1,670

Contacting TID difficult

I have called TID on the 26th to talk to them about a second claim and could not get through, so I used their call back service and still haven't been contacted by customer service team 2 days later

Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations

Di B.

Di B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

13 policies 1 claim - no payment!

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
C.HARBERS

C.HARBERSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Submitted My Claim, Nov 5 2019, Its Nov21 Now And Have Not Heard From Them

Submitted my claim, Nov 5 2019, its Nov21 now and have not heard from them.
ITS my first claim been using them for long time
claiming for airline ticket
medical expenses
food
accommodation
had chickenpox
called 2 days ago they said someone will call me back, but no one called, called again today could not give me time frame, I could be waiting forever.

Claim DateNovember 2019
S Golf

S Golf

Great unless you need to claim

Lodged a claim for medical bills I occured in the USA over a month ago. The claims process takes too long as every time they require something further and you privide it, the 10 business day processing period starts again. Was emailed asking for details I'd already provided and so the 10 business days starts again. Have used other providers in the past and never had a claim take more than two weeks. Terrible claims process

Very Happy

I was happy to know TID insurance was there even though I didnt need it. My trip went smoothly and I was thrilled to spend quality time with my daughter and newest granddaughter. Thanks for being there if I needed you.

Claim MadeNo

I can't thank TID enough!

Unfortunately my Bali holiday was spent in hospital having emergency surgery on my apendix, i was so worried and emotional , TID staff were fantastic and so caring , they called me often to see how I was doing . thankgod I had full cover, as it was a huge bill. Totally recommended TID, I'll be sticking with them thats for sure.
Thanks again to the beautiful staff that I talked to..

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Excellent service

Wife & I chose TID for our recent trip to South Korea being cheaper than previous policies with Medibank. More importantly for the service they provided our daughter earlier in year who had TID and needed to claim following skiing accident (ruputured ACL) in Japan. TID were excellent at responding in getting medical support, organising her repatriation to Australia paying all costs, business class flight home, medical expenses in Japan and reimbursement of travel & accommodation of used later holiday all the while keeping us in the loop.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Delivered more than I expected

Any insurance is a bit of a gamble, and you only ever really know how good any company is until you have to claim. TID came through and more for me. Had 2 issues from a car hire (tyre repair and low speed collision damage). Not excessively large claims. but both paid out in full and within a couple of weeks of claiming. Great service, and would definitely use TID again based on my experience

Selena

SelenaSydney, NSW

Helpful staff and comprehensive cover for all your travel items

I feel that my insurance is slightly higher than average however the service and the additional item it had covered worth the price. I have not yet lodged a claim however this is the number one choice for whenever I need to buy a travel insurance.

Jeremy

JeremyPerth, WA

No more worries when travelling overseas

Insurance Cover For:Child
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Adrian

AdrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value and service

I have been a customer of TID for several years on multiple trips both for domestic and international travel and would highly recommend them. Their service is cost competitive and easy to use and understand. Both occasions we had to lodge a claim they were dealt with efficiently and fairly.

DestinationAustralia, Europe and South America
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2015

RobynFar North Queensland, QLD

Worse travel insurance company to use

TID are happy to take on a policy year after year and when I actually put a claim in for smashed suitcases and missing jewellery, they suggest it is my fault and do not reimburse.
the whole process of lodging a claim is almost impossible. when receipts and invoices are finally uploaded to the computer or copied on the smart phone, there program does not allow the upload ( even though it does not exceed file limit), so a followup email is needed. the whole lodging a claim took me a good part of the day, which many phone calls to TID, where you were kept on the phone waiting for up to an hour.
A useless business.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Other
Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Robyn, sorry to hear of your poor experience with us. So I can look into it for you could you kindly provide me with your policy number? ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

Robyn

Why bother ?, you are still sending emails ( one today) asking that I get a repair quote on a smashed suitcase .

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

Poor service indeed

DestinationAustralia
Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi there, sorry to hear of your disappointment with TID. Could you kindly provide me with your policy number so I can investigate this further for you? ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

JessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful do not use

Absolutely awful experience. I’ve been waiting more than 20 days for an outcome of my claim.
Average response to emails is 10 days for 1 reply. More than 30 minutes on hold waiting to speak to an operator.

I’m disgusted.

My flight was cancelled for a week trip and because I could not on a flight for 4. Days later I asked Jetstar for a refund and now travel insurance direct are refusing to pay my missed hotel accommodation saying I could have stayed there 3 days. Absolutely a joke!!!!’

Do not use

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateJuly 2019
Jess

Ash is this your correct email address? It says it can’t be sent to this email address????

Jess

I am in the UK and have been trying to contact them for 5 days by phone leaving msgs and callback

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Paul, sorry about that - I've just had another look through my inbox and still couldn’t find your email. If you could kindly resend or just provide me with your policy number via message. Ash

ZacPerth

Just awful to deal with

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019
Zac

Well I did that 6 days ago and didn't get a response. I guess everything is a minimum of 10 days with TID?

Anna02Melbourne

Very slow in communication and processing your request

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why even have travel insurance?

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateJuly 2019
Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi David, sorry to learn of your disappointing claims experience. Can you please provide me with your claim number so I can look into it for you and if need have your claim reviewed ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

Carol

CarolGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Claim process easy and in line with policy

Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateJune 2019

Syd

SydSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing

TID does not cover what you would expect a decent travel insurance would. Plus making a claim is non-responsive, very little of help. GO somewhere else and pay a few extra $.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property