Real Pet Insurance

Real Pet Insurance

Excellent customer service for policy set-up

I have not claimed yet but the set-up of the policy was very well handled. I don't understand why I must have 30 words for a review. And review requests before a claim is made gives false positive feedback.

So far so good.

Haven’t made a claim yet but I’m very impressed with the service so far. Jacinda has been extremely helpful. Thank you for explaining everything so I could understand all the policy covers.

Claim MadeNo

Disappointed with the call centre knowledge

Surprised that when I called in to enquire my Real Reward, the call centre officer wasn't very clear on the annual rewards policy. She claimed that I am not eligible despite I have completed my 1st year with Real Pet Insurance. Fortunately, [name removed] from the customer service helped me to resolved the issue.

Claim MadeNo
We are disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience with us. We aim to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service possible and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes. If you would like, please send us your contact details in a private message and we will have a Service Manager call you shortly.

Too good! I hope you don't disappoint me in the future.

It was a good value but need to see when the time of need arise.
The person I spoke with was polite and answered my questions.
I will let you know more in the future.

Claim MadeNo

Full cover for our new pug puppy. Very happy

The company representative (Morgan) was very good at explaining the different policies on offer. She showed great professionalism and was very pleasant to do business with. Very easy to set up the policy.

Waste of time,effort & energy

Easy to set up, but if it sounds too good to be true.... i was looking for a company AWAY from my existing pet insurance. Turns out they are underwritten by same company, once you have set up your account,you get transfered to the Philippines, the staff do Not care if you are having the worst day of your life. I have insurance for my house,my car,motorcycle,my life . All of them easy to use, Pet insurance is a nightmare, you are by FAR better off putting $80-90 away a month,into an account at a bank on the off chance you need it . If you are getting pet insurance for any animal older than a puppy/kitten etc,all conditions are pre existing & not covered .

Number of Pets0 pets
Claim MadeNo
It sounds like you have had a bad experience. If you are able to provide some more details we would like to help. Please share your contact details with us in a private message.Why? If I wasn’t a valued person before I put up a poor review, then reaching out to me now just proves how little integrity you have, you are trying to save face, nothing more .

My dog Smidge.

I was very happy with the policy and the young lady who helped me name Sophia. Happy with premium. Quite a few years I have a Funeral policy with Real.

Pet Insurance - New Policy

I am not sure how long I have had pet insurance, perhaps over ten years. I currently have my Cocker Spaniel, Lucy insured with Real Pet Insurance. Having acquired Georgie in May 2018, I wanted a policy to cover her also. During the process of establishing the policy I was asked if Georgie had any pre-existing medical conditions. I mentioned that she had recently had an ear infection which had been effectively treated; following which I was told this new policy would not provide cover for ear infections. If it was a serious ongoing medical condition I could understand it, but ear infections?

Insurance claim madeNo

Needed cover for pets and the customer service officer was very helpful, kind and factual.

Obtaining coverage for pets required.
Premium higher this year than competitors coming from but with incentives of lowering next year, have taken up. Also told coverage better than competitors so this better.

Claim MadeNo

Never until commencement of new policy. Happy with offer and have started pet insurance policy for my fur baby which is to replace another one

Insurance claim madeNo

I wouldn't recommend getting locked in

I've been with real insurance for 4 years. We started at $70 per month and each year the insurance goes up considerably. We have entered our 4th year at $98 a month. I rang to opt out but discovered that although I pay monthly it is a rollover insurance that is contracted for a year. This was not clear at all. And is the only insurance I've ever been with where you pay monthly but can't opt out. Very deceiving. In addition I was told the premium went up because I was ageing. I'm 29! Not only that but I feel the claiming is a pain. Having to print out out and email or post the claims form. No online quick claiming. I am yet to make a big claim as we have only had 12 monthly health check ups at the vet for our 4yo dog - real refunded the 85% returned into our account quite efficiently. I am worried however at the premiums keep going up at this rate. It doesnt seem worth having the insurance on the first place. As a customer it feels real pet insurance is a cash cow that's designed to make as much money off you as possible.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, in most cases, a premium increase is the result of underwriting changes. If you would like to send us your policy details via a private message we can arrange for a Service Manager to get in touch with you to clarify this matter.

Great customer service

I took out pet insurance on our second lab. Although we have never had to make a claim (fingers crossed we never have to) we have found the staff at real insurance very professional and friendly

Insurance claim madeNo

Your beloved pet can't live with this product, Spend your money to watch your pet suffer and DIE.

After years without a claim my elderly pet now needs assistance and Real insurance company has made it impossible to claim for even basic treatment. Skyrocketing premiums but greatly reduced Policy benefits, Thieves liars and cheats, Murdered my beloved pet and show no care or responsibility. This is NOT PET insurance it is a money cow for Real that will leave you out of pocket and Kill your pet. Ombudsman is also no help with this unfair, unjust and unReal insurance policy.

Insurance claim madeYes
We would like to offer our sincerest condolences on the passing of your pet. If you could please send through your policy details (either here on in a Facebook private message), our claims team can review this matter for you.been there and done that . Even had complaint to ombudsman but your lies and dishonest conduct and evidence has left you with MY money and my beloved companion DEAD ! The best I can do now is to stop others falling for your lies I used to tell people to get pet insurance but I now know it is no benifit to pets or owners it is cash for you for NOTHING !We are sorry that we were unable to help you this time. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions outlined in our PDS mean that not all items are covered. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please send us your policy details and we will have a Claims Manager get in touch with you shortly.

No Soul No surprise

Will take advantage of anything possible not to fulfil their obligation. Their method is to suggest everything is pre exsisting despite in two cases of mine there was no direct link whatsoever. Taking the process for further review is an absolute waste of time and your only hope is to dance through the required steps before contacting the ombudsman. Disgusting company disgusting policies and approach

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If you'd like to discuss your policy and claim further please share your policy details with us and we'd be happy to arrange for a team member to contact you. You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance.

Animal owners need this

Pet insurance is a must have today as illness and injuries to your furry friends are expensive, but having Pet Insurance relieves the agonising decision "Can I afford to go to the Vet" Well with Pet Insurance you can. Having been a customer of Real Pet Insurance for many years I always have piece of mind knowing that the staff at Real Pet Insurance will process my claim within a day or two. You can even claim online. Just great service with great pet plans.

Insurance claim madeYes

pet premium insurance cover..for my working service dog..

Only signed up today...consultant was very friendly informative with information and explained all the information..also went thru all my options

Awesome service

Set up income Insurance with Ashe he was friendly & so helpful he should be rewarded for his customer service

Awful customer service

I paid $80 a month for a year and a half for my dog with this insurance and had never once received an email, letter or even a confirmation that my dog was insured. When I called up to cancel his insurance, as I wanted to change insurance companies, the lady on the phone kept me on the phone for half an hour trying to convince me to keep him on there. She then bad mouthed the insurance company I wanted to change him to. I stood my ground and told her that I still wanted to cancel his insurance and she became INCREDIBLY rude and then said "I can't understand why you would put your dog on a worse insurance, BYE" and then hung up on me. I'm honestly shocked that Real Insurance have staff like this working for them.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Leena, we are disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience with us. We aim to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service possible and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes. Please send us your contact & policy details in a private message on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance) and we will have a Service Manager call you shortly.

They refuse to pay out a claim made for Lupus on my dog

When I first had my dog and insured him with this company, he had a tummy rash due to the grass in our garden. He was given tablets and I was told to give him Telfast, which I still do today. That was in 2012. This year he was diagnosed with Lupus on his nose which has gone all crusty and swollen and has had to have various vet visits and all kinds of medication. When I submitted the claims, everyone has been rejected because they are saying its a recurring skin condition from when he was first insured and therefore not covered. My Vet has even written to them advising Lupus is an autoimmune disease and not allergy related. Still REAL are saying "its part of the skin" so won't pay. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY if you care for your dog.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Rach, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. All claimants are entitled to have their claims reviewed; if you would like to proceed please share your policy details with us. You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance thanks.

Two dogs insured

very happy with the customer service. He was very personable and helpful. Always nice talking to another dog owner who has similar concerns for their pet.

Insurance claim madeNo

No pet insurance has great reviews but yours is the worst . Are you happy about this ? What are you doing to win back the customers you have lost due to your unreal actions . Are you incompertant or just uncareing ? Why and how are you still in business selling this useless insurance policy? I pray you go down very soon and stop the Hurt and heart ache you cause the most needy in society
Hi there, we have responded to your original post and have asked for you to provide us with your policy and contact number so we can contact you to assist you with your claim.Once again this just shows how disconnected you are with your customer base . This is NOT an answer to my question . I have supplied you with the details you are asking for but it didnt help me or my Pet . I no longer have a policy with you and will NEVER again . You have allready KILLED my beloved pet . I am asking this to help others make an informed decision and your uncareing responce should be enough for most ?

please send me your email as I need to email a clients history to you.
Hi Helen, thanks for your enquiry. Please email real@petsure.com.au, thank you.

Can a supervisor contact me,if you can?
Hi, Can you please private message me your policy details here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance and I can arrange for a Service Manager to contact you. Thank you

Similar listings