Comprehensive, Accident-only
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for 1300 Insurance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.5
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (0)

Bea
BeaPerth, WA

So happy I chose to sign up with this insurance over 10 years ago

Signing up was easy. Claims are promptly processed and payed out as per policy agreement. I get a text message when my claim arrives and an email when it's processed. Glad I chose 1300 PetProtect Insurance. I've been with this insurance for over 10 years.

Absolute disgrace

Sheila T.
Sheila T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect choice of insurance

Setting up the policy was very simple - just follow the guidelines. I have now had 1300 pet protect insurance for my dog for about 9 years. In that period we have had a number of illnesses, some of which are ongoing, and I have found the response to claims to be prompt with regular updates. After making an online claim I usually receive a text message within 24-36 hours advising the claim number and, more often than not, payment has been in my bank account within a week. This policy was a good choice and it is still good value.

Mikki Bouchee
Mikki BoucheeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If your dog gets older than 9 they price you out so you leave....

I originally took out this insurance 11 years ago everything was included.......80% refund...excellent service..$500 annually..now they sent me a renewal for $2100 annually with many exclusions added during the years.

I have now cancelled my policy but they insist on the last months payment.....but take me to court....it is disgraceful......their service has gotten worse....and guess what they offered accident insurance....yeah great...she’s a boxer and lounges most of the day on the lounge....am putting my money in the bank for when my babe needs it.

Britta
BrittaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most vital insurance should you end up with a sick pet

We feel that this Pet Insurance has been great, easy to set up and claims are paid quickly, the Vet can lodge them online for us. We had this insurance since we adopted our 2 dogs.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Netski
NetskiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good while the dog is young

Deb
DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

I have been with 1300 insurance for a number of years & have make as many claims with no problems

Bea
BeaPerth, WA

Excellent insurance

I've been with this insurance for 7 years with 2 dogs. They have looked after us really well. I'm so happy we chose this insurance.

Jackie
Jackie

Very disappointing

After paying premiums over the past couple of years for my rescue dog (and not needing to make a claim until now), it has taken multiple phone calls to try to get my claim for an infected flee bite paid out. The last two phone calls I was guaranteed it would be paid but I'm still being cross-examined each time a try to get this issue finalised. They are happy to take my monthly payments though and then send yet another letter saying they can't pay the claim. Very frustrating. This is the first negative review I have ever written but I feel people should be aware.

Great Service over the Holidays

Our precious pet, Sugar, became very ill as Christmas approached. We had some very large Vet expenses, which put a big dint in our holiday budget. 1300 Pet Insurance were very prompt during the Holiday period ensuring my claim was paid in record time! Thank You!

Disgusted and Outraged

I have been with 1300 Pet Protect for 6 years now and the service has plummeted while the price has increased sky high! The cost has increased every year quite dramatically and what is covered changes every 5 minutes. I pay more for this then own my top private health cover!! A vet consult at home isn't covered because it's not considered a consult?? I recommend opening a bank account for your pet and putting the money aside rather than paying for this lack of service.

Been had!!!

Don't go near this company, they are crooks. We paid 1ooo dollars for comprehensive insurance and you guessed it, it didn't cover this or that. All it covered was if he broke his leg!! Yeah right comprehensive rip offs!!!!!!

Insurance claim madeNo
ROB
ROBBunbury

Disgracefull Company

Have two dogs with them one had a minor claim which they paid Put in a larger claim for poisoning and you guessed -- under the terms of our policy Rah Rah Claim is not accepted. Don.t go near them

Changes in Policy

I've had my Husky insured since 2010 and have only made 1 or 2 claims which was over two years ago.. When I first took out the policy cremation was covered which is one of the reasons I chose 1300 Insurance. Since taking out the policy it's been changed and no longer covers cremation. My Husky is now 12 and a half years old and is healthy apart from a bit of arthritis. I'm cancelling the policy as I'm paying $44.18 a fortnight and I'll be putting that money into a separate account for the time comes.

Insurance claim madeNo

AnnH
AnnHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor service, slow and cumbersome claims process. Inflated pricing

I had my Labrador insured with them for >6 years. I claimed for a minor skin infection a few years back and what a fiasco trying to get your claim paid out!
Now my dog has reached 11 years old and they have inflated the renewal premium by 35%!!! This is blatantly unethical in my opinion. They know I won't get the dog insured with another provider now she is in her senior years.
I've cancelled the policy and will put the $100+ premium per month into a jar for emergencies that may arise. She is perfectly healthy other than the usual arthritis that Labs get....