Alpha Car Hire
4.4 from 1,717 reviews

Great car hire

Our clever 26 year old son found this very reasonably priced car rental for us when we were holidaying in Tugun and he wanted us to pick him up after sky diving near Byron bay. The car was new, clean easy to pick up and drop off. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

great customer service, easy shuttle bus to collecting site, easy drop off

We discovered this company by accident (online) as when we arrived at Tullamarine Airport and found the other car rentals were so expensive for just a few days (cheapest was $320 (for 3 day hire). Then we gave Alpha a go and the same class of car was only $100! (for 3 days). We weren't sure about what to make of catching a transit bus (which they provided) to the collecting location but it was easy and we didn't wait for long (I have three small children). I guess that is why they are cheaper ?less over heads, Anyways, drop off was easy too and customer service was great, Alpha will certainly be our first choice next time.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Will definitely use again!

After using a different but well known company in the past, I discovered, upon further research, that Alpha Truck rentals were a local, cheaper and much more customer friendly than their opposition were! Even when, at the last minute, we needed to extend our rental for another day, they were very obliging! I would highly recommend them for an easy move!

Enjoyable experience

Great customer service, vehicle was as booked, transport to and from Tullamarine was very quick and the bus was very new, The Nissan x-trail is a good car in Melbourne traffic.

Perfect

Upgrade our vehicle, staffs are nice, car is clean, shuttle bus has come so quick, GPS is good, next time to Australia or others place have to hire Alpha again

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Fast service & return of deposit

Although car was different to what I expected (booked Accent got Lancer), the car was clean & service was fantastic. Bond was returned to my bank account before o left the premises. Shuttle to & from airport was easy to find & quick. Staff were all very friendly.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Lancer
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Very Good

Quick & easy airport pick up & drop off. Friendly helpfull staff. I dont need 30 words to describe an excellent experience with no fuss or hard sell. Just simple car hire and go

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

A+ experience great staff as new vehicle.

Perfect from start to Finnish.I wouldn't bother with any other hire company if i need to move in the future.I will certainly recommend to family and friends.The truck suited our needs perfectly.

Vehicle TypeRemoval truck

Excellent customer service

Amazing staff, super friendly and helpful as it was our first time to hire a vehicle. The car was pretty much brand spanking new. And Everything was thoroughly explained so we understood the t&cs. We extended our rental several times and was super easy. Return was a breeze too.

Honestly, we weren't going to use Alpha due to some negative reviews. But they were the cheapest in town at the time of our booking. So, we took a risk. And honestly, we couldn't disagree more.

I referred my friends and family to Alpha and they also shared the same amazing experience. Will continue to use them wherever they are located

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival

Perfect!

Absolutely love the service provided! Everything was hassle-free. Followed their instructions and called Alpha car hire after going through immigration. Shuttle came just minutes later. Once reached, got our car in about 20 minutes. Checked the car together with staff and we're good to go. Car was smooth and comfortable for our family. Petrol consumption was superb. Returning the car was a breeze. Definitely recommending it for everyone!

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival

Friendly staff service

Staff helped us so much to get what we required for usage and simply understanding. The rate was worth a rent. Very happy customer. Am looking forward to hire again in near future. Thanks so much to the following staffs in dandenong branch meg, mitchell & the big fella for your great and awesome friendly service. God bless you all.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

will use every trip highly recommended

very efficient . timely and not one issue with vehicle...all staff members dealt with were friendly and the drop off and pickup went as smooth as silk plus ease of petrol refill location

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Swift
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Awesome service awesome car thanks guys

Customer service was good cheap in an out real quick car was good we hired They give you a free courtesy lift to the airport and a free lift back to your car awesome guys

Quick and easy transaction

From the airport to the car pick up service was excellent quick and easy transaction and we were on our way ,same on car return and ride to airport fast efficient will use again as previous visits

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great all round experience for a car rental

The staff were very helpful, efficient and polite.
The bond and other payments were satisfactory, all was explained carefully.
Yes I received the vehicle that I hed booked
Holiday travel, met our needs

Just great!!

It was just great. The front-desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The car was in good condition. Booking a car, collection and drop by was so convenient. I am looking forward to hire more from them in future.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Perfect! So easy and Simple!

very friendly and helpful staff, bond was handled well, I got a near brand new car and was perfect for what I needed! To drive to a friends house and definitely did meet my needs.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Alpha car rentals terrible service and value. After all the extras and inconvenience, truly not a good option.

From start to finish, Alpha car rentals have trained their staff to drain your wallet at every turn. $4,400 excess or the extra $18 per day can get that back to $600, but not if you hit an animal plus many other conditions.
Then, there’s the car return, accuse you of damage to the vehicle, only to discover that they have the wrong paperwork.
Staff argue with you, and no apology when you finally prove your point.
Every aspect is treated as an opportunity to suck more cash out of you.
Then of course the $400 deposit which they take out of your account when you pick the vehicle up from an old warehouse miles from the airport, can not be refunded for a week according to them.
Admin fees $3.80 per day plus tolls.
Admin fee $100 plus any infringement notice.
This list just goes on and on. Be very cautious about Alpha car rentals. My personal advice is to Don't even chance getting caught by this very unethical car rental company.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes
Review submitted to as many sites as I can find. I really want to share this terrible experience with as many people as I can. My IT background helps a lot.Naughty naughty, buying likes is not good for business. People like me can find these things out.

Easy!

Quick and easy to pick up car and drop off. Pleasant trip to and from airport in shuttle bus. Excellent communication and friendly staff! Great experience all round! Thank you

Great local business - friendly staff

Staff at Alpha were amazing - kind and knowledgeable. The car was clean and perfect for my requirements and totally reliable for the whole week. Would recommend Alpha and will be going back!

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Swift
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

I have quotes on various Alpha cars Quote Number 99JNSZ. I have read reviews of your cars some very good, others very awful re dirty cars ,poor maintenance etc. What age would the cars I have been quoted on be, & what guarantee do I have that they will run perfectly for the 5 weeks hire period. Thanks
Honestly... choose a other company to get a hassle free holiday. Alpha car hire isn’t that good and if u have any problems it’s very hard to deal with themI have hired twice and had no issuesHi Agnes, Thank you for your question. Our cars are up to approximately 5 years old and are cleaned and serviced regularly. All our vehicles are covered with roadside assistance (e.g. RACQ, NRMA); this should give you peace of mind when hiring one of our vehicles. Regards, Alpha Car Hire

How do I pay toll fees
Your credit card will be charged automatically.

Does the daily limit of 500 kms accumulate? So for a 10 day hire will equate to 5000. Permitted kms? Regards Rick