B&H Photo

B&H Photo

4.8 from 1,205 reviews

On line purchase

Everything from start to ordered was straight forward. I have purchased items before and if a search comes up with them as a supplier i am more than willing to purchase.

easy, clear and helpful

Was unsure if a bridge plate would fit my camera, the team gave me a quick and concise response. Love B and H. Shipping was reasonably priced. I look forward to visiting the store in NYC.

Really good site to find product, read reviews and buy.

I always try to buy my gear from local Australian suppliers with a physical showroom/business first. But if stock is not available locally, B&H is the first online store I go to. They are really well stocked across a lot of product ranges. The website is really well designed and functional to find what you are looking for, get descriptions and specs, read reviews (very important when making buying decisions) and a clear shopping cart through to payment interface. I also really like that it is not over cluttered and jammed with lots of small sections of cross-sales text (like Amazon). And you can call them on the phone for friendly American advice and information. Plenty of freight options when checking out. A very well run business and website. The only challenge is that the US Dollar and Freight costs are significant when buying from overseas so I have to think of everything that I might need to buy from them when ordering to squeeze as much into each order to save on on freight. That said, they have worked to keep the freight rates as low as possible whilst maintaining reasonable delivery times.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Good site and easy to use.

Providing an option to see prices in Australian dollars when searching would be great. (Instead of leaving it until checkout.) It is the site I go to when I can't find what I need in Australia. I haven't been disappointed yet.

comprehensive and helpful

Comprehensive and helpful. B&H carry what professionals need. Excellent website full description of products and application. All at one site, wish other merchants would provide such an efficient web shop.

B&H shopping for an Australian

The website is incredibly uptodate and easy to use with several filter options so you can quickly compare products and prices. I love B&H and even visited there when I was in the USA

Love B&H

It's an excellent web site. An extensive list of products and easy to view and review with a quick and efficient checkout. It remembers my orders. Why would you shop anywhere else.

Thank you again!

Finding what I want is Easy as. The product range is awesome. Always have had good service. Great delivery times. Always good products! Many thanks. Thank you for the annual catalogue.

Product PurchasedLensbaby Sweet 35 Optic lens

ordering from aust for over 20 years

easy and prompt without the salesman selling you something you don't need
extensive range and prompt delivery.
very quick turnaround and delivery to post office box which a lot of other companies don't do

Never trust the store's employees...

I have been to New York on April 2019. As I stayed to a friend’s house, I order from B&H via internet some equipment and then I visited the store (the last day of my staying to USA), in order to see some other items and decided there, which ones to buy. The total amount of my shopping was 550 USD.
One thing that I wanted to buy from the store, was a tripod for my DSLR. So I went to this department and I met a Chinese man (I suppose), middle age. I saw him two tripods printed from their site, the first one costs 24.95 USD and the other one 34.95 USD . Both were (and are until now) in stock. I explained him that I wanted the taller and lighter tripod they had, in order to saw me and other tripods. The guy probably was too bored to listen to me. So he gave me a ticket – receipt and told me “this is the best for you and cheaper (something that never asked for)…”. As I had a lot of things to buy and the store closed at 7:00 pm (we thought that it closed at 9:00 pm – our mistake…), I took the ticket and finally I went to the cashier to pay.
When I return to Greece (as we are leaving USA the next morning) I realize that the tripod was too short, heavier than the higher ones that I saw to that employee and costs 21.54 USD, i.e almost 3 USD less than the one that I had choose via internet.
My fault was that I didn’t check the tripod went I was to N.Y. On the other hand, it was unacceptable to my mind that in a so big and famous store, an employee – I don’t know the reasons why – can deceive the customers, like the shop belongs to crooks. And all this for an amount of 21.54 USD, when I totally pay to this shops 546,77 USD!!!
So I decided to communicate with the customer service of the store (via e-mail). I informed them about this mess (with every detail of my orders and the receipt from the shop). As now the tripod is with me, in Greece and the cost of the international shipping is very high, I asked them if they could sent to my American friend’s house in USA (who had made the e-orders for me) the correct tripod, as she will be travelling to Greece for her holidays this summer and to send them back the useless tripod for me, by the begging of September with her (after her returning to the US).
They refuse to me this solution, by writing to me, that they cannot accept returns after “4-5 months(!!!)”. They probably didn’t recognize that it wasn’t my fault, but their employee fault!!! And I wonder, this tripod costs to me 21.54 USD. For sure, they bought it much cheaper. So for this amount of money, they prefer to “risk” their fame…
I really didn’t expect this answer from them! Probably it was my fault that I trusted them!!! I will never do it again, as I travel often to USA. For sure, there are more stores like B&H and I hope they are more reliable!!!

BHPhoto fake SD cards

B&H is a great shop, however I recently bought 2 Sandisk SD cards which I thought to be fakes. I reported this to them and I was told to put in a warranty claim with Sandisk - what a dumb response - there is no warranty for fake cards. Then they stopped responding to my follow up emails - this was the most disappointing part of their customer service. So, I wasn’t able to resolve the issue with them.

My advice, even if the packaging looks genuine test the card within 30 days of receipt otherwise BHPhoto will not make any attempts to resolve the issue.

Worst business I have ever had

I wouldn't even rate band h they are nothing but a bunch of crooks they sold us soft ware that we couldn't even open and then refused to refund our money just because we are in Australia. I will keep on their back as long as I live.

No international support

B&h are the worst. Sold me defective equipment and avoid responsibility because I am in Australia. Lesson learned.

Months of frustrating emails with them ignoring me. They just send nonsensical unhelpful robotic replies.

Excellent Service and Delivery

I came across B&H when I visited New York, so was happy to order on-line from them. They offer several different delivery options which were competitively priced. It only took days for my order to arrive in Australia and I was kept informed of all stages of the delivery process. The goods were in excellent condition and queries to B&H were promptly answered. The goods themselves were also competitively priced when compared to Australian retailers and Amazon. The packaging could be improved slightly (maybe a bit more bubble wrap securely around the internal package), but otherwise very happy with this supplier.

Goods not received, woeful customer service - you have been warned

I completely agree with David’s review/comments posted on Feb 24, 2018. My experience was strikingly similar. But I think he was quite generous giving them 2 stars.

I ordered 3 items: a LEE adapter ring, a filter pouch, and a LEE Landscape Filter Kit which alone is worth US$900 (over 90% of the order value). Shipped to Australia. 3 items came, but instead of picking the Lee Landscape Kit from the shelf, they sent just a Lee polarising filter instead. All the paperwork was correct, but the 3rd item was not at all what I ordered nor what was on the paperwork. I took me several emails and photographic evidence over a week to convince them they’d stuffed up. (I’d hate to be their inventory controller; the stocktake inaccuracies and write offs must be horrendous!)

To resolve the issue, they suggested I request an EXCHANGE and return EVERYTHING (international shipping at my cost and time/effort to arrange, which is not easy in my situation). When all they needed to do was send me the other components that comprise the kit. In the end, they arranged pickup of the polarizer... BUT... because it was an ‘exchange’ they insisted on waiting until they fully processed the polarizer return before they would send me the correct items. When I again reminded them (a) this was a replacement for their stuff up and (b) provided evidence that the polarizer was now in transit (with their nominated courier with them as consignee), they eventually conceded to ship the correct item/kit as International Priority.

But oh, we weren’t done yet… the replacement package/kit made it all the way from New Jersey USA to Sydney Australia in 2 days… but then sat languishing in Australian Customs clearance for a further 5 days awaiting someone to pay A$83 import duty. On day 3, FedEx were chasing ME for payment, so I had to yet again get involved to resolve the customs clearances. FedEx were pressuring me for resolution and were sending the goods BACK to the sender if not resolved by day 5 (and it was already day 4). Bearing in mind I’d already paid BH for freight in duties for International PRIORITY shipping (3 weeks prior).

After receiving no further advice on delivery date, last week I requested the outstanding order item to be cancelled and promptly repaid. Have still heard nothing. So have now been forced to pursue dispute resolution via the payment service provider (who fortunately/hopefully offers buyer protection).

After a dozen emails between me and various parties and 4 weeks later, I STILL don’t have what I ordered. And quite early on I requested this be dealt with a more senior customer service or operations manager at B&H. Yet almost every contact with them is handled by a completely different person.

The folks at B&H can’t pick the correct product from the shelf, have no concept of customer service or issue management, and can’t provide correct paperwork when they do eventually send a replacement. This is not an individual failure - it is a systemic failure by many people at B&H.

You’re just an order, not a customer with a problem caused by them. As a customer service manager myself, their incompetence is an embarrassing case study.

I too will never ever again use nor recommend them. Take your money and custom elsewhere. They don’t deserve your business.

excellent service and delivery time

I purchased a trail camera and found the price to be very competitive.It was easy to pay for online and chose the faster shipping which took 6 days to be delivered to Victoria, Australia......faster than our domestic mail.
I felt the packing could have been better with some bubble wrap placed under the camera box,as there was only packing to the top to keep the box from moving around inside the shipping box.
all in all a very positive experience and I would have no hesitation in recommending B & H to family and friends.
One of the best online stores I have dealt with.

Great product - terrible sevice & delayed delivery

Ordered 8 items, a Laowa 12mm lens, two Godox strobes and some smaller items. 7 Items came in one box and a single Godox Strobe was sent separately. All sounds fine, BUT... B&H sent two packages, two Tracking Numbers, but TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT USD$ Invoice amounts, and now, 12 days later my last $110 USD$ strobe sits in Australia, ready to be delivered while B&H can't organise a revised Invoice which shows that all 8 items I ordered came to a value of $1300 USD instead of 7 items at $1330 and 1 item at $1220 when it should only be $110. Now Australian Custims want me to pay an additional $260 Duty - all because B&H Stuffed up the order and issued two similar USD amounts, which not only confuses DHL and Australian Customs, but has delayed my strobe getting to me by a further TWO WEEKS!... Now, after 6 emails from different Management at B&H, there is still NO DELIVERY. NEVEF AGAIn B&H, NEVER AGAIN... don't take the risk, buy your gear from Australia... The service from B&H is appauling, and they won't step up and send me the single item as a professional courtesy... the way we are going we could be here for weeks before I take delivery. B&H, your so-called Service leaves a lot to be desired. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Great Service, Fast Delivery

Compared to most shops here at home, you'd think that an overseas firm wouldn't be able to compete with the service they can provide. You'd be wrong. B&H Photo are probably one of the best online stores around. Great prices, more than competitive even when compared to the prices you have to pay for goods here. And, even after shipping, many of their goods turn out cheaper than what you can get them here for. Also, excellent customer service. Any problems are answered promptly and they don't hold out on you. Delivery is pretty slick going through the usual transshipping agencies like DHL and FedEx. Got my parcel from them before the due date. All in all, I would be more than happy to keep doing business with them.

26 days to get to Australia

I ordered items online 17 January for delivery to Australia.

It arrived in Australia 8 February.

It was delivered today 12 February - ie it took 26 days.

On 6 February, I questioned how long it was taking and I got this response from B&H:
"I apologize for the delay with your order. With DHL Saver, they send all packages to their hub in Germany first before it is distributed to the local post office for delivery. Since this is a saver method of shipping, we are unable to open up an investigation until 2/17 if the package hasn't been received by then."

I was not happy with this response.

Pleasure to use and ULTRA FAST shipping

Ordered a number of items to be shipped to Australia, some in stock and some weren’t. I was expecting the order to wait until it all arrived, but to my amazement, they sent out what they had a few days later sent the rest. From the time they sent it, it was in my hand within 4 days!!! That’s from us to au. No more amazon for me, B&H Photo have blown me away. Thanks so much.

hi I have looking at the jvc quadproof camcorders. The everio R 4 K series looks interesting but there does not appear to be an agent or a place where in Australia where I can see them. I live in Canberra and will travel to see them. Would you please give me some information about them and where I may see one? Regards Bob Kibble [email removed]
They are based in New York. Their website shows examples of goods.

I really want to purchase a Rokinon lens from B&H, I am in Tasmania Australia, and have read up and down reviews. I want to make sure before I buy, is it legit, are they good and when the products arrive are they new and exactly as their description says? Thanks :)
Don't know the lens you've mentioned but B+H are reputable. Expect to receive what you order in stated delivery time, in good order & well packed. That's my experience with B+H.Thanks very much, I was interested in Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 lens, just wanted to get a few honest opinions before I buy :)Hi Larissa, personally I don't like to purchase lenses or camera bodies from overseas businesses due to the limitations with warranties and many manufacturers not providing international warranties. B&H are very reputable and I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from them. I'd shop around some of the Australian retailers, I know you are limited in where to buy from in Tasmania as I grew up there and there is no competition when it comes to negotiating a good price on camera equipment. You either pay the rrp or you don't get what you want. I now live in Sydney and there is a lot of competition which means you can get some great prices on camera equipment. It all depends on what your budget is though.