Adairs

Adairs

What customer service???

Tried to purchase cushions online using a prepaid Mastercard voucher (birthday present from my Mum) and my usual credit card. Was unable to do transaction online so was prompted to call the 1300 customer service number. After waiting on hold (for a long time) was offered a call back service. It took more than 17 hours to receive that call back!!! Only then to be told I could not use two forms of payment for online purchase. Was told they were sorry but did not attempt to assist in any way with the purchase. Consequently was unable to purchase the cushions. Do not expect any customer service.

Non existent communication

Online customer service is non existent. I have attempted to contact Adairs on three occasions via their website and have not heard a peep. They provide a reference number with a promise to follow up, but contact never eventuates. So, they have blown it totally with me. Unprofessional.

Wish i had read reviews first!!

Appalling customer service. Spent 30 mins on hold then decided to do the ring back option, no one called back. called again and waited 45 minutes for someone to answer. this is after i sent them an email a week ago to which they gave never replied. Iv put comments on Instagram and sent them a message on facebook messenger. All of this because my delivery has not left the warehouse after 2 weeks. i move house next week and so i wont be at the delivery address to recieve the items, but do you think i could i get them to just refund my money! they said they will call the warehouse and ring me back. needless to say, this has not happened. Do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere.

Store LocationAdairs Online

I would rate it 0 if I could. Will never buy furniture from them again!

I bought a bed from Adairs less than 3 months ago. Was told it would be put together by the delivery drivers for me when delivered. On delivery, the drivers informed me they don't actually do this. I put it together myself - following the instructions provided. The leg under the bed continues to break when I get in and out - causing the middle beam and mattress to sag. I have had to fix it in the middle of the night numerous times. I am tiny, so by no means is it a weight issue. Ive contacted Adairs three times requesting a resolution and had no response. I had to get a carpenter out to fix the bed, in his words it is a very poor and unsafe design. I have now had to get Consumer Affairs involved. The quality of their products for what you pay is extremely poor. Will never buy furniture from them again.

Store LocationAdairs Mile End

Horrible online and customer service!

Purchased online! Did not get any invoice and customer service takes a while to answer the phone about an hour. Does not reply on their customer service email. And most of all I still did not receive an email to track my item which was purchased weeks ago. Will never ever buy again! DO NOT BUY!!

Store LocationAdairs online

Disgusting experience

Disgusting customer service. Save yourself a lot of wasted time chasing up orders and appalling customer service. It has been the worst experience in years! Spare yourself the trouble, it’s not worth it.

Store LocationOnline

Good products but Adairs fails on fulfilment, every time...

As others have noted, if you can't take it out of the store with you, don't buy it! My experience with online shopping and in-store orders has been consistently poor. This is 2019, fulfilment is EVERYTHING.

I'm deeply curious... Why does it take Adairs 2+ weeks to ship products from their Melbourne warehouse to customers in Sydney? Why do they understaff their customer support centre? Why does the CSC keep such short hours? Why isn't it open when they state it should be open? Why do they invest so many resources in promoting their products and pushing 'sale' events when they know they don't have the capacity to fulfil orders? Adairs' fulfilment problems are destroying their brand value. Given this, why don't they shut down the online platform until they've fixed it?

Store LocationArtarmon

Terrible Call Centre (Customer Service) - Waited For My Order For 2 Weeks, Wrong Item Delivered.

I always love this shop, apparently Adairs needs to lift their game specially with their call centre - customer service team. Worst ever! I called them for my invoice after not receiving it for 2 weeks and the lady told me they will send it to me, it's been 3 days and still no invoice has been sent. The rug that I ordered arrived after 2 weeks, then I opened it... It's a wrong item... Not even close to what I ordered!

Worst experience

Ordered a cot, cot mattress, cot mattress protector and rug on 21/01/19
Received the cot protector on 25/01/19
That’s the only good news!

On 11/02/19 I received dispatch notice of the cot, mattress and rug, delivery from Melbourne.

By 11/0/3/19 I hadn’t received any items.

I called the online number for them tell me the dots been recalled!

I asked for a refund of all items I am now still waiting for any confirmation of refund!

My phone calls msgs fb msgs all fall deaf ears

Store LocationOnline store

Ignoring customers seems to be the norm.

Going into Adairs today at the Base in Hamilton was not a pleasant experience and I left feeling like I was a pest for being there. When I walked in I could see one staff member talking to a customer so I stood by the rugs and waited for a staff member to acknowledge me and come over as I saw two at the back, one fixing bedding and the other a short distance away sorting towels. I looked towards them and they looked at me but did not acknowledge me or leave their post. I then moved up closer and stood looking from one to the other. They were talking to each other and deliberately did not look my way but obviously could see me. I then walked around and saw a fair haired girl pushing a trolley of items. I called out "are you a staff member" as she clearly saw me but also ignored me. She looked a little annoyed that she was interrupted but stopped and I asked her if she could take down a rug from the stand to let me see it. This she did but no friendly smile of encouragement from her and I could sense she had an attitude about having to talk to me about the rugs I felt really uncomfortable in her presence. I also asked about the cushions and how much they were and told her I was also a member. While she was getting the price of the cushions I noticed that there were a couple of flaws in the rug and told her so. She said they are all like that and I told her that if that was the case I would not pay the $210 or whatever it was for it as it was flawed and it would annoy me seeing it each day. She seemed irritated that I had made such a comment. I asked her where the manager was and was told she was at a management meeting in Auckland. I hope that at the next management meeting someone who cares about customer service and its importance will bring this matter up. It is not good enough and I am very reluctant to go back there. It is just not good enough!

Don’t order during a sale. 20 days later and parcels hasn’t even been shipped.

I ordered during their big sale on the 17th March. From previous orders I know they normally dispatch within 2 days.
On the 21st March I got an apology email saying there were delays due to the big sale with the dispatch and that my order would be dispatched as soon as possible (which I completely understand).
However it is now the 27th of March and I have not heard anything. I send a support ticket and have still not heard anything back and it has been over 24hours.
It just annoys me slightly that a big company such as Adaris are not communicating better, considering how much you pay for there bedding as well.

Faulty Bedhead Disaster. Worst Customer Service Ever

I received a faulty rattan bedhead from Adairs after recently moving into my new apartment. Trying to organise a replacement has been a DISASTER. First I tried to email the customer service team. I sent 2 emails and received no response after 2 WEEKS. I then went into an adairs store, I was told that they cannot help me in store and directed me to a 1300 number. Their customer service team is only available 8:30-5pm which is during my work hours. So I took time out of my work day to call adairs customer service and I was on hold for over 30 mins. I eventually got onto someone who said they will organise a replacement and send me an email with the details. I received no email after a week. So I sent a follow up email. I then got a response that they will organise a delivery service for an exchange of the faulty behead for the replacement. I thought "yay easy, I don't have to do anything". I couldn't have been more wrong. Adairs were not able to organise a delivery service outside my work hours to do the replacement. Instead they sent the new bedhead to the store I originally purchased the bedhead from. I no longer live there and it is 50 mins drive from my apartment. I also don't have a big enough car to transport the old bedhead or pick up the new one. I now have to go out of my way to organise a bigger car to transport the bedhead myself.
I will not be purchasing from Adairs ever again. A terrible experience.

Store LocationMornington

Online Customer Service NEED MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS

Love Adairs, regularly shop at Adairs as I do like their products, unfortunately the online customer service needs a big revamp!

Purchased items in store, some items not available in store so have had to order them from the warehouse, after calling and emailing questioning where the items are, just got a one line responses in italics (generic online statement: "During major Linen Lover events and sale, online orders may take slightly longer to deliver due to high order volumes. We will always endeavour to ship your items as soon as possible." With no personalised response.

Am yet to receive product, unfortunately after this service I will just have to shop else where unless you do improve not only your online service but the customer service that you offer online.

Store LocationHighpoint - BUT ALSO FROM WAREHOUSE

Love my quilt set

My quilt set arrived today via post and it is everything I wanted and more. The quality is just amazing. The best thing I have every done is become a linen lover member with Adair’s.

Store LocationOnline

no customer service at all

Waited over 76 minutes with no answer so emailed and was told it would be 2-3 days someone will contact me, ordered a quilt which said was available, only to be told it isn't available after I paid, and it will be sent when it turns up really

Store Locationonline

Don't buy linen lovers membership

Bought a linen lovers membership online to take advantage of the 40% LL sale. Took my money but gave no membership number. Emailed Adair's - no response. I missed out on the sale and still no membership number, which was the only reason I bought the membership.

Don't put a link saying 'click here to join linen lovers and apply discount'. And then not give me the membership or discount! Straight up lie and misleading.

Non-existent customer service. And using 'sorry we are busy due to high demand' is simply not acceptable, put on more staff if you know you are going to be busy, instead of overworking your poor staff!! There is plenty of great online retailers that sell superior products at the same price. That's the last $20 you ever get from me Adairs. This is why I don't feel sorry for retailers that cry about not getting sales. Nothing to do with the economy, it's because you are crap.

Online Delivery Terrible: Evasive and Misleading

In spite of much correspondence with Adairs, and their online large item delivery contractors, Unitrans, we are still awaiting delivery of our order. It has now been over 7 weeks, and Adairs, though seemingly helpful on the phone, do not seem to be able to find out what has happened to our order. We received an email within a week of buying indicating that the order had been filled and placed with their delivery contractor. Since then it has been unfulfilled promises, and we do not know where we are. Adairs require full payment, including delivery charges, all paid at the time of purchase. They have had our money for almost 2 months, but we still have no furniture. We have liked their products, but this will be the last time we place an online delivery for a large item. Service is terrible, amd promised update phone calls have not eventuated. We are constantly chasing the order. NEVER AGAIN. Adairs, what a shame you let down a good product and reasonable prices, by abysmal service delivery.

Charged delivery fee for a dodgy product even though I wanted to cancel order prior to delivery

I recently placed a large order with Adairs which included a rug. I found out after placing the order that many people have had trouble with the rug (very low quality, difficult to clean, shreds, etc.), so I called Adairs less than 24 hours after placing the order and asked them to amend the order and refund the rug. They said that if they did this, they would still charge me a $40 delivery fee even though the rug had not left the warehouse. Very disappointing, considering I was just trying to avoid receiving a low quality product (if only I had done my research prior to placing the order). I am going to wait for the rug to be delivered, and then follow this up with my local store.

Terrible customer service

Have sent Adairs 3 emails over the course of a week and have yet to have a reply. Never experienced customer service this terrible. Have requested to cancel order multiple times as the delivery time is 35 business days. Absolutely ridiculous. Shop elsewhere.

Great store but online delivery service is not very good

I have shopped at Adairs for many years and they have some great products, often at incredibly discounted prices. The staff are exceptionally helpful and very friendly. The only downside with shopping is with the oversized orders bought online. There seems to be a huge delay between the order being processed at the warehouse and the company that collects the goods for delivery. Monies are required upfront, i.e. credit card and you'd expect the goods to be delivered quite quickly when they are in stock. There needs to be a review of their delivery system so that they remain competitive with other companies. I have since found out that there is a third party logistics company called Unitrans that organise the dispatching of items. This company then uses Bluestar for the actual delivery to homes. It's a very drawn out process. Don't expect any assistance from the delivery drivers. They simply leave the heavy goods at the door if you're not home and won't lift anything upstairs due to OHS regulations.