1001 Optical

1001 Optical

See the Best Optical Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent service of Grace blacktown 1001 optical

I well recommend Grace of blacktown 1001 optical very polite kind giving professional excellent service. She also help you choosing right frame eye glasses that fits perfect to your face. Overall satisfaction 100% happy

Excellent service

My favourite person is Madeline very polite and provide you with excellent service. She always assist you even if you are only browsing and able to provide you what are pros and cons of the eyeglass selection.

Waste of time

First time i ever order predscription glasses online took over an hour to carefully choose frames lenses and relieved to had finally placed order then recieve email cant order multifocals omg why tell me after not happy no refund as yet grrr

Cynthia and Bella

It was easy to navigate the store.
I didn't purchase any product.
Staff was very welcoming even if I didn't buy any product. I only asked to put a screw on my eyeglasses at no cost at all. They were very helpful.

thanks for excellent service

Eastgardens Westfield1001 Optical Eastgardens 2036
I am 70 years old, have been they customer around 20 years.Product is so good and well presented. Service extra understanding. Very professional (Euijin Coleen) have problem with frame on my Prada glasses it was replaced and return to me in record time.Optometrists is so friendly and helpful (10/10 to Asians) As Australian I am so happy with they kindness.
My kids and Grand kids have contributed with cost of my bio focal lenses with good frame which was thanks God, under warranty,Frame was replaced and returned to me in record time.Keep up good work we need people like you running the business with professional attitude for older Australian.
By Anna on 24 May 2019

Unusable Product

Recently lost my progressive glasses and needed new ones. Went to the store for a prescription and examination. Everything was measured up and then was told to wait 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, went back and tried on the glasses. The glasses were so bad I thought it was a joke and took them back. Was told that the pupil measurements were wrong and that one of the lenses would have to be remade. Another two weeks. Glasses arrived and tried them on. Not much improvement. Was told it would take time to get use to them. (had no problem with previous glasses. After a week of frustrating use ( i couldn't even find focus on my phone or watch TV without the edge being out of focus.) I got rid of them. Had a friend order a pair from overseas where I got my last pair from my old prescription and had them a week later. Perfect vision. 1001 Optical are hopeless, non professional. The optometrist stumble over her words as she tried to make excuses as to why my glasses don't seem to work. A total waste of $550. If you respect your eyes, don't go there.

Loved the glass quality and staff expertise

The staff were very qualified , they used Hoya lens which are the best , the products and styles were great and the eye testing equipment the best . Unfortunately a lot of the stores have closed.

Only Asians are employed in this shop

I don’t have anything against Asians at all but I find it unusual that a shop only employs people of a certain race. Imagine if it was a shop that only employed Australians. They’d be accused of racists.

helpful store with good range

The Hornsby store has provided good service to me for a 3 or 4 years now. The optometrists have been professional and they seem to have modern systems. The store staff have been helpful in finding frames. I buy a single name brand frame rather than the 2 for $200 deal, working on the basis that quality is better than quantity. The ongoing sales are a bit suspicious and I don't understand why frames are so expensive, but 1001 is at least cheaper than the larger optometrists.

I did get the glasses back once with the prescription too short and they fixed it up with minimal trouble.

Selling scratched glasses and charge for minor repairs

Sold me 2 pairs of scratched sunglasses and no refund of course. Also wanted to charge $4 for a minor repair that any other store would do free of charge regardless of where I purchased the glasses. The staff are not friendly unless you are spending a lot of money. Once you have made your purchase they couldn't care less if you are happy with your purchase or if there are any problems with your glasses. I do not recommend this store (Chatswood Chase)

2nd time buying glasses from Parramatta store ...excellent customer service friendly staff helped choose glasses ( I am very fussy) made & ready for pick up with in 30mins ....very happy!

Biggest rip off

“30% off” in reality means they mark so far up, that their “sale” price far exceeds the RRP if you buy online. Never again, what a rip off. The frames I bought were priced at in excess of $500 at their store in Bondi Junction - you can buy online for under $300. Don’t be like me ... do your research people!

Horrendous!

Why did I ever go there.. at the Chatswood Westfield store, the optician was a very obnoxious, immature and disrespectful. Rude to the core and extremely unprofessional. Definitely need to go back to school to learn manners and etiquette in conducting oneself in a professional environment especially in a field where a person has to deal with people who come for a particular service. Only hope he got the prescription right and would get my lenses correct. May be owner needs to think twice before hiring such unsuitable people. Suggest that they replace this person before loosing loads of business. Over the years have gone to several eye care places and the opticians were so very respectful during the eye test. Sales staff cold as ice, never smiles. As if it would cost a pair of expensive glasses to smile. Pretty pathetic. Once I get my glasses would never go there again.

SO so experience

I used the online ordering format and for simple reading glasses for my daughter I understood that they would arrive to me within four to five working days. After a week I emailed as had heard nothing ( not even an order confirmation email). I contacted the customer queries and they got back to me quite quickly asking for a pupil distance measurement. My question ofcourse being why did they wait for me to contact them to ask for it? Anyway when I expressed that I needed the glasses quite urgently as my daughter was experiencing headaches they were quick to offer free express postage. The person I dealt with via email was very polite and quick to respond. However I did not receive an email letting me know when they had been dispatched. After all of that it was almost 2 weeks between ordering and receiving the glasses. The frames are quite flimsy and they weigh nothing so I guess we wait and see if they last the distance. Not sure that I will purchase here again which is a shame as 3 of us in the house need glasses two of which are always very expensive complicated prescriptions.

Extremely poor customer experience from the Hornsby Store

First time getting glasses through 1001 after changing insurance providers and got the 2 pairs for $199 same as what I had previous got through Spec savers. Not even 3 months later 1 pair of the lens fell out and the 2nd pair the rubber pad came off. I went into the Hornsby mall store ground floor where the store manager told me they would need to send off so left the glasses there. Three weeks later when I went into pick them up and was questioned by the store manager Joon Kim whether I had actually given them my old glasses. After having to explain several times he told me he would have to send them back off to get the prescription lenses . Instead of apologizing which would have been appreciated he argued and insinuated that I was lying and then had the cheek to say "no need to get angry". This is coming from the Store Manager who was extremely patronizing, one of the worst customer experiences I have encountered. Needless to say I will only be returning to get my glasses and putting in a formal compliant.

DO NOT GO TO CHERMSIDE STORE! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!

Went into the store at Chermside for an eye test, told him my eye’s are sensitive to light especially at night when driving to which he replied ‘Oh, everyone gets that!’ REALLY? It’s actually called Astigmatism meaning your eyes don’t process light correctly & therefore need to be corrected with Anti-reflective lenses. He made up prices as he went along going from no gap with my Private Health Cover to $400 plus the $225 my Insurer provides, so that’s $625 for 2 cheap pair of frames with normal lenses...that’s right, no Anti-reflective Lenses.
This guy should NOT be practicing Optometery & needs a good lesson in business practices as he’s just out to blatantly rip people off & misdiagnose their eye problems.
WORST EXPERIENCE I’VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE so I advise everyone to steer clear & go to an Optometrist who actually cares about their patients needs & has a reputable name in the industry.

Chatswood Chase store, more concern about getting the sales than providing good customer service

I purchase a pair of prescription sunglasses before Xmas and I was trying to use my medibank insurance to claim and reduce the outright cost, but they advise that they couldn't put do it and I have to pay upfront first and go to Medibank to claim myself.
Subsequently I went to Medibank to put my claim through, the customer service saw the receipt and stated that they have already manually proceeded over 10 claims that day from 1001 optical, it seems 1001 optical does not want to proceed the insurance claim for their customer on the spot, rather they require customer to directly claim from their insurance company. What a hassle.
i have purchases over 10 + pair of glasses and all the companies are happy to process the claim on the spot, while 1001 optical doesn't.

1001 Optical at Parramatta westfield

Madeline provided the best customer service. I've been her client for more than 5 years. This is the reason I sticked with this shop. I has no hesitate to recommend anyone who want the best customer service...ask for Madeline, (the asian/philipino lady).

Regards,
David

Pushy ans rude salespeople ,

I went to this store to buy sunglasses recently. The glasses I liked felt very uncomfortable and loose. Despite this, the saleswoman was very pushy, persuasive and pressurised me to buy the glasses. When i came to return them the next day, she treated me very rudely and refused to retun as to it is their company policy, which i was not made aware of while buying the glasses.

Horrible Experience.

Parramatta store

Would have rated 0 but there was no option. This store has no idea what customer service is. Waited 2 weeks for my glasses after it was promised it would be 5 days. After following up I had gone into the store to pick up the glasses and to my surprise were the wrong ones. I was then told it would be 4 weeks until my glasses were to come in. I understand mistakes can be made, so I did wait. I waited and I waited and I waited. 6 weeks, after being told 4, then when they did get in touch with me, they let me know the glasses were not available anymore and that I could get my healthcare gap by filling out a form and waiting 10 days for that to be reversed. Almost a 2 month ordeal and not even an apology or assistance for new pair. Shocking experience, would not recommend this business to anyone.