Darren

DarrenBrisbane

Will not cover cancellation if country travel status changes

They are proud to admit they void their own policy if the country you are travelling to becomes a "do not travel", using the coronavirus pandemic as a scapegoar saying all reasons for canceling should be forseeable because of it. Absolute joke, avoid these thieves

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Great service. Great staff.

Easy to purchase, great value and it is sooo worth, especially travelling with young kids. Was so worry about the claims and expenses but TID made my travel trip without hassle.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

This is awesome to hear! We appreciate the feedback :)

Genevieve M

Genevieve MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always great service

I can't recommend TID enough, and while in previous years I would buy single policies for when I went on holidays, over the last few years I have been buying an Annual Multi Trip Policy as I am travelling fairly regularly for work, and it just makes life a lot easier not having to worry about Travel Insurance. I've had reason to claim twice through TID, once against a single policy then this year against my Annual policy, and in both cases the staff were very helpful and professional, gave me good information and the claims were settled with me in full. I'm very happy with them, and will definitely stick with them!

DestinationAustralia, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and New Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical and Other
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Genevieve. Thanks for the amazing review!

Find out how TID Travel Insurance Direct compares to other Travel Insurance

Travel Direct offered the insurance I needed when I needed it.

Extremely good value. Great service and for a low cost product they did everything to help me when I needed it. I have had travel insurance for decades highly recommend them.

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Thank you, Lin. This is great to hear!

Danielle

DanielleGoulburn Valley, VIC

Easy to claim on cancelled overseas trip

Purchased my policy well before Corona Virus.
Cancelled our holiday to China once Smart Traveller announces do not travel. Unfortunately Inspiring Vacations would not refund all of our holiday. But our insurance policy cover the cancellation fees. TID paid out our policy so quickly unlike Inspiring Vacations, we are still to receive our refund

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
blacklisted

blacklistedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do I even have to give a star?!?!

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

Worst travel company to seek any claim

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Francisco

Franciscobondi

Don’t waste your money, TID do not accept claims

As you can see mostly one star here and on Google review, they do not accept any claim. They refuse always with an excuse to do not have responsibility or do not cover what you claim.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2013

CiscoSydney, NSW

Have been waiting for over a month and still no decision

This is my second review in 5 years and sadly, they have gone downhill since. I have been waiting for a decision since my claim over 40 days ago (assured a decision within 10). I've only seen 2 responses from my assessing officer, both to provide additional documents, which I did immediately. Asked for a couple of follow-ups...no response. Don't waste your time and money.

They are good at taking your money with their quick and easy application process but once they do, it seems they stop caring.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Cisco

Thanks Brenden. All sorted now and awaiting settlement, albeit taking much longer than I expected

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Great to hear and I'm sorry the process took longer than expected. I've also sent you a reply in our private message conversation.

D CrowleyCentral Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money and time

Lodged a claim over a year ago and sent the forms numerous times to numerous (a different one every time) customer service people. TID just make things difficult!!! Contacted ombudsman and TID just phoned me so maybe it’ll get sorted - all for $190! (Way less than the policy cost) I would’ve been better off not having insurance, but needless to say, I sure with another company now...

Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi there, sorry to hear of your disappointment with TID. I'll send you a separate private message so I can get a few details to investigate this further for you!
Brenden - Customer Experience

D Crowley

Funny enough... it’s being sorted as we speak!!! Well well well!!!

Extremely slow processing a simple claim

I lodged a claim a month ago and have received just one email asking for more information which I responded to immediately with the required information. Half of the information TID was asking for in the email has already been included in my claim. I think it was just an excuse for them to prolong a decision on my claim.

I DEFINITELY won't be using TID ever again. Covermore is apparently really good which I wish I had known beforehand.

redsax19

redsax19Sydney Surrounds, NSW

POOR CLAIMS SERVICE

Made a claim in early January and was assured that the claim would be completed within 10 business days. Over 10 business days and still waiting. I will give them credit, their Emergency assistance team was extremely helpful and reassuring.

Contacting TID difficult

I have called TID on the 26th to talk to them about a second claim and could not get through, so I used their call back service and still haven't been contacted by customer service team 2 days later

Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Di B.

Di B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

13 policies 1 claim - no payment!

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateSeptember 2019

C.HARBERSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Submitted My Claim, Nov 5 2019, Its Nov21 Now And Have Not Heard From Them

Submitted my claim, Nov 5 2019, its Nov21 now and have not heard from them.
ITS my first claim been using them for long time
claiming for airline ticket
medical expenses
food
accommodation
had chickenpox
called 2 days ago they said someone will call me back, but no one called, called again today could not give me time frame, I could be waiting forever.

Claim DateNovember 2019

date check
January 2,2020
claim still pending

S Golf

S Golf

Great unless you need to claim

Lodged a claim for medical bills I occured in the USA over a month ago. The claims process takes too long as every time they require something further and you privide it, the 10 business day processing period starts again. Was emailed asking for details I'd already provided and so the 10 business days starts again. Have used other providers in the past and never had a claim take more than two weeks. Terrible claims process

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Very Happy

I was happy to know TID insurance was there even though I didnt need it. My trip went smoothly and I was thrilled to spend quality time with my daughter and newest granddaughter. Thanks for being there if I needed you.

Insurance Cover ForAdult

I can't thank TID enough!

Unfortunately my Bali holiday was spent in hospital having emergency surgery on my apendix, i was so worried and emotional , TID staff were fantastic and so caring , they called me often to see how I was doing . thankgod I had full cover, as it was a huge bill. Totally recommended TID, I'll be sticking with them thats for sure.
Thanks again to the beautiful staff that I talked to..

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Excellent service

Wife & I chose TID for our recent trip to South Korea being cheaper than previous policies with Medibank. More importantly for the service they provided our daughter earlier in year who had TID and needed to claim following skiing accident (ruputured ACL) in Japan. TID were excellent at responding in getting medical support, organising her repatriation to Australia paying all costs, business class flight home, medical expenses in Japan and reimbursement of travel & accommodation of used later holiday all the while keeping us in the loop.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Delivered more than I expected

Any insurance is a bit of a gamble, and you only ever really know how good any company is until you have to claim. TID came through and more for me. Had 2 issues from a car hire (tyre repair and low speed collision damage). Not excessively large claims. but both paid out in full and within a couple of weeks of claiming. Great service, and would definitely use TID again based on my experience