Vision Direct

Vision Direct

3.8 from 2,322 reviews

Availability and time frame for delivery a big lie!

I ordered a rayban sunglasses on 17/9 saying they have it in store and soon i complete order it said that i will receive confirmations email and i will receive it the next day. When i didn't receive a confirmation email i suspected something wrong i only receive afterpay email cause i used their payments method. I called and was told it's not in stock and i takes up to 3 weeks for me to receive it and they said they did send confirmation email and they will resend it again nothing even in my spam inbox. I cancelled it on spot specially after reading all bad reviews still waiting fir cancellation to show on my afterpay statement. Also offer me a sixe 58 even that i specifically ordered size 61!!

Slow service...

5 days after ordering a frame ('in stock') and some progressive lenses, I received the following message.
"Your item has been sent to our optical lab, where our licensed opticians will fit the prescription lenses. This process takes 3 to 7 days to complete"

The processing time indicated on the website for prescription lenses is 1-2 days, so my experience so far falls well outside of this target.

No proper update

If I could give a negative star I would. I have been waiting for 2 weeks. I haven't got update unless I called them after that they asked me can I cancel your order it is not available to spend two weeks and have get any output from them

Fake Sunglasses

I will be simple and easy to understand, if you want to buy a fake Sunglass and pay almost pay for a original, so go purchase with them.

I bought two sunglasses Rayban and it was so poor quality that right at the moment when I opened the box I knew it was fake.

Good part they returned my money but I had to pay the postage back, so end up losing money, not worth at all.

Worst company to deal with!

I will never buy from this company again either. Terrible customer service and I received contact lenses that ripped prior to me even wearing them. Then they refused to replace them. Never again! Chat service was abrupt and rude! Back to Specsavers for me!

I will never buy from this company again

If I could give a negative star I would. I just received my order after asking for it to be cancelled more than 3 times. Delivery times stated on their web page 3 days from purchase I have been waiting 2 weeks as little did I know the contacts are shipped from China!!! The box arrived damaged and so did the lens packets I wont use them as they are probably knock offs and fake. The replies to my emails were robot replies, the same thing over and over. Do not buy from Vision Direct.

A joke

I just received these. Like this.
Not only was the box opened, but it was ripped open. All the way around. The contacts had came out in the package. The strip you remove off the post bag to seal it, was shoved inside the bag. That bit is just confusing, but after reading the reviews it makes sense that they did this to my contacts, so there's no way I could return them if I wanted to.
I should have come on here and read reviews before purchasing with them, now I'm worried if the contacts are even legit. But there's nothing I'll be able to do about that now.
What a joke, they are frauds.

Totally dissappointed

Bought my first glasses today. I ordered a prescription glasses with transition. It arrived ok and in perfect condition but not transition. I contact them to resolve and ask me to pay for another set of glasses so they can send me the correct glasses and return the old one for a refund. Thats all they offered. For a first time buyer, really bad experience. I doubt I will refer this website to my friends and family. I had high hopes but totally failed my expectation

They sold sunglasses they did not have in stock

I selected a pair of sunglasses that was advertised as in stock on their website and once the order was processed and paid for, I received an email saying that the item was not in stock. It took over three months for them to send me what I had paid for.
The customer service was horrible.

Thieves!!!!!

Sent a pair of brand new, unworn Ray Ban 6335 frames for reglazing at a cost of $120-00 plus postage. they emailed 6 weeks ago to say the service was approved and "in production". Nothing has been done since.
I have contacted them by phone and email only to be told they can do nothing without a tracking number.
What tracking number???? They have already admitted they have them in production.
They will not replace my frames or refund the money paid for re-glazing (having prescription lenses put in).
They send emails about this tracking number to rub salt into the wound as well.
Stay away!!!!

Fabulous

I was so scared when I read reviews about vision direct as I had ordered sunglasses. I live in Australia and paid express post. My glasses came in two days and are beautiful.
Don’t hesitate to buy from them.. I will be buying all my glasses from them from now on.
Thank you vision direct.

If I could give zero stars I WOULD!!

Absolute complete and utter crap service. Has been two weeks and countless emails to get absolutely nowhere!! Their price match guarantee is a load of crap! DO NOT USE THEM!!!

A rip off $75. For two 2 coloured contact lenses

I ordered contact lenses coloured and received 1 for each eye at a cost of $75 which is a complete rip off! And waited forever to get them too bad no more business from me

Horrific experience still haven’t got my reading glasses after 2 months!!!

purchased a pair of Miu Miu reading glasses almost 8 weeks ago!!!! not only have I been told it has been delayed week after week... I have a problem with my eyes and am struggling and waiting 2 months almost for a pair of glasses is NOT ok! Your customer service team via phone and chat are USELESS and have no idea either when they are going to arrive. This isn’t how you run a business. I didn’t pay $80 for a crappy pair I paid over $300. Wanted me to take a size 50 in stock but I bought the size 52 for good reason because they are my size so why would I swap it for something that doesn’t fit... totally non sensical to me.5 or 10 percent off to be reimbursed when the glasses arrive but who actually knows when that is!!! Nobody responds to my emails and my calls get palmed off they lie about a manager contacting me back!! Who knows what’s going on with my eyewear???I would have NEVER bought eyewear from Vision Direct if I knew this would happen.It’s really beyond deplorable and you can show the 10,000 “happy customers” reviews but it’s going to be my 1 that literally tells people a different story about vision direct! This is not how an ecommerce store should work or be run AT ALL.

September 10th 2019 Update: Vision direct is a scam do not buy from them

This is the second time I am writing on this complaining about vision direct. I have waited up to 2 months for a pair of Miu Miu reading glasses which I needed due to a serious eyestrain...They were not that cheap at about $318. I literally bought them end of July and even with calling, emails and hounding them on the whereabouts of them I got the same robotic response being "I totally understand "and "I am sorry for this inconvenience" yet doing nothing about it.They also let me know that the supplier was on holiday lmao.You dont supply eyewear with people buying and just go on holiday not sending paid for items it dont work like that!! I even complained to ACC..They would sometimes hang up on me also lie about where management are and about calling me back. I was livid!! So not only did I receive the Miu Miu eyewear last week but when I opened them the sides of the arm had scratches on them and they never stated online that the digital block lense comes out yellow!! When I complained they told me I had to pay for shipping back to them which I did and so I chose another pair the same style different colour reordered them and then they said they are discontinued yet are still available to buy on the Visiondirect website!! If u don't have something in stock then u dont have it available for sale. I honestly have worked in the fashion industry over 2 decades and I have never had such an awful customer service experience with vision direct. I am still waiting for my refund and reimbursement my advice is stay away from Vision Direct.

Don’t buy from

Vision direct has a decent range of both prescription and sunglasses but that’s as far as it goes. False advertisement of stock and delivery times are there biggest down fall. You will be told items will be shipped after a few days but you will wait 1-2 months. Until vision direct figure out a better stock control and delivery system I won’t shop with them again.

Fake and defective goods outlet

Fake and defective product outlet. I ordered ray-ban new rayfarer sunglasses for $150 which was about $100 cheaper than retail. There were defects on the frame and the logo, it looked like bad quality imitation. I contacted customer service and they assured me it wasnt fake but a defect. Lol. Still pretty pathetic of the company to sell defective product with no QA. I requested an exchange for exact same pair. 3 weeks later I get the exchanged pair...and it had scratches on the frame and logo. FFS!! They sell cheaper sunnies cos their products are effin rejects.

never ever go near this place

ordered a pair of frames. no email confirmation of the order when i rang to find out i had to confirm who i was what i ordered finally got my email. a few hours later theyve cancelled my order refunded my afterpay without notifying me. and not for the first time..never ever use this business as i doubt youl ever see your glasses. the business wants shutting down.

Vision Direct take your money and send no product

The whole experience with vision direct was awful. I ordered contact lenses 2 weeks ago. I was sent no confirmation email. Then I called to check on my order. I was told there was a delay at the warehouse so there would be another 9 working days until my contacts were shipped to my address. With no communication to me (the customer). I was offered a 5% discount for mishap... What a joke. In the end they offered me a full refund because there's no denying how much of a stuff up it had been on their end. Don't recommend this business at all.

Utterly disorganized and incompetent.

Their staff managed to stuff up my script twice despite initially insisting there was no problem.

Then they discovered they no longer carried the item even though they'd accepted my money.

The most aggravating part of this was getting the runaround from their customer service.
It could have been resolved quickly and amicably, but instead I got palmed off with boilerplate responses and told at each step it would take 24/48 hours to get back to me.

Don't waste your time with these clowns.

Incompetence of the highest order.

I was told lead time would be a week. Six weeks later I receive the wrong glasses. Another week went by with no response regarding the incorrect order and then I was asked if I was sure they were not what I ordered and if I liked them anyway. Another week went by before I received a return address for the refund and once sent another week to receive the refund without the $11 postage I had paid and sent in the receipt for the claim. The whole ordeal was over 2 months in total with over 10 calls placed to them. Halfwits.

I live in country South Australia and ordered on the 2nd July, expected delivery is in 4 or 5 days. I am making do with what I have for now so that's actually about the same as an optometrist. I just really need to know ARE THEY AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS AND WHERE CAN I SEE PROOF OF THIS?? If they aren't I am going to need a refund at some point I think. I know they are at global company based in Australia.
glasses are sent from chinaMine have been sent from Hong Kong as that is where the lenses are manufactured one of their reps said. But none of them can tell me if they are made to Australian standards.

Hello, I have purchased some monthly wear contact lenses, I am wondering why so far 3 out of the 6 pairs were not even with a prescription, and why one of the lenses was not a full circle? I could not even put it in as it was so painful and stung my eyes. I have purchased these before and not had a problem, I am so disappointed after this last box. Complete waste of money, was good to save but I ended up spending more at specsavers to buy others instead .
I was just about to hit submit on a pair of RB3025 at $224 lucky I checked the review on here, canceled the purchase. Get your act together.

How does the 100% Return Policy work when the 'product(s) MUST be returned unused' - how are you supposed to know if there's a problem with them if you're not allowed to 'use' them to try them on?
You can try the item out and see if the item suits you. You have 100 days to decide if you wish to return the item for an exchange or a full refund. Ben VisionDirect