• Rates and Fees
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible supplier

The bills for hot water and electricity are inaccurate. The hot water bill is incredibly expensive and unrealistic. Also they forget to send bills on time and their charges make no sense. I get monthly bills for quarterly usage???

Angel

AngelSydney, NSW

Overcharged hot water!! Do not ever move in an apartment with only arc being allowed as energy provider

We are being charged more than $200 per month of only hot water in a 2 bedroom apartment. This is extremely high compared to the other energy providers we have had before. We had no choice but to get them since they are the only energy service provider allowed for that building and I think this monopoly scheme is their technique to take advantage of tenants who have no choice but to pay their unreasonable billings.

VERY DISAPPOINTED I honestly do not know how they sleep at night with this kind of robbery. Had to move out of the unit only after 6 months due to this energy provider since I know more losses will come in the next months.

Stay Away From This Company - Embedded Network Scam

A separation charges on hot water? When I contact them, they say they only charged daily fees on unlimited gas, but they charge the high unit price on hot water, what's the difference?

Find out how Arc Energy Group compares to other Energy Providers

Holds monopoly over the apartment building and horrendously overpriced with questionable readings

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Horrible company over charging fake readings

Charged almost $500 in hot water and gas for 3 months for two bedroom unit where 2 people live, when i called them to ask whats going on they told me to pay it all or have meter checked which costs 150$?? How can my gas bill be more than my electricity. Fraud company, they their reviews on google and putting fake ones here. Stay away.

Milan S.
Milan S.

Issues Clarified (Review updated)

1one395Kingswood

Appalling billing practices

Arc Energy provides electricity, gas and hot water to an embedded network in my building, had this been disclosed prior to signing a lease I would not have done so. In the last year the invoices are received at random intervals, often several months apart. Was recently invoiced 9 months of hot water they had neglected to charge. Prices were "lowered" but the pay on time discount was also decreased so there is no real saving. Rates are higher than other providers.

1one395

I have contacted you already, despite advising monthly billing would occur it's now been 3 months since an electricity bill has been received and no response to my last email.

Mubin

MubinSydney, NSW

Worst

Whoever is reading this review do yourself a favour and do not move in an embedded apartment with arc energy. Me and my husband ve been calling them for months asking for bill, and their so called friendly customer service staff is conveniently giving us false timelines “you will receive the bill by the end of the week” next week” “we will follow up with you” blah blah blah it’s been 6 months and we haven’t received the bill wow what a service!!! It’s time to make a serious complain to the department now

Loz

LozSydney, NSW

Incompetent

Archlegola M.

Archlegola M.Sydney, NSW

Systematic Robbery

Over the top hot water bill. For the first 6 months they only charged supply charge. Sent a massive bulk bill which was ridiculously high. Do not know how to break the news to flatmates. Now they have split the hot water and electricity. I am getting $155 for 1.5 months. I have asked around in the building I live in and they are also getting these unrealistic figures. I do not know how they have been getting away with daylight robbery.

Arc Energy G.Arc Energy Group

Very expensive hot water service

spaceman

spacemanSydney, NSW

Monopoly

I was with these guys when I moved to my first apartment which had embedded electricity.
At the time (2019) their rate wasn't competitive at about 29¢ per kw/h.
The major issue is as an embedded supplier they have a monopoly on my old building. There is literally no choice but to go with them. I did not discover this until I signed the lease (the agent didn't communicate this to me).
This is an extremely anti consumer practice. Some other providers I was looking into when I moved there at the time ranged from 18¢ to 25¢ per kw/h.
They also are constantly inconsistent when they send the bills (they bill monthly, not yearly) and in the instances I had to call them they were a bit unprofessional over the phone

Joe

JoeSydney, NSW

Stay Away From These Guys!!

This energy company has turned into an absolutely scam. They used to be decent but now seem to overcharge by quite a bit. They've split electricity and hot water, so the excessive charges now appear on hot water bill. Stay away.

They delay your bills then 6 months later you will get hit with a massive bill without any consolidation.

Arc Energy G.Arc Energy Group

Since you see Arc on bills you should plan to move out

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Prashan

PrashanSydney, NSW

Do not sign up for this provider

They never send bills on time and when you get bill you get ridiculous amount and going back and forth they fixed one bill.
When I vacated the current home, they sent me huge bill, its a single occupancy and I cant believe the number they sent me.
I paid what is the right amount after calculating with a consultant and Will constantly abused me asking me to send things that are totally unnecessary to finalise the bill.
I have responded multiple asking for a clarification on my bill they have always come back asking for different details and no clarification was provided.
They are a nightmare. Stay away from them.

not happy

very primitive company where i have to ring them to ask them to send my bill and i think the price is over the market and its monopoly and we as a owner dont have any options

Jie

Jie

Much more expensive that other providers, not sure how other people feel they are cheap....

Had moved into apartment which belongs to Arcenergy and the electricity price is much higher than othe competitors in the market. I am not sure if this has already against australia consumer law as we cannot choose other provider.

If you compare the rate with other energy provider in the same suburb, you would find they offer at least 20% higher rate!

By the way, ask their customer service to review the rate and they never reply you with the result, it is been almost a month.

Government should regulate them and get embedded network out of the market as they dont care about customer cost.

Good rates

Pros: cheapest rates, friendly customer service, cool website, no downtime

Cons: The receipt approach seems old school. Its 2019, Get an app so we can pay, and track our past bills.

Amazing customer service

It's been a while since i've actually felt a company have sincere customer service. These guys really do care! I called with frustration from a misunderstanding on my part to which the person on the other line patiently clarified my concerns in a very respectable sympathetic manner. These guys are doing it right!

Affordable & Honest

I called the customer service team to understand the billing system more.. Thanks for taking the time to explain the process to me. So far happy with this company no complaints