• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
Douille

Douille

Poorest of the poorest customer service

Mistake after mistake over my claim.
Rude customer service.
Always giving excuses to justify their lack of professionalism.
I realised being just a number to them, but as long as you pay !!!!
Never ever experienced this before
They have removed all humanity in their company.
Go everywhere else except Aami

Sharon

Unethical compnay

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft

Awful

I had just a little accident about 7 weeks ago, AAMI's taken my car but it's not ready to collect yet. Whenever I've called them, they just simply said next week. Definitely, I'll switch to another one ASAP.

Claim DateMarch 2020
WSK

WSKNortheast, VIC

Is this company going to survive?

Have been with AAMI for over 10 years. Car severely damaged several weeks ago and getting no response to repeated enquiries about the progress of the claim. According to the website the claim was approved weeks ago.

Claim ApprovedYes

Was once a good service but sadly no longer

After claiming for writing off car in early Feb, I was made to pay the excess up front. Since then I have had no contact from them as to when they will payout my claim. When I call their claims dept they say I have to speak to the "Total Loss department". No one ever answers the phone but apparently my call is very important to them ... haha. I have emailed them - no response. Written to their complaints - no response. I'm getting worried, Its starting to feel like they have cash flow problems ?

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf
Justin Hilton

Justin HiltonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Try any other company

I have 5 policies with this company (2 house and contents, 2 cars and a caravan) and my car insurance policy just went up significantly with no claims on any policy ever. When I called in the hope of getting some loyalty in return was given attitude and told I had a claim on a hot water service on one of the houses - untrue. I made an inquiry about it but wasn’t paid out. Have always paid policy’s in lump sum. Got better prices at CGU and GIA and will be moving all policies. Give them a miss! High prices, rude service and no loyalty to existing customers.

D Parekh

D ParekhGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unexplanable Hike In Premium

Car ModelMazda CX-5
Frustrated

FrustratedPerth, WA

Dont end up paralysed on life support

If you are in an induced coma, paralyzed from the neck down and on life support they still expect you to phone their customer service dept. Never in my life have I dealt with a company and its investigators with such little comprehension of what families go through in this situation. Total lack of compassion and empathy. They have been no help what so ever 3 weeks in from our son being in this condition.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Chan t.

Chan t.Perth, WA

Aami -efficient, quick and wonderful service

I have been with many insurance company in my lifetime . I must say AAMI have been nothing but amazing . Both times I was in minor car accidents, I had no trouble getting my claims . It was so simple and quick ! They even offered Uber service to and from home. So thank u once again from the bottom of my heart AAMI.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019
oscar

oscarPerth, WA

Making a written of claim. Poor communication and no follow up

My car had recently had an accident and I make a claim with them. I took my car to their suggested repair center the next day they told me they had to transfer it to their own repair center. After that there has been no communication from them. I had to call and found out that my car has been escalated to be written off with no formal communication from them. I call again after a week and was told to either to call there written off team or wait 10 to 14 business days. Its been 3 weeks and I still could not reach there written off team as there is a await time of 1 hr and you have to tired of waiting. Still chasing them terrible service on.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Car ModelToyota Corolla
Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive

Paying $130 a month for comprehension car insurance, I have contacted 5 other companies offering me insurance at half the price of what ammi is offering. Over the years ammi have just upped my payment and lower the amount I get back! No customer loyalty at all.

Car ModelFord Focus

Don’t go there. Worse insurance company

Terrible company. No ethics . They don’t care about customers. They are only focus on their business. I had the worse experience with them. Poor communication, poor service and no customer focus. All they want is your money. Don’t go there . They ruined my life. I don’t have space to describe the whole history but can garantee this is the worse insurance company in Australia.

Peter A.

Peter A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still Waiting after 3 weeks for my write off payment!

My car was written off by aami in 6th Feb after hail damage. Aami advised they would call within 3 days and ask for bank details. After no call in 12 days I called them and gave my details on 19/02. It’s now 25/02 and I’ve had no call, no payment. Not good enough aami, you were quick to take my payment of the excess, and to tell me there was no refund on the unused portion of my 10 day old insurance premium. Pay up now please.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Car ModelFord Fiesta WP
Jess H.

Jess H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not at fault but you will get all the blame

Car damaged by another car, provided details as per agreement, told I needed to obtain more information from the other driver every time
I spoke with AAMI. Evaluator disagreed with damage.

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Smooth experience

Had a really smooth experience with AAMI, from the initial claims call, follow up txts and emails, to sorting a rental car while mine was being repaired. They organised Ubers from the repairer to the rental place and back. Even the repairer Capital Smart was very professional. Used to be with Coles, AAMI is far better.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Price increase

They increased their prices $200 this year for renewal.. goodbye AAMI I just got cheaper deal elsewhere..not a nice way to treat your long time members with a massive jump in price for the same car and zero claims.

Choose wisely

Choose wiselySydney, NSW

misleading advertising of rating 1 so beware all you loyal aami customers

Car ModelHyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Active
Fastcat45

Fastcat45North Western Region, NSW

Great company who have quick response times. Whole family of 5 have all policies with Aami for many years. Recently had to make a claim for the Canberra hail storms and whole issue was resolved within 14days from start to finish.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Car ModelKia Cerato BD (Sedan) GT

AAMI can not give straight answer and are deceiving

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG S