• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (27) · <1 week (26) · 2-4 weeks (11) · 1-2 months (6) · 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (64) · No (8)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (2%) · No (98%)

Jill

JillGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Service & staff.

I have been with Real Insurance for over 6 years now. I have never had an issue with payments. Always fast to respond. Staff are so obliging. I have a Toy poodle & German Shepard. Fantastic Support.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

great

I didn,t at first but I do now. I Have claimed twice and both times did the claim not take long.I have been with you for about 8 years now.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Hi Edith,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we have been able to assist with your claims and assist in providing support for your pet, when needed.

Andrea

AndreaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sad time, compassionate and caring service

We recently lost our beautiful little furbaby after he was attacked by another dog who escaped his muzzle. 2 surgeries and we had to make the decision to put our boy to sleep. Our vet hospital put the claim into Real on our behalf. Within a very short period of time we were reimbursed 80% of all our costs, no questions, no fuss. I did have a couple of conversations with Real at which time they were compassionate and caring. Can't recommend them highly enough. We adopted Russo at 9 and insured his straight away but due to age he could only have limited cover.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Adam M.

Adam M.Sydney, NSW

Garbage, doing everything possible to avoid claims! avoid!

Horrible first experience with a pet insurance company.
detailing false information regarding a claim, advising a condition was pre existing when it clearly wasn't, won't respond to emails and now they will take 10-15 days to get back to be involving a review, ONLY, only after I pushed back many times, what an absolute joke.
REAL will be paying my claim, I will be pushing with the ombudsman and further, so they better get back to me asap, will never go back.

Claim ApprovedNo

Susan Webster

Susan WebsterSydney, NSW

Fantastic cover for my fur baby

So easy making a claim, my vet sends the claim through on line for me, only takes a few days to get payment into my account, would not be with out pet insurance for my dog, you just don't know what can happen,

2 dogs always perfect service

the policy is great for us. 5 to 6 days for the claim to be resolved.we have been with real insurance with 2 dogs for over 6 or 7 years. 1 of our dogs had extensive procedures done at the animal Hospital and died of cancer 4 days after the first visit cost well over $3600 they paid us 75% of this with in 24 hrs .

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Hira
Hira

Fantastic Cover!

Claims process was simple and initiated by our vet. Process was handled efficiently by Real Pet Insurance and process banked in terms of arrangements! I was pleasantly surprised by the experience!

Anna

AnnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible experience. Had to lodge a complaint with the ombudsman due to non payment

The claim was lodged early December and have had to go through stress to even get a response. So disgusting ! Customer service were rude and I received 7 different responses to my request. Poor customer service

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Libby

LibbySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

We are very happy with the policy, our vet puts in the claim for us and we get our refund back very quickly!! We have been with Real pet insurance for a few years now and will continue with this policy.....

Hi Libby,
What a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear the ease in which you find it to claim through your vet, and thrilled you receive your payment quickly. Thank you for your support and for sharing your experience.
Sharon

Patricia

PatriciaNorth Queensland, QLD

Great. It helps us make a good choice for our loved one, Reebok.

I believe the cover was good value. As Reebok gets older she needs more medication. We have been with Real for 10 years and are now seeing the real value of having pet insurance. Reebok has just turned 14.

Kerry

KerryPerth, WA

Would not be without Pet Insurance now. Real has been so helpful and understanding with my dog. Thank you.

Have an Epileptic Dog and they have been amazing, in enabling me to have MRI and ongoing medication. I am able to simply ask my vet to send the receipt through without filling out forms.

broadybob

broadybobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gratitude of Claims Service

Brilliant online claims service. It is so simple to Lodge and then to receive payment within a few days was sensational. I am an ex insurance employee. Great service indeed .

magpy

magpyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

Today I spoke to Rafael with regard to a claim I had submitted. Not only did she take the time to check my claim but she also rang me back to advise me she had expedited my claim and it was in the final stages of being settled. To me this was going over and beyond any service I could have expected and I would recommend this customer service officer to everyone.

RosslynJune

RosslynJuneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant always friendly and prompt payments

The policy was easy to set up and great value with fortnightly payments. all information given via phone.
I have lodged a claim and it was paid quickly in one week.

Hi RosslynJune,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and that we could assist with your claims, when needed.

CaseyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive and hard to claim.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Casey

I see replies on socially viewable sites receive a same day response. I am still waiting for replies to my emails from last week!

Jody Robertson

Jody RobertsonHolt 2615, ACT

Excellent and reliable

I have had this policy for about 5 years and have never had a complaint. Claims are reviewed and finalised promptly. Very happy and have just covered a second pet under the same policy

Best Pet Insurance

Real Pet Insurance was worth every cent. Claims were processed with ease. Payments were received promptly. Communication was excellent at all times. I have no complaints at all and couldnt recommend them more highly. And the sensitivity with which the loss of our pets was handled was very much appreciated. Thank you.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Debbie

DebbieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Real Pet Insurance has been very helpful .... good service, prompt returns.

I've been with Real Pet Insurance since my dog was a pup... she's 8 and a half now. It as easy to get cover and set up. I've found RPI very helpful and prompt with claims. I'd highly recommend RPI.

WillroCentral West, NSW

Claims are always paid promptly within 10 days which is a lot faster than RSPCA pet insurance

Have found staff to be friendly and professional. No problems with the phone service. I found that my claims were always paid promptly and the service is much better than with my last insurance company.

Claim MadeNo

Hi Willro,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear of the great service that you have received from our team and that we can assist with your claims.

Willro

Since I am a pensioner Real Pet Insurace has given me peace of mind knowing that I can always afford vet treatment for my much loved pet.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

like all things there is only one winner

over the years it went from 66 to a 110 not good ? i could understand that if a lot of claims were made but i think based on my policy i cannot see it to be of value

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks