Dresden  Vision

See the Best Optical Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

onstrevusydney

disappointing

the one positive - I was able to walk in and have the eye test which seemed standard.
despite the advertising -
colour selection not so good
colours I selected not in my size, arms not in the colour. No glasses case - extra $$.
email about when I could pick up, went unanswered
reading glass lenses not in stock so 10 day wait
same for bifocals but that's understandable. Bi - focals, same price as elsewhere.
can't pop out lenses to change up frames for reading glasses - not told until they were paid for and received.
pop out for bi -focals have to go back to shop to change up frames
All- in- all nothing special, can get same deal and more choice everywhere.
Advertising "big sell" but misleading

Suzanne

SuzanneSydney

It's all about Customer Service.

Great idea, great service, great product

Easy to find the store and helpful staff member explained the layout and options.
The price is impossible to go past -- so cheap, and the business model is so encouraging, in that it shows that environmentally sensitive and sensible products can be stylish and affordable.

alison1030

alison1030Sydney, NSW

Perfect glasses.

Very reasonably priced glasses. Great colours to mix and match. Staff at Potts point very friendly. Can afford to buy a couple at these prices. Recycled plastic that's a great selling point.

Cavitation

CavitationSydney, NSW

Online Prescription Sunglasses from Dresden Optical

Tino

Tinoasked

Hi I like the concept of modular glasses and the availability of parts. Prices are good for only the standard lens though.

Why I can't get lenses with both anti-reflective coating, AND anti-scratch? And why are you anti scratch prices astronomical? Looking at Zenni, this is included in their price and a hell lot cheaper.

I don't mind paying a bit more for local, and am a big fan of your modular, closed loop system, but the prices of your coatings is suspiciously inflated.

onstrevu

Tino you would need to direct this question to Dresden Vision. My comment was related specifically to my persona experience.

Lori N.

Lori N.asked

How can you sell lenses for a very small portion of every optical store? Please don't say because they RIP us off. I'd really like a better answer.

Dresden Vision
Matt M.Dresden Vision

Hi Lori N,

Unfortunately, that is often the case. If you think about glasses they are really a small collection of quality pieces of plastic (nylon in our case) and maybe some metal for a hinge, or frame, etc.

They are almost always mass produced in a factory in China, and the manufacturing and sale is controlled by a small group of companies.

The lenses are also plastic.

We have own own factory in Sydney, we make use of automation, and we use injection moulding with no metal parts to make our glasses. This is not particularly different to how the big firms do it.

Have a look at this article - https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/may/10/the-invisible-power-of-big-glasses-eyewear-industry-essilor-luxottica

Or take a look at the work David Lazarus of the LA Times has been doing on the same issue - https://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-glasses-lenscrafters-luxottica-monopoly-20190305-story.html and other stories.

Regards,