4.2

2,539 reviews
Matt

MattBALLINA EAST

Customer 9.5 years - Claim in for 3 Months

Previously happy with TID, as title says long time customer.
But this trip I submitted a claim due to Covid (we purchased cover 14th Jan before any news of pandemic)

Claim submitted in March, 5 emails since but cant get any response apart from we didn't get it, we are busy etc.

Surprised to see the recent reviews of quick response. Was doing a quick internet search to see if they were maybe going under and ended up here at PR and thought you know what, hang sending yet another "are you there" email, they can have a review here on how a customer of 9.5 years has found the service this time. 5 attempted contacts is enough.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Rebecca J.

Rebecca J.Queensland

COVID claim - will use TID in the future

This is the first time I’d used TID after a referral from a friend. Our overseas trip was cancelled due to COVID and our travel agent refused to give us a refund. I had contact with TID throughout the period of waiting on responses from our travel agent. I made a claim with TID and was extremely happy with the outcome. I didn’t submit all the paperwork the first time so had to submit further information and then received our response within the 10 working days timeframe and then received the money the following day. The claims system wasn’t working properly so I submitted screen shots of the claims steps along with all of my paperwork. Will definitely be using them in the future and refer them for travel insurance.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim DateMay 2020

Type of ClaimMedical

SueIppo

SueIppoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Breath of fresh air

What a wonderful experience with TID in difficult times. Not long on hold and get to speak to a consultant. Made a very stressful situation simple. Well done TID you have won my future travel Insurance business.

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Thank you so much for the review! Once you're ready to plan your next trip (when the world re-opens), you know where we are. We also have Domestic policies if you're looking at any Aussie adventures :)

Cheryl

CherylGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very helpful with a claim

I always take travel insurance be it Domestic or overseas .I must admit that it hasn’t always been with TID .Sometimes it has been easier to book through the travel agent if travelling with a group. I did have an annual travel insurance with you at one time,but wasn’t reminded when it had finished so it wasn’t renewed .
I made a claim in February 2020 the first claim I have ever made .I wasn’t familiar with the claim process but I found the help I received from the staff was excellent
They were very patient and helpful.I would have no hesitation in telling friends how happy with the cover and correspondence with your company
Cheryl Longstaff

DestinationAustralia
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateFebruary 2020

No fuss claim process

Purchasing the policy was easy, claiming when things went wrong was also easy, overall a good experience, with regular contact throughout the claim process. Would buy again for my next trip

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Judy K

Judy KSydney, NSW

Covid Chaos

We were booked to travel to UK and Paris but COVID-19 struck and our plans were cancelled.
Our travel agent handled the cancellations and advised us to submit a claim to our travel insurance company, which I did. Once we received the refund from the airlines TID paid a portion of the balance. TID kept in contact with me at all times and were exceptially helpful. At no time did I expect a refund on my policy because we didn't fly because .. duh that's why you pay for insurance. This is my first time with TID but this experience has been positive and I'd use them again. Judy

Margaret

MargaretSydney, NSW

TID offer great cover, especially for snow sports. And their claims handling is super efficient when you need it

I've used TID insurance for many years as they offer good cover and great annual policy value. When I've made a claim they've handled it efficiently. TID's snow sports cover is more comprehensive than other insurers.

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Website down- cannot claim??

Usually am very happy with TID, but I have been trying to make a claim on the website for 10 days now and it continues to show an error message. I have emailed to contact and received no response.

dan

danMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After 10 years as a loyal TID customer, terrible service and transparency.

Brad P.

Brad P.Sydney, NSW

Liars and Cheats

My Pensioner parents cancelled a policy not used because their trip was cancelled by the travel provider & TID refused to refund the premium even though the policy was not used.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Jamie A.

Jamie A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

TID have basically taken money and provided no service.
We took out 2 'The works' policies and 1 month into a 12 month trip were forced to come home due to Corona. TID have advised they will not pause our policies enabling us to use them when travel is possible again and will not provide any form of credit or refund. They have taken full payment, provided 1/12 of the policy and kept the full amount.

Will never use again.

DestinationAfrica
Sue b

Sue bMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So happy with outcome

We purchased the works for our European holiday in August 2019 for a holiday May 2020.
We have been paid for our claim even though it did take a while because of a breakdown in communication. Misplaced documents were resent and within 10 days our claim was settled.
Can’t be happier. Book insurance when holiday is booked is the best practice folks.
Thanks again TID.

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Zero refund ... poor form for no service

We have used Travel Direct Insurance many times and have always been happy with the service however after purchasing the works insurance in early February 2020 for a European trip which was supposed to commence next week (but has been cancelled due to Covid19 restrictions) we have been told by TID that we won’t receive any refund. Absolutely poor form when you haven’t even provided us with any service. Would seriously think about rebooking with this TID insurance ever again.

lil-fifi

lil-fifiMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

8time user very happy!

I have used TID for international travel 8 times now and love it! One trip I was robbed and had to make a claim and the claim process was easy and the staff helpful. During this COVID-19 pandemic they have been beyond accommodating. Cannot recommend enough!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateOctober 2016

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

COVID-19 killed the trip but TID made it okay

Used TID for at least 2 overseas trips a year for many years in the past with no issues setting up and feeling confident with a great value policy. Requested cancellation of policy due to COVID-19 with a special request for refund. Absolutely delighted with outcome thank you. Can only hope the VIRUS is resolved in time for us to do some more travel and guess who we will be insuring with.

Suntanner

SuntannerNorthern NSW

Would give zero rating if possible. Will never deal with TID again.

Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Daniel

DanielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wont refund insurance due to COVID-19 restrictions

Advised today that unused insurance premiums won't be refunded. How can TID not refund insurance premiums when the policy was not used. $$$ paid without receiving a service!!! Hopefully TID can change their refund policy during these unprecedented times.

Peter Rae

Peter RaePerth, WA

Failure To Refund For Service Not Provided.

I purchased the top Travel Insurance last year in August 2019. I requested a refund on my policy 25th March 2020 as my travel had been cancelled due to COVID19 restrictions. Today 28/4/20 TID denied me a refund. So they have taken $396 from me without actually providing a service to me. And now they wont refund.... Appalling business practice and very greedy company. I do not recommend anyone use this company in the future.

DestinationNew Zealand and North America (inc. Hawaii)
M J B

M J BSouth East Queensland, QLD

No credit on insurance for cancelled holiday

DestinationAfrica

Sue b

Sue basked

The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

We started the claims process on March 23rd via post with photo copies of receipts and other requirements.
I have made numerous phone calls and told that nothing had been received. 4 weeks later it was sitting in my login account loaded up with my written claim.
I am frustrated that any communication has been instigated by me and not TID.
Now we are being asked the breakdown charges of a European PACKAGE holiday. I think that 50 percent or more of overseas holidays are packaged . Does the traveller ever know the costs of all aspects of a PACKAGE.
Not happy with the lack of response however the staff taking calls are brilliant.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for reaching out about your claim. I understand that the delays with claims communications is incredibly frustrating and we are working hard to get through the unprecedented volumes of claims and customer service enquires brought on by COVID-19.

I'd be happy to look into this for you further and ask that your claims assessor contacts you. I'll send you a private message to get a few more details.

Kind regards,
Brenden - Customer Experience

Alex D.

Alex D.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

Our cruise has been cancelled due to govt guide line that no ship will depart or enter ports in Australia until 30th June 2020. therefore our trip on the 22nd May until 5th June 2020 has been cancelled due to the pandemic crisis.
A full refund has been offer by the shipping line. We want to cancel our travel insurance before it the insured date arrives. We do expect a full refund as no claim is being made.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your patience during this time of unprecedented global events. We are experiencing large volumes of enquiries due to coronavirus (COVID-19) and are doing our best to support all of our customers.

Regarding the cancellation of your insurance, i'll send you a private message to get a few more details about your policy.

Brenden - Customer Experience

Valerie A.

Valerie A.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

What is happening with regards to refunds and the corona virus.
Do we get refunds on airline tickets, do we get a refund from canceling yr policy?

Hi Valerie,

I understand that you may have been waiting some time to hear from us I’m sorry for the delay but I’m here for you now.

For more information on how coronavirus (COVID-19) affects your policy, please click here:

As this is a constantly evolving situation we recommend you continue to visit our website for the latest information.

Stay safe,