Real Car Insurance

Real Car Insurance

Pathetic payout after no fault car write off

How long is too long for a claim to be paid after my sons vehicle was written off with a no fault claim. It has been 6 weeks and still no word as to progress. There was a police report and charges to be laid against the other driver. Apparently the car was towed to a yard that does not do repairs and therefore could not prepare a quote as requested. A real insurance employee suggested they could tow it to another yard...1600 klms away, go figure. As his policy was to expire the following week after the accident he was told to pay for the next year as the claim becomes dead when the policy lapses. On the two occasions my son has phoned re the claim he has been placed on hold for no less than 30 minutes each time. Therefore he can not take the time out of work to make any further calls and is waiting on Real Insurance to contact him.
I only hope that something is done soon to allow him to purchase another vehicle plus get his present 1 year payment reimbursed in full.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
We're sorry to hear this. Please send us your son's policy details in a private message and we will forward them onto a Claims Manager who will be in touch with him shortly. Regards TessI will attempt to contact him this morning, as a doctor he is often hard to contact. He was not aware of my communication as he is far more patient than me.Hi David Thank you for your response. Please send us your son's policy details in a private message and we will forward them onto a Claims Manager who will be in touch with him shortly. Regards Tess

real good for the money

yes very easy to set up
I hope to never lodge a claim
15 Months
excellentI did not have to wait very long for help to arrive and I was on my way onec more

Car ModelMazda Tribute 2003

Comprehensive car insurance

Good value insurance product & always positive engagement by staff. Straightforward claims process & mostly easy to contact claims staff. Premium is keenly prices with all the benefits and claim items I need.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Hassle-free car insurance!

I have found Real Car insurance to be low cost, easy to set-up and as straightforward as car insurance can be! The customer service is excellent and they aim to please.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelFord Fiesta WS (2009-2012)

Always a pleasant experience

I felt my policy was very good value, I had a reduction on my insurance because of where my car was parked.
Setting up my policy was made easy and worked out thoroughly.
When I had a car accident I was looked after with respect, and courtsy because I was upset that I had crashed my car.
I have been with Real insurance for over 10 years and have always been satisfied with my policy.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim MadeNo

Far better than any other comprehensive car insurance I've ever had in the 50 years I've had car insurance with others

Policy was great value, often half the premium from others. In the first 3 years I had 3 claims - where others were at fault. Excellent claim service. Best policy ever.

Car Model2007-2010 Saab 9-3 Convertible
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Bad service

I’m with insurance for long time and have two cars policy, fist time claims and bad experience took almost three weeks but not resolved the problem yet,if I call they take massage but never call back..

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHonda Civic MK8 (2006-2011)

Extremely poor customer service

I have been with real insurance for approximately 3 years now and have had comprehensive car insurance. I recently had an accident and made a claim. The vehicle has been written off and was collected from me seven days ago. It has been one week now since the car has been collected and I have had no communication from real insurance what so ever. I have left a message with my client manager everyday for the past seven days and she has not returned my call once. Not to mention everytime I call the 131948 number I have been put on hold for approximately one hour each time. This is very poor customers service. I need to sort out a new car asap and real insurance have not given me any indication on how long it will take to finalise the claim. When I get my new car I will seriously consider using a different insurance provider that has a better claims process.

Claim MadeYes
This is ridiculous. Still no returned call. How hard is it to return a phone call.I still have not been able to speak with my client manager. Continously goes to her voice mail and I leave a message every time and she has never returned my call once. Apparatly no one else there can talk to me. Surely somone else knows what is going on.formal complaint lodged with real insurance. It has been six weeks since the lodgment of my claim. There has been no indication of what they are doing and how long they will take. This whole experience has left me very disatisfied with real insurance. Never again.

Woolworths do not reward repeat customers

12mths ago took out Woolworhs Car Ins. Weeks before renewal sent three emails with no response so 3 days prior called & advised them NOT to take direct debit until emails were answered. Days later Woolworths debited my account but still no reply. Called again & they asked what have we done wrong? Finally an email saying I had 14 days cooling off and that this was "the best quote at present". So I searched online & funnily the exact same inclusions with WOOLWORTHS was $53 cheaper. Called again & their response was yes it will be cheaper online cause you do not have a GSO involved, Moral is that Woolworths DO NOT reward repeat customers so shop online each renewal.

Car Modelmazda CX-3
Claim MadeNo

Real are unreal. Rates were below what I expected.

I have been with Real for over 6 years and their rates are were than what I expected. Arranging insurance for my new car took about 5 minutes.

Car Insurance and Home Contents Insurance

I have been a customer of real for the last 10 years and each time I have need assistance the customer service has been fabulous. Have never had an issue with having car insurance claims paid and when asking some specific questions regarding home contents insurance these were answered professionally and in easy to understand language. Cannot praise the phone customer service officers enough, they make the purchasing of insurance easy and a painless process. Highly recommend the Insurance products available. I obtain other quotes but always come back to Real Insurance.

ProductCar Insurance-Home Contents Insurance

Real insurance Real happy

A small problem ( My fault) was fixed promptly and an email saying so as requested good, would definitely recommend my new insurer (real insurance)and happy to do so.

Superb offers

Not a long time but still satisfied by this time . Hope you guys will maintain this service . Thanks

Insurance claim madeNo

Terrible to getting claim no after logead online clim

I call many time and they giving different answers and after making call in customer care its take 1 hours to connect representative and they giving not proper solutions and making ascuse

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Roshani, we are disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience with us. We aim to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service possible and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes. If you would like, please send us your contact details in a private message and we will have a Service Manager call you shortly.

Terrible rip off.

I recently got an email from these guys advising of the new terms for my car insurance. What a joke!
So, the initial sum insured back in November 2016 was $22000 with Base Premium of $658.26
November 2017 - a "thank you" letter for being their customer who made no claim, and as a way to thank me for being good they increased the base premium to $919.98 AND LOWERED sum insured to $18972. A 40% (FORTY PERCENT!!!) increase in payments!!! Back then, they said that it was a "necessary price adjustment to cover up natural inflation" or some sort of cr*p which I don't bother remembering.
November 2018 - a Groundhog Day with a "thank you" letter for being their customer who made no claim, and as a way to thank me for being good they increased the base premium to $1070.98 AND LOWERED sum insured to $16752. Well, it looks like the Australian Government was doing pretty well in the last financial year with the inflation rate of only 16.41%. Oh, hold on a second - the inflation in Australia in the last 11 months was only about 2% according to Australian Bureau of Statistics!
So, in the last two years the market value of my car dropped nearly 6K, but the base premium has increased by 63% - I wish I had my own insurance company. The basic excess, by the way, stayed the same in those two years - $800.
Likely, I have not made a single claim to these people so I have no idea how good or bad (I'd assume they are rather bad) they are with sorting that kind of things out.
OK, enough typing - I am off Googling a new insurance company.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Tim, in most cases, a premium increase is the result of underwriting changes. If you would like to send us your policy details we can arrange for a Service Manager to get in touch with you to clarify this matter.

Worst car insurance company

I had comprehensive car insurance from real car insurance company , my friend told me don’t take the policy from real car insurance they are not good but however I decided to go with them because they were cheap in the market and I saw heaps good reviews on the website.
But 2 months ago I was involved in a car accident and I was not at fault now it’s been more than 2 months and I am stilll waiting for the partial payment from my car. Every time I call customer service they tell me new story every time I would highly recommend to other go with expensive insurance company so that if something goes wrong they can cover you . Best of luck who still want to go with real .

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, we are sorry that we were unable to help you this time. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions outlined in our PDS mean that not all items are covered. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please send us your policy details via a private message and we will have a Claims Manager get in touch with you shortly.

Excellent in every way possible

I have been with Real Insurance for quite a few years now and also their roadside assistance. My car has broken down a few times and Real Insurance roadside was always there to help me with my frustration of braking down on the road with professionalism and friendly customer care.
I will recommend Real Insurance to everybody. You can’t go wrong with these guys.

Insurance claim madeNo

Very very bad, only good after ombudsman!

My repaired car paint started to fade and peel after 4 years. The 'Real' PDS says lifetime warranty on car repairs as long as you still own the car (which I do). But I called twice and they said its only if I am still insured with them (which I'm not). When I proved that to be wrong (I quoted PDS) they then said they have no records of my claim and I have to prove it happened. I had proof of having a policy but not of that claim. They did everything possible to avoid honouring my warranty!!! After 4 weeks of calling them, going through their complaints process and not getting call backs - I finally stated that I was going to review them on line and that I had now contacted the ombudsman. Suddenly, I got a call back and was told "We have just found your original claim" The car is now fixed - but after weeks and weeks of phone calls and them telling me untruths! I do not like dishonest companies!

ProductComprehensive Car Insurance
Hi there, sorry your had a negative experience. If you need any further assistance, you can email our Internal Dispute Resolution Committee at resolution@hollard.com.au or call the Internal Dispute Resolution Committee on (02) 9253 6600. Please let us know if we can assist any further. Thank youHi there, we have responded to your second review and welcome any additional feedback you may have.

This company is a thief, just watch out people!

My car policy was expiring so they sent me a renewal policy. In the meantime, they also asked me to update my payment details. When I told them that I no longer would like to be with Realinsurance, they mentioned that I can cancel the policy at any time and get my money back!!! On the actual renewal date, I made a phone call and cancel the policy and asked for a refund since they took the premium out of my credit card!!! They say that they cannot refund me because they cannot see the transaction on their system! After calling multiple times, they told me to send them a screen shot of my credit card transactions so they can initiate the refunding! Now after 7 days gone, they just told me today that I need to wait 7 more days to get my money back! This is what I call modern robbery! Stealing people's money and holding on to it for 2 weeks while I have to pay interest on that! The most terrible company on earth. People avoid them at all cost!!!!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Aryan, sorry to hear you had a negative experience. If you could please send us your policy details in a private message we will look into this and hopefully resolve this matter swiftly for you.

Best Insurance company ever!

Been with Real Insurance for 12 years. Having made car insurance claims with Real Insurance and others, Real Insurance made a difficult time easier with friendly, fast, efficient service. Won't insurance with anyone else.