East Coast Car Rentals

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by East Coast Car Rentals

Leslie
LeslieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will use again

Customer service was great ,the bond and other payment were handled well. Car was clean and tidy also. well maintained .vehicle was perfect for our needs all together happy with product

Margaret
MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer service was great ,no bond & payment handed extremely well , unfortunately didn’t receive the car i booked as they were all out received one Similar
Used the vehicle as we were in Brisbane on holidays

Very professional service

Very good at all levels - although would suggest an express car pick up at counter for business customers who have booked and paid on line and are not caught up behind " walk ins " on holidays.

bryanna
bryanna

Expensive but good product

Expensive rental, near brand new vehicle so was very good. Customer service skills lacking when vehicle returned, otherwise reception was good. Made to feel like a potential criminal when vehicle was returned - not pleasant at all!

Julie
Julie

Excellent Service

So efficient….from the initial direct booking on the website to having to phone to change our booking through to both pickup & return of our vehicle. Professional & friendly staff. Totally recommend.

Great Car Hire by East Coast Rentals (Tugun, QLD)

Easy pick up, professional staff and car rental with no issues.
A small confusion re: security bond amount but all OK.
I would have preferred an Outlander as the Honda was a bit gutless but once again, no big deal.
We travelled up to Airlie Beach and back. Had a fantastic holiday.

The staff on the phone when I had to make a change and the day I picked up the car was great, happy with the car

I would not use anyone else

Matthew J.
Matthew J.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Holiday travel made easy

The car was excellent and the staff were so helpful and polite. It was great being met at Launceston airport and driven back after the holiday. I highly recommend them.

Excellent service and communication

Ange
AngeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to book

Great customer service. The staff were very friendly. Very easy pick up and drop off. The car was what i expected. I would definitely use east coast car rentals again.

Over school holidays.

I cannot nock the customer service that they provided, also shuttle bus back to the airport was good. But what I did not like was the price (and not only east coast). Cos it was over the school holidays it does not warrant charging 3 times the amount , As it was the good old Corvid hit meaning most of the other states could not come up , and they can not tell me there was a great demand for cars. I know that l will not be traveling over the school holidays again.

Vaughan G.
Vaughan G.Far North Queensland, QLD

CUSTOMER SERVICE OUTSTANDING

The efficiency and due processs was amazing.
No mucking around from the staff and the advise
given was clearly understood and easy to follow.
I was indeed very impressed by the whole process.

Ryan
RyanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cheap and great service

Great service, cheapest in the Gold Coast, great customer service. Shutter bus came within 5 minutes of calling. Upgraded to a SUV for a very cheap rate. I recommend to get the insurance.

Jun Li
Jun LiLaunceston, TAS

great service

it meets my needs. I expecting it as it works perfectly well, good location, good price.

on time service and easily return.

Good fuel for the journey.

Transparent in all costs.
thanks. w

ViV
ViV South East Queensland, QLD

EastCoast provide solutions & help to enjoy your trip.

I had hiccups in picking up the booked car & shuttle bus pick up but customer service Josh helped me out with perfect solution. In this COVID situation when you are not sure how long your trip going to last. EastCoast cars perfect to hire as they’ve new fleet of cars.

Read more reviews - page 2

aquitania
aquitaniaasked

Anyone picked up from Melbourne airport using the shuttle? Any specific info regarding this location?

Angela C
Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

To answer your question Angela, the daily rate for Damage Cover varies depending on the length of your rental and whether you want to reduce your excess from $4400 to $385 or $4400 to $0.00. On average though around $20 - $22 per day. Two other things to consider also. If you are booking through one of our online agent partners as opposed to direct through our own website or call centre these agents also sell their own competing products. That's fine we would rather a customer travel in one of our cars covered for damages than not. However they are typically more expensive than our own cover options and because the cover is with a third party instead of us direct we will still need to take a $1000 security bond before releasing the vehicle. Taking our cover negates the need for a $1000 bond. Also if there is major damage to the vehicle we reserve the right to take the full excess from your nominated credit card and return any remainder to you once the vehicle is fixed. If you have cover sold by an Online Agent you would go back to them to claim monies needed to repair our vehicle.

Jason W.
Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

See all East Coast Car Rentals questions