- Yes (1,474)
- No, I received a worse vehicle (93)
- No, I received a better vehicle (423)
Excellent service, car available on time.
Insurance was very expensive but this is the only negative from a great service
An efficient service well delivered
It was difficult for us to hire a car on this particular day: all the 'Big Names' were unable to oblige. East Coast Car Rentals produced an excellent car and we were happy.
We drove from Melbourne to Adelaide over four days and were fully satisfied with the car.Show details
Wouldn't hire from east coast ever again!
I booked and paid for car hire and accommodation in FULL through expedia, when we picked up the car, they wanted an extra $400 + to reduce the insurance excess to zero.
There was NO mention of any extra cost in the forms that I had to fill out online. It's makes it very hard when working to a budget and they through this at you at the last minute.
The car they gave me was the most uncomfortable peace of crap I have every ridden in. (MG Alpha)
The staffs and service were amazing! Will definitely book my rental car here again!Show details
This is perfect, I will only use Eastcoast car rental.
My driver Terry is outstanding. Terry is the most wonderful person.Show details
A great service and price.
First time using East Coast. Great service, staff and price. Will return for sure.Show details
Friendly, informative staff - easy to book - good service. Terry excellent
Great rental car
Easy pick up and drop off. Car performed well and was very clean. Staff friendly and helpfulShow details
Very good service
I arrived at airport. And made a call to local depot they made sure i was picked up with cases. To get car..on arrival I was given the chance to upgrade back to the original car MG and NOT THE KIA PICANTA ..I AGREED. A PRICE FOR THE DURATION OF MY HOLIDAY.
I PAID A NO DEPOSIT. Also including FEATURING A FULL insurance cover.. covering everything.
Paid over 970.00 auds..on my card.
The only thing they could not do was to take off my payments made to you prior to picking up car... so I had to pay in full .on the day.
You are investigating my refund of prior insurances of over 170.00 pounds sterling.. I look forward to my refund.
Great service - friendly and simple
Good process, great service and good price. We were very happyShow details
Couldn’t ask for anymore they were great to deal withShow details
Pick up from Cairns Airport was perfect.
Was directed to shuttle pickup, no waiting and then to rental depot which is onlt 4 mins away. Great service on picking up vehicle. On returning vehicle was then transferred back to Airport.Show details
Car rental with professionalism
I always choose East Coast Car Rentals when they are available. Their service is professional and friendly, prices very competitive and the cars are clean and modern. Highly recommend.
Way easier than the big guys at the terminal
Easy transfer away from the hubbub of the terminal. Quick and easy pickup and dropoff of vehicle. Prompt transfer to and from base to terminal and vice versa.
First time in electric vehicle and briefing was first class.
Va para Portugal!
Good service and depot was easy to access
Overall I experienced good service and found the Depot was easy to access with no parking problems.Show details
Questions & Answers
where do I send my complaints to Email address please
If I take out the top insurance do I have to
Leave the 1000 deposit on my card
I will be hiring the car in cairns QLD and I live in Mackay QLD
Im looking to return my car at 6-6.30am (office address , 3 Karana street, Tugun, 4224) where most likely its after hours.
do i simply follow the instructions on my voucher?
" Customers need to park the car outside the office, lock the car and slide the key under the roller door"
Get an answer from our members and East Coast Car Rentals representatives
- Drivers can make an instant online booking after inputting their details on the company’s website.
- In some instances, East Coast Car Rentals offers free-pick up to transport customers to their rental offices (where they pick up the car). For example, there are courtesy shuffle services from airports to a nearby rental pick-up location.
- The rental services are available to licensed drivers aged 21-80 years old, with a young driver’s surcharge for drivers between 21-24 years old.
- East Coast Car Rentals have a wide range of cars in their fleet to choose from. You can choose from a range of electric vehicles, hybrid cars, compact cars, full size cars, SUVs, utes, minivans, minibuses, and more.
Points of praise
- Overall, renting a car from East Coast Car Rentals was described by thousands of reviewers as a hassle-free experience. Many stated they’d either used this car rental company more than once, or would use them again without hesitating in the future.
- The quality of cars in the fleet was high, and typically suited to driver’s needs. Cars were in good working condition, as well as clean and comfortable.
- Excellent customer service was combined with an all-round efficient and professional service that respected customer’s needs.
This year East Coast Car Rentals have driven away the competition to earn a 2023 ProductReview.com.au Award for Best Car Rental Service, taking out the Award for the third time. Customers were most appreciative of East Coast’s smooth booking process, and their friendly and efficient customer service.
|Category||Direct Car Hire|
|Hire Vehicle type||Cars and Vans & Trucks|
|Hires To||International Licences, P2 Licences (Green Plates) and People aged 21 - 24 yrs|
|Locations||NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS and VIC|
|Airport Shuttle Service||Yes|
Contact info for East Coast Car Rentals
- ABN: 33129240268
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.