4.6 from 5,599 reviews

5,599 reviews

Prompt friendly service

Email updates of changes to hire were prompt and accurate.
The vehicle, a Camry, was spot on for short touring through Adelaide Hills.
Counter staff were very friendly and helpful
would definitely use the company again

Michael Hicks

Michael HicksSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy customer

I was very happy with the service i recently received when i rented their car. I was very happy with the car and the service i received when i returned.

Vehicle TypeHATCH BACK
Debby Bush

Debby BushSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value for money

Apples

Apples

The pickup to and from airport was prompt and efficient. The collection and rerun of vehicle was too easy. The vehicle was ready and waiting the staff were friendly and effocient

Michael W.

Michael W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Customer friendly

Customer service was first class. I had walked 5 km to pick up my car and was greeted and offered a drink of water as soon as I entered the reception area. Customer service was very good, car was clean and exactly what we booked. Return experience was thorough but quick and friendly.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great experience each time with this company

Customer Service very good. Payments all went fine,knew what I was paying. Vehicle was great to drive and handled roads great. Vehicles used for tripping around Port Douglas and Cairns, very economic on petrol. This is only my 2nd time using a rental in Australia and happy with the price and state of the cars. Will be back. Thank you

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Price entrapment practices, Rip Off taking advantage of Covid19 situation. not recommended!!

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals
Mathew M.

Mathew M.South East Queensland, QLD

Great company

great staff, good recent cars, and attitude and the pricing was the best that I found online after alot of research and the customer service team were very friendly and helpful and made sure my needs were met

Craig

CraigSydney, NSW

Hassle free car rental

I can’t say enough about East coast car rentals , having used both the Gold Coast and Cairns airport branches in the last year , easy to book and pay online , Insurance waver option is good and inexpensive which allows you to drive the car relaxed knowing that you don’t have to pay thousands of dollars should an incident occur on your holiday , prompt pick up and drop off in their shuttle bus , great customer service and well maintained vehicles and best of all no bogus charges when you return the car , we will Definately use East coast car rentals Again on future holidays and highly recommend them

Vehicle TypeKia Rio

Shocking customer service

Picked up car in Cairns , the lady at reception desk was so rude and intimidating when we didn’t want her waiver insurance . They even had a $1000 bond held on our credit card . Stay well away from this company !! Very poor customer service .

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals
Kevin
Kevin
Greg andersen

Greg andersenFar North Queensland, QLD

They are so rude better word is pigs

Hired car from them for a week they were so rude ask for $1000 bond but you dont get it back for 28 days or if I did not want to pay take out highest car insurance what a joke
When returning car I walk in first the the woman said your late should have been back at 11.30 guess what I was not due back till 3.30
Don't hire from them there just rude the woman with red dark skin u should get a job at rspca because u talk to customers like dogs

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Ignis
Bree N.

Bree N.South East Queensland, QLD

unbelievable - $1,000 security deposit!!!! For being first time customer.

East Coast Car Rentals – do not provide them your credit card number

Christine

ChristineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst customer service imaginable

Their attitude towards my daughter and myself when collecting the car after a communication glitch between them and the Flight Centre was shocking. No care factor for us at all

Jodi Y.

Jodi Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

Unfortunately we were dissapointed with our vehicle on our latest rental, we are regular customers and never had any issues on several previous occasions, however the vehicle we were given this rental had several marks and dents with high kms and didn't appear to even look like a rental vehicle.
Transfer to and from the airport was excellent.
Unfortunately we were a little late returning the car and when l rang to let them know we may be 30min late she then replied "they may decide to charge you for that" when we arrived back we were rushed out the car and into the bus immediately!!

neederman

needermanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect

Can not fault East Coast car rentals. 16 days around Tasmania without a hitch. Team was fabulous and efficient. I highly recommend this company. Drove us to the airport immediately.

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Ignis
Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

125,000 kms new or near new

The company advertises “Quality Cars All of our rental vehicles are of new or near-new models .....” picked up a car this morning smelly, unclean inside, sounds like a noisy axle & with 125,000 kms on the dial, me thinks not even near “near new”!

Traveller W

Traveller WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simply good prices and services

I have hired from East Coast multiple times without a hitch always found them to be obliging and helpful,cars in good condition and shuttle service as prompt as I expect for all the whiners about the pick up remember it’s a shuttle service not a personal taxi I consider myself as good a driver as the next person but I always pay insurance without crying about it because accidents can happen if it does and you take the risk,pay the price.If you take insurance with East Coast and are unfortunate enough to have an accident you deal with them if insurance is with a 3rd party you have to wait for reimbursement from that provider

Excellent service and experience

I was extremely pleased with the service I received at the Hobart Airport. The staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant.
Their flexibility allowed me to effortlessly make changes on my reservation.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

No problems, but still would not rent again. Read why...

Angela C

Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

Jason W.

Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

Nina P.

Nina P.asked

Hi - i would like to hire a car for the day from your Melbourne downtown office as we are staying at the Pegasus Aparthotel. Do you have after hours drop off or if we park at the hotel overnight can we drop off easily in the morning?

Get an answer from our members and East Coast Car Rentals representatives