Adairs

Adairs

See the Best Home Decor Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Adairs? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Ella
EllaPerth, WA

Shipping time was appalling

The bedding I ordered is of good quality and I am happy with the product. In saying that however, the ship time was abysmal. Took over a week for my items to even be dispatched. Took over 2 weeks to arrive. Better off going in store

Phyllis
Phyllis South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible cheap quality. RIPOFF

I purchased two “vintage washed linen” quilt covers from Adairs, and one from ilovelinen. Oh how I wish I had have spent the extra (actually not much) cash and bought all from ilovelinen. The Adairs “linen” quilt covers I can only assume are synthetic linen. They are very thin, and slippery and just don’t feel like linen at all. A company can call anything linen if it is made from the flax fibres as a base, but processed in a factory and woven with any other fibres. Only French or Belgian Flax is actual linen and well worth the money. The Adairs “linen” is still very expensive, but worse than a Kmart $20 cotton quilt to be honest. Don’t waste your money. Absolutely horrible.

Simon P.
Simon P.

bathroom as new!

Plush Combed Cotton and soothing “dusty pink” colour, the set of: Bath mat, Contour bath mat and Apartment mat is exactly what I was hoping for when I placed my online order. Easy maintenance, the cotton made mats are machine washable (recommend “delicate” setting).
Feels like a brand new bathroom!

Ellie
EllieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Faulty Bamboo Sheets

I bought an expensive Bamboo cotton Home Replublic sheet and one spray of Sard's Stain remover and it has disintegrated the weave. I have had to patch a sheet that has barely been used. I then checked the wash instructions and it says do not use topical bleach.. Sard's is not topical bleach. What good is a white sheet if you can't even use a spray stain remover. Adair's staff probably are not aware how "Delicate" they are but I wish I had been given a warning. Big waste of money! Has made me very weary of purchasing again and I have only bought Linen from Adairs for over 15 years.

Maxs
MaxsSydney, NSW

Scam membership program

Browsed items in store and wanted to ask about some things at the counter and said I would consider purchase and come back. Staff member said if I paid $20 to sign up to member ship program I would then get discounts and get the $20 back off my first purchase. Went back later to buy the items and said they would email the discount, so I couldn’t even spend it on my “first purchase”. Waited a while as nothing was available I liked and then went to use and the voucher had expired… they make you pay to sign up and only make the credits valid for a few months so that they make money off you without even buying their products. Absolute scam.

Elljai
ElljaiSydney, NSW

100% Pure Linen Quilt Cover & Pillow Cases...FADES QUICKLY.

1 star is too much but cannot select 0. Purchased their 100% Pure Linen Quilt Cover Set and also additional 100% pure linen pillow cases and within 12 months, ALL OF IT is now completely faded, patchy and unusable. ADAIRS are charging top dollar for these items. DON'T PURCHASE. Terrible quality. You'll be wasting your money.

Michelle
Michelle

Shop online if your happy to wait 3-4 weeks

Adairs you need to do something about to your online store. 3-4 weeks to ship items is an outrage! I have purchased items from spotlight and other stores, all items shipped in 2 days!
This is my second time shopping online with you, I should known better after my first experience but the item I wanted to purchase wasn’t in stock in my closest store or any other stores closest to me.
How does it take 2-3 weeks to pack and post 1 item?? Also why does your website state 3-4 days for dispatch? Unless your willing to wait around a month for your items to be delivered quickly people i suggest you take your money elsewhere the online store is a joke.

Roger K
Roger KSydney, NSW

Fitted Sheet set

Bought online a kids fitted sheet set, not a set just fitted sheet and pillow case. No matching flat sheet. Disappointed 7 year old.

Sage H.
Sage H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Terrible

Terrible customer service, $300 sheets pilling multiple times (600T bamboo cotton) Take your money elsewhere. Been shopping with Adairs for 15 years, but I am done. Take your money elsewhere people

Rebecca
RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So disappointing! Item faulty :(

I recently spent a lot of money on Adair’s doona covers for my two children only to realise today that the Rainbow Sunrise Velvet Quilted Bedlinen doona cover that I purchased is faulty. I noticed upon receiving it that it was dirty where the bag wasn’t sealed but I’m not too fussy so I put it through the wash today and it turns out its also pulled in lots of places and has been drawn on! I’m so incredibly annoyed! Of course I didn’t notice it before I washed it and so now can’t return it either.
I have always loved Adair’s quality but this will certainly make me think twice before purchasing again :(

Angela O.
Angela O.Perth, WA

Nice things, disappointing service

I walked into Adairs in Midland hoping to get my son a toddler pillow and pillowcase. The staff completely ignored me yet asked the people who came in after me if they needed anything, then continued to talk and gossip amongst themselves even when I approached the desk. Since I couldn't find what I was looking for myself and nobody would help me I ended up leaving and purchasing elsewhere. Disappointing that the staff was so rude, I would have probably bought quite a few things if I had received any help.

disgruntled
disgruntled

Metro 1500TC Brooklyn Sheet

Worst sheets I have ever bought, after 3 washes these sheets still feel like sandpaper. Incredibly disappointed, I've had better sheets for cheaper. It also took 17 days to dispatch. Horrible experience.

Genevieve
GenevieveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shame Adairs!

Unk
UnkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed customer

I bought two of the same type of quilt covers for my two kids and disappointed to find one with buttons and one without.

The covers were for two beds to have the same type of quilt covers and it is hard for kids to use them when there is no buttons.

Bought Adair Linen for their high quality products and reputation and this was unpleasant suprise. Also paid for their membership when I was at the store.

Cant even return both because I bought one a while ago (with buttons) and went into a lot of trouble to buy the other from same kind few days ago and this was the last one at the store in Bundoora. No point returning one because I wanted the same type for both beds.

Bec at Adair’s Northland was cheerful, helpful and informative. She stopped what she was doing to help me with an amazing cheerful attitude. She really made my experience 10/10.
(04/05/21)

Read more reviews - page 2

humphreyca
humphreycaasked

When are Adairs going to get with the Recyclability of packaging program. Recently ordered 6 Vases and delivered in 6 boxes within a box. Each box was packed with Polystyrene and every side plastic taped. With the imminent polystyrene ban its time Adairs started educating their supply chain. There are excellent alternatives to polystyrene.

KAG
KAGasked

I'd like an Adairs representative to read and respond to this...
Why is your customer service so terrible? Why don't you just answer customer questions/concerns and respond in a timely manner? It's easy! Try it.

Samantha W
Samantha Wasked

I no longer have a receipt. However that should not matter given your good reputation. I have a queen size bed sheet. Washed to instructions. It has shrunk and no longer fits on the bed. Could you send a replacement, and I will return the ill-fitting one. Regards Samantha.

Fired Up
Fired Up

This is a ‘REVIEW’ site not an ADAIRS site so chances of an official response are slim.
Why not just take it into the shop ?!