ActewAGL

ActewAGL

1.8

• Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (6)
  • Purchase PriceA$200.00 (1)
Man

ManCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Worst experience

I got 750$ bill for my 1 bedroom apartment. The bill is not clear and there is no proper meter reading. Customer service is also poor. My current bill was double that of previous bill

ServicesElectricity
Purchase PriceA$200.00

Excessively high charge and rude customer service

The bill is excessively high. I called the customer service but didn't get clarification. There is no transparency on the meter accuracy. This is a terrible experience. Basically I was forced to pay an excessively high bill which is clearly problematic. I definitely don't recommend ActewAGL.

G666

G666Canberra 2600, ACT

Liars

Was offered 20% off my electricity and gas in may 2019, i never got that discount. Actew excuse was that one of my bills was 1 day late. I will be changing providers

Anton c.

Anton c.Campbell 2612, ACT

Very misleading information coupled with false claims! Stay away.

I have to say Actewagl is the worst energy provider I ever dealt with. False promises, terrible customer service very high energy prices that cannot be explained really.
Never trust them.

Mark

Mark

Very unimpressed

For months I've been trying to get actewagl to correct my bills as they keep estimating instead of actually reading the meter. I have currently been overcharged approximately $400 as well as reading fees for readings that havent been conducted properly. Hold times are unnacceptably long and no responsibility is taken by the business. Do not use actewagl if at all possible.

Sara

SaraCanberra

They destrouyed my life

2 hour Call and still clueless

Kim G.

Kim G.Canberra 2600, ACT

Great customer service over the phone

I had two great experiences this week with Actew, one for our business and one for our house/moving home.
The people I spoke to on the phone were delightful, knowledgeable and helped to sort things out easily and quickly. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks!

Sean

SeanCanberra

A company that keeps their word

A good company compared to others operating in Canberra. Especially compared to Origin who I signed up with at electricity rates slightly cheaper than ActewAGL but then increased their rates by 5% four days into the contract. It’s good to be back with a company who keeps their word

ServicesElectricity

Caroline

CarolineCanberra 2600, ACT

Either dishonest or incompetent - or both

RobH

RobHIllawarra, NSW

Totally inept, zero customer service

Since fitting solar panels and the instalation of a "SMART METER" we have not been able to get a correct bill from ACTEW AGL, If they fix one part of the bill that is incorrect then they stuff up another part.
8 calls to service centre to try and get the correct billing and discount applications.
Hanging around all day after recieving a letter that our meter was going to be checked and an interuption to our power supply, Twice they never turned up.
Latest round re adjusted our bills finding an extra 2000 hours of useage on bills already paid.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Miss M.

Miss M.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic Compared to AGL

They set me up in my new house pretty much instantly! Bills have been wayyyyy below what I was previously being charged with AGL and I have 20% off electricity charges and 10% off gas each bill due to having a health care card.Payment plans are very flexible and it is simple and hassle free to extend time to pay if needed. All can be done online too!
Best electricity supplier I have ever dealt with.

Leanne Paul

Leanne PaulAustralia

You must R E V E I W every bill, Very Sneaky

Not happy as their billing is inconsistent, taking the wrong amounts by direct debit. Bills are hard to read.
Was promised a feature to monitor usage & solar inputs and still waiting and nearly 2 years on.
Reduced my feed in tariff from .11 c/kwh to .08 c/kwh with out any notice.
Wasting lots of my time scrutinizing my bills & then time on the phone to get issues addressed.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Macka

Macka

Like actew shop and service

I bought my reverse cycle heater /air con through actew shop 2 years ago It’s fabulous. Had a minor hiccough re a setting. They sent someone next day who fixed it straight away. Works beautifully. Also had solar hot water installed. Again. Very professional service. Still working perfectly after 3 years. Gave me much better advice re placement of panels than some of the private companies and so get maximum solar advantage and much longer time when I get my free hot water. Also liked the way I can manually operate the booster system. Only need this in winter months.

Rrob

Rrob

Do ACTEWAGL respond to enquiries, or only pretend to?

Customer service is great

Every time I have called actewagl with questions the customer service has been very friendly and helpful and patient in answering all of my questions.

Outright bunch of thieves

Most expensive rates in the market, systematic billing errors and generally useless customer service.

I'm at a loss to explain why they still have any customers at all.

CHECK YOUR BILLS!

canberra1

canberra1Canberra

Frequently overcharged in bills through errors. Very frustrated

Roger

RogerQueanbeyan

Perfect for Act and NSW regional

Pros:
Very community focused
Employees are local residents
Thy do lots of local sponsorship and fundraising events
They offer cheap rates and keep the promise(signed up with Energy Aus.; they increased the price within 6 months)

Cons:
Call center sucks: really hard to deal with them
I live in QBN: if the meter reader dosent read your meter; ActewAGL dosent take any responsibility