3.5

Easy with no fuss

One I uploaded the receipts, the process was seamless and quick. I was kept up to date with regular messaging which was followed up with a detailed report through the post.

Hi Leanne,
I'm pleased to hear that your claim was processed with ease and that you were kept up to date throughout your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, we really appreciate it.
Alisa

Kelly

KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressed with the ease of claiming

The policy for my pooch was all done over the phone many years ago and i have received regular updates of price rises etc. direct debit works for me. I have been a customer for 10 years now and recently my dog broke his knee from a fall and after consults, drugs, x-rays and surgery any claim s i made were paid out within 2 days. Very fast and simple online claiming with drag and drop files. No hassles, no disputes. Well done Real pet insurance.

Roslyn

RoslynPerth, WA

Great customer service

Policy good value. I took out policy for my puppy and thank goodness!. Claims process has been quick & easy on portal & staff very helpful on phone. Claims paid very quickly after lodgement. Would recommend

Karin

KarinSydney, NSW

Claim stuff don’t read full consult notes and then ask for more evidence when it is already in the consult notes.

My dog is on multiple medication. The vet consult notes that discussed these medications is six pages long. On a number of occasions when I submit a pharmacy receipt for medications along with the vet consult notes I get contacted asking for evidence from my vet. It’s all there if the claim staff would only read the notes properly. I it’s incredibly frustrating, delays payment And there is nowhere on the cleaning website where I can write a note directing them to which page of the Vet notes discusses the medications.

Hi Karin,
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and I would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience further. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Jaye

JayeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Online claiming not very user friendly

My 1st online claim took over 30 minutes to set up & enter/upload required details. A lot more could be changed to make it more user friendly. Including allowing for policy number variances. Since there seems to be a few different ways I’ve seen it used in their correspondence. Uploading documents seemed quite unclear & clunky to use. Frustrating, I hope some improvements can be made to stop others going through the same frustration.

William

WilliamSydney, NSW

Real pet insurance

I have been with real pet insurance for around 22 years they are very quick at processing claims never any problem.
I highly recommend real pet insurance for peace of mind.
William

On line claims processing

I have been a client of Real pet Insurance for a number of years and to date I have had no reason to fault the service received. Since I began to use the "on-line claims facility" I have found the system to work efficiently well with claims actioned and refunds paid back within the promised time frame. Thank you Real Pet Insurance Staff, keep up the good work.

John DOHERTY

John DOHERTYNorth Queensland, QLD

cruciate ligament

Approximately 8 years with Real Pet Insurance. Very happy with the claim process and refund received.
Claim was actioned on the day of operation on my dog Ziggy.
No complaints at all.

Kathleen

KathleenNorth Queensland, QLD

Excellent.

Very happy with Real Insurance policies.Kept up to date on progress.Highly recommend.Have claimed on pet insurance and funeral insurance in the past.Very positive results.Very happy to help with any questions.

Happy with my policy

I am very pleased with my policy, I have had a few claims now and I’m very impressed with the way they have been dealt with. Firstly I have always been informed that the claim has been received
and when accepted payment has been paid very promptly. I have been with this company since Feb 2017

Claim DateAugust 2019

Wouldn't be without Real Pet Insurancr

My puppy is 9 years old and we have been insured with Real pet insurance since he was 8 weeks old. Our dog wouldn't be with us if we hadn't had him insured. Real pet insurance have always paid out on this policy to the tune of thousands over the past 9 years. Occasionally they have requested the history from the vet which is no hassle to me or the vet. Real have always paid our claims, they let you know when it had been recieved and the refund is in my bank account. This policy has been great value for money, so thankyou Real Pet Insurance.

Myra

MyraSydney, NSW

Excellent service

I am happy with Real Pet InsuranceInsurance , it is a good service with rebates in to my bank account
My only complaint is regarding the telephone service after one of our beloved dogs died. I phoned your company to change our insurance to one dog as our poodle had sadly died. The person on the phone took my details and did her job efficiently changing the cover to one dog. At the end of the call she said
"Have a Great Day". Not appropriate and insensitive.

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Should of stayed where I was

Our previous pet insurance company was 100% better to deal with, we only transferred to real as we set our life insurances up with them, think I’m heading back to old company, claim took too long and alot of emails back and forth, makes us wonder if we look around for another insurer for life etc

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2020

Hi Leigh,
I am sorry to hear of your recent claims experience and we would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience further. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Chris

ChrisPERTH

pet insurance costs

Insurance for two pets is quite expensive. Yes I have had to make claims but they are only small. The amount I pay in Pet Insurance is very expensive. Probably would look around before going ahead with Real again.

Suzy B

Suzy BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service particularly when I had any questions or advice needed.

The policy is good value and easy to set up particularly the use of the portal for claims.
The claims were attended to in a timely matter and I did appropriate the sms updates that were sent regularly.
I had pet insurance for my dog Tilly for over 7 years with many claims as she h had many issues over her life.

Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We are very happy with this service.

Commensed policy in 2011, and have made numerous claims for our two dogs. Response and follow up have been prompt and satisfactory. Our policy has been excellent value and has helped us, financially, to cope with responsible pet ownership.

Hi Julie,
It's fantastic to hear that you have found value in your policy and that your claims have been processed promptly. Thank you for taking the time to share your great review with us, we really appreciate it.
Alisa

Petula Louey

Petula LoueyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pet Claim

Although i tried to do an online claim, documents were not uploading on the portal. Apparently there was an issue with the online portal so I emailed the pet insurance email instead with my claim and followed up with a call and was just as easy. Phone consultant was friendly and confirmed that they were in receipt of my email and apologised their portal wasn't working currently. Got my claim back within a few days, Very quick and easy. Been with Real insurance for years. Pretty happy with their service

JessicaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

So simple and easy. You are great !

Claim was lodged on Thursday . Got my pay out the next Monday. Been insured for 3 years with you. This was my first claim. It was completed quickly and easily

Always great service

Claim was done within 7 days of receiving it and I have been insured for around 11years real insurance with always great service. Policy covers most of my two dogs veterinary care

Claim DateMay 2020

Hi Teresa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you have received from our team and that we have been able to assist with your claims.

Clemence

ClemenceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

the best insurance there is.

The policy was very easy to set up, I have not lodged a claim yet. I have been with Real pet Insurance for 2 years, with my cat. I have confidence that lodging a claim will be just as easy.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog