cheap compared to other robot vacuums and does a very thorough job of cleaning. It does a great job of mapping the room and logically cleans without missing any large spots. It does have trouble getting into corners though, so you will have to clean these manually yourself every now and then. I use my vacuum on a laminate floating floor and it does a perfect job.

Purchased at: Geekbuying.com

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Works like a dream and saves me so much time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I use this vacuum on carpet as well as tiles. We have two cats and this helps us pick up most of the hair. Its understandable that not all the cat hair can be vacuumed up but it does get 95% of it. It doesn't however go onto the rug we have which is totally fine (its thick and fluffy). It has saved us so much time as we turn it on before we head to work and we come home to a freshly vacuumed place AND it goes back to its charging station on its own!! Extremely affordable, you do not need to spend $1000 on a robot vacuum.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Best purchase for the home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Have had this unit for 6 months and love it. Large open floor tiled house with a few rugs and it keeps the two dog's shedding at bay. Have set it to clean each day and come home to a clean house.

It removes almost all of the hair from the rugs and I've only had to manually clean them a couple of times since buying. Huge difference to having to vacuum almost daily before.

Slight issue with the catcher being on the smaller side but easily fixed with setting it on a daily cycle.

Unit is slim enough to fit under low coffee tables and couches, so no more having to drag each ot to get under them

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Perth

• 7 comments

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great quality product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

We have had this over a year now! We have a tile floor and 2 dogs, this keeps the place clean! Start it up using your phone and it just gets on with it logically. It scans the room so it is not a random cleaner like some that bump into everything. I highly recommend this to people looking for their first venture into robot vacs. It could well be there only buy, Why pay over a $1000?

Riverland, SA

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

We called ours "CLiF"

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

CLif as in Clever Little Firetruck. (If you get my meaning)

Watching it work is better than TV, if, and I mean if, you're the kind that likes to know how things work. Awesome at cleaning, does get stuck hopping up and down off mats and floors but it's rare. Tricky to get working through Android but some perseverance and research got it sorted.

We like this little guy so much, we recently looked at a new house and immediately remarked how easy the floors would be for CLiF to clean... :)

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

now totally hooked on to it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

being so busy and tired to even pick up a heavy vaccum cleaner and go around every room..this vaccum cleaner has proven to be my best 'maid' so far..!..its sleek enough to go under sofa's and slide under tables,easy to operate ,the manual is pretty straightforward to read and get started up right away

1 of 10 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum without using the smartphone app?

You do not require a smartphone to use the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum, although you will not have access to scheduling & monitoring features. You can operate the vacuum using the buttons on the vacuum unit to start and stop the vacuum.

Latest Consumer Questions

Can I add cleaning liquid to mop the tiled floor? Does it work on black carpets?

Shari C. asked on Nov 29, 2018

Answer this

I am sorry Shari , I bought the previous version which doesnt have mopping option. better you ask someone who bought the letest mi robo 2
( i think).

Hi, my vaccum started to fail at cleaning lately. Sometimes (randomely) he cannot go up on the carpet, usually stuck and stop cleaning. What can i do about it?

Nir I asked on Nov 26, 2018

Why does my mi robot vacuum suddenly sound like its vibrating very loud? ive cleaned/replaced filter cleaned dusted brushes...but soubds like something is very loise cant see what!

Brenda asked on Nov 21, 2018

Answer this

More than likely some thing is caught in in the brushes or squeegee. Remove the brush fully to clear. Do this by squeezing two tabs together and removing the cover.

As i said...i did all of this...removed the brush totally...cleaned out any hair that was stuck on brushes and around the sides...cleaned it out replaced it... checked wheels they good. .but still sounds like something is loose... my husband has even checked it. .repeated everything i did.... nothing...still makes that vibrating noise

See all 41 questions about Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum