Ace Rental Cars

Ace Rental Cars

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ace Rental Cars

Ace caused me immense pain

Disaster

Booked a car for three days, tried to book shuttle on arrival in Melbourne,, web link didn’t work, phone just recorded info and no way to order shuttle. Even got diverted to Hertz. By the time I caught a cab ($25) to the off-airport site, the office was closed.
Therefore no car. No message to me.
Left in the rain with 2 kids. $100 cab fare and no rental car.
Thanks Ace.
You won’t see me again.

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Left standing!

Booked a car and pick up followed instructions on arrival (on time) rang twice rang out my son rang a second number supplied as I rang again he got no answer I somehow got diverted to Hertz the guy had no idea how that happend but he told me to return to the terminal and helped me with one of their cars never again!

• Incentivised Review No
Ben C.
Ben C.

RentalCars.com and this company are running a scam

Arrived on time in the Sydney airport and was at the shuttle spot at 12 Saturday.. called immediately as the instructions state - no answer … 12 calls later and 8x voice mails I find that they shut at 1 - too be then told too bad you didn’t follow the terms and conditions…
Rentalcars.com also refuse to credit you and just play games and completely lie

deano

First and last time

Harry
HarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad experience in Gold Coast

My family had a very bad experience with this company in Gold Coast. Upon arrival in the airport I found out that they do not have an office inside the airport and they will take you by a free shuttle to their depot to collect the car (that is why they are cheaper). Up to here it seems not too bad but be careful since their office is closing before 4pm and then there is no one there to pick you up and nobody answers the phone.
If you want to start a good holiday do not use their service.
At the end after 1 hour waiting for their shuttle, we had to take an Uber and pay an extra $70 to get to the hotel. After more than one month still I have not received any proper reply and no refund!!!

Bek
BekSydney, NSW

Terrible shuttle service

Waited 40 minutes for the shuttle that still didn’t show up to take us back to the airport. Ended up having to catch a cab to arrive to the airport on time.

Nothing wrong with the car or pickup , apart from it not being at the airport.

Man behind the service counter was rude upon drop off and not helpful at all. Will never use this service again.

voltron1124
voltron1124Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware - they'll leave you stranded if 15 min late

Our flight was slightly late, called them 5.40pm to get the shuttle. They refused, saying and left us stranded saying they close at 6pm. Attitude was "sorry not my problem". They claimed they tried to call me however I had no missed calls and no voicemails and no texts. The worst customer service.

nang c.
nang c.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worse car rental in Australia - don’t waste your time

Spent 5 hours trying to cancel my car rental booking. Bouncing from one office to another. All we wanted to do was to cancel our rental due to Covid in Qld. Right now we cannot cancel our car rental at all because they don’t know how to give our refund back. I don’t know how a company like this do not have a process for cancellation? There is no email address to complaint and there is no management for us to speak to either. What painful process. Please don’t ever book with them!

Danielle-Dee G.
Danielle-Dee G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

fantastic customer service from ace rentals Sydney Airport. With great information about tolls to finding me at the airport when they discovered I had left my phone behind when returning the car. Will use again.

Kerry Rose
Kerry RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Local people lovely but Woeful Service from start to finish -Lost booking, incorrect car and overcharged

They lost our booking TWICE. 5 Emails to get confirmation resent as the online system failed to send it.
I confirmed the car day before and STILL car was not there when we arrived so we were given a minivan in poor condition. Terrible driving and hard to park. THEN charged an extra 6 days as someone forgot to book the vehicle back in. Proof has now been sent three times showing our return flights out of Cairns as per our booking and been ignored totally on the over charge.
Never again

Charged $55 to my card a month later with zero explanation

I have had a terrible experience with this company. Firstly the lady who initially served my girlfriend and I had a seriously poor attitude about her but it's not something I was originally prepared to review on.

What has got me really fired up is that they are actively storing my credit card details over a month after the rental has passed and they decide to charge me $55 with zero explanation. No email, no phone call, nothing.

I find this extremely unprofessional and it accurately reflects the stance of the business in the attitude of the woman we first spoke with. They don't care about their customers.

Absolute trash.

Laura
LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not only a ‘budget’ car rental company, but lazy and horrible service too.

Tijana O.
Tijana O.Perth, WA

I’d give them zero if I could