Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

4.4

Judy

JudyVictoria

Definitely couldn’t have my 2 pups if it wasn’t for my pet insurance

I have now been with this pet insurance company for 3 years and have had to use it several times for my youngest pup, in general the claims have been seen to in very good time. The policies were easy to setup and I’m reasonably happy with the cost specially when I think of not been able to enjoy my pets.

Claim DateSeptember 2020
Number of Pets2 pets
Leonie

LeonieSouthwest, VIC

Prompt processing of claim

Great value policy and great claim processing. This is the second claim I have made since the commencement of my policy for routine pet care and veterinary costs. My claim was processed in two days which was fantastic.

Claim DateAugust 2020
Zivanka

ZivankaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great pet insurance option for senior pet owners

Jayne was excellent in explaining all the details regarding the insurance cover for my 9 yeats old dog, Hachi. Very happy with her excellent service and friendly personality. Great pet insurance cover older dogs.

Mal

MalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy Wife, Happy Dog, Happy Hubby

My policy was easy to set up with the help of Angela and my questions were answered satisfactorily. I was impressed with the efficiency of the monthly payments and the contents of the policy were just what we wanted at the right price.

Michael Craecoir

Michael CraecoirCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great cover

Quite long process but clearly explained. I have just taken out the policy and have not received the policy documentation yet either by email or by letter. I look forward to receiving them.

Absolutely fantastic, prompt payment

Excellent value for money, it was very easy to set up, just one phone call and a vet dec and it was done.
Claims have been paid within 5 working days, directly to my bank
I have been with the company for 2.7 years

Claim DateAugust 2020
Greg H

Greg HWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

My pet insurance

Appears economical value. Time will tell. The policy has only just begun. No claims yet.
I felt that the small premium was worth it knowing that I would not be up for large vet bills.

Marlene

Marlene

Dog Insurance

After the Vet lodged the claim for me, i received an email to let me know it was being processed and it was settled shortly after. There are exactly 26 words

Hi Marlene,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to submit your claim via your vet and that we could efficiently finalise this for you.
Jessica

Sooy

SooyCentral Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service... painless!

Easy to understand policy, fantastic communication by representative and there no questions left unanswered, I am more than clear on my pets coverage and the terms and conditions of my policy.

Green

GreenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

service

Knowledge, polite, patient service. The female assisting me demonstrated the above characteristics consistently, no sign of impatience or pushing. She made it easy to set up and consistently maintained polite conversation.

Debra

DebraWheatbelt, WA

This was recommended to me and was a competitive cost. I have yet to use it.

I joined this company on the phone. The seller was very polite, precise and not at all pushy which is a turnoff for me. Seller knew her product and spoke well.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Excellent service. Claims were dealt with in a timely manner and any queries dealt with promptly.

The Policy was easy to set up and is of good value. My Veterinary Practice will lodge my claim and a response from Aust Pet Insurance has been received by the next day. I have had several claims.I have been with Australian Pet Insurance for 4 years.

Claire

ClaireVictoria

Good value

Policy is good value but claims take a while to come through. Also having a problem with a direct claim that the vet processed - no record on the portal. Other than that all is good

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Joanne

JoanneVictoria

First timer. Hope this insurance does help us with less stress.

I had a look at various insurances and it was complicated to choose the right one for my cats. This insurance sounds good to me. It was easy to set up and had a look at quotes.

Number of Pets-2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Annette

AnnetteSydney, NSW

I have been with Seniors for a couple of years. I have had a couple of claims which were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Seniors kept me informed and acknowledged when I sent emails and claims. It was a very good decision to have this insurance

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020

Katharyn

KatharynIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic Service

Joel was fantastic, I was very impressed with his knowledge and how easy he made the join. He wasn't pushy, he was helpful and that made all the difference. Plus the policy itself is quality, I personally reviewed the top 6 companies (and I review Health Insurance for my job), and this one topped all the rest. That along with the customer service got me in.

Janine

JanineWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Who would have thought

When I took out Pet Insurance with Seniors Ins. I did not expect a refund to be processed for at least a week.
Much to my surprise, it only took 3 working days and the refund was in my bank. This is not a "one off". I highly recommend Seniors Pet Insurance and class myself one very happy customer.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Great service, easy to apply, very professional delivery . all questions answered fully and in plain English .. the agent I spoke to was polite and friendly I would recommend the policy to all my friends.

Number of Pets3 pets
Wendy

WendyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick service

First time claiming. Rang them to check on the process - very friendly and helpful. Lodged claim through the online portal and had confirmation of benefits due within 2 days. Amount was credited to my bank account the next day. Very smooth process.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have to fight to get claim refund every time.

Every time I have made a claim it takes on average two months and many phone calls to chase up the refund. Still waiting on my latest claim that was made at the beginning of June when I have supplied all documentation.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2020

Elkeasked

What is Not covered?

Hi Elke,
Thank you for reaching out. You can find more information about our Pet Insurance on our website, https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like for one of our team members to reach out to you, please send me a private message with your policy details and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Elke

Please email me what is not covered as requested, not a web address link, as sent.

Hi Elke,
I apologise, as we do not have access to your email address via Product Review. All information on what is and is not covered is available on our website in our Policy Booklet. To view our Policy Booklet please visit our website; https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-pet-insurance-policy-booklet.pdf
It would be beneficial to speak with one of our team members directly to discuss policy coverage and exclusions in more depth specific to you and your pets. If you would like me to arrange this for you, please send me a private message with your contact details and I will organise for the relevant team to be in touch with you.

none

noneasked

Seniors Pet Insurance

how do I get a quote please

Hi there,
Thank you for reaching out. To get a quote you can visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like a for one of our team members to contact you, please send me a private message with your full name and contact number and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

none

noneasked

quote?

Hi there,

Lyn

Hi None. Initially I did an online search to see what was available with regard to what companies had pet insurance. From this I looked at what options were available with regard to type of care that was covered. eg Policy limit, routine care, emergency boarding fees, paralysis tick treatment, cruciate ligament limit, consultation fee limit, what is the age limit for cover(this is very important as many policies cease when your dog is 9 years old). I rang and got a quote from a couple of places and ended up going with Seniors Pet Insurance but you have to be 50+hrs old. I have found their service to be excellent. I don't have cat insurance so I can't comment on this. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me,

Regards,