Alpha Car Hire
4.3 from 1,542 reviews

Smooth Operator

No que, no fuss. Car exactly as in description. Undamaged, low kms. There were no issues, no problems whatsoever throughout the rental period. Drop off was a one minute affair.

Vehicle TypeMercedes-Benz GLS-Class X166

Awesom experience

From the time we left the airport - shuttle service was punctual - the counter service and explanation was top notch
The vehicle I received was better than I expected - near new .
We were on holiday so excellent touring vehicle

Vehicle TypeLancer

Great experience

We came to Gold Coast to hire a car and drive to Byron Bay and back. I paid for the car online and was given a similar car to what I ordered. The shuttle bus was fast and the customer service excellent. We received the bond back quickly

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Outlander
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Awesome service, two fantastic ladies to deal with.

Awesome fantastic service, thank you. The best people to deal with.Made the whole experience easy and quick, the two Ladies were absolutely fantastic I will certainly be using them again next time

Very easy to deal with

Loved the ease of booking from collection to drop off, great service onsite with very competitive rates! Communication was good from start to finish! Will definitely use and recommend again when I need to move house or anything else!

Excellent service

Vehicle spec was as described. Paper work easy to submit with no problems with payment.
Customer service was excellent. Friendly and professional service.
Seamless process - would definitely recommend Alpha cars to others.

Vehicle TypeToyota LandCruiser 200

Location, location, location

Great service and instructions provided by the customer service representative (CSR) on vehicle operation, payment and how the charging of toll roads and bond works - he even guided us to some of the local shopping locations that might be of interest and recommended a nearby service station we could use for refuelling before returning the rental. Additional, our CSR recommended an ASX over a X-TRAIL as the slightly smaller ASX would be better around town with parking than the bigger X-TRAIL. This was a great tip as our trips in and around the Sydney CBD were much easier. The one disappointment with Alpha Car Hire in Sydney is their location. They are not near the airport and they do not operate a shuttle service so we were not able to pick the car up when we arrived, we had to arrange a special journey to the yard to pick up our rental.

Moorooka staff are excellent

The moorooka staff were very helpful. I had an issue with the tail lift on the truck and the staff were very patient and understanding, and were very flexible in finding a resolution despite my somewhat rude/frustrated attitude. They were excellent.

Vehicle Condition

Very good service, efficient and friendly

Pick up from the airport took a while and the booking in process also took time. This was compensated by the very good service and clear and articulate explanation of the insurance and rental agreement. The vehicle met our expectations but unfortunately did not help our golf scores.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Tucson
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Very bad customer service.

I called Alpha car rental to just check the price of what amount they renting it out for. It was very good initially because they told me that of you found a better price we would match it. You can book immediately. So I did just that thinking They can match the price, if not I can cancel it and find another booking. I did not receive a confirmation mail even though I called them twice stating I havent received a confirmation mail.
I found a better deal and then I told them and they are like we are sorry we cant do anything. On top of that they charged me $110 cancellation fees. I was shocked at the customer service this place had offered.

Definitely use Alpha again

The whole process from collection of the vehicle to returning it was easy and efficient. The staff member at Maroochydore I dealt with went above and beyond to accommodate me. Excellent service.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Good Hire Car experience...

Alpha Perth staff were great, they kept the process simple but explained everything clearly... the vehicle was all I hoped and helped make our holiday go smoothly.
Good experience with Alpha and none of the negatives you hear about some car hire firms... would recommend and use them again.

just great friendly service

10/10 for service no problems with bond vehicle was ideal we visited family the car was economical to run and was comfortable and easy to drive it made our trip enjoyable

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla

Great Easy Experience

Right from the girls on the front desk on phone to vehicle Pickup and Return no problems. We were welcomed by name when we arrived which was a pleasant surprise. Instruction on use of vehicle was clear and uncomplicated. Drop of was no drama

Great Service and Experience

The shuttle seemed to be waiting for my arrival as I had no waiting at all. Helped with loading of my luggage and a speedy trip to where the car was to be picked up. Again, the process was fast and efficient. It seemed like no time at all that I was away and out of the airport precinct. I was just as efficient on the return. Great service and staff. I would not hesitate ti use again.

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30

Great First Time Experience

Pick up and drop off was smooth and trouble free. the car was exactly the one I was expecting and the rate was cheaper than some of the bigger rental companies

Vehicle TypeNissan X-Trail

Excellent overall service.

I have rented with Alpha several times since last year. The customer service is excellent, friendly and quick . The bond has always credited to my account the momement i return the vehicle. I always recieved the same vehicle i booked. I used the vehicle to visit families on transit to my work overseas. Vehicles are reliable and clean. I highly recommended alpha rental to anyone.

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Grand Vitara

Great Service - I Highly Recommend

Customer service was excellent. Very friendly, efficient and helpful.
The booking process was easy and efficient. As promised, no monies taken until vehicle picked up (other hire car companies had $0.00 on the booking but took large amounts of funds from my account anyway - months before the booking date).
The vehicle I received was of good quality and matched what I had booked.
I used the vehicle to travel to the country and it met all my needs. It was comfortable, in good condition and drove well.
I would highly recommend Alpha Car Hire. I was concerned with poor reviews and a poor experience with other hire car companies (including all the larger companies) so I was really relieved to find Alpha Car Hire. It made a real difference to me relaxing and enjoying my holiday. Thanks Alpha.

Vehicle TypeNissan X-Trail
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Quick, clean and good value for money

Great car and well described when booking. We hired a Tuscun and it was a perfecr size, very clean and well maintained. Airport transfers were quick and well organised. Great value for money.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Brilliant service, great car!

Customer service was great, from the moment we were picked up to young lady at the service counter, everything went seamlessly. Our vehicle was more than we expected, practically brand new, ideal for transporting us around the sights of the Gold Coast. Will definitely use Alpha Car Hire again.

How do I pay toll fees
Your credit card will be charged automatically.

Does the daily limit of 500 kms accumulate? So for a 10 day hire will equate to 5000. Permitted kms? Regards Rick

Hi I want to hire a car at Melbourne airport as we are driving to Ballarat. are your cars at the airport or in Melbourne city center? Cheers Jen
They are not in the airport terminal. You can access a free shuttle bus service that takes approximately 7-10 minutes travel time to get to the depot.Bear in mind that the Manager at Tullamarine is not customer focused. He will force you to pay more and try to push you into a car finance deal. He is not professional or honest.James Morrison rented from Alpha for over a month and wanted to rent for 12 months which we do not do. He was offered a long term hire in our Alpha AA Advantage Programme but declined. He also wanted to extend his rental but unfortunately we were fully booked out. Its a pity James has resorted to false and misleading claims on Product Review. We take these matters seriously. James also tried to rent from our Dandenong Branch so its confusing why he insists on stating we are not customer focused. Our rating is an excellent 4.3 for a reason. Thank you.

Similar listings