• Rates and Fees

Stay away!

Jarrad

Jarrad

Should be shut down

Uses it's monopoly in apartments to charge more than it's competitors. Has 'issues' with its billing system. Won't follow their own complaints process. The company needs to be investigated by authorities.

Awful

Inaccurate and inconsistent billing, long wait times for customer service. I would use literally any other power company if we had a choice. Make sure to check if your building is embedded before you sign a lease. Avoid ARC if at all possible.

Angry

AngrySydney, NSW

DONT EVER USE ARC !!!

I live in an apartment block in Sydney, and I’ve never known what an embedded network is. ARC are absolute scum. We have frequent power outages, for hours at a time. I’ve had to replace 2 full shops. They’ve cut my electricity when I hadn’t received a bill from them after I moved in. They’re expensive. They rip people off. Good luck ever having a $0 balance next to your name. You’ll always be in arrears. DO NOT USE ARC. If you’re looking to rent or buy an apartment make sure that it is not on an embedded network, and that it’s definitely not with ARC. They’re an independent not a retailer, and charge what they please!

Annoyed customer

Annoyed customerSydney, NSW

Arc Energy; same bag as LBNco.. Made a deal with the developer to monopolise consumer choice in the development.

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
yvesdubler

yvesdublerSydney, NSW

Inaccurate invoicing month on month. Customer service extremely poor.

Cusomter service has not returned my emails in 30 days, just wished to pay final bills. Invoices appear inaccurate, charges are not the same each month, ie. sometimes service charge sometimes not. Illustrations of usage for household size don't make sense. Would not recommend!

Unreliable Customer Service

They sent me a welcome package including a direct debit form. I filled it up and 3weeks later,still havnt got a confirmation from them. The debit date passed and I tried to call them why, advised me to set up a BPAY instead and details will be sent thru email. Waited again, no email received and called them after 4hrs, and another Rep told me I need to wait for the firstinvoice to get the BPAY code. You can hear in his voice he is annoyed , but its their fault and I should be the one annoyed! Got no choice as its embedded network. If only I knew before signing the lease! Transcribing a call to email as requested by clients doesnt take long and I dont want to wait for a one-off huge bill to pay! Very irresponsible!

NTD

NTD

Over charged every single month for 11months

I have been over charged every single month since February 2020. Customer service is a joke as nothing they promise ever happens. Sick of wasting my time calling them for adjustments on every single bill. Unfortunately I am locked in to their embedded network otherwise I would leave them. Reconsider moving into any building where arc is the supplier.

Anh N.

Anh N.Sydney, NSW

This is the most ripe off company ever!

My husband and me live in a 1 bedroom apartment. The hot water bill is 387$ for 2 months, which means almost $200/month. I was in the hospital for 10 days and my husband stayed with me. We didn’t cook and didnt used hot water much. I don’t think they even come to check the meter, just give some amount to take money from us. I would rate a 0 star if I could. I will avoid any building which uses arc energy from now. See if they can run a long term business after having so much complaints.

ServicesGas

Roxy R.

Roxy R.

Worst energy in Australia !!

Never received pay on time discount, despite paying them a way head of payment time. For the last 8 months same thing happening and no one cares. Every month I have been calling them and they came up with $30 compensation which is my own pay on time discount what a ridiculous company to deal with.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible supplier

The bills for hot water and electricity are inaccurate. The hot water bill is incredibly expensive and unrealistic. Also they forget to send bills on time and their charges make no sense. I get monthly bills for quarterly usage???

Angel

AngelSydney, NSW

Overcharged hot water!! Do not ever move in an apartment with only arc being allowed as energy provider

We are being charged more than $200 per month of only hot water in a 2 bedroom apartment. This is extremely high compared to the other energy providers we have had before. We had no choice but to get them since they are the only energy service provider allowed for that building and I think this monopoly scheme is their technique to take advantage of tenants who have no choice but to pay their unreasonable billings.

VERY DISAPPOINTED I honestly do not know how they sleep at night with this kind of robbery. Had to move out of the unit only after 6 months due to this energy provider since I know more losses will come in the next months.

Stay Away From This Company - Embedded Network Scam

A separation charges on hot water? When I contact them, they say they only charged daily fees on unlimited gas, but they charge the high unit price on hot water, what's the difference?

Holds monopoly over the apartment building and horrendously overpriced with questionable readings

Horrible company over charging fake readings

Charged almost $500 in hot water and gas for 3 months for two bedroom unit where 2 people live, when i called them to ask whats going on they told me to pay it all or have meter checked which costs 150$?? How can my gas bill be more than my electricity. Fraud company, they their reviews on google and putting fake ones here. Stay away.

Arc Energy G.Arc Energy Group