• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Smooth experience

Had a really smooth experience with AAMI, from the initial claims call, follow up txts and emails, to sorting a rental car while mine was being repaired. They organised Ubers from the repairer to the rental place and back. Even the repairer Capital Smart was very professional. Used to be with Coles, AAMI is far better.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Price increase

They increased their prices $200 this year for renewal.. goodbye AAMI I just got cheaper deal elsewhere..not a nice way to treat your long time members with a massive jump in price for the same car and zero claims.

Choose wisely

Choose wiselySydney, NSW

misleading advertising of rating 1 so beware all you loyal aami customers

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Car ModelHyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Active
Fastcat45

Fastcat45North Western Region, NSW

Great company who have quick response times. Whole family of 5 have all policies with Aami for many years. Recently had to make a claim for the Canberra hail storms and whole issue was resolved within 14days from start to finish.

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Car ModelKia Cerato BD (Sedan) GT

AAMI can not give straight answer and are deceiving

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG S

Hamid B.

Hamid B.Sydney, NSW

Had good and smooth experience

It was good and smooth experience for me. Time manner was long but they extended hire car until my car fixed and booked me taxi from hire car office to my car, generally good

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Ben S.

Ben S.Sydney, NSW

Extremely clunky and buggy website, defective system that gives an error every time i try to view my policy

I've had a car insurance with them for over 3 years now, and you know what, every year after i paid for the renewal, it never sends me a confirmation, and when i login to check the policy, it always gives an error. i had to call them to send me a certificate of currency and the customer service rep told me their system is just buggy like that, and they didn't know why it always fails.

Next year I'm thinking about moving to another insurer for sure.

Niki

NikiSydney

Awesome!

I have gone to other firms but keep coming back. By far the best, most hassle-free when making claims. Great service, no fuss. I've been lucky to be with Aami!

Terrible experience

Most expensive and useless insurer. I have been with aami once last year and toward the end of the term i decided to change to nrma because it’s $1000 more than nrma so i called to cancel. They said i will be charged $38 cancellation fee + no refund for any remaining days.

Car ModelSubaru WRX
Stranded

StrandedSydney, NSW

Terrible road side assitance

Car ModelSuzuki Swift

Angela P.

Angela P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst experience ever

Worst customer service, especially overseas call centre. Extended waits for assessment and very bad repair. My radiator was leaking and no one cared. I had to take my car to SUBARU in the end. I also ended up having to take multiple days off work and they did not compensate for lost time. I was also told over the phone I should be lucky they are fixing my car.... clearly they don’t understand the concept of insurance. The worst customer experience of my life. More like unlucky I was with aami

Erick

ErickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed experience in the progress of claims

I have been with AAMI almost for 10 years - the latest claim was very disappointed and unpleasant experience. Inconsistent information delivered by the customer care officers - they thrown you to here and there officers. Every time I need to mentioned to put notes in the system, so I don't need to explain from the beginning again - and be prepare for long waiting call. It was really unpleasant experience.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Car ModelHonda CR-V RD7

Luvac

LuvacSydney, NSW

No complaints from me

I've been with aami for at least 20 years. All these neg comments are a surprise to me. Had one not at fault with an uninsured driver, my car fixed with no trouble, premiums seem to be reasonable, recently tacked on roadside service because nrma was getting way too expensive, have not used that yet so can't comment.

Car ModelToyota RAV4

Can’t provide appropriate service

I have been an aami customer with all 3 of my cars I recently made a claim for my Mercedes someone hit my door off the hinges Ammi did not tell me they don’t have a Mercedes accredited smash repairer when they took my money they repairers that are ammi approved won’t even work on my car they say it’s best to take it to a prestige car workshop I will be removing all my policies from aami I would never recommend them the catch lucky your with aami is absolute bull nothing lucky about it get robbed and they don’t even have the facilities to provide a professional and proper service for my car

Kanimbla

KanimblaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dodge

Capital S.M.A.R.T Repairs Airport WesT BIG dodgy people Involve AAMI. No phone numbers on his invoice and they don't discussed job done on car plus aamu insurance they tell you today and tomorrow but you never heard from them big dodgy aamu insurance thanks

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Sjlr

SjlrSydney Surrounds, NSW

DO NOT USE AAMI

Called 26/12, assistant advised my request was completed nothing further to do. Called back 30/12, NO action had been taken and was told would definitely be corrected. 10/01 AAMI collects payment on a Cancelled policy, contact call centre only to be told no action has been taken since initial contact, the 'customer service' operator nor a supervisor could refund or cancel policy. Was told I would receive a call back and am yet to hear from them. It's better to pay higher insurance from a from a more reliable and trustworthy company.

hahudson

hahudson

Dodgy Call Centre

A truck reversed into my car. I had dash cam footage. The driver refused to give me his details. But I had his rego and dash cam footage. I reported this to police they found the company that had the truck. I also looked up the rego myself.
Then I got a call from AAMI they said the rego number does not exist and you have to pay the excess. I told them the name of the company the address. The phone number.i asked if the would remove the excess they said no. Because you have not given the name of the driver. Why should I be penalised because someone breaks the law.
I asked to speak to the supervisor. I got some Indian putting on an English accent. I could not believe it.

Claim DateDecember 2019

Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not go with them

Was with them for my car insurance over 4 years !! Till I realise this is way too expensive ! Disgusting over priced ! Yet they offer you discounts because I was good a driver funny enough they bump up the price of the insurance and claims no claim discount ! The jokes on you guys Ive changed for a better place budget direct !

Car ModelPeugeot 3008 P84

If I could give less than 1 star I would

The absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Every time you call there is a different story as to why a hold up has occurred that completely contradicts the previous story you have been told.

I've had the unfortunate experience of fighting a 10 week battle where they have been nothing but road blocks to me. Will never use them again and will be warning all others to avoid.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Emma

EmmaNorth Queensland, QLD

Good insurance, keep coming back.

I've switched back to AAMI after living in NT (with TIO Car insurance) for 3 years.
Able to get a competative price for an under 25 driver and free roadside assistance for a year.

Very easy to request a quote and all handled thru email and the website.

2016 Mazda is covered for agreed value of $21,600 with a $600 excess and yearly $686.61.

Much cheaper than other insurers for young drivers.

Would recommend.

Claim MadeNo
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback)