ActewAGL

ActewAGL

See the Best Solar Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kim G.

Kim G.Canberra 2600, ACT

Great customer service over the phone

I had two great experiences this week with Actew, one for our business and one for our house/moving home.
The people I spoke to on the phone were delightful, knowledgeable and helped to sort things out easily and quickly. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks!

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Sean

SeanCanberra

A company that keeps their word

A good company compared to others operating in Canberra. Especially compared to Origin who I signed up with at electricity rates slightly cheaper than ActewAGL but then increased their rates by 5% four days into the contract. It’s good to be back with a company who keeps their word

Installation
ServicesElectricity
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Caroline

CarolineCanberra 2600, ACT

Either dishonest or incompetent - or both

ServicesGas
RobH

RobHIllawarra, NSW

Totally inept, zero customer service

Since fitting solar panels and the instalation of a "SMART METER" we have not been able to get a correct bill from ACTEW AGL, If they fix one part of the bill that is incorrect then they stuff up another part.
8 calls to service centre to try and get the correct billing and discount applications.
Hanging around all day after recieving a letter that our meter was going to be checked and an interuption to our power supply, Twice they never turned up.
Latest round re adjusted our bills finding an extra 2000 hours of useage on bills already paid.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Miss M.

Miss M.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic Compared to AGL

They set me up in my new house pretty much instantly! Bills have been wayyyyy below what I was previously being charged with AGL and I have 20% off electricity charges and 10% off gas each bill due to having a health care card.Payment plans are very flexible and it is simple and hassle free to extend time to pay if needed. All can be done online too!
Best electricity supplier I have ever dealt with.

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Leanne Paul

Leanne PaulAustralia

You must R E V E I W every bill, Very Sneaky

Not happy as their billing is inconsistent, taking the wrong amounts by direct debit. Bills are hard to read.
Was promised a feature to monitor usage & solar inputs and still waiting and nearly 2 years on.
Reduced my feed in tariff from .11 c/kwh to .08 c/kwh with out any notice.
Wasting lots of my time scrutinizing my bills & then time on the phone to get issues addressed.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Macka

Macka

Like actew shop and service

I bought my reverse cycle heater /air con through actew shop 2 years ago It’s fabulous. Had a minor hiccough re a setting. They sent someone next day who fixed it straight away. Works beautifully. Also had solar hot water installed. Again. Very professional service. Still working perfectly after 3 years. Gave me much better advice re placement of panels than some of the private companies and so get maximum solar advantage and much longer time when I get my free hot water. Also liked the way I can manually operate the booster system. Only need this in winter months.

Rrob

Rrob

Do ACTEWAGL respond to enquiries, or only pretend to?

Customer service is great

Every time I have called actewagl with questions the customer service has been very friendly and helpful and patient in answering all of my questions.

Outright bunch of thieves

Most expensive rates in the market, systematic billing errors and generally useless customer service.

I'm at a loss to explain why they still have any customers at all.

CHECK YOUR BILLS!

canberra1

canberra1Canberra

Frequently overcharged in bills through errors. Very frustrated

Roger

RogerQueanbeyan

Perfect for Act and NSW regional

Pros:
Very community focused
Employees are local residents
Thy do lots of local sponsorship and fundraising events
They offer cheap rates and keep the promise(signed up with Energy Aus.; they increased the price within 6 months)

Cons:
Call center sucks: really hard to deal with them
I live in QBN: if the meter reader dosent read your meter; ActewAGL dosent take any responsibility

mike

mikeWANNIASSA

Why make an estimate of what you use.

Jase

JaseCanberra

Gone downhill

Mehdi

MehdiCanberra

Not happy with the bills.

I received a bill for gas which was …
I live in Canberra. I received a gas bill from ActewAGL, renamed to Evoenergy, fors which was twice as my usual bills even in winter. Contacted them but no results. Very disappointed with them.

Denise

Denise

ActewAGL Energy Shop- excellent customer service

My review relates purely to the ActewAGL energy shop in Fyshwick. Over the last year we have purchased and had installed gas water heating, refurbished the gas ducted heating and most recently installed an air conditioning unit. Each time I have been very impressed with the service we have received from the advice we have received in the shop, the guy that came to quote, the installers and the accounts payable team. They are a great team - they know the products, the quotes are competitive, they keep you informed, they turn up on time, they get the job done leaving everything clean and tidy.

poor customer service

Absolute joke ring them any day of the year they always seems to have a high number calls and thank you patience... after one hour i hung up what a joke

Thand

ThandCanberra

Generally reliable. Seems to have improved over the years

Very few problems with gas or electricity connections. Phoning their help desk usually gets things done. I think they only use Australian call centres and I only had one or two difficult dealings, the worst of which were 15+ years ago

GreatViews

GreatViewsCanberra 2600, ACT

ActewAGL sells electricity and gas to consumers