Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

4.4

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (34), 1-2 weeks (25), 2-4 weeks (15), 1-2 months (9) and 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (76) · No (12)

Seniors pet insurance

We have only recently taken out this insurance so cant make any comments as yet. Staff have been very helpful as I needed to make some changes. It was an easy process filling in the application on line.

JudoneSouthern and Hills, SA

Awesome pet insurance

Policy excellent no complaints at all even accepted my six and a half years dog with no complaint.
About three to four days recently with gap same day seervice which is excellent only pay gap so much easier for the pensiioners.
About two to three years with no problems

Claim DateNovember 2002

Hi Judone,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you have been able to utilise our GapOnly option and that we can assist in providing support for your pet when needed.

Happy we purchased pet insurance from Australian Seniors

I have held the policy for nearly two years since we bought our pet. Reasonably priced policy. Claims have been paid promptly after all information was submitted. Very helpful staff.

Perfect

My Insurance claim was handled very quickly and the correspondence from Australian Seniors Pet Insurance tracked its processing very well. I was very happy with the entire process from start to finish.

Shads

ShadsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Trying it out for now

Yes. I only just joined up I’ve not put in a claim yet. I will try it out and see how it goes as I’m not sure as yet

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Hi Shads,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any queries in the future.

Colleen Anderson

Colleen AndersonSydney, NSW

Good basic coverage

Not bad value, still expensive for someone on a Pension, but less than others, only joined last night yet to lodge a claim, still assessing competence level. Easy to set up

CassieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good insurance

I had my last dog insured with seniors and I found them very good. Quick refunds and very friendly. I have a puppy now and decided to insure her with seniors also.

JanSydney, NSW

Simply the best

Quick to respond any amount due is in the bank before I know it very pleasant on the phone I have confidence my Millie is well covered very satisfied thank you

great service

Adequate

Easy set up
Claim took over 2 weeks. sometimes more
I have had insurance for over 19 months. Unfortunately I happen to have purchased a puppy with lots of problems. Although I insured her at 3 months old, some of my claims have been classed as pre existing..

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Robbie B.
Robbie B.

I would like my policy number removed from my review plesse. Thank you Robbie

Hi Robbie,
Thank you for your response. I can confirm that your policy number has not been included in your review.

not happy

not happy with rejecting my claim based on what you called seizures and stated it was not applicable based on pre existing that my pet Mante was never been treated for seizures .I would like to know where you got this information from.You have my dogs history from the last 6 years and if you look you will find that he has never been diagnosed or treated for seizures NEVER.I would like you to look at my recent claim and overturn your decision and pay me the correct due payment !!!

Gary

GaryPearce 2607, ACT

Efficient response to claims

Been with Seniors for 4 years. Claims are resolved rapidly but I am inclined to look at alternatives to see if I can get a higher percentage return on my bill claims

Maz

MazHunter Region, NSW

Ease of making a claim

Thank you Seniors Pet insurance for making the process of claiming so easy. Refund was very quick at time of stress dealing with a sick pet who is part of the family.

dmb357

dmb357Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent value

The claim process was quick and easy. Response time was also very quick.
This is the first time that we have ever made a claim on any pet insurance. We also got value for money.

Number of Pets2 pets

Hi Dmb357,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to submit your claim and that we could finalise this efficiently for you.

Grant

GrantGippsland, VIC

Perfect for my needs

This is the first time for me to insure an animal, so I haven't made any claims yet, but, was very easy to set up. I can now rest easy knowing that if anything was to happen to my cat that at least I don't have to worry about expensive vet costs.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Denise

DeniseFar North Queensland, QLD

When Max hurt himself recently, it was good to know that we had pet insurance, and we received a good refund amount.

It was very easy to send in the claim online, and the refund was paid quite quickly. In the past, claims have not been so quick to get a refund. This must mean there have been some improvements.

Judy

JudyVictoria

Definitely couldn’t have my 2 pups if it wasn’t for my pet insurance

I have now been with this pet insurance company for 3 years and have had to use it several times for my youngest pup, in general the claims have been seen to in very good time. The policies were easy to setup and I’m reasonably happy with the cost specially when I think of not been able to enjoy my pets.

Number of Pets2 pets
Leonie

LeonieSouthwest, VIC

Prompt processing of claim

Great value policy and great claim processing. This is the second claim I have made since the commencement of my policy for routine pet care and veterinary costs. My claim was processed in two days which was fantastic.

Claim DateAugust 2020
Zivanka

ZivankaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great pet insurance option for senior pet owners

Jayne was excellent in explaining all the details regarding the insurance cover for my 9 yeats old dog, Hachi. Very happy with her excellent service and friendly personality. Great pet insurance cover older dogs.

Mal

MalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy Wife, Happy Dog, Happy Hubby

My policy was easy to set up with the help of Angela and my questions were answered satisfactorily. I was impressed with the efficiency of the monthly payments and the contents of the policy were just what we wanted at the right price.

Michael Craecoir

Michael CraecoirCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great cover

Quite long process but clearly explained. I have just taken out the policy and have not received the policy documentation yet either by email or by letter. I look forward to receiving them.

John V.

John V.asked

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. I would appreciate the opportunity to arrange for a member of our team to contact you to provide a quote and further information on our available policies. I have sent you a private message to obtain your contact details.

Hi John
It depends on the age of your pet. My last dog was 8yrs when I insured him and it cost $46/fortnight. I made quite a few claims as he was quite sick and his premiums went up to $53/ fortnight. Now I have a puppy and it costs $29/fortnight.
When you make a claim the refund is with in the week usually.

Elkeasked

Seniors Pet Insurance

What is Not covered?

Hi Elke,
Thank you for reaching out. You can find more information about our Pet Insurance on our website, https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like for one of our team members to reach out to you, please send me a private message with your policy details and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Elke

Please email me what is not covered as requested, not a web address link, as sent.

Hi Elke,
I apologise, as we do not have access to your email address via Product Review. All information on what is and is not covered is available on our website in our Policy Booklet. To view our Policy Booklet please visit our website; https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-pet-insurance-policy-booklet.pdf
It would be beneficial to speak with one of our team members directly to discuss policy coverage and exclusions in more depth specific to you and your pets. If you would like me to arrange this for you, please send me a private message with your contact details and I will organise for the relevant team to be in touch with you.

none

noneasked

Seniors Pet Insurance

how do I get a quote please

Hi there,
Thank you for reaching out. To get a quote you can visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like a for one of our team members to contact you, please send me a private message with your full name and contact number and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives

Compare all 3 Seniors Pet Insurance
CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Contact Number 1300 607 3361300 607 3361300 607 336
Email Address seniors@petsure.com.auseniors@petsure.com.auseniors@petsure.com.au
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Annual Benefit Limit$12,000$12,000$12,000
Amount of Vet Bill Covered Up to 80%Up to 75%Up to 60%
Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Tick Paralysis80% of Vet Expenses75% of Vet ExpensesIncluded
Emergency Boarding FeesIncluded (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)Included (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)Included (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$90 per visit up to $300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600$2,600Included
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Condition Limit$2,000 per condition (Basic Accident & Illness Cover only)
Compare all 3 Seniors Pet Insurance