Lynda Waiheke

Lynda WaihekeMid North Coast, NSW

Go with the Top Dog deal and you just can't go wrong

Customer service is ok. Not super fabulous but perfectly adequate.
The vehicle was different to what we had 'booked or similar' but was a really great car with only 16000 kms on the clock. It was a beautiful car to drive - holden equinox.
Picking up the car at the international terminal in Sydney and returning it there couldn't have been more simple and painless.
We love that there is zero excess so nothing for anyone to get angsty about on returning the car.
Have rented form these guys before with the same happy outcome. If redspot is available where we're going, we'll choose them above anyone else. Good job!

Vehicle TypeHolden Equinox EQ
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Craig

CraigCanberra Central 2601, ACT

I wish I read these reviews before renting from this Company.

Vehicle TypeSubaru Forester
Sophie

SophieSydney, NSW

My first rental experience- and it was great!

Great service on arrival at Brisbane Domestic.
Nice new Hyandai Accent 2018.
Together we went over the small damages that were already present and told “not to worry”. The service agent was positively lovely.

Paid a cheap price for a full fuel tank on return. Was charged a reasonable fee (about $1.30 extra) for each of the tolls I passed through. Returned with empty tank, a lot of dust. No dramas. Easy drop off, within seconds all done, at Brisbane International. Invoice and closed rental agreement returned in about 10mins. Excellent service!

Vehicle TypeHyandai
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle
Ben

BenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripped off

I was told I would be charged $4.40 per litre for fuel if I didn't return the vehicle full of fuel. Pricey but fair enough - at least they told me. I decided to go with that option anyway since I wasn't driving far and the nearest service station was well out of my way. I drove the vehicle 25 km while I had it and Redspot's invoice confirms that. The car was a Hyundi Accent automatic. These apparently get 6.6 L/100 km. So I used 1.65 L of fuel, which should have cost $7.26. But they charged me $23.67 for fuel, i.e. the cost for 5.38 L. Its not big dollars but its just a scam and I bet they do this all the time.

Vehicle TypeHyundi Accent

lennyk

lennyk

Unethical. Shameful customer service. Opportunistic

I rented a car from Redspot in July 2019. There were no incidents or damages during my rental. On return, their representative claimed there was damage to the windscreen. There were small (<2mm) punctate etchings in the glass, not clearly visible from the driver's seat. I asked them to send me photos from the driver's seat, an independent review and evidence that this was a 'roadworthiness' matter. They ignored all of this, but charged $1,100 to my card for a windscreen replacement. I've noticed that they do not comply with the 'Fair Wear and tear guide' of AFIA, of which they are members, hence my comment that they are unethical

Tea L.

Tea L.Sydney

Not great for drivers under 25 and on their Ps

Customer service was ok. Staff didn't acknowledge until I started the conversation.
Had to cancel my reservation on the spot (no cancel fees so that was ok) and there were hidden surcharges on my reservation as a provisional driver and under the age of 25 despite making previous enquiries on the prices via email which I provided my details prior to the reservation.

Julian

JulianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy Beware!!!

Janey

JaneySydney, NSW

Extremely Poor Customer Service

Once again I find myself having a negative experience from the Red Spot team at Potts Point! Today another unauthorised transaction was taken from my account weeks after the rental car has been returned without prior notification or warning as requested several times. Their team member Diana used the excuse of not being authorised but unwilling to speak to the person that is authorised. This company and branch are extremely difficult to deal with and are not solutions focussed. I would not recommend any rentals through this company! I have found other providers to have far superior customer service and communications methods.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX
CTS

CTSSydney, NSW

Worst Customer Service Experience Ever

Indre

Indresydney

contradictory advice, no refund

i phoned to ask if there was any refund on an early drop off. I was told there was. i had the car for 2 days instead of 4 due to family illness and the car wasn't being driven. Wasted my time plus my return lifts time driving the car to the Newcastle Airpirt to be told they don't do refunds.
I still don't know who I booked with as paperwork says Redspot but there is no signage for Redspot at the airport. Attendant at counter did not elaborate on who I booked with either. Not even after asking for directions from information to find Redspot counter. I am furious I left my dying mothers bedside for no reason.

Melanie V

Melanie VFar North Queensland, QLD

The worst experience I have ever had

Customer service was terrible, we booked through Jetstar and it made things even harder. The car we booked was not available and we were not refunded any money for a smaller vehicle just told to deal with it. The car on the outside was filthy and embarrassing to drive! The extra charges were ridiculous, if you go over extra kms they charge you an extra $40 + the kms. DONT waste your time. Would rate -10 of possible.

Alice

AliceAuckland

Hold of full excess of $3871.17 for wing mirror damage

We returned a car at Hobart Airport with a crack wing mirror on 11 January. Red spot charged us full excess of AUD3871.17 for it. We were advised once the repair bill is received, the remaining fund will be refunded to our credit card. We have been emailing and calling last two weeks to chase the repairing bill, surely the wing mirror would not take long time to change. However they replied us that they have not received the bill. Today the claim department even hung up my phone. I was shocked by their rude attitude. Clearly this company try to hold our full excess as long as they can. We want our money back!!!!!
Customer service? None payment handle? rip customer off, will be customer again? Never

Poor Customer Service and unacceptable delay in providing car

I will not use this company again. From rude staff to not having the car booked. This caused a very long delay before they downgraded me to a small car that I wouldn't be able to fit my family. I had to argue and cause a scene before I was provided an upgraded car. The event caused me emotional stress and made me miss an interview in geelong. Unacceptable.

Peter

PeterCanberra

Never again

RedSpot and subsidiary Alamo failed to provide pre-booked car on 27 December and have not returned deposit since this time. Apparently cars were not available for us or other pre-booked customers. The bigger issue was that at no time were we forewarned ahead of arriving. This put our holiday plans in disarray and after losing a full day trying to contact RedSpot by phone (another whole story of wasted effort and frustration) organising another car at significant additional expense we have still not heard anything from RedSpot either apology, reimbursement of our deposit or details on claiming expenses. Unprofessional, disorganised and completely unreliable.

Denno

DennoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Make Sure To Check Your Bank Details !!!

I was just checking my bank account details when I noticed $200 held as a bond had not been put back onto my account, on calling Red Spot Hobart. They told me I lost it because I called them about a puncture I had in the city.
So RedSpot sent RACT to fit the new tyre. Customer Service Zero
Stars Zero
Care Factor Zero
Car Ordered Zero
Was A customer. Now NOT

Flight delayed - cancelled reservation

Terrible company and customer service. Our flight was delayed but Redspot felt it was fine to cancel our reservation and rent our car out to someone else. Didn't try to help, just said "it is what it is". Thankfully the folks at Thrifty were able to help us out, they were great!

Venkata

VenkataSydney

This is Perfect for Provisional Drivers

All the major car rental companies are allowing the user to book a vehicle without asking for licence types(provisional / Full). Once the user goes to pick the vehicle then they check the licence and cancelling the booking if user holds a provisional license.This is really bad. If user is informed about licence restrictions prior to booking, user can plan accordingly.

What I liked most about Redspot is they will allow provisional drivers to hire a car and process is simple and quick.

Their customer care is really awesome, I have experienced this in Melbourne Tullamarine airport.
Big Thumbs Up for RedSpot.

Redspot SixtRedSpot Car Rentals

Pike

Pike

Zero systems at this joint

Wait in line for 1 hour, only 4 people in line when we get there. 20 minutes to process a "pre-booked" car only to be told we must wait another 45 minutes for the car. Watching the staff working through the bookings is a joke, soooooooo slow, nothing is easy, nothing quick. Why the hell do you even have online booking if you basically start from scratch when at the booking desk?! Seriously Redspot, is this your first day on the job? Place $1000 bond, be surprised if I see that again!

Dave

Dave

Redspot hates business customers..takes them for granted..

As a long standing business customer I am disgusted with the service received yet again yesturday at Melb airport. ..time after time my car is NOT ready...paper work is never ready as it should be and this company constantly looses my drivers licence and credit card details..
Spoken to numerous duty managers over the past couple of years and they each keep rehashing the same excuses (LIES)..
I am sick of being taken for granted by this company as they clearly don't value loyal regular customers...
Enterprise member # 830527946

Reg flinnGold Coast

Buyer beware never again

Advertised cost per day $26.90 actual $47.25 with commissions. Add full insurance $100.90 per day. Add petrol plus road tolls and their commission again and you are not getting a car for the advertised amount. So they insure the vehicle and then charge me the equivalent of 12 months insurance based on what I pay for my home car for just four days use. Be careful what they advertise is not what you get.

Never again Allison