Acer Australia

Acer Australia

1.2

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (17) · No (15)

Vickie O.

Vickie O.Hunter Region, NSW

Don't purchase an Acer Computer/laptop. My Acer laptop logs off 10 times per day due to overheating.

The Acer laptop logs off 10 times per day due to overheating. The base is so very hot you cannot touch it and the laptop is 1-year-old .
Acer along with Harvey norman has dismissed my concerns, I'm am now stuck with a $2000 computer that continues to log off . DONT PURCHASE AN ACER

Product Purchasedharvey norman rutherford
GEo

GEoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible terrible service

3 weeks and still no laptop fix . Customer service is the disgusting. No return call , on hold , no management team to follow up .

Nicholas K.

Nicholas K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Happy with my Helios 300

Very happy on all accounts. Quality and Tech specs match what I was looking for and delivery was quick and timely. Most people who write reviews are dissatisfied while those that are happy with ACER are too busy working.

Product PurchasedAcer Predator Helios 300

hayleywalton70

hayleywalton70Darwin, NT

Unreliable with very poor customer service

dan

danSydney Surrounds, NSW

less than 5 months and broken

purchased the predator from harvey norman.
video card fan stopped working. Acer rep said their techs need computer to check card

Product Purchasedpredator
Yann P

Yann PSydney, NSW

high-spec product that doe not deliver

Product PurchasedAcer Aspire Nitro V15 VN7-593G

Soooo Disappointing !

As all have said-'Don't buy an Acer'. weak power plug, V slow speed, flimsy construction. The specs look good and the price seemed reasonable but after using it for a few months I realized I'd been had. I very much wish I'd spent $200-$300 and gone with a different brand. My Acer Aspire 3, works but barely. It performs worse than the 8 year old laptop (with inferior specs)) that it replaced. Whilst there is probably no specific grounds for a refund, It just doesn't perform as advertised.
I never wright reviews, but I had to with this product. This company deserves to go out of business and from the look of these reviews, I think they will. Soooo Disappointed of Sydney.

Product PurchasedAcer Aspire 3

Fragile material

When I bought Acer spin 1, I thought it was a good buy. But after 5 months of normal use, the screw at the bottom, near the hinge dropped out on its own. This caused the panel to be slightly opened. Then a few weeks later, the plastic at the side and bottom cracked when I opened the screen one day. Now, I can't move the screen and I can't used it. I am writing so that consumers are aware of this problem. Apparently many had face similar problem. The plastic Acer used are fragile.

Paul

PaulTasmania

Very poor service

Product PurchasedAcer Aspire S13

yoh123

yoh123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faulty laptop

Laptop was faulty, and they say it will take several weeks if not months to locate spare parts from overseas! Service is a joke. Next time I’ll spend a bit more and buy a decent brand laptop.

Josef

Josef

Broke within months.

Purchased 2 Acer laptops last year. The power connector is really fragile and thin and broke within months. Contacted support. They said, "Unfortunately we cannot replace damaged accessories. Consider purchasing a new adapter ..." LOL. How about next time I consider not buying worthless Acer products.

Product PurchasedAcer Aspire 5

Appalling Service

I purchased an ACER Swift in April 2020 for $1500. By July it was failing with the message “no bootable device found”. I returned it to HN and they said the hard drive was faulty and sent it to ACER. I have phoned ACER several times and no-one is able to tell me what is happening; nor do they seem to care. I phoned the techs at HN and while they are trying to resolve it for me, they rarely phone me back. I am now seeking legal advice as I am running a business and have clients waiting for appointments. Will not be buying ACER again

Product PurchasedAcer swift

Terrible repairs

Product PurchasedAcer Nitro 5

Listen to the feedbacks and avoid this company.

I purchased a refurbished laptop and waited for a week to get delivered and turns out the laptop that they sent me wasn't even charging. So I sent it back to them and waited another week for the update of the repair. Now they told me that they can't replace the laptop as they dont have a stock of the same laptop even though I checked on their website that they are still selling it and have it in stock but on higher price now as I bought mine on special probably thats why they just want me to get the refund. Now I have to wait for my refund for 2-3 weeks. Don't buy here they will just waste your time.

Product PurchasedAcer Spin 1

Worst customer service I've ever experienced, made me cry.

fica

ficaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase these products!

Product PurchasedAcer Nitro 5
Nick

NickFar North Queensland, QLD

Acer wiped my dying Grandfathers laptop memory

Tia

TiaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

No warranty support.

Purchased a large, curved screen monitor April 2019 and it developed a green line Feb 2020. Returned via retail store under warranty. Was in perfect physical condition when left retail store. Apparently arrived with physical damage and the refused to cover it or entertain the idea that their courier might have broken it. As at May 28, Acer still refusing to cover so retailer is going to replace for me and continue the fight. Moral of the story? Don't buy Acer and photograph EVERYTHING!

Brian Comley

Brian ComleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Keep away from ACER.

l used Toshiba for years with very little trouble, l bought an Acer, which l was told was a good model, that was about just 1 year ago, l have taken it back 3 times to be fixed, nothing major, just things like the screen freezing up, it still isn't what l would call being happy with it, every now and then it still happens. l have to shut the lap top down and restart it again to make it work. l blame myself for not checking the reviews before buying it. Silly me.

Disappointed!!!

Bought an $800+ laptop which is only good for 2 years. Had to replace the battery within the 1st year. Then after a few months, it just died. Extremely disappointed ... Not buying an Acer again.