Real Pet Insurance

Real Pet Insurance

I now have 4 policies with you & am happy

I have had insurance with Real Insurance for approx 10 years. I have always found them easy to deal with & when making a claim I usually have the payment in my account within 1 week.
This new policy was super easy to set up.

Number of Pets3 pets
Claim MadeNo
Hi Ricochet13, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We really appreciate your continued loyalty and support. Kind regards, Tess

Perfect insurance, peace of mind for my puppy

Quick and easy service for a quote. Peace of mind that my dog is insured now. I chose this company as I currently have my own insurance through your company.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Catherine, We are thrilled to hear that we can provide you with the peace of mind knowing that your puppy is now covered. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Tess

Good value excellent service

Yes it was loved being in it when I was. Due to circumstances had to cancel it which I was sad about would like to join again at some piont

Claim MadeNo
Hi Cherylee, Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. I am sorry to hear that you did have to cancel your policy. When your circumstances change, we would be delighted to have you back as part of the Real Insurance family. Kind regards, Tess

Frustrated

I have had pet insurance for 6 years with very few claims. Not sure how an ear problem is pre existing as a new born pup and now I find out that when I have claimed flea treatment on the day of renewal , the renewal start at 11.59pm so not claimable. Language is also a problem. Had to repeat myself over and over as they didn’t understand. Far too many exceptions and not enough common sense and certainly not enough product knowledge. Have to be called back every time

Claim MadeYes
Hi Suzanne, I am sorry to hear that you have not had the best experience whilst making a claim. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you, can you please send a private message noting your policy number together with your contact details. Once we have your details, I will arrange for someone to reach out to you. Kind regards, Tess

Pre-existing ear infection of doom

Woeful customer service. Even worse correspondence.

Submitted my claim and all the paperwork. Some of it wasn’t relevant, sure, but I uploaded it just in case. No big deal.

However, 10 days later I’ve still not heard anything... so I email them to follow up on it.

Turns out, they don’t contact you at all unless they want money... so unbeknownst to me, my claim was rejected days ago because of an ear infection back in January 2018 - pre-existing apparently.

Nevermind that I’ve insured my dog through them for almost 2 years and claimed only once, not complained about them upping my premiums, not missed a payment etc.

No. An ear infection almost 18 months ago (prior to insuring with them for the first year) is ‘pre-existing’ and therefore not covered.

To top it off, when I asked about finding out more about cancelling the policy they just straight up went and notified their accounts team to cancel it.

Potatoes. Crooks. Call them what you will but don’t use them.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Mr B., We are disappointed to hear that the customer service you received was not to the high level we strive to achieve and sadly you were not kept informed of your claim status. Whilst your pet’s ear infection is considered as pre-existing, as per your Product Disclosure Statement you may apply to have this reviewed. If you are open to discussing this, please send a private message with your policy number together with contact details and we will arrange for you to be contacted. Kind regards, Tess

After looking on line and comparing, I received a lovely call from a young lady who was very helpful and when I was able to ask questions (I was sick when she called) she answered very professional and polite. I am so pleased with her service I took the policy straight away. Thank you for being understanding and caring

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim MadeNo
Hi Janet, It’s wonderful to hear our representative was polite and caring to assist you whilst you were unwell. Thank you for such a great review. Kind regards, Tess

Great advice and support

Received a call to set up my insurance, the last was very helpful and knowledgable. Answered all of my questions and concerns and explained everything in detail. Have now signed up for pet insurance.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Renee, Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to receive positive feedback and very happy that we could offer you such outstanding service. Regards, Tess

Exceptional service and cover

Wonderful service, claims are so easy
Staff are helpful and knowledgeable
Always paid 80%of any claim I have made
The portal means I can access my account easy and makes claims myself online
No more long waits like before when claims were sent via post.

Number of Pets5 pets
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Excellent customer service for policy set-up

I have not claimed yet but the set-up of the policy was very well handled. I don't understand why I must have 30 words for a review. And review requests before a claim is made gives false positive feedback.

So far so good.

Haven’t made a claim yet but I’m very impressed with the service so far. Jacinda has been extremely helpful. Thank you for explaining everything so I could understand all the policy covers.

Claim MadeNo

Disappointed with the call centre knowledge

Surprised that when I called in to enquire my Real Reward, the call centre officer wasn't very clear on the annual rewards policy. She claimed that I am not eligible despite I have completed my 1st year with Real Pet Insurance. Fortunately, [name removed] from the customer service helped me to resolved the issue.

Claim MadeNo
We are disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience with us. We aim to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service possible and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes. If you would like, please send us your contact details in a private message and we will have a Service Manager call you shortly.

Too good! I hope you don't disappoint me in the future.

It was a good value but need to see when the time of need arise.
The person I spoke with was polite and answered my questions.
I will let you know more in the future.

Claim MadeNo

Full cover for our new pug puppy. Very happy

The company representative (Morgan) was very good at explaining the different policies on offer. She showed great professionalism and was very pleasant to do business with. Very easy to set up the policy.

Waste of time,effort & energy

Easy to set up, but if it sounds too good to be true.... i was looking for a company AWAY from my existing pet insurance. Turns out they are underwritten by same company, once you have set up your account,you get transfered to the Philippines, the staff do Not care if you are having the worst day of your life. I have insurance for my house,my car,motorcycle,my life . All of them easy to use, Pet insurance is a nightmare, you are by FAR better off putting $80-90 away a month,into an account at a bank on the off chance you need it . If you are getting pet insurance for any animal older than a puppy/kitten etc,all conditions are pre existing & not covered .

Number of Pets0 pets
Claim MadeNo
It sounds like you have had a bad experience. If you are able to provide some more details we would like to help. Please share your contact details with us in a private message.Why? If I wasn’t a valued person before I put up a poor review, then reaching out to me now just proves how little integrity you have, you are trying to save face, nothing more .

My dog Smidge.

I was very happy with the policy and the young lady who helped me name Sophia. Happy with premium. Quite a few years I have a Funeral policy with Real.

Pet Insurance - New Policy

I am not sure how long I have had pet insurance, perhaps over ten years. I currently have my Cocker Spaniel, Lucy insured with Real Pet Insurance. Having acquired Georgie in May 2018, I wanted a policy to cover her also. During the process of establishing the policy I was asked if Georgie had any pre-existing medical conditions. I mentioned that she had recently had an ear infection which had been effectively treated; following which I was told this new policy would not provide cover for ear infections. If it was a serious ongoing medical condition I could understand it, but ear infections?

Insurance claim madeNo

Needed cover for pets and the customer service officer was very helpful, kind and factual.

Obtaining coverage for pets required.
Premium higher this year than competitors coming from but with incentives of lowering next year, have taken up. Also told coverage better than competitors so this better.

Claim MadeNo

Never until commencement of new policy. Happy with offer and have started pet insurance policy for my fur baby which is to replace another one

Insurance claim madeNo

I wouldn't recommend getting locked in

I've been with real insurance for 4 years. We started at $70 per month and each year the insurance goes up considerably. We have entered our 4th year at $98 a month. I rang to opt out but discovered that although I pay monthly it is a rollover insurance that is contracted for a year. This was not clear at all. And is the only insurance I've ever been with where you pay monthly but can't opt out. Very deceiving. In addition I was told the premium went up because I was ageing. I'm 29! Not only that but I feel the claiming is a pain. Having to print out out and email or post the claims form. No online quick claiming. I am yet to make a big claim as we have only had 12 monthly health check ups at the vet for our 4yo dog - real refunded the 85% returned into our account quite efficiently. I am worried however at the premiums keep going up at this rate. It doesnt seem worth having the insurance on the first place. As a customer it feels real pet insurance is a cash cow that's designed to make as much money off you as possible.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, in most cases, a premium increase is the result of underwriting changes. If you would like to send us your policy details via a private message we can arrange for a Service Manager to get in touch with you to clarify this matter.

Great customer service

I took out pet insurance on our second lab. Although we have never had to make a claim (fingers crossed we never have to) we have found the staff at real insurance very professional and friendly

Insurance claim madeNo

No pet insurance has great reviews but yours is the worst . Are you happy about this ? What are you doing to win back the customers you have lost due to your unreal actions . Are you incompertant or just uncareing ? Why and how are you still in business selling this useless insurance policy? I pray you go down very soon and stop the Hurt and heart ache you cause the most needy in society
Hi there, we have responded to your original post and have asked for you to provide us with your policy and contact number so we can contact you to assist you with your claim.Once again this just shows how disconnected you are with your customer base . This is NOT an answer to my question . I have supplied you with the details you are asking for but it didnt help me or my Pet . I no longer have a policy with you and will NEVER again . You have allready KILLED my beloved pet . I am asking this to help others make an informed decision and your uncareing responce should be enough for most ?

please send me your email as I need to email a clients history to you.
Hi Helen, thanks for your enquiry. Please email real@petsure.com.au, thank you.

Can a supervisor contact me,if you can?
Hi, Can you please private message me your policy details here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance and I can arrange for a Service Manager to contact you. Thank you

Similar listings