Listing monitored by ActewAGL

• Rates and Fees
LenIllawarra, NSW

Life support rebate they don't care and blame Australia post

ActewAGLActewAGLSend a private message
CB Flynn
CB Flynn

Unlawful misconduct! ActewAGL are a disgraceful and incompetent provider who are incompetent thieves.

Cassandra
CassandraCanberra 2600, ACT

Hit and miss

I find the team on their social media (ie. facebook messenger) fabulous - very responsive and always respond within a reasonable time and are helpful. However, I can not say the same for their 'energy experts' who unfortunately are the only ones that can answer your queries. Have had promises made and broken, have been accused of not using an authorised dealer despite using the ActewAgl Energy shop and telling them this at least three times in phone conversations, emails and social media. as for there demand time plan well don't get me started on that ...............................

I believe most energy companies are bad at customer service so is a risk changing suppliers.

Not happy
Not happyAmaroo 2914, ACT

Money grabbing rip off

Disconnected my power & gas 15th November, advising Actewagl of such in an email. 2 weeks later my bank account is deducted via even pay, so I queried it. I was told because I didn't actually state to close my account, just disconnect because I'm changing providers, I still have to pay. WTH!! surely an email stating Im changing suppliers is a fair guess u had lost my business ACTEWAGL.
Absolutely disgraceful. Guys, use any provider other than these guys, even if it costs a few $$ more. They are nothing but money grabbers

Rachun
RachunCanberra Central 2601, ACT

A Rip Off - moving to Origin

Connected to ActewAGL gas, received a very high bill from April June, made a concious effort to reduce gas usage by 400 hours over the next cycle and received a much higher bill? Now, I asked if there was a mistake (as I knew already) and the nice lady offered to have my meter read , for a charge of course.....now I'm moving to Origin

Malchizedec
MalchizedecSydney

Terrible company with attrocious customer service.

ActewAGL (Retail) and EvoEnergy (Supplier) are in a joint partnership to provide gas and electricity to Canberra.

If you want to be a customer of a partnership who's approach to customer service sounds something like pluck you, then you definately want to sign up to one of their plans.

While trying to resolve a gas complaint which resulted in a very high bill, I have been presented with legislation which doesnt apply and a firm committment to ignoring this fact.

They seem very happy to engage their inhouse legal team who seem to enjoy making the process of a customer getting a fair go as difficult as possible.

Well off we go to ACAT

BMB
BMBMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Completely stuffed up my move

I have been dealing with stuff up after stuff up with ACTEWAGL for what was supposed to be a straightforward move. The initial person got the dates wrong in the computer and it's snow-balled from there. I am absolutely appalled at their lack of attention to details. Even put two move out meter charges on the wrong bill. Don't go through this company!

Solar panel maintenance: why it's important and what you need to do

Properly maintaining your solar panel system will help ensure it works correctly, safely, and efficiently. We go through what needs to be done so that your system can lower your power bill and let you pocket more savings.

solar-panel-maintenance-why-its-important-and-what-you-need-to-do
How to reduce your heating costs this winter

Winter is here, and with it, higher power bills. Stay warm during the colder months without breaking the bank by following our practical tips on how to reduce your heating costs.

how-to-reduce-your-heating-costs-this-winter
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Nadeem A.
Nadeem A.

very unprofessional organisation

Very unprofessional response from this organisation. Wasted more than 1 and half hour on 3 different location to contact them but they used COVID 19 as an excuse and never picked up the phone. During this pandemic time I never have any issues in contacting other organisation.

Then I changed the credit card detail online but old credit card was used for the payments.

• Incentivised Review No
  • ServicesElectricity
sadmushroom
sadmushroomSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Always been Fantastic

Man
ManCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Worst experience

I got 750$ bill for my 1 bedroom apartment. The bill is not clear and there is no proper meter reading. Customer service is also poor. My current bill was double that of previous bill

Start now

Excessively high charge and rude customer service

The bill is excessively high. I called the customer service but didn't get clarification. There is no transparency on the meter accuracy. This is a terrible experience. Basically I was forced to pay an excessively high bill which is clearly problematic. I definitely don't recommend ActewAGL.

G666
G666Canberra 2600, ACT

Liars

Was offered 20% off my electricity and gas in may 2019, i never got that discount. Actew excuse was that one of my bills was 1 day late. I will be changing providers

Anton c.
Anton c.Campbell 2612, ACT

Very misleading information coupled with false claims! Stay away.

I have to say Actewagl is the worst energy provider I ever dealt with. False promises, terrible customer service very high energy prices that cannot be explained really.
Never trust them.

• Rates and Fees

Mark
Mark

Very unimpressed

For months I've been trying to get actewagl to correct my bills as they keep estimating instead of actually reading the meter. I have currently been overcharged approximately $400 as well as reading fees for readings that havent been conducted properly. Hold times are unnacceptably long and no responsibility is taken by the business. Do not use actewagl if at all possible.

Sara