Ann

AnnPerth, WA

Book with confidence

I was repeat customer hired car for personal use whilst visiting family from interstate, customer service was excellent airport pickup was fast and friendly and vehicle was upgraded without request very happy and would certainly recommend

Nick V.

Nick V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheap and not nasty

Excellent shuttle service from Brisbane Airport with no down time or extra cost. Car supplied as per order online. Staff were friendly end efficient. Far better option to rental companies at the airport given the savings of circa 50%

Brad

Brad

Excellent Company

Excellent vehicle, clean and well maintained. Staff are friendly and professional. No issues with bond payment. Vehicle very fuel efficient. Booking process was hassle free. Would definitely use East Coast Car Rentals again.

Chris

ChrisSydney

Opening hour 9am in Gold Coast is ridiculous

Service is very good, staff is friendly, as a regular customer it's a breeze.
However: I booked online for a 7:30am rental. Didn't really check details on the confirmation page, which was automatically changed to 9am (as it only opens 9am), so I didn't notice. had to wait 90 min at Gold Coast airport for the shuttle.
It is ridiculous to open at 9am when flights come in early and all other rental companies have shuttles much earlier. I lost 1 1/2 hrs of my precious time

Laima faiz

Laima faiz Sydney, NSW

Great customer service

I would like give 5 star it the car rent was cheap and plus customer service great special from Lynn book from Reservation Till end of our car rent we had great customer service and the car was great to

cyberchick67

cyberchick67Beaumaris

Very easy process

Hired a car for a 2-night visit to the Gold Coast. They picked me up from the airport in the shuttle and took me back again. I would use them again!

Helen Welsh

Helen WelshFar North Queensland, QLD

Everything was excellent

Service and car were brilliant like the fact they take photos of the car with you and email them .. everything ran smoothly from pick up to drop off thanks William

Stress free

Everyone from the person who picked us up from the airport and dropped us off. To the people in the office and having the car ready. Car was presented well and made our holiday stress free. Thankyou very much and I will be using east coast car rental again. Cheers

East coast car rentals is a must for all travelers.

The customer service was very good and prompt service provided on arrival and departure.the price was excellent for the vehicle we used compared to the opposition offers.the only downside was the car we were expecting was different but not a big deal at all.

Easy Friendly Car Hire

I will use these guys again. Helpful Quick pickup and reliable Car. Very good. Arrived to pick us up within 10 mins. Helpful driver as we asked a few general Q on our way to pick up the car.

Mahmud Hashan

Mahmud HashanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Splendid Service!

Great customer service with a pleasant attitude! The vehicle was quite nice and clean at a very reasonable price with no hidden cost. I was really happy with the shuttle service as well. Strongly recommend it to others.

Tony

TonyFar North Queensland, QLD

Good value for money

Bus drivers not so friendly. Could do with some customer service training.
Rental agent on pick up was excellent. Just the sort of person you want to encounter at the beginning of a holiday. Friendly and efficient.
I ordered a Mitsubishi Eclipse SUV. I was supplied a MG SUV. The quality of the MG no where near as good as a Mitsubishi. The vehicle was in good condition and clean.
The pick up and drop off process was easy. Good value for money. The rental companies at the airport were in some cases double the price.
As I had purchased my own insurance and did not use theirs I was charged a bond of $1000 which I thought was excessive.
Overall I was satisfied with the experience.

Good service

Customer service was great, booking was easy, shuttle from airport was quick to arrive and not a long way. Return process was easy. I didn't have any issues that might have needed resolving, so I can't comment on any experience with claims or anything else, but as a straightforward booking, the process was smooth and efficient.

Manal

ManalSydney

Excellent service

Excellent service and vry comfy. Strongly recommend to rent your car from this company. They are so reliable. The receptionist was nice too. Tge procedures are so easy and helpful

Monica Stevens

Monica StevensHunter Region, NSW

Excellent service with great rates!

Customer service spot on and friendly. SUV in excellent condition. What you see online is what you get. Pick up and drop off service from airport very efficient. Champion service!

Pasavet

Pasavet Southwest, VIC

Great service and friendly

Picked up the car at Tullamarine airport, staff very nice and when dropped the car off staff was even nicer. Great customer service and the car very new and clean. Love the unlimited kilometres that others car rental doesn't offer.

KateB.

KateB.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Nice & easy

pick up the Toyota corolla rental car in Hobart office just outside Hob airport- pick up by complementary bus service . All nice & easy. Only I wish the Office is open early then 9 AM. Lots of flights leaving early morning , you maybe need to call a taxi to get to the Airport.

Great Company to deal with

Great customer service. It was prepaid so no problems. Vehicle was exactly what we were expecting. Insurance was a bit pricy, but gave peace of mind. Used for holiday get around.

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Staff are very good
Pick up location in Adelaide not very clear
Car was great suv
Easy to do business with friendly service
Return and drop off to airport is fine

Marg

MargMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good rental

Check out and check in was an easy process.
Car was clean and reliable
Was surprised with the expensive excess and extra insurance cost
We were upgraded to a slightly bigger car which was good
Had a Corolla which was fuel efficient
Car was hired for a holiday along the Qld coast
Shuttle to airport was quick and convenient
Would like to have had a screen to display Google maps

aquitania

aquitaniaasked

Anyone picked up from Melbourne airport using the shuttle? Any specific info regarding this location?

Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

To answer your question Angela, the daily rate for Damage Cover varies depending on the length of your rental and whether you want to reduce your excess from $4400 to $385 or $4400 to $0.00. On average though around $20 - $22 per day. Two other things to consider also. If you are booking through one of our online agent partners as opposed to direct through our own website or call centre these agents also sell their own competing products. That's fine we would rather a customer travel in one of our cars covered for damages than not. However they are typically more expensive than our own cover options and because the cover is with a third party instead of us direct we will still need to take a $1000 security bond before releasing the vehicle. Taking our cover negates the need for a $1000 bond. Also if there is major damage to the vehicle we reserve the right to take the full excess from your nominated credit card and return any remainder to you once the vehicle is fixed. If you have cover sold by an Online Agent you would go back to them to claim monies needed to repair our vehicle.

Jason W.

Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

Get an answer from our members and East Coast Car Rentals representatives