See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Real Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (83)
    • 1-2 weeks (60)
    • 2-4 weeks (23)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (168) · No (12)

Kim
KimSydney, NSW

Excellent Service

The policy was was not easy to set up, because we did not get him as a puppy, but when that was eventually sorted out and it came to making a claim, we have had no complaints at all as every claim we have received made, we have received 80% back (apart from routine visits). We have been with Real Pet for 4 years and are happy to carry on with them.

AliD
AliDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Premiums continually go up above CPI

Quick claim resolve. Good communication throughout.
Prices go up well above CPI. BUT, given REAL is an insurance company...

Rhonda Hopkins
Rhonda HopkinsGippsland, VIC

Great customer service fast payment

Had for 14 year price has increased quite a bit but wouldn’t be without it

Teresa
Teresa

Excellence in insurance

Been with real pet for over 10years and my pet insurance and claims has always been hassle free and excellent care and service

• Incentivised Review No
  • Claim Made Yes

Antonia
AntoniaSydney, NSW

Excellent Support

Real Pet Insurance have been so supportive as my dogs have gotten older and having more ailments. They are very quick to settle claims and respond to any of my queries. Always super friendly on the phone.

Pet Claims

My dog is 14 and I have had Real Pet Insurance all this time and he has been very sick during the past 6 years and Real have paid all his bills accordingly, very fast & efficient service. Although rates have increased significantly since his illness.

Jennifer
JenniferSouthwest, VIC

Had an emergency visit to the vet after my dog (insured for 12 years) became lame during our walk. Not sure what happened - insect bite? Did claim by mail, not processed straight away as I had to contact vet again requesting consultation notes. Claim was then processed quickly.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
C Gray
C GrayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pet insurance claim

Very simple process and quickly resolved with money received without hassle. The payout limit on cruciate surgery was not as high as I’d hoped based on the increasing vet costs, but is comparable to other insurances.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Claim Made Yes
Customer RelationsReal InsuranceSend a private message

Brilliant product. Claim processed quickly and never any hassles.

Efficient service great product. can’t fault them once on 12 years of having insurance. Every claim I have lodged to processed quickly. The no gap set up with my vet is amazing.

Joyce
JoyceSydney, NSW

Good cover

The policy recently I've lodged was exceptional I pay via the gap cover with my Vet and it turn out to be very cheap for my dog she had 4weeks of arthritis injections, the claim processing was very good didn't have to wait long, being with Real Pet insurance now 17yrs that was including my beloved RIP cat. They really look after you and the claim side of things I've never had any bad experiences with them. I get updated txt/emails on my computer and mobile to let me know how my claim is going, Real Pet insurance is the only company I would pick for my pet I get proper treatment from them and highly professional service. I recommended to anyone who wants pet insurance.

Carla
CarlaCanberra Airport 2609, ACT

So happy with the service

All interactions have been exemplary-such helpful staff and great cover. This is my third pet insurance policy with real and I will use them happily again. It's always been easy resolving issues

Customer RelationsReal InsuranceSend a private message

Easy to navigate and fast response

We've used Real Pet for 10+ years, we have the premium paying 80% of claims. The website is easy to navigate, turnaround times on claims are fast with good communication.

AliD
AliDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent service

Up front info on what the policy could likely cover. Says that different amounts could be paid out due to differing circumstances. Claims process isn't quick. Resolution is slow. Website account info is uninformative - just says your claim is being processed and wait for news, but no time frame given. You can tell your vet that you have Real pet insurance when you arrive and they can make a direct claim on your behalf which is good. Happy with Real, even though policy $$$ increases each year, higher than cost of living.

Rochelle
RochelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommend Real Pet insurance

5.5 years of having pet insurance and we Can not fault real insurance. Easy communication and fast turn around on payments. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for pet insurance

Sherrell
SherrellPakenham

Quick response

Real insurance were quick with our claim, the money was in my bank, we weren’t sure if we were allegeable for a refund but to my surprise there it was.