3.6

190 reviews · Statistics

62% · 11863 · 33%
Rates and Fees
See the Best Energy Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jatich
JatichNSWNorthern Region, NSW3 posts

A breath of fresh air!

Just amazing, from onboarding to affordable bills. I love that I can check when power prices are high or low on the app. Will be recommending Amber to everyone, thanks :-) Show details

Tania O.
Tania O.

Hmmm rather not comment

Although Amber has an incredible vision which a top fan of the concept the CEO will need to establish the administration side of business and have customers service officers to speak too when tribal issues happen via online communication platforms.

Otherwise I am a happy customer who has had a few issues with website . However I am sure in time these glitches will be rectified.
Tania Ognenova Saturday 24 February 2024. Show details

Nat W
Nat W

Zero customer service and incredibly expensive

We switch to Amber for 14 days and our electricity bill was $290! There was no support from any customer service, no call back or emails.

When we quickly changed providers and cancelled our account. Only then did we received an Email from Amber with cautionary notes to watch out for other providers!

Would absolutely avoid engaging in their services. Promises of being a competitive supplier were not supported and our family were left with no explanations or follow up.

Overall a very disappointing and expensive experience. Show details

Michael W
Michael WNSWSydney, NSW

If something goes wrong, don't expect to be able to contact customer service for weeks

Simply can't get through to customer service. Been waiting almost 3 weeks for a reply to an email (and I have followed up a number of times). They just have an automated message saying they are onboarding a lot of customers at the moment so responses may take longer. I get the feeling they roll out the red carpet for new customers but once you have signed up, you have to fend for yourself. If nothing goes wrong the service works well however. Show details
Colin M.
Colin M.NSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Very happy customer

We moved over to Amber with solar and it is saving us a lot as we can see the wholesale prices and adjust when to use power hungery devices like ironing, using the washer and so on.
Then each day we can login and see our power useage it's an awesome way to reduce your power bill.
I have received great support and cannot fault the advice and response I have received. I do know they are busy as our meter installer told me 'they are doing a lot of installs for Amber" They have always replied to all my messages even though sometimes take a bit longer due to them being busy. Show details

Reuben
ReubenVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC8 posts

Good pricing, rapid growth causes teething problems in customer service, but satisfied nevertheless

Connection was fine, pricing is good ($70/month for 1 person), customer service is in catch up due to rapid growth I suspect - but I did get a reply email in 2 days, after a warning that it might take 8 days, so they are onto it. And the email fixed the issue, so maybe give them some time to get things right, because the idea is good. Show details
Noel F
Noel FNSWIllawarra, NSW

Amber is helping the rise of renewable energy!

Amber business model is increasing the % of renewables in the grid. You get financially rewarded for load shifting to the middle of the day when the % of renewables is at its highest! Very impressed. I run my EV for almost nothing by charging mostly in the middle of the day! Show details
Trevor
Trevor3 posts

Great prices and service

Best supplier to date very happy with service and prices Show details
Gopher
GopherVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Concerned

concerned over the price rise when it was 37 degrees went up to $19.96 per kw Show details

Glen G.
Glen G.
Justin L.
Justin L.3 posts

Phil
Phil2 posts

14 Days and no response

It has been 14 days since I emailed Amber, and I have just received a couple of automated emails stating I will be contacted shortly. Definitely not the type of customer service I would expect as a new customer. Show details
Ian.
Ian.2 posts

I believe this is the way control your power expenses!

I was with one of the larger electricity providers on a fixed c/kw rate, but had heard about Amber and was looking at how they may be able to help me, then when I purchased an electric car, the decision was easy, and the change over process was quick and simple! I haven’t got solar yet, but by monitoring the wholesale price of electricity during the day, via the app, I can charge the car and use any other high consumption units at a fraction of the cost, and when my bill comes in it is about the same $ as with the ‘big’ provider, where I was consuming an average of 10kw/day, but now my average consumption has increased to 14/15kw/day, mainly due to charging my new car.
I highly recommend Amber to anyone who wants to save money! Show details ·  2
Tasso P.
Tasso P.3 posts

Horrible service

Don’t bother.
Huge spike in prices throughout the day. Also app not accurate with charging. I had a billing period end and the start of the next month the app already showed $400!!! Tried contacting them about this and got no response. I also got solar installed and overnight my usage charges went up 30%!
Crappy service, crappy prices do not use!! Show details
Amber Electric   DM