Bargain Car Rentals

Bargain Car Rentals

A good offering is ruined by inefficient pick up and drop off service

This company offers reasonable cars at good prices. However, our two most recent experiences with their drop off and pick up service has led us to decide to not use them again. The problem is not with the drivers, I believe, but management decisions around how to service this critical part of the customer experience. The problems are: 1. an automated receipt service that you are ready for pick up, 2. pick up buses not stopping where they had advertised to stop, 3. no checking of names of people boarding the bus, and 4. people left behind (in one case a wheelchair bound person). As a result of this shambolic and discourteous service, we will not use this company again.

James

JamesAustralian Capital Territory

Bargain Car Rentals - Melbourne Tullamarine

Recently hired from Bargain Car Melbourne,Tullamarine. All the staff we dealt with were great, very nice and friendly. Pick Up and drop off was easy and shuttle to and from Airport very convenient. They gave me a voucher to use to get a discount on another rental in the future at any of their locations. I have used them previously in Darwin and Cairns and have always been happy with their service. Will be using them again on the Gold Coast in June. Thanks Bargain Car.

"DO NOT" use this company

Luddite

LudditeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Renter Beware.

Renter Beware. Our SUV rental turned out to be a front wheel 2WD Nissan XTrail. $300 per day for something completely misdescribed.
Don’t assume anything when you collect your rented vehicle
Launceston

louisesaccaro1975

louisesaccaro1975Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Service in Hobart - Tasmania

Barry

BarrySydney, NSW

Happy customer

Hired a car from the Cairns branch for 5 days in March. Had read some of the negative comments and was a little nervous as pricing was outstanding. All the staff were very efficient and polite and hired MG had only 17000km on the clock. Office was a 5minute drive from airport but free pickup mini bus was there to pick us up. Had to leave car on a Sunday and polite call reminding me of the last shuttle was appreciated. Thank you for great experience..I will be eager to use their services in the future !
Barry S from Sydney

Margaret S.

Margaret S.Sydney, NSW

Average Carv and No Customer Service

Launceston Tasmania - Car was not maintained with tyres being low in pressure, fuel gauge was also suspect.
However on return of the vehicle the front desk staff member on duty 29/3/21 @ 7am was quite put out that the customers had returned early to drop cars off “she stated she came to work to get her work done early “ inference being we were interfering with that , she just left us all there and walked to the van and got in we were not sure we should follow as there was no communication at all. Her behaviour was not customer focused and very off putting for further car rental in Launceston.

Spencer J

Spencer JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never use again, left us without a vehicle!

Stay clear and stay away

Vehicle Condition

David N.

David N.Sydney, NSW

RIP OFF

Was in a rush as they didn’t have a shuttle early in the morning so I couldn’t put petrol in. They charged me $150 and on top of that $300 for cleaning fee!!! Unbelievable they take all of this once you’re on the plane and dropped off the car. The car they gave us was so warn out but we were desperate! I’m a mechanic and I knew something was wrong. Becareful of these guys their cheap but they will keep taking money from your account. My receipt shows how much they keep taking from my account.

dont ever rent a car from bargin car rentals darwin

john
john

i booked the car from the imformation centre tourist

Nour

NourSydney, NSW

Racist

If there was a minus 5 star option I would have chosen it .. absolutely terrible service with very very racist staff at the from desk.. never experienced such thing in my whole life ..

Terrible service!! Additional charges hidden

Fantastic fantastic fantastic

Worst Company Ever

Ken

KenMid North Coast, NSW

This company charged us twice for car rental insurance and wont refund!! BEWARE !!

Donna

DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst company- avoid avoid avoid

The worst company, horrible customer service!!
Wanted to charge $200 plus insurances because our group was 2.5 hours early as our flight changed.
Then they decided to cancel the vehicle for 10ppl (including 3 very young children) and pretty much leave us stranded (claiming we were being aggressive), Think she was confusing assertiveness with aggression.. perhaps was the women there who was reflecting her own aggression as she had 0 customer service skills. All this over complete ego!

I completely get certain things out of people's controls and get that companies have policies but there was so many options for them to handle this and instead just disgusting behaviour, do yourself a favour and avoid avoid avoid this company!!

Disappointing

Muddy 05

Muddy 05Sydney, NSW

The worst

Booked a rav4 from Darwin Airport from the 7th Feb 2021. Had the rental fee taken out of my account plus a $500.00 Security Deposit. I Emailed and asked why it's in out t&Cs. Returned the car on 15 Feb. Asked when I will get my money back. I get told 7 to 14 days depending on your bank.
Today they deposit $1 in my account and then take it back.
Sent another email and no reply.
By looking at all the other reviews I will not see my $500

Brad Tasker

Brad Tasker Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Service

Kellie at Bargain rentals was not only professional but pleasant to deal with
She helped us with a great car and a great deal
Well done Kellie and Bargain Rentals
Will be back

giseli r.

giseli r.asked

I did one reservation in my name, and today I checked my emails about this and have 3 confirmation in my name, it is not correct!
I would like to cancel the numbers below:

#07442892
#07447184

Let me know

Thanks Giseli Martins

Ali
Ali

Hi. I had no problems booking it was when we took the car back. Apex rentals are much better to deal with in NZ and usually have good deals. I don’t recommend bargain rental cars

ally52

ally52asked

Has anyone received an invoice for work done on the hire car? The company returned $230 of the $750 they took for a chip in the windscreen but I havent been given the invoice to get any money back from my travel insurance which included any excess for damages to my rental car. Thanks Ally

Alex R.
Alex R.

We never even got a car so cant help

Lien S.
Lien S.

OMG! This exact thing is happening to me just now (Hobart Airport branch) - nearly exact same $$ figures as well.... I had to DEMAND evidence of anything - as I am certain no damage existed in the first place. They didn't even tell me before or after deducting money directly from my account (which I think is called stealing!) I finally received invoices after noticing the deduction and demanding them (which I haven't yet been able to open because I think they are corrupt files), but that doesn't necessarily constitute evidence or a damage report either.

Bronwen

Bronwenasked

how do i change my booking to a larger vehicle?

Get an answer from our members and Bargain Car Rentals representatives