See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

Pros

Quick, simple claims process
Easy to set up
Helpful, caring customer service

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (54)
    • 1-2 weeks (39)
    • 2-4 weeks (20)
    • 1-2 months (12)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (119) · No (12)

Prompt return of funds

I have had my pet insurance for five years and never had any problems with claims

Julie
JulieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waste of money

NO, NO and NO
It's been an absolute waste of my hard earned money!

• Incentivised Review No
  • Claim Made Yes
Customer RelationsAustralian SeniorsSend a private message

Yes easy to setup. Good value
3 - 5 days
3 - 4 years

Marni
Marni

This is a mandatory insurance for us.

Very efficient claim process and I think it is good value. We have lodged multiple claims. We have been with this insurance company for eighteen months and we are very happy

Susan
SusanSydney, NSW

Very affordable pet insurance. Peace of mind

Been with Seniors Pet Insurance for 6 years now. Great value for money. Extremely easy to lodge a claim. Great communication from them regarding the claim. Turnaround is about 5 days.

Judy
JudyVictoria

Couldn’t have pets without it

I have been with this insurance company for five years now and had several claims over this period, my vet lodges them for me and I have been reimbursed within a couple of weeks which is great. Mischief & Rascal are very great full of the service we receive. Thank you.

Mel J.
Mel J.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic coverage and wonderful customer service

Very impressed with Australian Seniors Pet Insurance. Benefits are very generous but even more impressive is the communication provided throughout the claims process and the efficiency with which claims are assessed and paid.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

What I was able to get with Seniors Pet Insurance for my senior dog was perfect for me

I only took out the policy yesterday & it was easy to follow what explained & I am happy with it being a pensioner. My pet is fully covered for the policy period.

Michelle R.
Michelle R.Sydney, NSW

Charlie was amazing.

Charlie was amazing , so helpful and informative. Charlie explained details in nice simple terms and we were very pleased with the product. We were going to shop around but too hard to pass on the excellence of service and openness regarding the detail. We are now reviewing our other insurances to move to Aust Seniors. We highly recommend.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Claim Made No

Find out how Seniors Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

Easy to claim inline and once the vet had sent a letter to seniors, transfer was done the next day

Happy with the policy I have our furry family member. It didn't take for the claim to be processed. Happy that we have a policy to cover our furry family member.

Antony
AntonyPerth, WA

Excellent service.

Don't have to worry about making a claim as my vet takes care of everything.
Peace of mind is essential. Reimbursement settled in days.
Excellent service thanks, Tony and ella.
.ps Ella is the dog.

Rob
Rob

Too soo to tell

It is difficult to determine the value of the policy as So far I have not had to claim against biscuit’s policy and only desexing of Buddy. I have had the policy for 6 months

Hi Rob,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review for joining Australian Seniors with Biscuit, we really appreciate it. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require any assistance in the future.
Kind regards,
Alisa

Mark Hamling
Mark Hamling

The lady was really helpful

It was very easy to set up and had great information about policy it's my first insurance policy it it was made very easy with all the information great to have good cover for my puppy

Hi Mark,
We are always delighted to hear that our customers have found their policies easy to set up which is also suitable for their puppy. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience, we value your lovely feedback.
Kind regards,
Scott

Great cover and fast payments

Initial claim was very slow but all subsequent claims are paid within four working days. Have been insured for four and a half years. Good value for price of premium.

Shocking

The premiums went up so high and when I tried to call I was told they didn't know who I was and couldn't find any of my or my pets details despite being able to access my bank account and I had been a member for 5 years. I cancelled my policy but the payments continued to come out of my account. I contacted them again and they apologised and said they would refund me the 3 payments. That was in the middle of January and nothing has been refunded. I would definitely not recommend this pet insurance.

Sandra Vanbeelen asked

How much monthly

Liz
Liz

Hi Sandra, It was approximately $58 a fortnight for top coverage.

Sandra Vanbeelen

I’ve already got life insurance is pet insurance cheaper for members

Billy W.
Billy W.asked
Seniors Pet Insurance

Do this company offer coverage for snake bites that don’t occur on your own property? i.e. at a dog park or friends house?

Dino
Dino

Kazu
Kazuasked
Seniors Pet Insurance

My cat has pre-existing condition (bladder infection) but it hasn't happened more than 12 month. He has nothing problem about health now.
Can he take an insurance ? and also , Will its pre-existing be covered by insurance in the future? He is still 4years old.

See all Seniors Pet Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives

About Australian Seniors Pet Insurance

Seniors Pet Insurance lets you protect your cat or dog by covering things from injury and sickness to daily treatments.

You can choose from 3 levels of cover:

• Top Accident & Illness Cover, which gets you up to 80% back from eligible vet bills (up to $12,000 per year).
  • Essential Accident & Illness Cover, which gets you up to 75% back from eligible vet bills (up to $12,000 per year).
  • Basic Accident & Illness Cover, which gets you up to 60% back from eligible vet bills (up to $12,000 per year, at $2000 per condition).

You can cover your cat or dog from 8 weeks old, however there are maximum age limits for the different policies.

Seniors Pet Insurance also has added extras without the added cost. You’ll get overseas cover and emergency boarding included in your plan. In-home vet visits are also covered for when you can’t get your four-legged friend to the vet. To top it off, you don’t need to pay any excess.

The insurer complies with the General Insurance Code of Practice to give their customers the highest possible standard of service.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found the whole claim process to be easy, saying that claims were simple to lodge, and that they were processed and settled in a timely manner.
  • They also appreciated how easy the policy was to set up.
  • Reviewers also reported that Australian Seniors’ customer service team was helpful and caring, and answered questions reviewers had to ensure that they understood the ins and outs of their policy.

ProductReview_2022 Awards_logo

Seniors Pet Insurance is a 2022 ProductReview.com.au Award Winner! Reviewers loved the insurer’s customer service and value for money.

Compare all 3 Seniors Pet Insurance
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Tick Paralysis80% of Vet Expenses75% of Vet ExpensesIncluded
Emergency Boarding FeesIncluded (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)Included (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)Included (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$90 per visit up to $300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600$2,600Included
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Discounts / Offers10% Seniors Discount for over 50s10% Seniors Discount for over 50s
Condition Limit$2,000 per condition (Basic Accident & Illness Cover only)
Compare all 3 Seniors Pet Insurance