Real Car Insurance

Real Car Insurance

Easy and professional service every time

I’ve been with real insurance for over 10yrs now with both car and home insurance. Lodging a claim was quick and easy. They worked through the whole process with me from start to finish.

Claim MadeNo

12 years of excellent service!!

We have held a number of Real Insurance policies over 12 years. Nothing is a bother. All telephone staff are always friends, helpful and accommodating.
I would highly recommend Real Insurance.

Car ModelPeugeot 2004 206 Cabriolet
Claim MadeNo
Hi Janine, Thank you- that's great news! We are delighted to receive positive feedback and very happy that we have provided great customer service to you over the past 12 years and we hope for many more to come! -Angela

Terrible communication

Been waiting nearly a month now for my Total loss claim. Very poor communication and have to wait 1-2 hours on the phone to only be told that i will have to wait longer for the team to assess the claim after I have sent all the documentation. No one has called me and have dad to follow up with every step.

Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Absolutely crap car insurance company

Most unorganised and pathetic car insurance company in Australia ....You think they'll look after you and your car when you make a claim for an accident but they don't. They tell you something else and do something else. And they don’t call you at all, you have to call and wait an hour to speak to someone if they don’t hang up on you.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone to go with them. Pay more and find someone better.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelChrysler 300C (2005-2011)
Claim DateApril 2019
Hi Shaim, We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad claims experience with us. If you would like us to look into this further for you, please private message us with your claim number and contact details and we will get a Claims Manager to give you a call. Thank you AngelaHi Angela, after spending 1 and a half hours on the phone today and waiting for someone to answer, demanding to speak to a manager we were told we would receive a call back from your total loss area which did not occur. The team leader in your claims area didn't even bother to get on the phone but contacted Peta the team leader of total loss and had your claims rep pass the message. At this time we are waiting on Peta to call us back after reviewing our case. If messaging you will result in faster resolution then we can supply the information. Every communication made has been initiated by us, every update given or found out has been a result of us contacting. Even down to contacting your towers and Manheim where Real sent our car. The fastest response we have been given is the response to this feedback. We are totally shocked by the lack of concern and customer service we have experienced. As a result 4 of our family members have this week canceled their policies with Real. There is nothing Real about the service we have encountered.Hi Shaim, please send us a private message with all your details. I will pass this on to the Team Leader of Total Loss and ensure you are contacted as soon as possible. - Angela

Spoke to someone in South Africa!

So I just got off the phone with 'Brian' which I didnt believe it was his real name. The call was the weirdest I'd ever made to any call centre. Whilst talking to 'Brian' the background noise was soooo LOUD! It was other people talking in the background so loud it was like they were on the phone call with us...then the people in the background were laughing so loud I could barely hear 'Brian' so I told 'Brian' I can barely hear him because of the background noise and he proceeds to tell me it's because they're very busy tonight on calls LOL of course I told 'Brian' they're not on calls and it sounds like a party inthe background which 'Brian' totally ignored my statement and gave me the quote of car insurance I was after. I then asked 'Brian' if they're based in Australia and he said 'no! We're in South Africa' then he asks me for my bank details which I didn't give as I began to become hesitant to do any business with this 'Brian' as I was worried it was a bogus company. If Real Insurance want to pull up my call it was made from Sydney Australia at 1759 today 14/05/19 and it was for a comp. car insurance quote for a Kia Grand Carnival 2009 Quote no. 241713390. It was the most unprofessional call centre I've ever had to deal with.

Claim MadeNo
‘Hi, Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Yes we do have a team who supports our customers that are based in South Africa and help provide us with options such as greater availability to customers and additional people to support. Our primary goal through this is to ensure that customer experience is maintained as the priority. We will provide this feedback through coaching to the team and to the person who answered your call. Thank you Angela

Pathetic service!! No response on either email or call for more than 3 weeks!!

Its been more than 3 weeks after the assessor has told me your car is a total loss and some one from the claims team would contact you. I have written several email, called up multiple times but unfortunate to not have a single response. This is pathetic service!!!!

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelToyota Corolla E150 (2007-2012)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Morten, Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing. I would like to escalate this for you, can you please private message me your policy number together with your best contact and I will arrange for a Claims Manager to contact you. Kind regards, TessHi Tess, Please confirm after you receive my pvt message and if you need more information Regards, Morten

Great value for peace of mind

This is my true experience with real insurance and I’ve not been solicited or paid to give this review.

I’ve been with real insurance for 4 years now and I’m very happy. Every year I get my insurance renewal letter I ring up and speak to a customer service staff to make sure and negotiate the best value and policy for my mums car. Always at the end of the call I’m happy and have peace of mind because the customer service staff empathises with me and ensures we get the best coverage and policy that suits our needs. Good to have road side assistance there was an incident where the car battery died it was good we got that service. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend real insurance. We’ve gotten very good value and service every year.

Car ModelHyundai i30
Claim MadeNo
Hi Ninadc, Thank you for your amazing feedback on your experience with our team. It is a pleasure to hear that we can provide you suitable cover and peace of mind for your mums car. We appreciate you leaving such a great recommendation. Kind regards, Tess

Everything I want.

At the time of taking up your quote it was better than most of your competition and set up time was minimal. Yes one not at fault claim resolved in one day. Approx 10 years, never asked for Roadside assist

Claim ApprovedNo

Great insurance company

I have been with Real for 4 years. It was easy to set up and when calling to change details staff were always helpful and courteous. Actually got premium reduced. Win/win.

Car ModelToyota Ascent sedan 2010
Claim MadeNo
Hi Nise, What a great review. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a positive experience on each contact with us. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Tess

Not Good Enough

I have been waiting for three days for some acknowledgement firstly that i lodged a claim online and secondly for someone to contact me, hours on a phone listening to a recording does nothing to give me any confidence with this insurance company.Not

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Mathew, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that your claim hasn’t been acknowledged and you haven’t been contacted. I would like to arrange for a Claims Manager to contact you and discuss your claim. Can you please private message your policy details and I will have someone contact you shortly. Kind regards, Tess[Policy Number Removed] 2013 Holden Calais V VF 4 Door Sedan, Automatic [Numbers Removed]Hi Mathew, Thank you for providing those details. I have now passed these on and someone will be in contact shortly. Kind regards, Tess

Pathetic payout after no fault car write off

How long is too long for a claim to be paid after my sons vehicle was written off with a no fault claim. It has been 6 weeks and still no word as to progress. There was a police report and charges to be laid against the other driver. Apparently the car was towed to a yard that does not do repairs and therefore could not prepare a quote as requested. A real insurance employee suggested they could tow it to another yard...1600 klms away, go figure. As his policy was to expire the following week after the accident he was told to pay for the next year as the claim becomes dead when the policy lapses. On the two occasions my son has phoned re the claim he has been placed on hold for no less than 30 minutes each time. Therefore he can not take the time out of work to make any further calls and is waiting on Real Insurance to contact him.
I only hope that something is done soon to allow him to purchase another vehicle plus get his present 1 year payment reimbursed in full.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
We're sorry to hear this. Please send us your son's policy details in a private message and we will forward them onto a Claims Manager who will be in touch with him shortly. Regards TessI will attempt to contact him this morning, as a doctor he is often hard to contact. He was not aware of my communication as he is far more patient than me.Hi David Thank you for your response. Please send us your son's policy details in a private message and we will forward them onto a Claims Manager who will be in touch with him shortly. Regards Tess

real good for the money

yes very easy to set up
I hope to never lodge a claim
15 Months
excellentI did not have to wait very long for help to arrive and I was on my way onec more

Car ModelMazda Tribute 2003

Comprehensive car insurance

Good value insurance product & always positive engagement by staff. Straightforward claims process & mostly easy to contact claims staff. Premium is keenly prices with all the benefits and claim items I need.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Hassle-free car insurance!

I have found Real Car insurance to be low cost, easy to set-up and as straightforward as car insurance can be! The customer service is excellent and they aim to please.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelFord Fiesta WS (2009-2012)

Always a pleasant experience

I felt my policy was very good value, I had a reduction on my insurance because of where my car was parked.
Setting up my policy was made easy and worked out thoroughly.
When I had a car accident I was looked after with respect, and courtsy because I was upset that I had crashed my car.
I have been with Real insurance for over 10 years and have always been satisfied with my policy.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim MadeNo

Far better than any other comprehensive car insurance I've ever had in the 50 years I've had car insurance with others

Policy was great value, often half the premium from others. In the first 3 years I had 3 claims - where others were at fault. Excellent claim service. Best policy ever.

Car Model2007-2010 Saab 9-3 Convertible
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Bad service

I’m with insurance for long time and have two cars policy, fist time claims and bad experience took almost three weeks but not resolved the problem yet,if I call they take massage but never call back..

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHonda Civic MK8 (2006-2011)

Extremely poor customer service

I have been with real insurance for approximately 3 years now and have had comprehensive car insurance. I recently had an accident and made a claim. The vehicle has been written off and was collected from me seven days ago. It has been one week now since the car has been collected and I have had no communication from real insurance what so ever. I have left a message with my client manager everyday for the past seven days and she has not returned my call once. Not to mention everytime I call the 131948 number I have been put on hold for approximately one hour each time. This is very poor customers service. I need to sort out a new car asap and real insurance have not given me any indication on how long it will take to finalise the claim. When I get my new car I will seriously consider using a different insurance provider that has a better claims process.

Claim MadeYes
This is ridiculous. Still no returned call. How hard is it to return a phone call.I still have not been able to speak with my client manager. Continously goes to her voice mail and I leave a message every time and she has never returned my call once. Apparatly no one else there can talk to me. Surely somone else knows what is going on.formal complaint lodged with real insurance. It has been six weeks since the lodgment of my claim. There has been no indication of what they are doing and how long they will take. This whole experience has left me very disatisfied with real insurance. Never again.

Woolworths do not reward repeat customers

12mths ago took out Woolworhs Car Ins. Weeks before renewal sent three emails with no response so 3 days prior called & advised them NOT to take direct debit until emails were answered. Days later Woolworths debited my account but still no reply. Called again & they asked what have we done wrong? Finally an email saying I had 14 days cooling off and that this was "the best quote at present". So I searched online & funnily the exact same inclusions with WOOLWORTHS was $53 cheaper. Called again & their response was yes it will be cheaper online cause you do not have a GSO involved, Moral is that Woolworths DO NOT reward repeat customers so shop online each renewal.

Car Modelmazda CX-3
Claim MadeNo

Real are unreal. Rates were below what I expected.

I have been with Real for over 6 years and their rates are were than what I expected. Arranging insurance for my new car took about 5 minutes.

ProductPay As You Drive Insurance