Verifiedamber.com.au

3.6
Rates and Fees

Jamie Illistom
Jamie IllistomSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

think long and hard. no way they are truly cheaper

Communication is ordinary to say the least. No phone numbers. must be done by email. Not good when you have a problem. They messed up my battery settings and that resulted in me having no solar output for over a week.

then the bill was $126 for 16 days, Yet when I was with Origin I was paying $200 odd for 3 months. Its is not worth the hype. I have switched back to another provider Show details

Jenn M.
Jenn M.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Insane price spikes

First month was great, however my latest bill is over $700 for 31 days. Utterly ridiculous. It appears I can afford to have power in my house but not food.
This is with me working from home full time, only washing during the day, dishwasher on overnight.
Completely unreasonable. Show details
Judy
JudySydney11 posts

Saving big time!

Have been with Amber 3 months & my accounts at the end of each month are very pleasing !
I’m saving many dollars each month , thanks to Amber alerting me to hourly prices ,so I can plan ahead when I use my power hungry appliances at a lower price! Big savings!! Thanks Amber. Show details ·  2
Jason W.
Jason W.

Happy customer

I'm very happy with Amber Electric. I'm using the App to see live forecast or notification of price spike. It helps not to charge my EV car or appliances until the right time to charge. Show details ·  1
M Hasan
M HasanSydney, NSW2 posts

Stay away from Amber

My experience with Amber Electric has been quite disappointing. Despite their claims of being the cheapest option available, I have found their service to be quite the opposite. The rates can be excessively high, reaching up to $19 per kW. While the company justifies these charges as price spikes, this issue has become a regular occurrence both in the morning and in the evening.

This consistent pattern of high charges is unacceptable and makes budgeting for electricity costs very difficult. Given these issues, I do not recommend Amber Electric to others. Show details

Tony G.
Tony G.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Do not sign up with Amber

Received my first bill with Amber for the first month. The highest bill I ever had in my life a whopping 676.57 for One month . The highest bill I ever received from Origin was 582.11 for 3 months. We looked at our usage and rates.. how on earth they come up with this I have no idea. I would never go with this company. They have actually tripled my bills -Stay clear everyone Show details
Nikhil Shrestha
Nikhil ShresthaSydney, NSW2 posts

Phuntsho W.
Phuntsho W.

I don't recommend them at all

One of the most overrated Electric provider. At first it appeared to be the best with a live tracking of power usage, but in the end you get hit the hardest. On 8th May, I have been charged $162.91, which is 15.72 kWh, that equals to 1037c/kWh. This something unheard of. Ever since I found their charges, I have tried to get in touch of Amber but to no avail. I don't recommend them at all. Show details
Nate
Nate16 posts

Tim
TimSydney, NSW4 posts

Samantha
SamanthaSydney, NSW

Amber Electric promises the world but delivers very little

Amber Electric promises the world but delivers very little. My electricity bills have not reduced by any significant amount, and the customer service is appalling - the only way to get in contact is by leaving a message, and I've never actually had a return call. So now I'm going to switch back to a traditional supplier after trying to speak to someone for 6 months. Show details
Tim Q.
Tim Q.

Ripping people off

After getting ridiculously charged $2/kw I cancelled Amber after a month. Complained to customer service and there were no staff to pick up the phone. After about a week I received an emailed that basically told me to deal with it.
Absolute rip off. Don’t waste your money. Show details
amy f.
amy f.

Don't go amber

If I could give minus stars I would uncontactable 780 for 1 month bill when I have solar power absolutely DISGUSTING no contact that calls to operator just a voice mail saying we don't have the staff to answer Show details
Amber newby
Amber newby

luke c.
luke c.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Stay away

Charged me $120 for one day then no power for 6 days, they don't answer phones and take over 3 weeks to reply to emails. I got solar and my bills went up because they charged me to feed the grid. Avoid at all costs.
And their charges are actually slightly higher than market value. So that's a lie. Changing put bills up 20% on average. Show details

Grant St Quentin
Grant St Quentin

We have battery and solar and are connected to Amber, can we stop our solar from exporting to the grid remotely?

Grant

Janelle
Janelle

Is bpay the only account payment option available? I have a payment due however I refuse to use BPAY or any other online type of financial transaction. Can I possibly make cash payments at a post office or perhaps the commonwealth bank, as I am aware you are affiliated with the CBA?

Harjot D.
Harjot D.

Why would you advertise Feed in tarrif of 25 cents and only offer 4 cents. Huge difference. I was interested but your marketing seems very misleading.

Luke
Luke

For me the feed in tariff has been -1 to -5 cents from 0900-1500 for over two months. Cancel asap

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now