Real Car Insurance

Real Car Insurance

Extremely poor customer service

I have been with real insurance for approximately 3 years now and have had comprehensive car insurance. I recently had an accident and made a claim. The vehicle has been written off and was collected from me seven days ago. It has been one week now since the car has been collected and I have had no communication from real insurance what so ever. I have left a message with my client manager everyday for the past seven days and she has not returned my call once. Not to mention everytime I call the 131948 number I have been put on hold for approximately one hour each time. This is very poor customers service. I need to sort out a new car asap and real insurance have not given me any indication on how long it will take to finalise the claim. When I get my new car I will seriously consider using a different insurance provider that has a better claims process.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim Made:Yes
This is ridiculous. Still no returned call. How hard is it to return a phone call.

Woolworths do not reward repeat customers

12mths ago took out Woolworhs Car Ins. Weeks before renewal sent three emails with no response so 3 days prior called & advised them NOT to take direct debit until emails were answered. Days later Woolworths debited my account but still no reply. Called again & they asked what have we done wrong? Finally an email saying I had 14 days cooling off and that this was "the best quote at present". So I searched online & funnily the exact same inclusions with WOOLWORTHS was $53 cheaper. Called again & their response was yes it will be cheaper online cause you do not have a GSO involved, Moral is that Woolworths DO NOT reward repeat customers so shop online each renewal.

OK
Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car Modelmazda CX-3
Claim Made:No
Book AgainNo

Real are unreal. Rates were below what I expected.

I have been with Real for over 6 years and their rates are were than what I expected. Arranging insurance for my new car took about 5 minutes.

Car Insurance and Home Contents Insurance

I have been a customer of real for the last 10 years and each time I have need assistance the customer service has been fabulous. Have never had an issue with having car insurance claims paid and when asking some specific questions regarding home contents insurance these were answered professionally and in easy to understand language. Cannot praise the phone customer service officers enough, they make the purchasing of insurance easy and a painless process. Highly recommend the Insurance products available. I obtain other quotes but always come back to Real Insurance.

ProductCar Insurance-Home Contents Insurance

Real insurance Real happy

A small problem ( My fault) was fixed promptly and an email saying so as requested good, would definitely recommend my new insurer (real insurance)and happy to do so.

Superb offers

Not a long time but still satisfied by this time . Hope you guys will maintain this service . Thanks

Insurance claim madeNo

Terrible to getting claim no after logead online clim

I call many time and they giving different answers and after making call in customer care its take 1 hours to connect representative and they giving not proper solutions and making ascuse

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Roshani, we are disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience with us. We aim to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service possible and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes. If you would like, please send us your contact details in a private message and we will have a Service Manager call you shortly.

Worst car insurance company

I had comprehensive car insurance from real car insurance company , my friend told me don’t take the policy from real car insurance they are not good but however I decided to go with them because they were cheap in the market and I saw heaps good reviews on the website.
But 2 months ago I was involved in a car accident and I was not at fault now it’s been more than 2 months and I am stilll waiting for the partial payment from my car. Every time I call customer service they tell me new story every time I would highly recommend to other go with expensive insurance company so that if something goes wrong they can cover you . Best of luck who still want to go with real .

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, we are sorry that we were unable to help you this time. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions outlined in our PDS mean that not all items are covered. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please send us your policy details via a private message and we will have a Claims Manager get in touch with you shortly.

Excellent in every way possible

I have been with Real Insurance for quite a few years now and also their roadside assistance. My car has broken down a few times and Real Insurance roadside was always there to help me with my frustration of braking down on the road with professionalism and friendly customer care.
I will recommend Real Insurance to everybody. You can’t go wrong with these guys.

Insurance claim madeNo

Very very bad, only good after ombudsman!

My repaired car paint started to fade and peel after 4 years. The 'Real' PDS says lifetime warranty on car repairs as long as you still own the car (which I do). But I called twice and they said its only if I am still insured with them (which I'm not). When I proved that to be wrong (I quoted PDS) they then said they have no records of my claim and I have to prove it happened. I had proof of having a policy but not of that claim. They did everything possible to avoid honouring my warranty!!! After 4 weeks of calling them, going through their complaints process and not getting call backs - I finally stated that I was going to review them on line and that I had now contacted the ombudsman. Suddenly, I got a call back and was told "We have just found your original claim" The car is now fixed - but after weeks and weeks of phone calls and them telling me untruths! I do not like dishonest companies!

ProductComprehensive Car Insurance
Hi there, sorry your had a negative experience. If you need any further assistance, you can email our Internal Dispute Resolution Committee at resolution@hollard.com.au or call the Internal Dispute Resolution Committee on (02) 9253 6600. Please let us know if we can assist any further. Thank youHi there, we have responded to your second review and welcome any additional feedback you may have.

This company is a thief, just watch out people!

My car policy was expiring so they sent me a renewal policy. In the meantime, they also asked me to update my payment details. When I told them that I no longer would like to be with Realinsurance, they mentioned that I can cancel the policy at any time and get my money back!!! On the actual renewal date, I made a phone call and cancel the policy and asked for a refund since they took the premium out of my credit card!!! They say that they cannot refund me because they cannot see the transaction on their system! After calling multiple times, they told me to send them a screen shot of my credit card transactions so they can initiate the refunding! Now after 7 days gone, they just told me today that I need to wait 7 more days to get my money back! This is what I call modern robbery! Stealing people's money and holding on to it for 2 weeks while I have to pay interest on that! The most terrible company on earth. People avoid them at all cost!!!!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Aryan, sorry to hear you had a negative experience. If you could please send us your policy details in a private message we will look into this and hopefully resolve this matter swiftly for you.

Best Insurance company ever!

Been with Real Insurance for 12 years. Having made car insurance claims with Real Insurance and others, Real Insurance made a difficult time easier with friendly, fast, efficient service. Won't insurance with anyone else.

Worst Insurance Company

This is the worst insurance company ever when making a claim. I would never insure with this company even if they were offering free insurance. difficult to deal with when a claim is made, do not call back as promised and very slow to pay out on claims. Save yourself the grief in dealing with these people do not under any circumstances insure with this company.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi George, we're sorry to hear this. We will forward your details on to a Claims Manager and ensure someone gets in touch with you shortly. Could you please send us a private message with your policy details?

Terrible claim process

I bought the insurance 6 months ago and I involve in an accident recently the claim process is terrible could take up to 4 to 5 months as the customer repersentive told me. All I can say is it terrible I will never go with this company again Next time I pay more to NRMA but the service will be 5 star... buy not coming back to this company

Insurance claim madeYes
We're sorry to hear this. We will forward your details on to a Claims Manager and ensure someone gets in touch with you shortly. Could you please send us a private message with your policy and contact details?

Too difficult to contact

Real Car Insurance is a budget insurer and it shows. This year, for the first time, I took out Third Party, Fire and Theft. I do not recommend this type of insurance to anyone who does not have a beat-up wreck. They seriously undervalued my car when quoting cover (yes, I should have checked for myself) and then when I was involved in a multiple car accident, they were less than helpful. You phone, and are put on hold for so long that you give up. If you do manage to get through, their front line of responders know absolutely nothing. Occasionally you can manage to talk to someone with some real knowledge, but it didn't happen to me more than twice during the whole saga. They kept telling me that if I'd taken out comprehensive insurance they could have helped me better - true, but not at all helpful.

If I'd known beforehand how useless third party only insurance is in a multiple smash when your car is a write-off and the driver behind you is not insured, I'd never have taken it out. I've had to fight other insurance companies myself (don't believe the myth that the person right at the back of a multiple care smash is necessarily responsible); organise lawyer's letters and put up with my wrecked car blocking my back yard for months on end. No doubt other insurance companies' third party policies are similar.

I found it hard to find someone useful to talk to and very difficult to find the information I needed. It was almost as if you had to know the right questions to ask before you'd get any help. I've never been in such a serious accident before, and didn't know anyone who had. No one seemed to know what to do. A nightmare.

Insurance claim madeYes
We are sorry that we were unable to help you this time. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions outlined in our PDS mean that not all items are covered. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please send us your policy details via a private message and we will have a Claims Manager get in touch with you shortly.

How to lose long term customers.

After about 6,or 7 years with Real Insurance, had to leave due to excessive premium increase, more than 30% year on year, with no claim during the period. Calling them and querying the increase gave no satisfaction and was told, in similar terms. "like it or leave", so I left. The ridiculous thing is, I got a much cheaper premium price for the same cover, full comprehensive with the same excess, from Australian Seniors, who, oddly, are part of the same company. how stupid is that? A loyal customer, turned away by one trade mark, only to be maintained by another trade mark sibling. Lunacy.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Alan, sorry to hear this. In most cases, a premium increase is the result of underwriting changes. We hope you are satisfied with your policy with Australian Seniors Insurance Agency.Hardly the point is it? If the 9ncrease was due to the underwriter, why the lower premium from the same source?

Worest Insurance Company Ever

We have been with this company for years. Our car was stolen and burnt out. This Friday will be 9 weeks. We have supplied everything they have asked and my partner was interviewed for 4.5 hour and myself for another hour. Everytime we call them to ask what's going on our case manager is never available and they will call us back which takes anywhere up to 4 days. Once the police found the car burnt out we forwarded their report and GPS coordinates to the insurance company where they picked the car up bit didnt know where they towed it to. Took another 3 weeks to refind??? It was been the most stressful both emotionally and financially thing we have experienced. Avoid these guys.

Insurance claim madeYes

Great customer service, competitive premiums

Great costumer service, bought policy online and got good discount even with road side assist and car hire, when you contact them you will have a fast response on the phone and any update to your policy will be made with no fuss. Tried different companies over the years but real insurance has been the best so far, so we transferred all our insurance policies to them, keep up the good work.

EXPECT THE WORST HOPE FOR THE BEST

They take your money then when you make a claim you deal with another company. They make you download an app and take pictures so they don't have to send out an assessor out. Then the tradie comes out and finds a heep of faults and says "why didn't an assessor come out?".Then an assessor comes out and on and on it goes. In the mean time your claims advisor tells you everything you want to hear but nothing happens.Never again

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Johnny, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We'd like to look into this further; could you please share your details with us? You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance thanks.

They are not paying

I have lodged a claim almost 2 months ago, and my car was declared a total loss. Soon I received an email saying that they would pay me the full amount as per my contract.
After a month, despite my continuous calls, they kept telling me that the manager was on a meeting and that he would call me straight after, but this never happened. Everytime I called, at least 5 times, I've been told the same thing and just a bunch of lies. They are clearly trying to avoid me or / and avoid paying me.
I would never insurance my car again with this company and would recommend you to stay away from it.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Carlo, we're sorry to hear that you have had this experience with us. We'd like to look into this further so we can make sure this is resolved for you; can you please share your policy details with us? You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance thanks.